Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:30 pm
I said the joker is a wanted man,
He makes his way all across the land,
See him sifting through the sand,
So I'll tell you all the story,
About the joker and the thief of the night,

User Image
User Image

Loki chuckled at the other's comment even as their food arrived. "You've got no idea." He thanked the man and took a bite of his sandwich finding it adequate but the chips fantastic. He just happened to look over at Loki Jon to see him put his head in his hands and got that awful puppy feeling again and had to resist the urge to pat him on his head. "Hey now I'm sure you'll see your brother again. You're of age, all you need is a job and a place to live and I think you can even adopt him from the home if you wanted." he commented awkwardly. He was sooo going to have a talk with Nell, she was making him mushy.

Always laughing in the midst of power,
Always living in the final hour,
There is always sweet in the sour,
We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:14 pm
yukina101
Loki Jon

Squib

User Image
Loki Jon started to dig into the food as it was being set down. He was sure the waitress hated that, but he did not care. He nodded at the statement. "Yeah! I hopin to get a place and tack a job" He said, already having eaten a bout 1/4th of the food and drank the water. He did know how to use a napkin tough. "But... I don know who would higher me...."". He woundered if he would have to admit to being a squib.  

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Fri Jul 19, 2013 9:47 pm
User Image

User Image Location: Diagon Alley Streets

Alice wondered if this was a secret plan to get Jasper to open up. She wasn’t sure if it was or not but something told her it was. He needed to learn to trust their new parents more they were family after all, maybe not by blood but family none the less. Placing a figure to the side of her chin Alice began thinking of where she wanted to go. “Well would go everywhere all at once if it were possible.” she replied with a light giggle. “But since it’s not… I’ll go with outfit shopping first cause you can never have enough.” She decided with a big smile. When it came to cloths Alice was happy.

With: Mom

OOC: ---

Ura the rainbow King

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:22 am
Lillian Lancaster

User Image
ℓα∂у σƒ тнє нσυѕє.

ι αм ρяσυ∂ σƒ συя ƒαмιℓуѕ αη¢єѕтяу αη∂ ωιℓℓιηg тσ ѕнαяє συя нιѕтσяу ωιтн αηу αη∂ αℓℓ ωнσм αѕк.

Lillian Lancaster smiled at the sweet girl and nodded at her. Her eyes looked over at Jasper. They were soft as she did. She was glad the child was opening up to them. When the child mentioned going everywhere at once, she just had to laugh and smile. "I see...I see..That would be very had..but not impossible dear" She said. She laughed, a rich, full and lady like laugh when then girl chose dresses. She liked them as well, as one could very well see. "Alright dear...lead the way" She said.

тнє ѕтαтυѕ σƒ α ℓα∂у ιѕ ησт נυѕт α тιтℓє, вυт α ∂υту тнαт ιѕ тαυgнт ωιтн нαя∂ ωσяк, ησт ρυяєℓу ву яιgнт σƒ вℓσσ∂.

IceGrayWolf
murruelecreuset

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 12:33 am
I said the joker is a wanted man,
He makes his way all across the land,
See him sifting through the sand,
So I'll tell you all the story,
About the joker and the thief of the night,

User Image
User Image

Loki tried not to stare as the other Loki visibly attacked his food upon its arrival but did feel a small amount of satisfaction that he was correct that the young man had been hungry. When he spoke about getting a job he could only shrug, himself not knowing any place currently hiring. "Maybe you could try in the muggle world. Fake a few papers and you could probably get a decent job." he advised nonchalantly.

Always laughing in the midst of power,
Always living in the final hour,
There is always sweet in the sour,
We are not goin' home

PostPosted: Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:42 pm
User Image

"It wouldn't?" Alice replied. It wasn't probably hard to believe but she had no idea that it was even remotely possible. "I've been living under a rock." she added. Maybe that's how she saw things from being in an orphanage. "Okay mom." she said before leading the way to Madam Malkin's Robes. If anyone had good outfits to buy it was her.

(Exit to Madam Malkin's Robes)

With: Mom

Ura the rainbow King

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 3:03 am
User ImageUser Image
Former Hufflepuff Detective Pureblood Married

▻▻▻ Zero is where everything starts! Nothing would ever be born.......
▻▻▻ A trick is nothing but a puzzle mankind came up with. If you use your head.........
▻▻▻ The only ones who can miss a kick draw..........
Mood : Excited
Thinking : I wonder what kind of books he like…
Doing : Shopping?
With : Jasper
Where : Diagon Alley Streets

Colville laughed at the children’s response about apparition. ” Heh, at least you kids can handle it. Back then, when I first did that, I threw up…. “ He shrugged as he remembered, forcing a small laugh to lessen the tension. The detective glanced brown eyes between Lillian and Alice, then looked at Jasper as he gave an ‘okay’ for him to accompany his father in buying books. He gave the young boy a happy smile and he nodded at the two girls. Let the girls have the fun, and let them boys have theirs.

” Now then, Jasper, should we start our little adventure? “ He grinned, looking at him. Oh he’s already planned the whole event in his mind. Every single detail was already scratched in his imagination and the possible answers of the child are also there. Never underestimate a detective. Especially him. He huffed, searching for the store he had pointed earlier. Somehow, people suddenly……came into the Alley when he and his family were conversing. Wait, came…? Nah, I think it’s more of an ‘appeared’ type of word. Yeah. He scratched his jaw with a finger and suddenly thought up of a question that might save them from any time that can be lost by picking books. ” Oh yeah, before I forgot. Jasper, what’re the kind of books that you read?" he asked, placing his fingers on his chin. “ I…..I like adventure and mystery ones. Especially ones with puzzles and stuff. It makes me wanna think……Which I find completely fun. “

......if we didn't depart from there ◅◅◅
.......you can uncover the logical answer ◅◅◅
.......are those who have the courage to kick it ◅◅◅

Out Of Confessions: Ta-da >.<

Ura the rainbow King

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Thu Jul 25, 2013 5:45 pm
User Image

Jasper gave a light nod. “Yeah.” He said. Alice was still in his mind as they headed for the book store. He hopped she’d have fun with Lillian. Lillian… was that even what he should be thinking probably not and Alice was bound to deal with him later about that. Deep down he was thinking the same thing she was. ‘Is this a ploy to get me to open up?’ If it was it was a good a plan as any.

That was exactly what it was sounding like… Jasper didn’t know what to make of Colville but would give him the benefit of the doubt for trying. He couldn’t blame him for trying to get him to be a part of his’ family’s life. Besides he had to learn to fit in for Alice. “I like history…” he answered calmly. When he was told what his dad liked he realized they had something in common. “I think so too.” He replied. “I like books with puzzles too as well.” Jasper added. It was a shock to him that he’d have anything in common with his adoptive parents.

With: Colville (my dad)

IceGrayWolf

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 03, 2013 7:35 pm
User ImageUser Image
Former Hufflepuff Detective Pureblood Married

▻▻▻ Zero is where everything starts! Nothing would ever be born.......
▻▻▻ A trick is nothing but a puzzle mankind came up with. If you use your head.........
▻▻▻ The only ones who can miss a kick draw..........
                                                                Mood : Happy
                                                                Thinking : I wonder what other kinds of books he like...
                                                                Doing : Shopping?
                                                                With : Jasper
                                                                Where : Diagon Alley Streets

Colville gave Jasper a lopsided grin as they walked past the crowd, inching closer and closer to the book store. But, somewhere deep inside his gut, he knew that there was something about Jasper and Alice that he still couldn’t explain. Something……There was definitely something different about those two. But what? The detective shook his head, moving on to how they were gonna buy some books. He placed a finger on his chin, pondering at something. Now, a route or some sort was triggered by Jasper’s answer about his favor in history books. He stayed like that for a couple of seconds until he shot another grin at his son. ” I know lots and lots of books that you may like, “ he replied, taking out a piece of paper. Right now, the most suited book for him was the all-around ‘Hogwarts: A History’.

Warm brown eyes looked back and forth between the nine-year old and the piece of paper. He gently patted his son’s shoulder, chuckling to himself.
                                                                ” Now that was something new! It’ll be easy for us to find books that involves puzzles and stuff, “ he smiled, adding it up to his trunk of knowledge about Jasper. He sounded like an undercover agent, yes. But what could you expect from a detective? He loves things like that. Already mixing up reality and a few events in mystery books; thinking of the possible answers of the people he was talking to; imagining a conversation between him and other people. And he could do that in a mere minute. Every possible answer, every possible route that can be triggered.

Oh the joy of being him.

......if we didn't depart from there ◅◅◅
                                                                .......you can uncover the logical answer ◅◅◅
                                                                .......are those who have the courage to kick it ◅◅◅

Out Of Confessions: Drat! I didn’t see this one! I’m so so so so so so so so so so so so so so so sorry! sad (

murruelecreuset

PostPosted: Mon Aug 05, 2013 9:58 pm
User Image

Jasper looked up at his dad and waited patiently until he gave him a grin. “Really?” he said it more or less slipped out. Not that it was a bad thing. He still had that feeling like this was all a plan to help them bond or something. It was hard for him to really understand the importance of knowing him that well. Then again maybe he just wasn’t trying hard enough to understand. “Why do I feel like this is a chance to get me to open up?” Jasper asked just as they reached the book store.

