Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
The Hogwarts Express Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 7:43 pm
User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
Catharine barely resisted the urge to give him a dry look and say, "Of course it was luck. I love meeting a two-face sociopath on the street. I try to meet at least two different ones each day."

"Hmm, yeah, well the luck seems to be carrying,"
she said instead as she leaned back into the seat. If it was luck, then it had carried through that chance meeting with Claire (if you could call that luck) that had led to the other (with the sisters) and eventually this one (which by far had to be the most pleasant...despite Claire's presence). Though she could feel luck starting to drain out. Luck wasn't going to help her in this world. It was so new and strange. Yet none of the others seemed to struggle with it. None of the others seemed the slightly bit taken with a magic train or barrier. Claire wasn't, she knew that from their first meeting. David, lived in one of the wealthiest 'Muggle' neighbors she knew, yet seemed more at home. While Leo seemed to be the just as comfortable.

The only cure for this illness is to ask questions, she told herself and glanced back at David. Then decided the best course was to just ask...even if she sounds like a barmy git, "So you got extra reading? On what? Our classes? Or just a subject that you like?"
[{o.o.C }]

Squeeky Luff

mc2

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:01 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: casual clothes

She's probing me...

David noticed as Catharine did not appreciate his comment about luck. Perhaps it was because it involved Claire, which he also was not particularly fond of, or perhaps it was she wasn't a big fan of the idea of luck or fate-not that he was either. He was more than happy to talk to Catharine about reading, even if she was probably probing him.

"Oh a variety," David said with a large smile that was actually genuine. He loved books and studying. "I of course got all our necessary spell books but I got some supplementary materials on the basic subjects but most of my interests lie in healing." He held out the thick book to her that was called Three Hundred Basic Healing Solutions from Spells to Potions. The book was about eight hundred pages thick. "This was one of my favorite reads. I have gone through it only a couple of times though... it is kind of lengthy, even for someone of my reading speed."

Still smiling, obviously the girl had found an interest of his, he said, "Any books catch your fancy over the summer?"

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff
StudiousDemoness

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:48 pm
User Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

After walking through the halls of the Hogwarts Express several times, Cameron failed to find Elli anywhere. It was too late for him to get an empty compartment since they all seemed to be taken, so the sixteen year old went out to look for anyone he knew. After a few minutes of searching for any of his mates, he found a couple of his classmates. "Hey, Penny, Rick. Mind if I sit with you? All the other compartments are full," he said, standing at the foot of the entrance to their compartment. Cameron hadn't really befriended either of them, but they were in his year, so he figured sitting with them wouldn't be awful or too boring.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 8:57 pm
User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
Catharine couldn't help the smile as she took the book from David. The weight of it nearly caused her to fall from her seat. It was rare to find a boy who liked to read, but to read such a topic so soon in the school career. The boy had a plan and was clearly going to follow it. Holding it she looked at the worn cover and much thumbed pages without truly reading the pages. Scanning one she barely stopped herself from snorting, then muttered, "No light summer reading then."

She smirking, she handed it back. Letting her bare feet touch the soft carpeting of the cabin before leaning back, "I'm impressed, I don't think I could even beginning to decided which subject interest me the most. My reading tended to go all over. From How to enchant a kitchen to a variety of Historical Books. I read a few. . .I suppose I'd call them Tales. . . That doesn't narrow things down."

She paused truly considering which book had taken her interest. Finally she surrendered with shrug, "I'll admit. I'm so new that everything in the Wizarding World that everything interest me. Reading about Goblin Rebellions was just as interesting as reading about the variety of enchanted tea blends, which is to say that once the novelty had worn off I got bored. Several kept my attention, like Sorcery before Secrecy, The time before the Statute of Secrecy and Philosophy of the Mundane. There was an interesting book about the Misadventures of an Officer in the Misuse of Muggle Artifacts Department in the Ministry. Otherwise, I can't pin down a single point of interesting."

