Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
Q&A Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlueXMoonXButterfly

PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 8:45 pm
What is bumping and how does it work?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 06, 2010 9:21 pm
BlueXMoonXButterfly

Every time someone posts in a thread, that thread rises to the top of a forum. If your thread has fallen off the first page, you must post to bring it back up. The act of posting to put a thread back at the top of the forum is called a BUMP.
You don't have to say the word "bump" for it to work. Any word or words or post will work. There's nothing special about the actual word.
I was told before that BUMP stands for "Bring Up My Post" but I don't know whether it's true or not.

In busy forums, threads disappear from the first page within a couple minutes. Bumping constantly will ensure that people will see your thread. This is very good for threads like art shops.

On Gaia, people often say the word "bump" when they don't know what else to say. They just see others doing it and think they should too. Or, many threads will say "bump this thread to 100 pages!" And people will proceed to bump over and over for no specific reason. Before Gaia got games, posting in threads and voting in polls were our main sources of income (aside from surfing pages, vending, or buying/selling MCs). So people used to post bump over and over as a way to earn gold without having to think about the posts they were making. Some people still bump to earn gold for posting.

Ha. I always say too much. XD I hope that helps more than confuses. And, about the other answers, no problem. (:

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

BlueXMoonXButterfly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:44 am
sdrawkcab
BlueXMoonXButterfly

Every time someone posts in a thread, that thread rises to the top of a forum. If your thread has fallen off the first page, you must post to bring it back up. The act of posting to put a thread back at the top of the forum is called a BUMP.
You don't have to say the word "bump" for it to work. Any word or words or post will work. There's nothing special about the actual word.
I was told before that BUMP stands for "Bring Up My Post" but I don't know whether it's true or not.

In busy forums, threads disappear from the first page within a couple minutes. Bumping constantly will ensure that people will see your thread. This is very good for threads like art shops.

On Gaia, people often say the word "bump" when they don't know what else to say. They just see others doing it and think they should too. Or, many threads will say "bump this thread to 100 pages!" And people will proceed to bump over and over for no specific reason. Before Gaia got games, posting in threads and voting in polls were our main sources of income (aside from surfing pages, vending, or buying/selling MCs). So people used to post bump over and over as a way to earn gold without having to think about the posts they were making. Some people still bump to earn gold for posting.

Ha. I always say too much. XD I hope that helps more than confuses. And, about the other answers, no problem. (:

Thanks! But I have another question sweatdrop . Well, I was looking at the tattoo guide on tektek, and I noticed that for the arm tattoos, unless it said something like "Purple Stripes Left Arm Tattoo" the preview of the tattoo was always on the right arm. Does that mean that unless the title says otherwise, that all tattoos are on the right arm?  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 07, 2010 10:44 am
BlueXMoonXButterfly

Thanks! But I have another question sweatdrop . Well, I was looking at the tattoo guide on tektek, and I noticed that for the arm tattoos, unless it said something like "Purple Stripes Left Arm Tattoo" the preview of the tattoo was always on the right arm. Does that mean that unless the title says otherwise, that all tattoos are on the right arm?

Hmmm... yep, pretty much. ^^
The tattoos that cover the whole arm are labeled either the right arm tattoo or the left arm tattoo.
The little tattoos like the roses arm tattoo, heart arm tattoo, star arm tattoo, skull and bones arm tattoo, etc. all equip on the right arm. I can't think of any small tattoos that equip on the left arm, so yeah, for the most part you can assume that they equip on the right arm. Those tattoos I listed only have one pose. They don't have another pose that equips on the other arm.

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100

BlueXMoonXButterfly

PostPosted: Sun Aug 08, 2010 12:54 pm
sdrawkcab
BlueXMoonXButterfly

Hmmm... yep, pretty much. ^^
The tattoos that cover the whole arm are labeled either the right arm tattoo or the left arm tattoo.
The little tattoos like the roses arm tattoo, heart arm tattoo, star arm tattoo, skull and bones arm tattoo, etc. all equip on the right arm. I can't think of any small tattoos that equip on the left arm, so yeah, for the most part you can assume that they equip on the right arm. Those tattoos I listed only have one pose. They don't have another pose that equips on the other arm.

