Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:40 am
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Kings Cross - Platform 9¾

David grinned at his effectiveness to scare someone luckily he brought flowers to smoothen the after affect. “Good to know I can still scare someone.” He said happier than ever. “I’m glad you like them.” David took a stab at the idea of flowers. It was a good thing she was like the typical girl who loved them. For all he knew she could have been like one of those strange girls that didn’t like flowers but luckily his knowledge of his girlfriend told him she wasn’t an oddball.

“Okay I can wait. I’m a patient person you know.” David said as he walked around the bench. “I don’t think I want to be a weirdo thank you.” He told her taking a seat next to Shayna. “My summer was good. Spent some time with my cousins in Diagon Alley, the oldest one Leo she’s a first year now so that will be interesting to see where she ends up.” He explained. “And how was your summer?”

With: Shayna

Wearing: Casual

OOC: ---

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

shabatha

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:27 pm
User Image☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽Shayna Aileen Snow☾ ☆ ★ ☆ ☽
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

// // // // 14 //

Where? -- Platform 9 3/4
With? --- David
Feeling//OoC --- He totally almost gave me a heart attack. But the flowers are so pretty...

User Image

Shayna had just reached the part where the main character was grabbed by two children with black eyes. There was no whites and there was no iris... They were just black... And the children were described as pale and unnerved and didn't react to the poison she slipped into them. She had just shivered when David jumped up behind her and scared her. She jumped from her seat dropping the book and looking back. With a loud gasp and the thud of the book Shayna took a deep breath and looked as though she might scold the boy but stopped when he placed the flowers in her view. Well isn't it weird... All girls seem to just stop for some flowers... She thought before she kneeled on the bench and threw her arms around her boyfriends neck in a hug.

"Aw but you would make such a cute weirdo." She said slightly sticking out her tongue. As he sat down next to her she listened quietly, trying not to make the comments that would get her into some trouble. Smiled and looked around wondering if she could pick the first year out. But wasn't sure so many first years were already there. "Mine was actually quite boring... Ryan and Carter are learning to walk and Raph wasn't such a pain. That was a shocker. But my cousin from northern England almost into ireland came to live with us... She's a first year too and I hope she finds some friends..." She said the last part kind of quietly as she looked over to where her blonde headed cousin was. Now that Three kids in the Snow family were at Hogwarts... Anything might happen. She mentally sighed at the thought. And Next year Raph's younger brother would be a first year too....

She turned her attention back to David. "Oh you are are you? I don't know if I believe you being patient." She said with a small smirk as she pulled out the folded paper from her front pocket and slightly fanned herself with it. Just trying to see what he would do.

User Image

User Image

I want to Scream and Shout,
And Dance the Night out.
And Scream and Shout,
And Go All Out

Sapphire The Owl

murruelecreuset

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 12:53 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: casual clothes

I can already sense a snake...

He had dealt enough with false smiles and manipulation he could sense the insincerity in Claire. Instead of calling it out, he merely played along: you don't grow up with someone like his mother or his extended family without learning to play the game if you were smart-which he was.

He smiled faintly when Leo introduced herself and asked her question. "Shouldn't we avoid introducing inter-house rivalry so soon?" Leo was a person that was more genuine... definitely than Claire or the family he was used to. It was kind of refreshing, of course he realized with his avoidance of Leo's question he was being somewhat deceitful too. He had a house set he wanted to be in: Ravenclaw. And he knew he didn't want to be in Slytherin, though, occasionally he could see his mother's points that he had traits that fit there but that was out of survival and just common sense he argued. And, of course, he felt Hufflepuff was a joke, and most of his family would have a cow if he was placed in Gryffindor-not that he saw that as a possibility.

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:43 pm
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Troubled | Of the life I held so dear: The summer was so normal... | I won't run: Alone | There's no turning back from here: Platform 9 and 3/4 |

Marina stepped through the barrier for the eleventh time in her life so far, pushing her trolley as usual. She looked like she might be on the verge of smiling, but seemed to hesitate before doing so. The summer had been completely normal, and that was the problem. Nothing had happened. Her family was being stalked, and absolutely nothing had happened. That was troubling to the Slytherin. Something should have happened. But there had been no letters, nothing. Her mother seemed to be slightly more relaxed, but now her father had caught on to what was going on, and he was on edge. The whole thing frustrated Marina, who had spent the summer trying to get some answers, any possible clues from her mother. But Bernadette was adamant that she remembered nothing, and as much as the redhead believed her, she also sometimes thought that her mother might be starting to. Remember, that is. She got a troubling, distant look in her eyes sometimes. Marina played with a lock of red hair as she navigated the crowd, not recognizing any friends.

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

[No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:46 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: sorry for the late reply))

User Image

Ariana watched the brick wall with bored eyes, waiting for someone to come through. Much to her delight, the first person to walk through was a fellow Hufflepuff. The redhead perked up with a smile and waved as Raphael made his way towards her. "Yeah, I am," she said simply. "My dad had to go to work, so he dropped me off early. You're here pretty early, too," she noted. The second year could have been here early for the same reason as she. In fact, many students could arrive at any second just for that reason."Planning on trying out for the Quidditch team this year?" the prefect asked, hoping he would. Even if the boy only made reserve, they still needed him. Hell, they needed as many people as they could get. Just then, another Hufflepuff walked through the wall and made his way over to Ariana and Raphael. "Hey, Victor! Good to see you again," she greeted, still smiling. As the three of them conversed, the recently dead looking platform got busier as more and more wizards and witches arrived. Another Hufflepuff joined their conversation. "Hey, Chloe! I've been pretty good, and you?" she asked, hoping the fifth year had a great summer as well as the rest of her mates.

User Image

shabatha
Squeeky Luff
murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 2:53 pm
User Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Serena dropped Cameron off at King's Cross station in her automobile. How else was a muggle supposed to get there? In a way, the boy was glad that his mother wasn't a witch, for there was a good chance she would walk him through the brick wall barrier, and possibly end up embarrassing him one way or another. On the other hand, so many students got to the station in a cool way, such as by broom or apparition. He couldn't do those things. At least, not outside of school. Next year, he told himself. Since his birthday was during Springtime, the Trace would break by the time he came home for summer holidays. Then, he could do whatever the hell he wanted, whenever he wanted! Upon entering the platform from the brick wall, Cameron's brown eyes scanned the faces. The one particular girl he was looking for didn't seem to have arrived yet. Or maybe she was somewhere in the crowd?

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:03 pm
User Image

Amanda was dropped off at the station by her sister just like every other year. There were 15 more days until her birthday, so the Trace was still on her. This blows, she thought grumpily. So many of her classmates could use spells outside of school, but she still couldn't. It was rather unfair. She was responsible. Well, as responsible as she needed to be in order to not get into trouble. That was exactly why she figured she should be able to apparate. The soon to be adult groaned as she bid her farewell and walked through the barrier. Hopefully the blonde would find Eretria soon because she really did not want to have to deal with anyone else.

((OOC: outfit in picture))

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:20 pm
User Image

leanor uimby
ℸhirty §ix . ℒudicrous Ƿatents ⓞffice . Ɠryffindor

Eleanor landed on the station with her daughter sitting right behind her. First, the woman made sure no muggle was watching. "Alright, sweetie. Behave yourself and do your homework," she said after making sure Alexandria was standing on the ground, so she could pull her broom up. "Oh, please, mum. When don't I do my homework?" she asked with a small chuckle. "Oh, don't you dare start with me." The eleven year old always came up with some sort of excuse as to why she never finished her homework, or studied, or why she got a bad mark on a test. After one last moment of looking at each other, Eleanor spoke up again. "But seriously, you better write at least once a week, or else I'm gonna have to return Shadow to the store." Alexandria rolled her eyes and said, "Yes, mum. I promise." The girl hugged her mother tightly, then turned and stared at the brick wall. I'm supposed to just walk through this? she wondered, remembering how her mother told her to do it. Heaving in a deep breath, Alexandria pushed her cart through the barrier, her body following after it.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

User Image
User Image

On the other side of the brick wall, there were so many students. Suddenly, the overly excited eleven year old felt her stomach churn. Being alone on this platform without her mother was strange. At least I won't see Bella anymore, she told herself. The only time she would ever see her lovely step sister was when she would come home for holidays. In all honesty, Alexandria despised her step sister. That girl was the worst thing that came into her life after her mum and dad divorced. At least her father didn't have a significant other with a witch of a daughter. With that in thought, the first year cautiously made her way closer to the Hogwarts Express. It looked wicked. She has never actually seen it in person until now, and boy, was it gigantic!

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 3:25 pm
User Image

User Image
Never win first φɬɐȼȩ
I don't support the τэӑϻ
I can't take ɖɩяɇҁҭῑσὴ
and my socks are ȵεѵȅɍ clean

Everyday I fight a war against the mirror
I can't take the person starin' back at me
I'm a
Ӈӑʑᾀȓδ Ϯɸ Ӎɣϛҽɭʄ

Remy marched onto the Platform, head held high. She was full of renewed spirits, thanks to her mysterious "friend" for the most part. She was also quite excited to finally be a seventh year, and an adult at that. Gold eyes were bright, already searching around for her friends... or at least someone to talk to. Her hair was bouncy and soft, now evened out, thanks to her mother. Remy had plans to make this year the best ever, and that meant she had to be a bubble of energy and happiness. She could do that. She had spent the first two years of school nothing but enthusiastic. It was only beneficial that pretending to be happy actually made her so. A small smirk graced her lips, the young woman ready to begin her year.

Don't let me get me
I'm my own
ϣѳɹʂț еȵɘϻӱ
Đόɳ'τ ʍαɴπӓ ϐѯ
my friend no more
I wanna be somebody else
Teachers ʛяɑɗəȡ me
My parents ҕᾅҭӭɖ me
I was always in a ϝῗɠђҭ
cuz I can't do ήӫȶӈȉᾐ' right

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:30 pm
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire just calmly watched as Leonette introduced herself, it was such a nice name.
Why cover it up with Leo?

It wasn't Claire's choice though, maybe Leo had some connection with the girl, "I personally think Leonette is a very pretty name~"
That was a truth at least, or was it?
Claire couldn't even tell when she lied or told the truth anymore, "Houses..." She didn't want to exactly say Slytherin, even though that was the house she wanted to go to, outside of Hogwarts, maybe even inside Slytherins had bad reputations.

When David tried to change the subject, Claire was actually halfway grateful, "Ah yes...I'm sure we'll all find out at the sorting ceremony." She then smiled, "...Right?"
That was right...it would be announced, through the hall.

...Well, this was a pickle.

My feelings? I'm concerned you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Oh my dear..."
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

mc2
murruelecreuset

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:37 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor smiled as Ariana greeted him back, he was sure glad Hufflepuffs were nice.
Most were, right?

"Bonjour Ariana~" He then grinned, "I see you changed hair, no?" His own pink hair was tied back somewhat in a low hanging ponytail, if only because most of it got in his eyes and blinded him.
His bangs were still loose though, "Though I approve~"

As more Hufflepuffs joined the group Victor was all smiles.
It was so nice to be part of the crowd.

...Where were the others though? Victor looked around not seeing anyone else familiar, he almost pouted at that.

I feel happy, but slightly dissapointed, you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hm..."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

kiska166

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:45 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: casual clothes

Well, not a skilled snake, at least not yet, but something to look out for.

David raised a brow at Claire's faltering, well, she wasn't as good as his family and definitely as not as good as his mother. David wondered briefly what his mother was like as a child, though he had seen pictures, and had heard she had a bright personality from her family he wondered if she had glimpses of traits such as the girl Claire. It made goosebumps crawl on David's skin and he was thankful for his light cream sweater he had worn.

David held a smile and said, "Of course, there are rumors that house placement can run in family, but yes, we shall see, Claire."

He glanced down at his book and said more politely, "Anyways, what have kept you two busy this summer? I know I was getting a bit of head start on our readings for this year."

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:45 pm
User Image
Unsorted First Year

The darkness gave way and the sudden light across her eyes made Catharine blink. She slowed herself to a stop and look at her brilliant surroundings. Light filtered through windows above, the platform covered with families and students, and the train. She'd read about the Express. The first magical train it was been rumoured to have been stolen from Muggles using the largest known memory charm in Wizarding History. Made suitable for the snobs of Wizarding society; the train was to shuttle students to school in style. A student like her.

The train was real. The gateway was real. Bloody hell, MAGIC was real! Even Diagon Alley hadn't truly cemented it and she had visited the place at 6 times over the summers. Pushing her trolley along, she moved through the small crowd of students and families. Most were talking, others seems to be trying to absorb it like she was, but all of them were magical like her. She blinked, hell she wasn't going to cry over this. She had known for so long, but knowing is not the same as experiencing the knowledge, a small part of her reminded the rest. She gave herself a little shake and continued along the Platform. She had to figure out how the ruddy hell she was going to get to two trunks and Sir Luckless onto that train.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:49 pm
User Image
User Image

((OOC: sorry for the late reply))

User Image

Ariana giggled as Victor greeted her once again. When asked if she changed her hair, the redhead's smiling mouth shaped into an "o". She reached for a clump and glided her fingers through it. "No. Why? Does it look different?" The prefect was surprised by his remark considering she hasn't changed her hair since she first dyed it red when she was thirteen years old. The only reason she made it red in the first place was because her girlfriend at the time had her tips dyed red, and she was taken out of school for about a third of the year. Maybe I messed up when I dyed it last time? she wondered, staring at the strands in between her fingers. Ariana looked back up at the second year. "I see you've changed your hair, though."

User Image

Squeeky Luff

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:49 pm
User Image
User Image

Marcus stepped off the Hogwarts Express, his tall figure appearing through the steam. He raised his wand and pointed it at his throat. "ALL ABOARD!" he shouted, looking over the crowd.

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games