Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:18 pm
Across the sands from all the action, a small handful of shell shards at last fell away from the side of Forbidden Forest to reveal only the whirling blue-orange-green of a single dragonet eye.

And then it was still again. Watching in silence.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:19 pm

The green dragon paused from where she had been moving around the edges of the Candidates. When Firebolt's egg rolled into a group of Candidates, the stopped and stared. In a flash, she too ran through the Candidates, though her steps were cautious and careful. She did not push anyone over, did not cut, wound, or otherwise harm. No, her focus was purely on a boy who had fallen, a boy who was in pain...

This was the heart she had been looking for. this was the heart she had failed to protect while being stuck within her egg. Eyes a mix of yellow-blue, the green dragon bugled as she dove for her one and only.

My Rokar! Her words were a tangle of joy and concern. She spread her wings wide, and hissed at any Candidates who were too near, baring her fangs, trying to drive them back and away from Hers. Forgive... your Kaymahath. Failed you. Failed them. But will never fail protecting you again. The dragon stepped closer, trying to nuzzle the other, fussing, but also trying to keep guard. This one was Hers. HERS. A growl entered her throat as a few Candidates seemed to step near...but they quickly retreated.

Her own wounds were ignored and forgotten. The damage she took from her green cousin were not insignificant, but she was not worried. Her rainbow eyes, her hearts, her concern, her love, was only for her Rokar.

User Image

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:20 pm
Farellen just nodded, his head was starting to hurt, his jaw throbbed and he was feeling rather exhausted all of a sudden, Western time was so different than here, the only upshot was these sands were warm, compared to the chill of the candidate barracks he wasn't used to.

Prism Shine
Farellen is trying not to make friends he can't keep, if he doesn't Impress here, he goes home but he's not a bad person XD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:24 pm
dhawsn

"S'okay, honey," he replied. "But, uh..."

He looked at the bronze whom, after the command, seemed to be...napping? Slytherin was all coiled up under his wing at any rate. "Aw, I fergot he was first out," Dhawsn said. But he blinked as Veltanna pushed him towards the dragonet. For him? He wasn't so sure about that. A proud beast wouldn't be fit for, well, a soft coward such as him. Still, he felt bad and moved in with the growing line nonetheless, if only to satisfy the wish.

"Oh, uh, it's Dhawsn," he added sheepishly. "Y'might wanna get in here too, though, we got an egg loose!"

faesinger
all good!

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:26 pm
Sylfie and Hesperith
Your friends are well, M- Hesperith interrupted herself with a burst of delight and went on to reveal, Iathe has Impressed one of the greens! If there was any shred of disappointment, it was that the young woman wasn't going to be available to Impress one of her babies one day; she'd become quite fond of her, after she had helped herSylfie take care of her when she'd been unable to tend to her properly, first due to sickness and then due to injury. Iathe was sure to take only the best care of her new partner, especially after all the practice she'd had. Though it was tempting, she didn't reach out again. Now was not the time, when they should rightly be focused on each other. Perhaps later, at the Feast, she would meet the young dragon who was worthy of that particular young woman.

She provided also, since Theo had requested, The rest are being seen to, as the Healers are able. It was a kinder way of saying that there had only been the one death. So far.

As for Sylfie, there was the slightest startled twitch of her hand when it was taken and squeezed, but no move to pull away. She only glanced over at Theo with wide eyes that brimmed with tears she was reluctant to spill, and then away again, and bent to kiss little Regory on the head. She kept her focus on the blue for awhile longer, until his bonded spoke again, drawing her attention back to the Sands and the bronze waiting there for His.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:27 pm
Rykin

"I'm all right. I... um... promise."

He wasn't really, not mentally at least, but he didn't have a scratch so it wasn't exactly a lie. This was far more than he could react to with any speed, and just before he was about to reply again, he heard that voice...

A dragon talking to him that wasn't his sister's.

"I'm not against it?" If being closer helped a dragon find his, Rykin would line up.

Sweet Symmetry
@Ruunan
ShinosBee
@Meztli
Quote:
sorry for shortness I'm in a theme park o.o

Smerdle

Scamp

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:32 pm

A sullen pout was hidden beneath Slytherin's wing. The dragonet creeled, hungry, tired, and so done with this! Why wouldn't his come to hi-

Wait.

The little head peeked out from under his wing, and he stared a moment at those who approached. There his was!

Well, you certainly made me wait long enough, my Dynzrak! the dragonet sulked. I'm hungry, and I'm tired, and I can't keep waiting for you! Your Slidrianth needs more than just empty promises!

Surely Dynzrak was capable of something more than that, though that seemed to be the order of the day. He hadn't forgotten what Dynzrak had done and said! He hadn't forgotten how his had tried to stay behind! It would take some coaxing for the little bronze to forgive that slight.

User Image

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:39 pm
Saekagi

Ah...

He stopped where he was and watched the curious green-bronze's eyes go rainbow, ducked his head a little and stopped where he was again. Not for him, or his new acquaintances. Wasn't much better at predicting who might impress than he was at anything else he guessed, or for that matter keeping track of the busy sands.

It was a polite dragon anyway, and Firebolt's antics getting in line were amusing, but he should mayyybe get back to where he'd been standing. He wasn't sure that mattered but he thought maybe he looked a bit ridiculous now, in the wake of things.

And that Gryp brown looked a bit put out at the attention his sibling had garnered anyway.  

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

Akina Tokuwa

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:40 pm
Calla

See, I would have looked like an idiot, Calla thought to herself with a huff and more than a little satisfaction that she had been right. Yes, yes -- it was good to see Slytherin find His (and it was a boy, after all), and she was happy for that. The point of this, the hope of Pern, was dragons and their riders. Any and all pairings were good and something to be celebrated, even for a dragonet that had killed so casually. But the young candidate was giving herself a mental pat on the back for listening to her gut and staying put from her watchtower vantage point.

Brown eyes strayed to another eye making subtle changes, that of Forbidden Forest, peering out of its egg. Dragonet-human staring contest?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:42 pm
Siv

Siv watched Firebolt roll right into a crowd of boys and raised a brow. Was... Was it okay in there? The egg could NOT be having a good time of this, struggling so. She glanced at Forbidden Forest to check on that dragon egg next-- well, it weas holey now! ....Heh heh. Holey. Heh heh.

Amused at her own joke to herself, sdhe looked to the dragonets still unimpressed, crooning as Gryffindor strut his stuff and at all the little ones -- even Amortentia, now that she shared the light with the others nicely. Such prettybabies all of them, and so clever. Surely they'd find Thjeirs soon. Surely! And then everyone could go get some breakfast.

....Mmmm.

Breakfast.  

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:46 pm
Kinyegele

She couldn't help but smile both when Firebolt tried to join the line, but also when the large green came running to a boy the egg had toppled in their attempts to get there. She seemed so tender and sweet and - she was his! It brought a familiar joy she'd felt for every other person on the sands back with vigor and with Fisher there, it was really hard to feel all that fear that had crept in to settle so easily.

Of course, right when she seemed to settle, that beautiful bronze finally seemed contented by a boy who had joined the line, immediately sweeping them up as theirs.

"More and more are impressing," she said with a nod, pondering if one of these eggs left on the sand was perhaps for the strong woman. "I don't mind staying here or getting closer," though she couldn't help but look at Crucio uncertainly.

houllow

----

Kahbrohm

It seemed that Slytherin had found their chosen even before he and Dehka were on their way to the healers, and frankly? That suited the boy just fine, stalking along after his brother and seeming to snarl under his breath the entire way. Clearly it was left to him to make sure the boy got to the healers instead of stopping to adopt an entire pack of orphans before he got there.

Not that Kahbrohm was looking much better off for it.

"It didn't even look at me," he admitted - his ego could take the blow if he said it himself, after all - "I built it up and it was that and I was not even worth a glance." There was no qualifier that the bronze had bad tastes, clearly, or was blind, or any of the sort. He accepted it as what it was: It hadn't been for him, and he was a fool for thinking it so hard. But it was already clearly, for the better.

Tsunake

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 12:58 pm
arlie

She flinched at the sound of his voice and almost retracted her hand entirely, but...he took it. Arlie perked a little, but he didn't seem as if he was going to be leading her, well, anywhere. This was awkward. Normally she left it to Haveli to decide where to go and when, and at a Hatching where it was already a bit disorganized...Well, save for the line that Slytherin made. It seemed he had found His, though, so...There were other dragons, though! Like Auror and Gryffindor and the Firebolt egg that came tumbling down. Maybe one of those were his? Or Haveli's?

Waiting a few beats more, Arlie began to lead them towards the majority of the throng that had been made for Slytherin, her steps small and uncertain. "Um...I'm Arlie," she eventually piped up. "I'm looking for my sister, Haveli. She's this high and looks kinda mean, but she's the best sister you could ever have." And Arlie had just...left her in a fit of panic. Her face fell as she considered the repercussions. "Is...there anyone you know here?"

teiha

medigel

Anxious Spirit

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:03 pm
Rune - HR

Good. Slytherin had Impressed now, as had several others. Crossing her arms under her breasts, the girl simply relaxed back on a foot. Good....Death and blood was unavoidable at a hatching, and Rune wasn't going to be put off by it. She wasn't a sensitive sort, and wasn't the sort to give a ******** about anyone but her brother, and maybe Olliah and Fianth. They were her people, and she'd yet to Impress and find her own, so....Well? Tossing a bit of pale hair back, she sighed. Who knew what would happen now....It was wide open.

Rhys - HR

Now that Slytherin Impressed, he was smiling. Good. He hadn't thought himself as a Bronze Rider, anyways! SO much responsibility, so much to learn, bu tthat was okay by Rhys. He was happy with whatever happened. Even if he DIDN'T Impress, he was getting so much good information about the clutches, about the dragons that came from it all.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:04 pm
Rokar didn't move, he wasn't sure he could, pain flared with each breath, he didn't even move when a shadow moved over him, at this point he was resigned to whatever fate had for him

My Rokar! Forgive... your Kaymahath. Failed you. Failed them. But will never fail protecting you again

It took Rokar a heartbeat or two to realise what was happening and he almost blacked out, he didn't, he help onto the protective and loving thread that was now Kaymahath, ignoring her hissing at other people around "Never... you're here, you didn't fail in anything, it as my fault, oh my Kaymahath... really mine?"

Always, My hearts are yours

Oh but they both hurt, terribly and Rokar...R'kar... was aware of another feeling in his gut, terrible hunger. He grunted, forcing himself to his feet while Kaymahath mantled her wings around him, shielding him from others, while also trying to help him up, but he forced himself to do it himself, she was also quite nastily hurt, what a pair ... both of them hobbled towards the feeding tables, where one stumbled a little, the other held them up til they steadied, slowly they made their way, dripping ichor and blood but nothing... NOTHING could mar this, rainbow eyes, dark eyes, blurred with tears, constantly looked to each other.

Once they reached the tables R'kar settled heavily into a chair, silently thanking a drudge, who noticed his hurt/weak arm and passed him a bucket, he would see to Kaymahath first, then to himself

Mine, do both, get healer here she said simply, turning her head to glare at the healer tables, none had gone to Hers, none but she had cared, she bristled at being near others while food was present but she held herself well, R'kar feeding her chunks during this whole exchange, he couldn't believe it, he'd been ready to die... but Slytherin bronze got him to his feet, firebolt egg had knocked him back down, but it was Kaymahath that now gave him a reason to not give up, she was perfect in every way. While he fed her, growling the entire time, a Healer warily bandaged R'kar, after cutting away his soaked robe, R'kar didn't care, once the numbweed was applied his own pains faded but he could feel hers, "Now her" he grunted at the Healer, worried for his precious dragon. Each hiding their own pains to worry for the other.

He vaguely realised that the bronze who'd made him get back up had Impressed, he must make a note to thank the dragon, if it hadn't been for his summoning, R'kar may have just gone to sleep on the Sands and not woken up again. This stray thought made Kaymahath turn her head to the bronze, hurt that it had taken another to get Hers to get up, she had failed to do that too

"NEVER" R'kar stated loudly, possibly making others jump, "You could never EVER fail me, do you understand?" he said, openly weeping, his heart, her hearts, hurt at the thought his offhand thought had hurt her. "I won't fail you either, we're together, that's all that matters, my heart is yours" the most he had spoken all at once in a long time, she was worth it, worth the strain, she would never ridicule a squeak.... shards she was amazingly perfect.  

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Mewsings of An Angel

Excitable Anubutt

16,725 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Cats vs Dogs 100
  • Magical Girl 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 1:12 pm
Samuel Carlin
Zeraiah

He breathed out softly and tilted his head, aware that more impressions had occurred. A bittersweet ache in his chest gave him pause before he smiled and gently supported Zeraiah, his attention shifting back to caring for his friend. "Come on." He murmured, looking away from rainbow eyes. Just focus, he told himself. There's plenty of time later to feel anxiety. "We'll get ourselves patched up and hopefully one of those beauties out there will choose us. Though we are right sight of... not white. Whoops." He let out a small laugh, crinkling his nose. "Let me know when you're ready to move. Brace on me as much as you need!"  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 54 55 56 57 58 59 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games