She gave him another feeble shrug as if to say, Sorry for the rubbish answer, but it's all I've got.
[{o.o.C }]

mc2
Squeeky Luff
murruelecreuset

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:00 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

User Image

Ariana shrugged when Victor gave a few reasons as to why she could have been chosen as prefect. Maybe the first reason, she thought. That had to be it! Why else would she be chosen? Maybe the Head of House really did think she could benefit from it the most. It did teach her that she needed to be stern with people, no matter how much she didn't want to. She also did learn some valuable lessons about responsibility. Ariana smiled when Chloe spoke up. "You will be a wonderful prefect." It wasn't that hard of a job. All you really had to do was enforce rules. The redhead smiled at the pink haired boy's comment. "You get used to it. Well, sort of," she said after Chloe admitted to still being amazed by everything.

User Image

Squeeky Luff
murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:16 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Kings Cross - Hogwarts Express

It seemed like there was definitely something going on between the two girls but Leonette wasn’t the type to read into things unless it had anything to do with a possible backstabbing. Not that she would call anyone out for that sort of thing. Well maybe under certain circumstances she would. “Me… I actually went twice. The first time was with my two younger sisters and my two cousins. They’re at Hogwarts as well. That trip was to get my supplies, books, and what not.” She explained before going onto her second trip. “The second time I went I was just with my sisters and my dad. He wanted to be there for when I got it.”

When the subjects of pets arose it perked Leonette’s interest. “I have a pet it’s not an owl and I didn’t get it from a store or anything. It’s a finch named Gwen that was originally my mother’s” That finch was everything to Leonette just for that reason. “She’s golden yellow with black wings and a black spot on the top of her head.” She told them whether they cared to know or not.

Hearing that David was interesting in healing Leonette remembered that her Aunt was a healer and her cousin Chloe also wanted to be one when she graduated in three more years. “That sure is a thick book. I’m sure healing would come in hand especially if you want to be in that field.” She commented. “Although I’m not one for reading I would have to say I’d be interested in anything to do with protective magic or any kind of magic really.” Leonette added. Her interests lied on a more hands on approach to everything she did.

With: Claire, David, and Catharine

Wearing: Casual first year

OOC: ---

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Squeeky Luff
mc2
StudiousDemoness

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:17 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria listened to Veronica's story about the boat ride last year. Slytherins weren't necessarily horrible people. However, the two blood purist ones must have been a terrible choice for the blonde. Mostly because she was a muggleborn. "Do you have to take the boat again this year? Or is it only first years?" she asked. If the Gryffindor was going to get to the castle by the same means of transportation as Alex, they could always sit together. At least that would decrease the amount of rude, obnoxious students who sat with the first year. Randomly falling asleep? How odd, she thought, tilting her head a little to the side as she listened about Veronica's year. Could it have been some sort of spell that did that, or were the students just too tired to stay awake? When she mentioned Gryffindor getting last place, Alexandria scrunched her eyebrows again. Please don't let me get into Gryffindor, she hoped. Since the first year was planning on trying out for Quidditch, she wanted to be on a winning team. If Gryffindor came in dead last during the previous year, there was probably a low chance in them winning this year. When asked about what house she wanted, Alexandria smirked in thought. "I, uh, hrm." She never really thought about what house she wanted, only which house she knew she wouldn't get. After reading over the different houses and their members' characteristics, the first year narrowed down her own personality to three houses. Hufflepuff was the only one she did not belong in. Ravenclaw would be a long shot considering she hated doing homework, even if she could get good grades. Really, there were only two houses left on the list, but since Gryffindor lost during Quidditch, Alex decided she didn't want that one. Would she ever tell Veronica she didn't want to get in her house? Definitely not. "Well, my mum was in Gryffindor when she went to school, so getting into your house would be good," she said simply.

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:28 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Ah, Muggleborn?

"Well all your reading up on Wizarding Society should help," David said. "My mother made sure I was prepared to go to her alma matter and would adjust from Muggle schools to Hogwarts without any problems."

He smiled and said, "And I assume you are muggleborn, I wouldn't really worry much about it. The novelty eventually wears off. I mean there are plenty of Muggleborns working in the Wizarding World and the Ministry as we speak. I doubt they are still in shock about the whole wizarding world being hidden from them as young children." He thought in the back of his head, Yeah, Mom's brother complains about it enough.

He glanced over at Leo as she spoke up. He was pretty sure his Dad's cats would have ate a finch. He held a smile as she admitted she was interested in reading, which was too bad, but at least Catharine seemed to be so he would have someone to talk to. When she said about the book coming in handy he smiled and said, "Yes, I plan to be the best healer in the British Isles, so I have to start studying early, of course. Dad's a surgeon, though he focuses generally on the more superficial, so you can say the medical field runs in the family."
murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff
StudiousDemoness

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:43 pm
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:2nd year Platform Clothes]

➳ ➳ ➳

She's avoiding my question. Okay, time to play cool upperclassman.

➳ ➳ ➳

"You don't have to be in the house your parents want you to be in," Ronna said with a smile. "My Dad after reading about all the houses wanted me to be a Ravenclaw... you see how that worked out." She thought back to what she remembered about reading about getting to Hogwarts and hearing and remembered that only the first years took the boats.

"Nah," Ronna continued, "Only the first years take the boats to the castle. Upperclassmen I think take carriages and we get to watch all of you get sorted. But that'll be good you can meet some of your peers. I mean even though I got a completely awkward boat trip I at least got a story out of it to laugh at, right? And now I know who to avoid in my class. Oh, and I have a friend who is in my house who fell in the lake so there you go, there are even more embarrassing stories to tell about the boat trip. Of course she laughed it off and made it into a great adventure, but what else can you do?"

"Anyways, just hope for whatever house that will make you happy," Ronna said, "and don't worry about what other people think because you're stuck with the house selection for a while. I knew I'd probably be a shoe in for Gryffindor and I wanted that so I was happy with the hat's choice. If you want a house different than the house I'm in or what your mum was in, that's totally fine too."

User Image

{ }
kiska166

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 9:55 pm
User Image
Unsorted 🌱 First Year
Catharine was tempted to tell David he was wrong. Though why correct him. She was basically a muggleborn, no matter her parent's lineages. She had as much knowledge of their world as one and she had as many ties. Well, that wasn't true, given the vault at Gringotts and her family's past. That excluded the extra special items that her mother bought and sold. Even with that truth, she wasn't going to right his error. There was little wrong with being a muggleborn other than the possibility of unwanted hate.

Shrugging again, she slid out of conversation onward. Listening to David, she couldn't help, but feel impressed again. He had a plan, an ambitious one at that and was seemingly working hard for it. She was impressed and part of her was jealous, to have a goal already to work for made decisions so much easier. She was about to add her voice to the conversation again, when she heard and saw two things. One was another student walking down the hall already in their robes, the other was the elderly old lady with a trolley of sweets. The two pasted each other with little conversation, looking at the trolley made Cat's stomach protest it's current state. Her mind however was racing.

Cutting a glance out the window, she realized the sky was getting darker. She blinked twice before it finally hit her, "I think we'll be there soon. I just saw an older student dressed in robes. By the way, anyone else hungry. I just spotted a food Trolley roll past."
[{ exit to Hogsmeade Station in Hogswart guild }]

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff
mc2

StudiousDemoness

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Wall Street 200

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:06 pm
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
So she ran away in her sleep
Dreamed of para- para- paradise
Every time she closed her eyes

User Image
User Image

WearingWhere: Hogwarts ExpressWith:Echo Thinking: Finally!OOC

·» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

If Tanya noticed her friend's discomfort then she didn't speak of it as she pulled him through the crowd and up onto the train. She peered around, or rather under for some of these ginormous upper years, until at long last she spotted a compartment that wasn't being used and drug her nonconforming friend with her into it. Once the door was closed behind her a sudden lurch stole her attention and the sound of a steam whistle came floating into her ears. The train was moving, they were leaving the station, they were going to Hogwarts! "Finally!" she said with a soft exclamation flopping onto the seat but being mindful, pulled her backpack in her front to see her rabbit silently observing everything. "Naughty thing you, you were supposed to stay asleep!" Tanya gently chided Marvin however any lesson he might've learned was undone by her constant petting and cooing of how adorable he was. She looked back up with a wide grin to Echo visibly vibrating with excitement. "Isn't this amazing?! We're finally going to Hogwarts! After years and years we'll finally see what all the hubbub is about." she said with a giggle.

