Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Hogwarts Express Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:53 pm
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire walked onto the train with David and Leonette calmly keeping her composure as she daintily walked along the corridor.
Spotting a familiar face Claire froze in place, "...Ca....Catharine?"

Catharine was here too? Oh wait...she was a fellow first year.
Of course she would be on the train.

"...David...Leonette....I'd like you to meet Catharine~" The blonde said as she introduced the muggleborn. Claire swallowed her pride and took a seat on the opposite side of Catharine, "...Pleased to see you again."

My feelings? I'm nervous you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Really?"
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

mc2
StudiousDemoness
murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:01 pm
User Image
So tell me what you want to hear
Something that will light those ears
Sick of all the insincere
So I'm gonna give all my secrets away

User Image

Jer stomped through the train cars, already irritated. Of all the low, nasty, mean-spirited things Luke could ever do, leaving Steffi like he did was probably the worst thing the Cockney boy could think of. Never mind he probably shattered her heart, but this? Oh, he was going to make the older boy pay, and he didn't care. Besides, he finally was able to cast magic again, ruddy laws, and he was dragging his trunk and cat case along like it weighed nothing. Well, it did, at least to him. He was sure his own spontaneous bit of magic had occurred yet again that allowed for him to carry it one-handed down the train. The blond Slytherin poked his head into every compartment he could find, deciding that he really needed to get as far away from the Norwegian menace as he could, when he spotted Gypsy and another, older girl with her. Knocking on the door frame, he gave them both his best smile. "Oi, ya doves don' mind if I happen ta join ya in here, do ya? I need ta ge' as far away from some dumb gi' as I possibly can."

-------------------------------------------
State: Annoyed
OOC: ...
-------------------------------------------

This time, don't need another perfect lie
Don't care if critics ever jump in line
I'm gonna give all my secrets away

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:17 pm
User Image
User Image

GryffindorThird YearSingleKeeperWearing

Minn giggled at Gypsy's saying it was better to nap now, rather than crash at the feast. When the other girl said had a pretty boring summer, Minn tilted her head. That sounded like fun! Green eyes widened and looked away when she was asked about getting into trouble. "Uh... me? N-nope! I'd never! Haha! Um... I met up with a ton of people at the ice cream parlour.... and got to see my uncle Gréggy! I've not seen him for a really long time. Other than that, I helped babysit and train for Quidditch at my neighbors' house." She turned her attention to Amy... for all of two seconds, when a boy pushed open the door. He seemed to be inquiring about seats, and if he could join them, but it was hard to tell for certain. Being the Gryffindor she was, the girl gave a nod. "Sure you can sit here, I don't mind a bit! Always nice to make new friends! I'm Minn, by the way. Minn Nolynn. It rhymes!" She gave her best and brightest smile, then moved her things to give him a seat.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:13 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Kings Cross - Platform 9¾ -> Hogwarts Express

Chloe followed the other Hufflepuffs to a compartment taking a seat next to Ariana. “That’s the same thing I thought when I was told this summer I made prefect. I do hope I can be just as good as you.” She told her. Chloe really had no idea how she made prefect well maybe it was her grades she was said to be the Ravenclaw of the Hufflepuff house at times. “I have to agree their great much better than the boat ride… well unless you like that sort of thing.” She said agreeing that it was a much better way of getting to the school.

“Ariana is right. We live at Hogwarts for seven years and only come home for summer holiday or for some winter holidays.” Chloe added. If saying your house would be your family for the next seven years wasn’t enough of a hint what would be. “Victor after five years I’m still amazed myself.” She told him honestly. She was just like every other student which is why she was equally as satisfied to be returning to the school she loved so much.

With: Ariana, Victor, Raph

Wearing: Casual

OOC: ---

User Image
Whiskers the Cat

Squeeky Luff
shabatha
kiska166

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:18 am
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:2nd year Platform Clothes]

➳ ➳ ➳

She seems nice.

➳ ➳ ➳

"Yep," Ronna said with a smile, "I'm a second year." She knew her height could have made her look a few years older if she had wanted to lead the girl on-which she wouldn't, why would someone do that? It wasn't like the girl was a threat.

"And I got into probably one of the worst boats for me possible," Ronna said laughing at the experience. "They all end up being sorted into Slytherins and two were the pureblood purist sort. Not very good choice for a Muggleborn like myself." She was still smiling and ended with a shrug.

"Nah, it was a pretty good year besides people randomly falling asleep, a detention-which was stupid because I got it for standing up for the right thing-, and Gryffindor getting last place in Quidditch and me being fairly useless as a reserve beater," She said, glancing out the window.

"Anyways, what house are you hoping for, Alex? All of the houses have their perks... even Slytherin."

User Image

{ }
kiska166

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:50 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: casual clothes

Maybe I am more like my Mother than I thought...

David watched as Claire made a show of trying to keep her "dainty composure". It was something so many of his father's Muggle plastic client women did and something his pureblood family women did. He found it amusing because he found that he saw far better shows of it. If his mother took this girl under her wing and trained her, oh, she would be terrifying... now she was a little girl who thought she knew how to play the game. A child who knew how to play checkers trying to play chess. As he evaluated her he was chilled a bit about how calculating he sounded in his head and a small thought crept in his head-maybe he would look in green- before he squashed it with, no, I want Ravenclaw.

Shaking the thoughts he smiled about Leonette's-he rather Leo, even though it made her sound like a shoe in for Gryffindor- energy and excitement at hopefully being placed in the same house as her Dad. From the latest argument, David got to listen to how his Dad rather him not to have inherited the family's magic. Of course, he already knew that.

Claire paused and faltered at the name Catherine. She seemed like a rather harmless girl. A little like she was adjusting-probably muggleborn, not that David cared- wearing a leather jacket that probably was a splurge of a normal person's allowance. Then again, what did he know about money, his Dad was the top paid plastic surgeon in London and they both came from wealthy pureblood families.

He smiled as he sat down across from Claire and Catherine and stuck out a hand to Catherine, realizing he was still holding his book. He smiled what was a genuine smile to Catherine and said, "I'm David. A pleasure to meet one of my peers." As he said he realized he sounded like his Dad and then thought, well, better than sounding like my Mom.

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff
StudiousDemoness

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:31 pm
jeѕѕαмιɴe αɴd тoвιαѕ wαlѕн
| тwιɴѕ | ѕecoɴd yeαrѕ | нυғғlepυғғ αɴd ɢryғғιɴdor |

User ImageUser Image

jeѕѕ flounced purposefully down the train corridor, arguing with her twin brother, as usual. "I'm telling you, I saw her! Her hair was brown, though! What does that mean?!"

"Isn't her hair usually pink?" her brother muttered, following along behind her dejectedly.

"Yes! But I recognized her by the outfit!"

"Outfit?"

"Her style, Toby. Really, I worry about you sometimes." she snapped.

"Excuse me, for not paying attention to whatever the heck girls are wearing-"

"You have no sense of fashion," Jess seethed, before her brown eyes lit up and she pushed open a compartment door. "Aha! I told you it was her!" she crowed. "GYPSY!" She looked ready to tackle her friend in a hug, but realized how tired she looked and settled for doing a little shriek-squeal hybrid and beaming. "And Minn! Hi! And Jerome!" she carried on.

тoвy coughed. "Jeremy."

His sister looked confused. "Come again?"

Toby barely suppressed a groan. "Jess," he said under his breath. "His name isn't Jerome. It's Jeremy. Remember?"

"Ohhh. Jeremy then!" she amended cheerily.

Her twin brother shoved his hands into his pockets and gave a nod to the others in the compartment, before slumping into a seat by the window.

"Don't mind him," Jess said in a stage whisper. "He's just ticked off because Mum found the extendable ears he was trying to smuggle in his trunk."

"I bought those with my own money," her brother moaned. "And she gave them to Vi and Thea to play with. She gave my extendable ears to a six and five year old."

Jess snickered not so quietly, taking a seat as well.

Cara MiaKitty

Diamond Wales

Miss GryffindorK

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 1:04 pm
User Image
User Image
Kimberly Hudson
======================
Pureblood || Unsorted || Eleven || First Year
======================

Walking to the small hall that led to seats of the train, a red headed girl looked for a place to sit. She was ready to meet people, but the freckled girl didn't know were to sit. Kimberly just decided to sit by herself until another student joined her. The girl looked out of the window and watch as nature shot by the train. Kimberly sighed and smiled as she thought of what was to come in this new school.

======================
Location: The Hogwarts Express || Thoughts: Were to sit... || Company: No one || Crush: No one
======================
Outfit

hjcoffman2881

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 3:01 pm
User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
You could never truly know someone until you've gotten to know them. Yet Catharine had been sure that in the few minutes she had to endure this girl's presences that the girl would have sooner left a toad in her bed, than sit in the same cabin with her. It appeared she was wrong, since she was here and Cat had yet to find a toad anywhere close to her room. Hopefully, it stays that way, she thought as she offered the familiar looking girl a weak smile and placed Sir Luckless's cage on the cabin's table.

"Yeah. . .you too," she muttered she looked over the other two following...the girl. The girl seemed straight forward enough, it was written on her open face. She smiled at her and then turned to the bloke. He was well enough and seemed to hold himself a touch stiff. This was confirmed when he presented a hand to shake.

"Same," she said, giving both of them a stronger smile than the one she'd given the other. Given them a look over, she tried to place their names with their faces. A trick she'd been doing all summer using the chocolate frog cards. She was still with getting names right off, but she had a chance with slow introductions at least. Folding her bare feet under herself, she smiled and looked over them, even cutting a side glance at ...Goodness, she hoped she got her name soon.

"So since I'm not fond of silences, lets fill it," Cat tilted her head towards the familiar girl. "We met outside the Leaky Cauldron. Where did lot meet?"
[{o.o.C }]

murruelecreuset

Squeeky Luff

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 4:34 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Kings Cross - Platform 9¾ -> Hogwarts Express

Leonette looked over at who Claire had spotted. She figured that this girl must be the friend she was speaking of. She seemed nice to her as far as she could tell. “It’s nice to meet you Catharine. My name’s Leonette but you can call me Leo if you want.” She introduced herself as she took a seat. When Catharine said that she and Claire meet outside the Leaky Cauldron it only confirmed her theory that she was the friend Claire spoke of. “We just meet a few minutes ago on the platform actually.” Leonette answered her question.

With: Claire, David, and Catharine

Wearing: Casual first year

OOC: ---

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Squeeky Luff
mc2
StudiousDemoness

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:29 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

I actually find that silence can be quite nice... oh well.

David was glad for Leo's answer and could feel the uncomfortableness of the the girl Catharine with Claire. He sensed the two girls had some kind of tension there. It was a mystery he'd love to know-maybe it was simply that Catharine could read Claire for two-faced and that was it-then again it could be more and that possibility made him curious.

He made himself comfortable by the door of the cabin car allowing Leo the window seat, it was what was polite-wasn't the window seat considered the prime seat? David sat his book on his lap and leaned forward some towards Catharine and said, "Since you are not fond of silences and we just met maybe we should exchange more than names. You, Catharine, and Claire met outside the Leaky Cauldron? I was stuck doing most of my shopping with my mother, though at least I got to go to Flourish and Blotts for a while on my own while she placed an order for my father's pets."

He looked to Leo and said with a smile, "So whom did you get to do your shopping with?" To a skilled eye or ear it was obvious he was mostly sticking to small talk, things that would avoid any potential conflict.

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff
StudiousDemoness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:48 pm
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire calmed herself as she listened to the...rather one note conversation.
Small talk was something more than uncomfortable silence at least.

"Yes...we did meet outside earlier. Since we are all first years here." Claire concurred as she listened to Leonette introduce herself once more.

Claire looked at David however as he spoke up, possibly to break the silence?
It was rather admirable anyway, "A pet? Pray tell may I ask what kind of pet?" She honestly was curious, as much as she tried to distance herself and turn away potential friends, she honestly did have a small soft spot for animals.

...Animals were else annoying after all.

"Ah but yes. We met outside the leaky cauldron...actually down the street from it really." She then smiled some. Terse as it was, she wasn't that great with constant companionship after all.

"So how have you been since then Catharine?" Claire asked, somewhat caring but somewhat not caring as to the answer, "Anything...exciting happen?"

My feelings? I'm cold you know?
Precious thought of mine, ".."
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

mc2
StudiousDemoness
murruelecreuset

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:02 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

I actually find that silence can be quite nice... oh well.

David glanced at Claire and sat back, finding it odd she would be interested in his father's pets. "I said pets," He corrected. "My father has two cats, rex devons. Tristan and Tara. I believe he had them when my parents married. Regardless they spent most of the summer quite unhappy with the fact I got an owl from my maternal grandparents for school. I named her Annabella."

"So, you, Claire, and Catharine met down the street as in on the streets of Diagon Alley or the Muggle streets?" He asked, curious, wondering if he might get the story between the apparent dislike between the two girls. He hated mysteries: they should be solved in his opinion.

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff
StudiousDemoness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:27 pm
User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
She was right. Open and honest, how had she ended up with...her. It was odd what brought people together. Suddenly the smile on her face didn't feel like it was a weight, she said, "I hope you don't feel offended by this, but that good. Nothing's more awkward than trying to carry a conversation with three good friends."

Unfolding her legs from under her, she then crossed them. Hopefully, they didn't disgust her companions, but she couldn't keep the position all ride. Taking a peek outside the window, she was awed to see that they were no longer in the stations or even in the city. For a moment the conversation fade to the background as she watched the green hills roll past under partly cloudy skies. Pulling out of her revery, she turned her attention back just in time to catch Claire asking her something. Brushing her hair back from her silvery eyes, to tuck it behind her ear.

"Not much, actually. I did most of my shopping over the course of the summer and spent the rest of it exploring the streets and reading anything suggested in Flourish and Blotts," she answered Claire with a shrug. She didn't care for the sugar Claire was giving off, it made her amicable, but Cat doubted that the other girl had forgotten their souring beginnings. Then she turned towards...David she regarded him again as she considered his question. Was he searching for something? Maybe to know if she's of proper blood or something? She'd read about such people testing others. Then again it was a possible she was over thinking an otherwise simple question. She tended to do that. Blinking at him twice, then cutting a glance towards Claire before she replied, "Muggle streets."

[{o.o.C }]

Squeeky Luff

mc2

murruelecreuset

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 6:52 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Ah, and Catharine is evaluating my questions.

"I enjoyed my visit to Flourish and Blotts but I didn't get much time there or Diagon Alley," David said. "I only visited to pick up my school books and some extra reading... I really wish I had bought more books. Anyways, I also spent a great deal of time reading. I am not particularly interested in exploring the streets of the neighborhood of Belgravia beyond the libraries and any bookstores-and most are merely stuff I could just stay home and download."

From what he said he realized he sounded muggleborn. His pureblood families would have a fit. Of course his father had wanted to live a Muggle life as much as possible and tried to enforce a no-magic policy within the walls of his home: of course, his wife didn't listen. He had also said quite casually one of the richest neighborhoods in London-it was a neighborhood of mansions and home to the rich and a few famous: his father may want to live a Muggle life but he wasn't all that interested in living a frugal Muggle life.

He said with an innocent smile, "Lower odds of meeting a first year from Hogwarts on Muggle streets than the streets of Diagon Alley. Must have been luck." He decided to keep out whether it was good or bad luck-in his opinion Claire seemed like a person to avoid unless you liked that sort of manipulative two-faced game that some people did actually seem to enjoy.

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff
StudiousDemoness

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 52 53 54 55 56 57 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games