Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Q&A Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

liz303

Friendly Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:15 pm
How do I post pictures on gaia? I do not have a photo bucket long in, do I have get one or can I use my DA?  
PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:22 pm
Any picture hosting site will suffice if you have access to the image file itself. This includes photobucket, deviantart, tinypic, etc.  

mahi poi no ka oi

Daypaw

Hardened Member

PostPosted: Fri May 21, 2010 8:31 pm

Once you have the code, you can post the image with the code:

[img]IMAGE URL HERE[/img]

PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:36 pm
mahi poi no ka oi
Any picture hosting site will suffice if you have access to the image file itself. This includes photobucket, deviantart, tinypic, etc.

thank you!! smile heart  

liz303

Friendly Explorer

8,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Befriended 100

SoulRIZer

Chatty Regular

9,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Sat May 22, 2010 7:44 pm
i was wondering where do i find the wanted forum~  
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 10:33 pm
SoulRIZer
i was wondering where do i find the wanted forum~

It's a subforum of the exchange forum. After you click the Gaia Echange Forum, you'll be able to see the Wanted Forum in the box above all the threads.

And here's a direct link:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/wanted/f.63/

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

SoulRIZer

Chatty Regular

9,900 Points
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
PostPosted: Mon May 24, 2010 11:15 pm
thanks alot~wooots~  
Arren Ged rolled 20 100-sided dice: 16, 31, 41, 15, 20, 12, 91, 57, 47, 91, 4, 54, 79, 63, 20, 54, 21, 18, 35, 86 Total: 855 (20-2000)
PostPosted: Sun Jun 13, 2010 9:51 pm
Well, how do you just get rid of things that you really don't want, for example, 13 polo shirts, etc. I just want to dump all the stuff I know won't sell, as well, as not want at all. Thank you

I need assistance asap! need to get rid of stuff, like now.  

Arren Ged

Aged Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 1:29 pm
Arren Ged
Well, how do you just get rid of things that you really don't want, for example, 13 polo shirts, etc. I just want to dump all the stuff I know won't sell, as well, as not want at all. Thank you

View your full inventory:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/inventory
Click the item you want to sell.
Choose "Sell Item."
This pretty much destroys the item and gives you gold worth half the store price.

You can only sell one item at a time. You'll have to keep clicking the polo shirts to sell one at a time.
Some items can't be sold back like that. These are usually special items that come from the Cash Shop. Those ones will have to be sold in the marketplace.
There are some other items that are "soulbound." You can't remove these types of items from your account. If you don't want to look at them, you can hide them in storage. From your inventory, click "organize inventory." That link is located just above the top right corner of the items. From there, drag the items to the "Storage locker." You still keep the items, but at least you don't have to look at them on a daily basis.

And, it's often better to sell things back from your inventory page than from the marketplace. Some of the items like, "ocean summer tops" might sell for less than half store price in the marketplace. But store items sell for half store price when you sell them from your inventory page.

Arren Ged rolled 20 100-sided dice: 58, 37, 59, 31, 48, 39, 45, 67, 82, 34, 3, 4, 64, 98, 42, 81, 79, 24, 80, 24 Total: 999 (20-2000)
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:20 am
I would like to know to whom does one post a complaint? I just paid over 11,000 for some arrow fish that died this morning! I wnat to complain that there should have been a notification as to how much longer they had to live once they were bought, and I mean as of the actual time of purchase. So folks do not get ripped off again. All fish should be shown how much longer they have left at time of perchase (once they are in the tank).

Thank you  

Arren Ged

Aged Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100

Arren Ged

Aged Werewolf

8,400 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Wed Jun 16, 2010 1:29 am
sdrawkcab
Arren Ged

View your full inventory:
http://www.gaiaonline.com/inventory
Click the item you want to sell.
Choose "Sell Item."
This pretty much destroys the item and gives you gold worth half the store price.

You can only sell one item at a time. You'll have to keep clicking the polo shirts to sell one at a time.
Some items can't be sold back like that. These are usually special items that come from the Cash Shop. Those ones will have to be sold in the marketplace.
There are some other items that are "soulbound." You can't remove these types of items from your account. If you don't want to look at them, you can hide them in storage. From your inventory, click "organize inventory." That link is located just above the top right corner of the items. From there, drag the items to the "Storage locker." You still keep the items, but at least you don't have to look at them on a daily basis.