Cara MiaKitty

Life goes on
It gets so heavy
The wheel breaks the butterfly
Every tear, a waterfall
In the night, the stormy night
She closed her eyes
In the night, the stormy night
Away she'd fly.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:12 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

Here already? Hmm...

David stood and said, "Well, if you will excuse me. I am the only guy here I'll give you girls the privacy to change into your robes and find a place to change into mine. Meet you at the Station then. It was wonderful chatting with you. And no, I'll wait till the feast to eat, I'm not particularly hungry."

The truth was he was quite anxious that he would end up in Slytherin just like about every family member in his family in history. He was smart, cunning, he could play the "game" which was manipulate people if he had to, and he was ambitious. But then again he just wanted to curl up in a nice corner of the library without the drama and read books on healing and his classes so he could head boy and go on to achieve his dream,

With a polite smile he bowed out of the cabin to find an empty cabin to change into his plain dress robes and wait for first the boats across and then eventually the moment of truth... the sorting hat. Would he be a Ravenclaw like he hoped or would he be fated to be with the pit of vipers, the Slytherins.

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff
StudiousDemoness

{Exit to Hogsmeade Station in Hogwarts Guild}  

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:33 pm
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire had stayed mostly silent during the train ride, in truth she was actually quite tired.
Though she tried not to show it.

She had spent so long in sweet mode and that just wore her out, "Ah....We are nearing here aren't we?"

She had come on the train already dressed, mostly due tot he hassle of changing on the train, so she didn't need to go through with that.
Claire glanced up at the mention of food, "I have some chocolate frogs with me."

She then held them out, "Want them?"

As the station came into view however Claire quickly gathered her things, "..."

My feelings? I'm anxious you know?
Precious thought of mine, "time for the new year to start."
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "Exiting to Hogsmede Station~" Out of character.

murruelecreuset
mc2
StudiousDemoness

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:38 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor had actually fallen asleep, rides always did that to him.
It reminded him of old times, when his parents weren't so...obsessed and busy.

When they could actually get together.

"Nnn...We're here already?" He asked, with a stifled yawn, rubbing at his eyes.
In hindsight that was not the brightest idea.

Contacts and all.

"Ouch!" He then turned away and quickly grabbed another pair out of his case he always had with him, carefully putting them in and blinking some, "I wish there was some magic spell to fix eyes..."

He then glanced at the prefects in the cart and stood up, "...So I guess the second years and up will be lead to where we need to go?"

I feel pained you know?
My inner thoughts are, "That wasn't the smartest idea."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "Exiting to Hogsmede Station." Out of character.

kiska166

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:45 pm
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

// // // // 14 //

Where? -- Hogwarts Express
With? --- David!!
Feeling//OoC --- How come he didn't break first...((Sorry it took awhile))

User Image

Shayna had smiled and thanked David when he had helped her onto the train trying to look like she was ignoring the fact he had a list for her. He was totally teasing her... She found an empty coach and sat down near the window. The list had already been put back in her pocket. She glanced towards the door where David would enter any second now. When she did she threw her eyes to the window again to watch his reflection without actually looking at him. To make her seem fascinated with the outside world. But the moment he sat down she would probably turn and snuggle into him. She had missed him a ton.

"Maybe she will. My cousin I mean. And your cousin looks really cute. Almost as cute as another first year I had met." She said tapping her chin as if thinking. She was meaning him when they had first met as first years. "And No. My opinion wouldn't have been very biased. If you want I can go through how very logical my opinion was." She said with a fake yawn and a glance at him through her slightly closed eyes. She was trying not to be too teasing. Since she had spent the entire summer with Raph and Phire, she had really not done much of anything else.

"Alright Alright! I really want your list..." She said kind of wimpy. She really wanted it but she had hoped he would have broken...

User Image

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Sapphire The Owl

murruelecreuset

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 ... 93 94 95 96 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games