(Exit to Obscurus Books)

With: Colville (my dad)

IceGrayWolf

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:12 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nicole checked her time and realized that she had only been in the alley a solid hour and a half doing her needed and extra shopping but still felt...unfulfilled. She supposed it was because the children were back in school and didn't have to trail around with her making silly comments or begging for candy or extra time in the books store or whether they could visit friends and whatnot. Short answer, the young mom was lonely which was an entirely new state of being for her. When she was still married she could only dream of the day Gregory wasn't breathing down her neck stinking of booze while she was still twitching in after affects of his last beating. Then while being newly divorced she had focused so much on repairing her small broken family, getting a job, and paying off their numerous debts that having someone else in the picture seemed highly unlikely, fantasy nearly. Now...well now her kids were slowly growing up and going off to school, she was working the job of her dreams and yet she felt that something was missing. Something she couldn't exactly pinpoint. Nicole shook her head physically to rid her of such thoughts. Nothing was missing! Everything was fine, this was her mantra as her feet on autopilot carried her towards a familiar street near Whizz Hard Books where she was assuredly not looking into the mirror to see if someone was in her chair. Nope not at all.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:58 pm
User Image

User Image

Gearvin stepped toward his shop, not really paying anyone any mind. He'd noticed the empty feeling in his home, made especially painful since he realized that soon, his last child would be leaving home. His mind wandered back to the one person he thought would be with him, and his heart ached. Anastasia was gone, he reminded himself, and couldn't come back. He knew that. However, that did not mean that his heart would fully heal from it. In fact, he doubted he ever would. Funny, he never imagined he would be the romantic type when he was younger. Sighing, he rounded past a shop when he caught sight of someone standing outside the building. Frowning, he walked forward. "Miss Cherri? What are you doing out here? Everything all right?" Mentally he evaluated his statement and cringed. She wouldn't be looking that way if she were all right. It wasn't as if... Damn, his curiosity was going to get the better of him. "If there is nothing you happen to be doing at this moment, would you care to have something to eat?" Yes, he was aware of the state of his office, and the desk. Nonetheless, it felt... right to request a meal with her. Part of him wondered if it had anything to do with the dance at the masquerade they shared, but he banished that thought. That was preposterous! Just a get together between a boss and his former employee. Nothing more.

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Odd
OOC: ...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Nicole jumped when she head the voice of her former boss before promptly blushing at being caught staring at his business probably looking like a lost kneazle. "Oh! I umm, I was just passing through and I just ...stopped I guess." she stammered her way through. She had to hold in the snort in reply to his question of whether she was alright, clearly blushing beet red and trying to explain why you're standing in front of your former place of business was a clear sign of good heath! The potion mistress did blink slowly however when the older man asked for her to join him for a meal. Did he just ask her on a date? No! No that's not it, why would he? They had only worked together for about four years that wouldn't warrant an actual date. Well, there was the dance at the Masquerade but...no! No none of that was right as well. Clearly, Nicole decided, this was just a spontaneous moment made possible by her ex-boss only in the hopes to catch up with her since she quit. That was it, of course, she had been just blowing things out of proportion! "No, I mean no I'm not doing anything at the moment. I'd like to get something to eat Mr. Whitethorne." she grinned in reply.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:54 pm
User Image

User Image

Gearvin nodded, thinking about where they could go. Well, the Leaky Cauldron was now open, so why not there? He gave Nicole a cursory look, and then wondered why he felt happy about her decision to accompany him. Hmm, must be the lack of conversation at home. At this rate, he night think of downsizing to at least get out of the large house he was in. Somehow, he doubted that either of his sons would be coming home, not when one hadn't been seen since the death of Anastasia. Shaking himself out of his musing, he offered Nicole a small smile. "How does the Leaky Cauldron sound? I heard there is a new owner, as well as some changes to their menu. It should be interesting enough to see what has been done to the old place." Nice and safe. Why was it his mind suddenly wanted to remind himself of that fact? Looking over at the younger woman, he did think that it was tragic she had no one in her life. Remembering how she came to his shop so many years ago (Well, that he could recall, blasted Imperious!), he couldn't for the life of him recall anyone else in her life. Why was that fact sticking out, and why was he happy about that?

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Odd
OOC: ...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 08, 2013 10:17 pm

Nicole nodded to his suggestion of where to dine; she had heard about the recent changes to the Leaky Cauldron and part of her was happy to have an excuse to go see them. The other was happy to do so with Gearvin which confused her to no end. He was just a friend! A male friend granted, an older handsome male friend but a male friend nonetheless! It took her a moment to realize that she had mentally admitted to herself to thinking the man handsome and promptly wanted to bash her head against the nearest wall. What was she thinking!? Never mind, she knew what she was thinking and it was not. Going. To. Work! Bad brain! Bad bad bad bad bad! she mentally cursed while outwardly replying, "The Leaky Cauldron sounds perfect. Incidentally I've been wanting to see how much it's changed." As they began their walk towards the hotel Nicole felt the awkward lull in conversation and tried to think of something to fill it with. She couldn't very well bring up his family could she? Wouldn't his wife's unfortunate passing still be a sore subject for him? What if she said something unknowingly derogatory or insulting!? She wasn't made for social situations like this! Forcing herself to calm down she pulled on her big girl panties, as her daughter might say, and calmly asked a question. "So um, how are your children? You're daughter's gone back to Hogwarts for her sixth year right?" One's children were a safe subject right?  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games