And, it's often better to sell things back from your inventory page than from the marketplace. Some of the items like, "ocean summer tops" might sell for less than half store price in the marketplace. But store items sell for half store price when you sell them from your inventory page.

I thank you for the info, I thought that the sell thing was only for the marketplace, so that is why I never used it. They should/could explain that a lot better than was done.
Again thanks loads  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:10 pm
Arren Ged
I would like to know to whom does one post a complaint? I just paid over 11,000 for some arrow fish that died this morning! I wnat to complain that there should have been a notification as to how much longer they had to live once they were bought, and I mean as of the actual time of purchase. So folks do not get ripped off again. All fish should be shown how much longer they have left at time of perchase (once they are in the tank).

Thank you

Fish cannot be sold after they've been put into a tank. Fish placed in tanks become soulbound to the user. So, that fish hadn't "lived" any days yet. All fish bought should live for the time allotted. (I think that some fish might die early if not fed, but they won't die the day after you put them in the tank.)

Aha. I found an answer for you:

Quote:
I bought a fish from the marketplace and it died immediately/too soon!
This is a known issue and if you file a General Account Inquiry ticket with the details about the fish we can grant you a brand new one to replace the dead one.

It's near the bottom of this post. Please refer to that thread because it gives you a link for the Inquiry Ticket.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/bug-reports-technical-support/br-ts-not-a-bug-read-before-posting/t.53447929_2/#2

And, as to the sell back thing, I agree. The current system is unclear. In the old system, our inventories appeared when we viewed the gold shops, like Barton Boutique. We'd be able to click on an item from our inventory and "sell it" to the NPC. It at least made sense. The selling-back-to-the-inventory feature was just a second option. It's now the only option for that method. And, yeah, it's not obvious.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

AznWooper

3,450 Points
  • Contributor 150
  • Flatterer 200
  • Friendly 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 10:33 am
What do you do with the bugs, flowers, and trash you collect from towns? o 3o  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:48 am
AznWooper

After you collect a lot of them, you can exchange them and make them into items. The exchanges are located in different gold shops. [gold shops] I'll list the shop exchanges below. When you go to these shops, the link to the exchange is located under the NPC's picture.
Once at an exchange, the various options only appear if you have enough bugs/flowers/trash to make the item. So if you have no game items, no exchange options will appear. If you have hundreds of those type of game items, you'll see most all of the exchange options.

Barton Flowershoppe: You can exchange flowers. Flowers can only be turned into bouquets. You can make three different sized bouquets. There's a bit more to it, but the guide below explains it.

Ruby's Rack: Exchange paper and turn them into hats. Paper can only be used for these hat items.

Durem Depot: Turn bugs into ink. The only thing you can do with bugs is turn them into ink. You can exchange your bugs at Durem Depot to make ink. Ink can be used to color the wrappings and the ribbons of the flower bouquets. Ink can also be used to make tattoos.

The Ole Fishing Hole: Exchange the boots and cans here. The boots and cans are originally from the fishing game. Then towns was released and also happened to give them out. (I forget. If Towns also has tires, this is where you'd exchange them too.)

Here's a guide that goes into more detail. It's an old guide, but it explains the basic concepts.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/gaia-towns/guide-b-u-g-v2-full-gaia-town-guide/t.31059685_46/

Also:
Skin Tyte: Exchange ink into tattoos. The above guide is old, we've gotten more tattoos since it was made. If you want to know more about tattoos, I can link you to a different tattoo guide.
Back Alley Bargains: Exchange zOMG loot and recipes into items. These items don't affect your zOMG game play. They're just there to be clothing. (Sometimes it's cheaper to buy the item from the marketplace than to actually exchange the recipe so always check the marketplace first for prices.)

Edit; Here's a place that lists all the items that can be made from the game items~ Click each thread to see the lists. It lists the items and how many game items you'd need to make them.
http://www.gaiaonline.com/guilds/viewforum.php?f=33767

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

Vengeful Elegance

PostPosted: Sun Jul 11, 2010 11:49 am
AznWooper

You trade bugs for ink at Durem Depot. You'll need 50 of the same bug.

You trade flowers for boquets at Barton Flowershoppe.

You trade trash for silly things like paper hats and paper cat ears at Ruby's Rack. You'll need 50 pieces of the same kind of trash.  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff