Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:48 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: casual clothes

Please not Slytherin... and please no one make a connection between me and my parents on Platform 9!

David sighed with relief when he was through the barrier free of his parents and their growing argument on Platform 9. Again in his head he prayed not to be placed in the house his mother was in-Slytherin. Taking a deep breath and hearing his snowy owl Annabella make a short hoot he looked about him. The place was really remarkable. The train glowing in its glory and the few students milling about, most looking younger. Apparently he had gotten there a bit early.

Knowing his mother and father would be too distracted to follow he pushed his cart close to a bench and pulled out one of his new books on healing. He had already read his school books at least once and was doing some extra reading for fun. It wasn't that he was completely unopen to conversation he just didn't go out of his way to seek it, besides he had all year to get antiquated with his classmates. He read with a smile but all the while scanned the platform waiting to board the train.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:46 pm
User Image

Sapphire M Snow

Where? --- Platform 9 3/4
With? --- Rune
Thoughts & Feelings --- Let's see how much fun these people are

Sapphire smiled as she pushed into the platform. It was definitely different than what she had hoped, but oh well! She gave a somewhat mildly sinister grin as she looked at the other first years... Since they were about the smallest of the people there, and the metal train that sat on the tracks. She pushed her stuff to the side of the train and the man put it up. She smiled instead of saying thank you and looked around. Her cousin Raphael was talking to a much older pretty red head and Shayna was walkin towards the train. She sighed. Not really much to do so she looked around at the first years. There wasn't a single one in any kind of group... So she figured she'd approach one.

The blonde found herself approaching a girl with dark tresses and a mysterious but almost puzzling look on her face. She bobbed over and tried to give a sweet smile. "You okay?"

First Year >>> Unsorted >>> Single >>> Pure Blood

Razsminion

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 4:51 pm
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
I knew you were trouble when you walked in,
So shame on me now,
Flew me to places I've never been,
Now I'm lying on the cold hard ground.

// // // // 14 //

Where? -- Platform 9 3/4
With? --- No one currently
Feeling//OoC --- Sapphire better not be being too forward... I wonder when David or Serafina will get here?

User Image

Shayna yawned as she strolled her trolley to the train and thanked the man who took it and put her things onto the train for her. She looked around not seeing anyone she had been able to talk to yet other than her cousins and they were both talking to other people. Odd... She supposed. She yawned once more and pressed on her pocket to make sure she had the list of things she liked for David. She had that to give to him but since they had officially been dating two years now, she was super excited to see him... Especially away from her dog and her baby brothers.

Shayna took a seat on one of the benches on the far side and watched all the people entering and being their awesome selves. But she couldn't help her mind drifting and her eye lids drooping. Just to snap them open a fourth time and deign it necessary to pull out a book to keep her awake.

User Image

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Sapphire The Owl

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 10:56 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Kings Cross - Solid Barrier -> Platform 9¾

David left his sister to deal with his cousin as he pushed his trolley over to the train. Leaving his things to be put on the train he went to find those he happened to know. He needed a distraction because he was too busy worrying about how he was going to ask Romy or Dhylan for help. He didn't do so then Remy would do it for him. He'd figure it out he knew he would it would just take some time.

Finding Shayna reading gave David an idea. "Orchideous..." he said before walking over to her. He made sure not to be spotted as he snuck up behind her. "Happy Anniversary!" he shouted popping out from behind her with flowers in hand. "Did I scare you?" he asked her curiously. "These are for you." David said holding out the flowers for her.

With: Shayna

Wearing: Casual

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

shabatha

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:20 pm
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

// // // // 14 //

Where? -- Platform 9 3/4
With? --- David
Feeling//OoC --- He totally almost gave me a heart attack. But the flowers are so pretty...

User Image

Shayna had just reached the part where the main character was grabbed by two children with black eyes. There was no whites and there was no iris... They were just black... And the children were described as pale and unnerved and didn't react to the poison she slipped into them. She had just shivered when David jumped up behind her and scared her. She jumped from her seat dropping the book and looking back. With a loud gasp and the thud of the book Shayna took a deep breath and looked as though she might scold the boy but stopped when he placed the flowers in her view. Well isn't it weird... All girls seem to just stop for some flowers... She thought before she kneeled on the bench and threw her arms around her boyfriends neck in a hug.

