Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 6:50 pm
User Image
So what am I not supposed to have an opinion
Should I be quiet just because I'm a woman
Call me a b***h cos I speak what's on my mind
Guess it's easier for you to swallow if I sat and smiled

User Image

Eretria stepped through the barrier, a grin on her face as she realized she was finally seventeen. And a Seventh year. She pondered this, as she glanced around. Her first trip, she had gotten into an argument with an adult, and completely devastated him because of his actions with Shin. This year, well, so much had changed. Her eyes now had more of a piercing quality, as though she could gaze through people. Which, she probably could, at least their minds. After all, she was a legilimens now. Sighing, she made her way over to where she could see Amanda, giving the girl a small wave. "Ready for our last trip on the train?"

----------------------------------
State: Reminiscent
OOC: LAST TRIP FOR MY FIRST FIRSTIE QAQ

Fenris

So what am I not supposed to say what I'm saying
Are you offended by the message I'm bringing
Call me whatever cos your words don't mean a thing
Guess you ain't even a man enough to handle what I sing

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:00 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor tilted his head, did he not pay enough attention last year?
He quickly tried to cover his mistake though, "Ah...It just seems more..." What was he going to say?
He didn't want to offend anyone, "More voluminous...brighter too~" He then nodded, "Very nice."

He then heard the conductors call and jumped a bit, "Ah...So the year begins." He then looked back at Ariana, "Yeah...my current pink hair was the fault of my cousin Claire." He then pointed to the green eyed, blond girl on the bench, "A prank involving permanent magical hair dye."

Victor looked down at his cat Sherbert who had managed to sneak out of his carrier and petted him, "You got out? wow cats are smart."

He then started to move his trolley towards the train, "So...What do second years do at the feast? The same routine as first years or...?"

I feel concerned you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Oh my...I'm such a poor example of a second year."
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud second year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

kiska166

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:10 pm
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire nodded at David, "Yes. I so hope I don't end up in the same house as my family if that's true."
Though being a Ravenclaw wouldn't exactly hurt, it meant she was smart.

Claire for sure didn't want to end up as a stupid Gryffindor or an odd Hufflepuff though, "Busy? I made friends..." Claire then thought for a moment, were the really friends?
She was sure she was friends with the adorable Squib boy, but she wasn't so sure about the others.

Claire then thought for a moment, how was Catharine?
"I also got some great stuff from the joke shop."

As the conductor came out and announced it was time Claire got up and got her stuff ready starting to wheel it onto the train, "Class should be fun though~"

My feelings? I'm guarded you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Ah yes, pranks..."
I'm a Unsorted.
Did you know that I'm a future first year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

mc2
StudiousDemoness

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:20 pm
User Image
You see, you'd love to run home, but you know you ain't got one
Cuz you're livin' in a world that you're best forgotten
When you're thinkin' you're a joke and nobody's gonna listen
To the one small point I know they've been missing around here

User Image

Rick heard the conductor call for last boarding and winced. Well, there went his chance to find anyone to socialize with. The sixth year sighed, wondering briefly how much of a headache this year was going to be. Then again, he had dropped a few more classes, so he wasn't drowning in classwork. Deciding he'd better get onto the train, he cast one look around for his brother before boarding.

Thinking: Hmm, where is everyone?
OOC: ...

Jinx

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 7:27 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[UNSORTED]

House: Unsorted
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 11
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Yet to start his first year
Wearing: casual clothes

Great stuff at the joke shop... what a waste of money.

David sort of had a feeling that Claire was hoping for the very house-Slytherin-that he was hoping not to be placed in. And the idea of this girl making friends struck him as odd though he supposed his mother had friends too. She was too hesitant too truly master being manipulative, David decided, but in years to come she may be someone to watch out for. Of course, David was confident he was much smarter than the girl and could one up her anytime needed.

He smiled his polite smile and said to both Leonette and Claire, "Well, shall we board? Since we are already all together we might as well sit together."

murruelecreuset
Squeeky Luff

{Exit to the Hogwarts Express}  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:25 pm
User Image
User Image
Kimberly Hudson
======================
Pureblood || Unsorted || Eleven || First Year
======================

Kimberly walked with her luggage behind her and looked at the wall. She smiled and sighed as she looked back to wave goodbye to her family. The red head turned to look at the wall again and ran to it passing through the gate. Bam! She was now looking at a huge train and was in awe. The girl looked around and smiled at people that passed by her. She couldn't wait to set foot in the train and turn her life upside down. Red head clutched on her luggage and walked forward.

======================
Location: Platform 3/4 || Thoughts: Excited || Company: No one || Crush: no one
======================
Outfit

hjcoffman2881

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 8:38 pm
User Image

The Lovettes……………………………………………………
Gypsy // Echo
Ravenclaw // Second Year // Looking Chic at the Platformspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Echospacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Exhaustedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'God, whose idea was it for us to have to get up at such an ungodly hour?' spacespac
Unsorted // First Year // Looking Bookish at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Gypsyspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Desperatespacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh, please, oh please, let me find someone to sit with instead of my sister and her delinquent friends...' spacespac

════════════════════════════════════════════════

Gypsy pushed through the barrier slowly and sluggishly. Her normally pink locks were brown, a color she absolutely hated to see them. She was just so tired! Last year, she'd been wide awake on train day. It'd been her first year, after all, and she'd been excited to get to the school and to be sorted. Now... actually, she wasn't looking forward to the year all that much. Last year had been an incredibly uneventful year, after all. And as much as she wanted to ensure this year wouldn't be the same, she wasn't sure how exactly to go about it. She needed plans, needed ideas... she'd have to hunt down the twins or Jer for some plotting. But, unfortunately, she didn't see any of the three anywhere. Not a sign. She did, however, happen to notice a certain Gryffindor, seemingly asleep slumped over the back of an older boy. She smirked a bit, her eyes tired, and trailed after the pair. She glanced at Echo out of the corner of her eyes, for once not caring if he stayed with her or not. She was too tired to deal with his attitude, after all. "Go make some friends or something. I'm gonna get a compartment and catch a few winks."

Echo, unlike his sister, was wide awake, bright eyed and excited. He wasn't even letting his sister's bad mood get him down. He'd planned on separating from her as soon as they arrived... and it seemed like she was going to let him. His eyes widened. Oh, thank God! She didn't expect him to sit with her? Brilliant! But, the idea of having to make friends was one that distressed him on an entirely different level. He looked for a familiar face, hoping to spot Tanya or Elsie, but neither of them seemed to have arrived... unless they were already on the train? He trudged after his sister, hoping to find them. Otherwise, he might actually have to sit with Gypsy and her friends! Now that would be awful!

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:51 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Studious at the Platformspace
CURRENTLY // single // fancying // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Contentspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Finally back to school...' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ For my entire life I never knew what love was like,
But now I've felt it's touch, and it's far too much for me to hold inside.
∳ ∳ ∳
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

Damien made his way to the platform briskly; he was a bit behind today, he'd had to take care of getting himself here because his father was busy. He'd had to hail a cab, something he'd never done. He was no sooner through the barrier than he'd already spotted a familiar head of red hair. He smiled and pushed his cart carefully, then left it about a foot away to walk up behind her and wrap his arms around her waist. He kissed her cheek and then rested his chin on her shoulder. "Hey there, beautiful," he said, giving her a light squeeze. He was glad the summer was over; telling his father about his Wizard Law score had been... less than fun. Wesley was not pleased. But, he'd eventually relented in his demands that Damien find some way to retake the test, admitting that, if this was what his son really wanted, there was nothing he could do. The man seemed torn between being angry that Damien had purposefully flunked and impressed that he'd done something so rash to ensure he could do as he wished. It was odd to see his father so torn.

Damien gave Marina another light kiss, this one on her neck, thinking of the package in his trunk. Two years. It'd been two years. He could hardly believe it sometimes, especially when he thought of what a prat he'd been in his first few years of school... he felt like a much better person, and knew he was happier than he ever could've been if he'd stayed the person he used to be. He tried imagining what he'd be like now if that night in the Garden hadn't happened, or if he hadn't become friends with Marina after... and he honestly wanted to punch that other version of himself in the face. He was a better, happier person without that part of him... and most of the credit for who he was certainly went to Marina.
                                                          "I missed you. How was the rest of your summer, after the Ball?" They'd written, of course; they never stayed out of touch for long. But hearing her voice and reading her letters were very different. Writing didn't convey emotion well, didn't tell him if she had something on her mind she wasn't telling him, if she were distracted or passionate or worried or happy. He knew that something was up with her family, and yet there'd been no word of anything odd happening, and that concerned him ever so slightly. No news was supposed to be good news... but no news often meant there was news people didn't want you to know.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳ Feels like I'm on top of the universe, on a shooting star
                                                          Well, life feels so wonderful and every thing is by far so spectacular.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 10:15 pm
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
So she ran away in her sleep
Dreamed of para- para- paradise
Every time she closed her eyes

User Image
User Image

WearingWhere: Platform 9 3/4With:Echo Thinking: Silly boyOOC

·» »-(¯`v´¯)-»

Tanya ran through the magical platform barrier looking around with her brown eyes wide with excitement. Her mother and baby brother were beside her taking in the magical moment along with her; nostalgia from her Mum and even more bewilderment from her Cookie. She felt a pang in her chest remembering how she was leaving him on his own for once, she hadn't left his side since he was a toddler! How was she supposed to cope practically a continent away? And then there was her Mum who was still healing psychologically from what her-from what He had done to her. Although she was sure most of that healing had occurred because of a certain older gent but she wasn't saying so out loud, no matter how much she giggled at how adorable they acted around each other. Finally it came time for her to board and she was hugged mercilessly by her mother and sibling while the small family barely holding back their tears. Giving a special squeeze to Timothy she whispered in his ear, "Look after Mum alright? And don't be afraid to get help from Auntie Fiona or Mr. Whitethorne." She couldn't help but giggle at his look at the man's name knowing he felt a tad threatened from his presence although she never knew why. Finally they collected themselves, gave happier smiles and waves before they disappeared back behind the barrier leaving her alone. Tanya looked around the bustling platform for a remotely familiar face to make her feel less alone than she did when, surprise surprise the Lovettes! A grin split across her face as she made her way to the siblings to see Gypsy already head onto the train while Echo was just standing around. Feeling a tad mischievous the girl snuck around to the back of him and covered his eyes with her hands, which was quite difficult seeing as though the bugger was taller than she was! "Guess who? Get it wrong you and we're gonna have a serious talk about strange women walking up to ya." she giggled and uncovered his eyes and walked in front of him. "Why are you just standing out here like you're rooted to the platform? C'mon then, we've got people to meet, lives to change, all that good rot they put in the pamphlets." Without thinking Tanya took Echo's hand and dragged him along beside her up to the train to look for a compartment for themselves. Unbeknownst to her, Marvin the rabbit decided to pop his head out her backpack and take a look around and his new surroundings, such bright colors!

Cara MiaKitty

Life goes on
It gets so heavy
The wheel breaks the butterfly
Every tear, a waterfall
In the night, the stormy night
She closed her eyes
In the night, the stormy night
Away she'd fly.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:06 pm
User Image
Echo is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Bookish at Locationspace
CURRENTLY // single // crushing // singlespaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Tanyaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Confusedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Strange girls... what? What's that supposed to mean?' spacespac

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ You can really have no notion how delightful it will be
When they take us up and throw us with the lobsters out to sea. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

Echo was just standing there, minding his own business, far too shy to approach a stranger but not seeing anyone he knew, when suddenly everything went dark. He let out a choked gasp as someone's hands fell over his eyes, and was suffering a slight panic attack at the sudden loss of light. He rarely admitted it to anyone, but he was insanely afraid of the dark. But, before he could really let the panic set in, a familiar voice spoke out. His breathing was irregular and his palms had started to sweat, but he relaxed at least a small bit when he realized it was Tanya who'd covered his eyes and not some strange, crazed murderer or something like that. He was pulling away from her hands when she removed them, and blinked a few times when she stepped to stand before him. "Um, er, hey, Tanya. I, um... what strange girls? No one... there's not been any strange girls! I mean, unless you count my sister, she's pretty strange..." He gave a nervous chuckle, his hand going to the back of his neck and rubbing. He tried to look like he wasn't coming down from an almost panic-attack, but he doubted if he was being very convincing.

When she asked why he was just standing there, he blushed, taken aback. People to meet? Lives to change? What people, what lives? He gave her a confused look.
                                                          "I, um... I mean... I dunno, I just... I'm not... good at... meeting people. I usually just sit around and read." He flushed darker. When Tanya took his hand, his eyes went wide, and he grabbed onto his trunk to pull it behind him while she pulled him behind her. He boarded the train after her, still pink in the cheeks.

♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ But the snail replied, "Too far, too far," and gave a look askance,
                                                          Said he thanked the whiting kindly but he would not join the dance. ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 24, 2013 11:57 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Kings Cross - Platform 9¾

“That’s right.” Chloe replied to Raph. It wasn’t hard if you knew her brother David not that they spend time together around the school. In fact it was as if her brother avoided her throughout the year until they went home for the summer. Guess it helped being in separate houses. “I’ve been good studied most of the summer though.” Chloe said. That’s the one thing that probably would have made summer better no studies but sadly OWLs were important.

When Victor brought up the change in hair Chloe didn’t think that Ariana had changed it. Her hair had been that way for as long as she’d known her. Then when he mentioned his cousin Claire Chloe looked over and noticed her cousin. “Looks like our cousins are getting to know one another…” she commented. Hopefully everything would go alright and nothing bad would happen. She didn’t want Leonette to have a rocky start to her year. At the sound of the conductor Chloe smiled here came another year at Hogwarts. Like always she couldn’t wait.

(Exit onto the Hogwarts Express)

With: Ariana, Victor, Raph

Wearing: Casual

OOC: ---

User Image
Whiskers the Cat

Squeeky Luff
shabatha
kiska166

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:35 am
User Image

“Thank you for the compliment.” Leonette said. She was about to say why she was called that but stopped to think about what David had said. Maybe he was right if she started saying how much she wanted to be in Gryffindor what if they didn’t want to be friends with her. Then it got her thinking what if what they all wanted happened, would that mean they couldn’t be friends? Her cousin was in Gryffindor he had been friends with a Slytherin and was dating a Ravenclaw so maybe which house you were in didn’t matter. “You’re right I didn’t think about that…” Leonette said ending the topic.

Leonette nodded. They would know at the sorting everyone would. Hopefully she wouldn’t lose any friends over what house she was in. Although her oldest cousin Chloe would say that they weren’t worth being troubled over and to be proud of who you are. She would have to remember that incase her worst fear did happen. With David’s final thought about houses running in the family she smiled. “I hope I’m in the same house as my dad but we’ll see if that’s true or not.” She commented.

“A head start…?” Leonette said in mild shock. Who would want to read ahead? Oh wait, her cousin would… “I meet some older students over the summer and I hung out with my two younger sisters.” She answered. Turning towards the train as they were called to board Leonette smiled. “Yeah I say that’s a brilliant suggestion.” She answered David as they headed off to board the train for the first time.

With: Claire and David

Wearing: Casual first year

User Image
Gwen the Finch

Squeeky Luff
mc2

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 12:55 am
User Image

David smiled at Shayna’s comment. A cute weirdo that was the first time he’d ever heard that. “I think that’s a bias opinion don’t you?” he said still smiling. “Just listen for the name Leonette I guarantee there isn’t another person with that name.” he told her know she was looking for Leonette. “Or I could point over to that bench over there that had a brunette sitting next to a blond with a guy standing in front of the two of them.” He added. “The brunette is Leo.” David told her.

“She’ll make friends everyone makes at least one friend. Who knows maybe our cousins will become friends.” David said the last part with a chuckle. The idea was interesting and he wouldn’t if it really would happen. The possibility was there it was just a matter of time. “Yes I am.” He answered. Seeing the folded paper in her hand he had a feeling that he knew exactly what it was. “That’s your list isn’t it?” he asked her. “Because I happen to have mine… right here.” David said pulling it out of his pocket. “Want to trade?” he asked her. “If you don’t I can always hold off giving it to you till later when you decide to give me yours.”

David knew that Shayna wouldn’t want his list probably long before he started breaking down for it. This would be a piece of cake he hoped. Turning his attention to the conductor as they were called to board he knew he wouldn’t have to wait for that. “We should get on and find a compartment this year we can finally sit together because I’m not a million times late.” He said standing up.

“After you,” David said gesturing the Ravenclaw to go ahead of him. Yeah Chloe would definitely say her little brother was growing up.

With: Shayna

Wearing: Casual

User Image
Ashton the Barn Owl

shabatha

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 5:47 am
The Lovely Ice Queen~
R U N E☬☬ S Y B I L

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe sits in her corner, singing herself to sleep~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWrapped in all of the promises that no-one seems to keep
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxShe no longer cries to herself, no tears left to wash away~
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxJust diaries of empty pages, feelings gone astray~.

But she will sing~! Till everything BURNS~
xxxxxxxx
xxxxxxOne's Lust for Knowledge is never satiated.

▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇▇

Rune was a little preoccupied with getting her stuff to the gentleman who was loading the express to pay any attention to the girl who drifted over and asked if she was alright. Rune paused for a moment to unsure if the girl was talking directly to her or not after a few beats of silence from the dark haired girl before she finally mused the girl who had come over and asked her a question.
”Dog’s Bollocks, love.”
The tone that Rune took was just as monotone as her face was stoic. It was hard to tell if she was detached from the situation at hand, distracted with other things or maybe even just be being sarcastic and toying with the blonde young lady who just happened to turn her attention to Rune for whatever reason. Sadly, if she was looking for a conversation or a warm welcome she would likely not find either here. The young woman was more than happy to keep others away from her, it was just safer that way, she had learned to build a wall around herself to keep others out, and if that meant being cold, blunt and outright nasty to someone then so be it. Rune didn’t return the sweetness that was in the others girls smile… heck, she didn’t even look in her direction as she lined up and waited for her chance to get on to the train. In her mind, she was mentally bracing herself for the teeth grinding misery that she was about to endure for the next ‘X’ amount of time. Though her face was stoic, her mind certainly was not. She really had no desire to entertain anyone at this point in time.
Granted… the cold hearted brat had little time to entertain anyone at any time.
Yeah, it was going to be safe to say that Rune wasn’t likely going to be making many friends this year...

House of:
Thoughts: ...wee... a train ride... I can hardly wait...
Feelings: emotion_donotwant
Theme music: Ice runs in my veins

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxWhile everyone SCREAMS.
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxBurning their lies, burning my dreams
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxAll of this hate, all of this pain
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxI’ll burn it all down while my anger reins

((Ah... the joys and challenges of playing a cold hearted character. sweatdrop whee
@Miss Shabatha: I'm kind of getting swallowed up by real life so my posting might be a bit few and far in between right now, feel free to break away from Rune at any time and don't let me hold you up, love.
-Next Post: Hogwards express))

Quote:
Shabatha

Razsminion

Romantic Mage

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 10:40 am
User Image

The Hogwarts Express

With a piercing whistle and a puff of steam, the doors of the Hogwarts Express closed. The students all on board, leaning out the windows and waving at their families, The train engine slowly inched forward, before picking up speed as it left the station.

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games