Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Post pictures of yourself! (Now with correct Gramm-R!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you have a pic.
  yes
  no
View Results

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:15 pm
I thought you had to be a boy to join the boy scouts...  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:20 pm
Yeah, aretoo, my dad was hoping that I would do the whole Eagle route and then Explorers, but the program just wasn't for me...

I started as a Bear Scout and quit after a year as a Tenderfoot. I needed more freedom in my outdoor experience than they were willing/able to offer me. Actually, the only merit badge that I ever got was the Wilderness Survival badge, and that only because they left us alone for a night...

@umi — You can't, you have a v****a.

@GRM — It's not weird when it's not like you?  

124-C

umi505

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:25 pm
You made it sound so racist, 124-C!=P

Weeel, apparently your local Boy Scouts said that they may let a few girls join. So far none have.
I want to join because in that group (my brother used to be with them) You get to go like everywhere and actually camp. Unlike when I was in girl scouts.

I may be the first! =)  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:25 pm
Agreed! Anything with a cooch and tits can stay off of me!

I hate it when chicks hit on me too. I find it so insulting!  

God-Raped-Me

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:28 pm
...Actually, most of the Eagles I've known (including myself) didn't actually do Cubs... just went directly into Boy Scouts. But it's too bad you didn't stick with it longer; in most cases, you get more freedom when you get to be older in the troop. smile

You can't join Boy Scouts proper if you're a girl, but you can be an Explorer Scout. A fine distinction, but still. smile

Thank you, GRM! ^_^

aretoo was a program director at 2 different summer camps... as a matter of fact... See if you can identify aretoo in this picture... or this one... mrgreen  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:36 pm
Umi... you mean sexist, it's gender not race.

Man, I ******** hate that! Everyone is calling everything sexist these days! "Dora and that boy version is sexist". No it isn't. They wanted something that the hard core boys will like too, how the ******** is that sexist? If you ask me that's people trying to make everyone happy. Boy and girl scouts are sexist because they only let one gender in. Well NO s**t! it wouldn't be called BOY or GIRL scouts if they let the other ******** gender in now would it?!

Next it's going to be "you only have a p***s/v****a! you're sexist!"...

Stupid world!  

God-Raped-Me

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:37 pm
God-Raped-Me
Agreed! Anything with a cooch and tits can stay off of me!

I hate it when chicks hit on me too. I find it so insulting!

Really? I find it quite awesome.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:42 pm
I actually don't mind guys hitting on me. When they don't give up it kind of bothers me...
aretoo
...Actually, most of the Eagles I've known (including myself) didn't actually do Cubs... just went directly into Boy Scouts. But it's too bad you didn't stick with it longer; in most cases, you get more freedom when you get to be older in the troop. smile

You can't join Boy Scouts proper if you're a girl, but you can be an Explorer Scout. A fine distinction, but still. smile

Thank you, GRM! ^_^

aretoo was a program director at 2 different summer camps... as a matter of fact... See if you can identify aretoo in this picture... or this one... mrgreen

It's interesting, now that I think about it, the Eagle Scouts that I know weren't in Cub Scouts either...

Are you the guy with the big chin just to the left of the blue shirt? (If not, don't be offended, he's really the only person that sticks out in both pictures.)  

124-C

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:43 pm
You like when guys hit on you? Meh, to each their own.

I just find it insulting because they assume I'm going to take kindly to them hitting on me. And most of the time if I tell them to back off they get pissed because I don't want their v****a. Or they think it's ok to hit on me when I'm with GTR. As if it going to be cool for me to do s**t with them because they DON'T have a p***s. It's just not s**t I need to put up with. Ever.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:45 pm
@Aretoo:I know that as you go up you can do more adventurous things. But the only Girl Scouts near us is a Christian one I used to be in. No matter the age, it’s the same Christian thing. Boring as heck, trust me. ><

That ruins my fun. I just want to be able to go on all the camping and back packing trips. ^^
When you say "Explorer Scout" is that a completely different group, or something a girl would be called in the boy scouts?

@GRM: Typo, sorry. And I was just kidding. sweatdrop  

umi505

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:45 pm
124-C
Are you the guy with the big chin just to the left of the blue shirt? (If not, don't be offended, he's really the only person that sticks out in both pictures.)

Hehehe No, I'm not offended, and that's not me; I'm on the bottom row, exactly diagonally from the guy with the blue shirt. The tan one with the big head. ^_^  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:48 pm
umi, there's three distinct groups in the BSA: Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Explorers. The major differences is the age groups and specificity of activities/training...  

124-C

God-Raped-Me

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:50 pm
I wasn't ranting at you, you jut brought up a rant in me. I do that a lot.  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:53 pm
umi505
@Aretoo:I know that as you go up you can do more adventurous things. But the only Girl Scouts near us is a Christian one I used to be in. No matter the age, it’s the same Christian thing. Boring as heck, trust me. ><

That ruins my fun. I just want to be able to go on all the camping and back packing trips. ^^
When you say "Explorer Scout" is that a completely different group, or something a girl would be called in the boy scouts?

@GRM: Typo, sorry. And I was just kidding. sweatdrop

Explorer Scouts are a division of the Boy Scouts, so kinda-sorta a different group, but the same. smile Girls are allowed in Explorers, but unless they're trying something new, not in Boy Scouts proper. And they generally do more adventuresome things in Explorer Scouts, so if you have a post near you, that'd probably be a good solution for you. (Bearing in mind, this is United States Scouting program I'm talking about; if you're in some other country, rules and opportunities may differ.)

And I know what you mean about the Christian groups; being a long-time Scout and Scouter (adult Scout), I've known many, MANY very religious troops. smile  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

umi505

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 2:55 pm
124-C
umi, there's three distinct groups in the BSA: Cub Scouts, Boy Scouts, and Explorers. The major differences is the age groups and specificity of activities/training...
Got'cha ya. Thanks

Still, if this Local Boy Scouts are letting in Girls and becoming a more "Explorers" type deal. I would like to try it out. As long as they'll still do all the trips and back packing that is.

@GRM: Oh, ok. ahaha. Sorry. I was just making sure I didn't make anyone angery, I wouldn't want to do that. Xp  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 531 532 533 534 535 536 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games