"Yes you scared me! Unless you meant to scare me into fainting I think you did what you were hoping for." She teased as she picked up her book so it didn't get trampled before looking at the flowers she blushed a little. "Oh David they are stunning... I love them." She said quietly as she lifted them towards her face to smell them, after a quick sniff she looked up at him with a smile. She leaned up to kiss him on the cheek before looking at the flowers again. Well she is a girl after all.

"I think I'll wait to give you your gift until later." She said teasingly as she sat back down on the bench sideways to look at him before patting the seat beside her. "You can sit next to me. Or you could stand behind the bench like a weirdo." She said with a chuckle. "So I wanna get the question out of the way. How was your summer?"

User Image

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Sapphire The Owl

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:24 pm
User Image

Chloe walked with Leonette through the platform. "Alright let's get our trolleys over there." she told her cousin. "Okay." Leonette replied following the older girl to where she had pointed. "Now make sure to get on the train when we're called and don't forget to change into your robes before we get to Hogsmeade." she told her. Leonette nodded as Chloe continued. "When we get there the first years will be taking boats across the lake to get to the castle for the sorting. Stay with the group okay." Leonette nodded once again.

"Good, now go meet some first years and make some friends." Chloe suggested. "I will... but where are you going?" she asked. "I'm going to talk with the group of Hufflepuffs over there." she told her pointing over to them. "Okay..." Leonette said she just had to remember everything the Hufflepuff had just said. "Oh and if you see a blond your age with a taller brown haired girl that looks similar to each other then go say hi I'm sure you'll make a friend out of her." Chloe suggested as she headed off. "What's her name?" Leonette called out. "Elsie!" she called back to her.

----

Walking over to Ariana, Raphael, and Victor Chloe smiled at the three Hufflepuffs. "Hello everyone, how have you all been?" she asked. Since last year she was becoming a lot better at speaking up at least when it came to being around those in her house. Thankfully they wouldn't have to think she was crazy.

With: Leonette... Fellow Hufflepuffs

Wearing: Casual

User Image
Whiskers the Cat

Squeeky Luff
shabatha
kiska166

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:33 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image Dhylan stepped through the barrier, his sister draped over his shoulders. The two older Nolynn kids had woken up extra early to play with Todd, knowing it would be a few months before they could see him again. The two boys had done most of the cuddling, as they had gotten really close over the summer. Charles had greeted them with a grunt and then gone off to work, while Clarisse couldn't be bothered to rouse from her slumber. It had been up to their uncle, Grégoire, to apparate them. Unfortunately, he had a few places he needed to be, so he left them with a few tight hugs. Minn had nearly fallen asleep, her allergies acting up, as they often did during seasonal transitions. Lucky for the girl, she had a brother more than willing to carry her.

Minn had, a few minutes after she'd awoken, pulled one of Dhyl's jackets on, a bit chilled by the autumn weather. Now, she looked positively childish in it. Her arms were draped around the boy's neck, one hand clutching at his chest loosely, the other drooped down. Neither of her hands could be seen, however, as Dhyl's arms were quite a bit longer than hers. The hood had, at some point, flipped up onto her head, now hiding the sleeping girl in it's shade. Only a few locks of her long, black hair could be seen, trailing down the boy's shirt. The only thing holding her up were his arms, strategically placed to hold both her and the trunks.

Dhyl seemed content, if not a bit sad. His hair was a bit ruffled from the sleeping girl on his back, but he didn't really care. He had both trunks being wheeled along behind him, careful not to ram them into his ankles (as he had done many a time before). Blue eyes shimmered brightly under the lights of the platform, seemingly illuminating them. Vaguely he wondered which of his friends he would see first, or when his sister would wake, though neither was a big worry for him. Instead he stood near the train, using his height to his advantage to spot people he knew.

{OoC:}

PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:35 pm
User Image

Raphael Alexander Snow

Hufflepuff Second Year
Single
Pureblood

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

Raph looked up as two more hufflepuffs walked up and said hi. He smiled trying to be polite. "Hiya. Doing fine.I'm Raph by the way." He said introducing himself. He was going to try and make some friends this year. And since he only knew Ari... WEll he should at least try. Though the brunette looked familiar. It was going to bug him until he figured it out. As he waited a moment he looked around and spotted Shayna jumping out of her seat. And the familiar brown haired clown... That's how!

"Your Chloe right?" He asked trying and hoping to make a connection...

User Image

kiska166

murruelecreuset

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Wed Oct 23, 2013 11:54 pm
User Image

Walking onto the platform Leonette was amazed. The train was huge and absolutely wonderful. Her eyes focused on Chloe as she listened to her cousins words. Leonette didn't want to mess up on her first day. She might not have been scared but she didn't know who to talk too. When her cousin left she felt even worst off then when she started. However she needed to make friends on her own even if it was tough. Looking around the platform Leonette scanned the area for potential friends.

Leonette saw two girls together and thought that was out of the question even if the one looked like she was a little ill. Then there was a boy he looked promising but he was reading and she didn't want to interrupt him. That's when she spotted a girl sitting alone on a bench looking like this whole scene around them was annoying. 'Reminds me of my sister...' she thought before thinking she might as well talk to her.

Walking over Leonette approached with a small smile and confidence. "Hello I couldn't help but notice you're sitting by yourself and was wondering if you would like some company?" she asked calmly. That should start things off right she hoped. It was a simple question completely harmless.

With: Claire

Wearing: Casual first year

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:14 am
User Image

Rick and Jacob burst from the barrier, both of them glad to be returning to school. Rick was glad that at least he got one more school year before he started his last tests, while the younger Drage boy was starting to feel the pressure of pending OWLs. Which of course his brother had been drilling him for, since he literally missed all of last year. Jacob couldn't help it if he was unconscious. It wasn't like he had a choice in the matter. At least one good thing came from it, and that was he had finally regained all of the weight he had lost.

Both boys looked at each other, already giving a wave to their father before he disapparated. It was Rick who finally decided to break the silence between the two. "So, I take it we're gonna go and split up and find our respective friends?" It was kind of an odd question, but after the events of the last year, Rick was still reluctant to leave his brother alone for any length of time. He blamed it of course on latent big brother tendencies that he had ignored for years.

Jacob, on the other hand, just shrugged at his older brother. "Honestly, I should go meet up with some of my classmates, at least get some notes I might have missed from classes you didn't take. You know, just to make sure I have them." He was certain that the older Ravenclaw would have willingly taken every class, since he hardly saw him during Rick's third year and Jacob's first, but he doubted his brother wanted a repeat. If nothing else, he looked like ruddy hell afterward. He gave Rick a grin though. "Meet you later on after the feast?" When the redhead nodded, both boys split apart, Rick of course taking his usual lonely route, and Jacob going off in search of Night, Iris, and Autumn.

OOC:

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:48 am
User ImageUser Image
Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 12
Year at Hogwarts: 2nd year
Height: 5'3"

➳ ➳ ➳

[Wearing:2nd year Platform Clothes]

➳ ➳ ➳

I wonder what roast barn owl tastes like...

➳ ➳ ➳

Ronna didn't bother running like so many of her classmates did but casually walked through the barrier enjoying that moment of limbo she felt. It was weird: she kind of liked it. Besides it looked way cooler to walk through the barrier head held high than to run through like a chicken with its head cut off. Speaking of chickens... something was going to have to be done about that bird if her Dad really expected her to keep it. She wasn't particularly fond of pets and Bessie had bit her enough to show her distaste for Ronna.

Ronna glanced around a big smile on her face: the first years looked so tiny, especially after her growth spell. Of course she was as tall as some of the fourth or fifth year girls so... She hadn't exactly been short at five foot when she had started Hogwarts but she wasn't obviously taller either for her age. She looked around spotting David holding out flowers to the Ravenclaw Reserve Seeker-right they were dating. She noticed a few first years mingle as her trunks were taken, some Hufflepuff, what looked to be a first year who was off reading in what looked to be casual clothes but were fairly expensive.

She tugged at one of her braided pigtails with a frown: she didn't really spot anyone from her year or anyone she knew that wasn't occupied or she knew well enough to spark a conversation. It was funny that even being placed in the house of bravery she had her bouts of shyness-she just usually covered it up by talking too much.

Holding a smile and deciding just to look approachable she stepped away from the wall people were coming in from, and adjusted one of her batman hoop earrings that her Dad had gotten her for a gift once-along with a discussion about the intellectual reasons why vigilante justice doesn't and sometimes does work.

User Image

{ }

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:03 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: casual clothes

She didn't really have the look of wanting company... more like my maternal grandmother when my father is around: annoyed.

David was watching the scene on the platform unfold from behind the pages of his book-which quite frankly he had already finished two days ago. It was hard to keep fresh reading materials in the house for him. He noticed the brunette, Leonette-not that he knew her name-, approach the girl sitting on the bench who had been scowling at others early, which causes premature wrinkles. He winced as she calmly introduced herself, not knowing how the introduction would go, but shut his book and decided to join. After dealing with his family and his parents arguments conflict wasn't something particularly difficult to navigate.

The girl on the bench had the look of his maternal grandmother at family get togethers-disapproving that her pure-blooded daughter decided to marry a Squib. At least he was a rich Squib she said. David came over and said with a small smile, "Are introductions for the new year starting already? I suppose from what my mother has said you do tend to chose your cabin mates before you get on the train," He said in a calm voice. Nodding his head and still holding his thick book on healing he said, "I am David League, by the way. You two are?"

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:24 am
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire just yawned as she waited for the signal that they were all supposed to depart for Hogwarts, she was bored.
Utterly bored, but she didn't want to join in on the madness, she then chuckled to herself at that, that was going on around her.

So many happy people, bright sunny dispositions looking for excitement as they saw their friends.

Claire even noticed Victor talking to some people, so even he could make friends?

The blond then glanced up as she noticed someone approach her, and her mild frown vanished as it was replaced with a curt smile, time for sweet mode, "Ah...Sure I would like the company~"
Claire then scooted a bit down the bench allowing room for the girl to sit down if she wanted, "So I'm guessing you're a future first year too?"

She may as well make nice.
Even if it sickened her. It would be best to at least make some acquaintances, could be useful to further her own ambitions.

Claire then noticed another boy come up to greet and inwardly gagged, more niceness?
The green eyed girl didn't let it show though, "Quite a splendid saying if I do say so myself."
She then curtsied, though it was a half curtsy being she was still sitting but a good enough one, "Also...My name is Claire Alexandrie~"

My feelings? I'm fake you know?
Precious thought of mine, "May as well talk to people."
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

mc2
murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:37 am
User Image
User Image
User Image

I hope you never lose your sense of wonder
You get your fill to eat but always keep that hunger
May you never take one single breath for granted
God forbid love ever leave you empty handed
I hope you still feel small when you stand beside the ocean
Whenever one door closes I hope one more opens
Promise me that you'll give faith a fighting chance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

I Hope You Dance

Lyre did an odd sort of skip-hop through the barrier, due to nearly tripping. It would, she thought, look bad to have her head and torso on one side, and her legs on the other. It didn't help that she didn't much like the odd tingles the barrier gave her. The redhead gave a small smile, wondering if she would get to be social before her trip, or if she would end up reading the entire way. Violet eyes held a look of happy shyness, as usual. She had two cages in her hands, one holding her solid black cat, Loki, and the other holding her owl, whom she had decided to name Henry. She grinned at them, before remembering the new hobby she'd picked up from her mum. she had completely forgotten about the crochet hooks and yarnballs in her bag! Her mum had taught her the basics, then went out and got her a book to help out. The redhead had been working on a scarf, though it was mostly a tangle of strings at this point. Perhaps she would just start anew. A look of pondering took over, the girl pondering her quandary.

{OoC:}

I hope you never fear those mountains in the distance
Never settle for the path of least resistance
Livin' might mean takin' chances but they're worth takin'
Lovin' might be a mistake but it's worth makin'
Don't let some hell bent heart leave you bitter
When you come close to sellin' out reconsider
Give the heavens above more than just a passing glance
And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:02 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Kings Cross - Platform 9¾

She wouldn’t mind the company… Leonette was happy to hear that. She was well on her way to making friends. Joining the girl on the bench Leonette nodded. “Yes, that’s right.” She answered her. Before going any further into the conversation the boy she saw reading came over. “That sounds about right. Wouldn’t want to be the odd one out when it comes time to on the train that’s for sure.” Leonette knew that if you wanted to make sure you weren’t sitting with a bunch of people that knew each other already that you better start meeting others beforehand. Unless you wanted to be a loner the entire trip which Leonette planned on not being.

“I’m Leonette Mitchell. I know my name’s pretty long so you can just call me Leo everyone else does.” Leonette replied. She hardly ever remembered a time when she used her full name. Especially with her middle name being added she had the longest name in the family. “We’re all first years… so is there any house of you guys want to be in?” Leonette asked curiously. It was the standard question after all so why not ask.

With: Claire and David

Wearing: Casual first year

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Squeeky Luff
mc2

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games