Thanks!  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 12, 2010 2:20 pm
Hi,

I looked in the FAQs and I clicked the link saying how to earn money ect, it said I do not have permisison to acsess that aera. So I will ask my question here.

How are ways to get coins other than voteing, and posting?  

southman13

550 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Gaian 50

BlueXMoonXButterfly

PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:06 pm
southman13
Hi,

I looked in the FAQs and I clicked the link saying how to earn money ect, it said I do not have permisison to acsess that aera. So I will ask my question here.

How are ways to get coins other than voteing, and posting?

In the page before this one, someone quoted my post and posted a link to a guide to making gold that you can access. Hope that helps! ^.^  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 4:07 pm
Sorry to double post, but I noticed that I have about 4 mutual friends. What does that mean?  

BlueXMoonXButterfly

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 14, 2010 11:52 pm
BlueXMoonXButterfly
Sorry to double post, but I noticed that I have about 4 mutual friends. What does that mean?

It's a new feature that we got with the last My Gaia tab update. Gaia's suggesting friends for you. It shows you people that are on your friends' friendlists. If you click the "1 mutual friend" link, you should see a user that's on your friendlist. (Sometimes Gaia messes up and shows me a blank list when I click that link. I don't know why.)
So the user you see is a friend of your friend. The mutual friend is a person (or are persons) on your list.

You'll see lots of different people in that box with the more friends you have on your list and the more friends your friends have...
If you know the suggested person and want to send a friend invite, send one. If you don't want to send a friend invite, you don't have to. I think it's fun to glance at from time to time. You can ignore it if you want. X'ing out the suggestions doesn't make them go away forever. > <

PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 3:31 pm
sdrawkcab
BlueXMoonXButterfly

It's a new feature that we got with the last My Gaia tab update. Gaia's suggesting friends for you. It shows you people that are on your friends' friendlists. If you click the "1 mutual friend" link, you should see a user that's on your friendlist. (Sometimes Gaia messes up and shows me a blank list when I click that link. I don't know why.)
So the user you see is a friend of your friend. The mutual friend is a person (or are persons) on your list.

Thanks, that clears a lot up!

You'll see lots of different people in that box with the more friends you have on your list and the more friends your friends have...
If you know the suggested person and want to send a friend invite, send one. If you don't want to send a friend invite, you don't have to. I think it's fun to glance at from time to time. You can ignore it if you want. X'ing out the suggestions doesn't make them go away forever. > <

BlueXMoonXButterfly

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 15, 2010 4:52 pm
BlueXMoonXButterfly

Thanks, that clears a lot up!
No problem. :}  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 1:41 am
Hi!

I was just wondering, when we need to move threads from the test forum, are we able to change the titles? The rules say to put "Test" in the title, and then to 'report' the thread when we want to move it. I assume that the thread can be altered so the phrase "test" won't be there any more?

Also, what is the function of towns?

Thank you!  

la machinette

sdrawkcab

A Duck

40,425 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Citizen 200
  • PAAANNNTTTSSS 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 21, 2010 8:02 pm
la machinette
Hi!

I was just wondering, when we need to move threads from the test forum, are we able to change the titles? The rules say to put "Test" in the title, and then to 'report' the thread when we want to move it. I assume that the thread can be altered so the phrase "test" won't be there any more?

Also, what is the function of towns?

Thank you!

Yes. You can change the whole title of your thread at any time. None of the words from the old title have to remain. So, yep, you can remove the word "test." :3

Ummm... Towns is a virtual space where you can go to hang out with friends or meet new people. You can decorate your home and place it in Towns. You can then visit it alone or invite friends to hang out there.
You can collect paper trash, tin trash, tire trash, flowers and bugs to make into other items. You can also shake the trees for gold.
It's a place for you to hang out in if you want to. But if you don't want to, you never have to visit Towns~

(Fishing was Gaia's first game. Towns was Gaia's second "game." It's very simple now, but was groundbreaking at the time for Gaians to see avatars walk around.)

PostPosted: Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:52 am

Yup :3 As Cabbi said- to change the title, just edit the first post and the option to change the title will be presented to you along with the options to edit other aspects of the first post, such as the poll.

Daypaw

Hardened Member

Urimian

4,850 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:21 pm
Whats an OC?  
☆ Word Games

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items