Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:18 pm
Farellen blinked in relief, the boy that had fallen had Impressed and walked... well... sort of... with his green, then the Bronze he'd been lining up with Tuela for, found His, and it wasn't him, bitterness struck him then, wishing he hadn't followed the girl. He turned away and joined the other candidates again, fighting back feelings of inadequacy.

It was then he heard a voice inside his head, where was it coming from? "where are you?" he thought at the voice, he wasn't sure he would go help it, being as he swore he wouldn't do anything as stupid as he did at his last proper Standing, but if a dragonet needed help, maybe he'd be allowed? as long as he didn't interfere with the baby inside finding theirs anyway. He debated with himself, torn between helping, and doing as he was supposed to do.

Prism Shine
sorry he's walking away

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Helane had been clinging to Jeri and Fahn since she'd gotten back to them, slowly she became aware that her leg throbbed, "oh" she muttered, realising she was still bleeding, though it was more oozing now than flowing freely, She ripped the hem of her robe off and tied it around the gash, ignoring the sting of pain when Fahn spoke "Oh i know..." she said, more subdued but now things had calmed down, she was starting to get excited again. Suddenly a voice rang out, not in the air but in her head, oh well this was strange, but she wasn't one to stand around when someone needed help, she gave Jeri and Fahn a smile "did you hear it too? i've got to go help" she said, before striding off towards that voice, her leg burning at each step but she was going to help shardit. She knew what she was and wasn't supposed to do but by Faranth she wasn't going to ignore a direct plea like that, she went right up to poor unfortunate souls egg "hello? how can i help?" she said quietly

demon_pachabel

tatterpixie

Mr Cheri
Helane don't care, she's helping if the egg needs it XD

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:19 pm
Saekagi took a deep breath, looked at the others approaching with him and felt his pulse skip a few more times, and waved for them to join him. They might get in deep trouble, but... hell even if they stripped his knots, he wasn't sure if he'd impress anyway. Better he go out making sure someone was able to reach their partner.

"I'll... I'll help." He offered to the other candidates. "Anyone know how to do this safely?"  

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:19 pm
Reaching the egg, Veltanna nodded to Finnisa. “Okay, little one. Be still. We will help.” She reached down and steadied the egg. “I can hold while you crack?” She asked Finnisa.

ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:20 pm
Tarnaria

Looking up from where her gaze had gone, Tarnaria looked around for a moment. A voice? She had heard a voice. In her head... Like how the riders said they could hear their dragons. She looked around again, trying to figure out where it had come from, before she noticed the Poor Unfortunate Souls egg. Like everybody else, she hesitated, unsure. But the egg had asked for help... Should she? She should. It was right, after all. Her mother had said to do what was right. With effort, she got up again, limping toward the egg. Hold on... She'd help.  

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:21 pm
Varinia

Varinia heard a voice calling from the eggs asking for help. She remembered being instructed to not do anything to the eggs, but could she really just sit there and let the egg be when it needed help? It started speaking again and as it did, Vari tried to navigate to the egg. Standing by Poor unfortunate souls egg, Varinia asked "What can I do to help?" Hopefully she wouldn't get in trouble for trying to help the egg when it asked  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:21 pm
That... was probably fair. As it was, Dehka was making sure to move towards where Orri was being treated, worrying profusely over his friend. He hadn't really lost an ear, had he...? Kahbrohm's words were enough to make him pause, but wisely, he continued to walk instead of stopping and looking at his brother.

That egg... He knew how badly his brother had set its sights upon it. How badly he wanted it. "I don't... " He trailed off for a moment, then spoke in a quiet, but firm tone. "You wouldn't have Impressed a dragon that just--killed like that. You aren't that kind of person." He'd never be convinced otherwise.

The sudden plea for help was enough to make him pause yet again... but candidates were approaching it, hopefully with the intention of aiding the baby within. He was close enough that a healer grabbed him by the shoulder, immediately working on cleaning away the mess of blood on his face... but Orri was there, and the boy flashed him a relieved smile. Hopefully he was doing alright...

demon_pachabel

medigel

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:23 pm
Finnisa
"I mean you can hear us, right? Feel our emotions and all that? No?" Despite her mumbling, Finnisa had come up alongside the egg, Veltanna , Varinia, and Helane. "You gonna try to crack it?" She glanced around at the clutch parents, the crowd. "I mean, I don't blame you, but..." She wavered between dropping down to help, or simply standing there. If it was alright, since the hatchling was clearly awake and alive and ready to come out...

And then someone was asking her to chip at it as they held it, and in for an 1/8th mark, in for a whole, right? She hit her knees and reached out, hands lightly ghosting over the shell. "Are you sure?"
Revel1984
@Helane
Nilah44
@Varinia
faesinger
@Veltanna

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:26 pm
Akaris
With Rylyrr having Impressed to the loveliest of browns and everything else gone to pieces, Akaris was more than ready for this Hatching to be over, the sooner the better. Physically and emotionally exhausted, she practically swayed on her feet, but there were no few eggs left to hatch, no shortage of dragons who needed to find Theirs, and she was long past the point of being able to back out. All she could do now was just keep her feet and wait for it be over, then maybe if they weren't otherwise busy (the odds on which were likely not in her favor, she realized) she could go to Zinath or Junenth...and after the Feast, go home.

The request from the little bronze elicited no response from her, but then...that egg had a request. Garishly plaid on the outside, but on the inside... She remembered it well from the Touching, the offer it had made. And now it was asking for help to get out of its shell. Did that mean...was the dragon inside white? Akaris twisted her hands together, hesitating. Not because of what color the dragon might be, but because after all that had happened, she was afraid again. Terribly so.

So for all that she longed for what had been offered those weeks ago, between her fear of the worst and her certainty that no dragon was meant for her regardless, she stayed planted where she was. No few candidates were tripping over themselves to help, anyway.  

Meepfur
Crew

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:27 pm

A long, pregnant pause follow Finnisa's remark.

My dear, sweet child. If I could distinguish your feelings and thoughts from one another, I wouldn't need to hatch at all, would I? The biting sarcasm was covered by cloying, maternal sweetness.

Remarkably, I do require air to breathe, however. And it's terribly difficult to tell you apart.

Quite suddenly, something terribly violent happened to the egg... and yet no crack appeared. The dragonet within, however, was quite jostled.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:27 pm
Helane nodded, "it needs help to get out, if we crack the shell, maybe it'll be enough?" She wondered how .. they had no tools to hand to crack the shelll maybe brute force would do it? Glancing back at the Candidatemaster, she gritted her teeth.. shardit she was going to HELP ... She pulled her arm back and hit the egg with her fist, not so hard as to go right on through the the hatchling inside, but enough to hopefully splinter the shell around it, "well... i'm for it now" she said to herself, knowing she could quite possibly get into extremely big wherry dung for this but unable to stand aside and do NOTHING while a hatchling could die inside.

ShinosBee

Mr Cheri
IC happenings, IC consequences (sorry)

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:28 pm
Tarnaria

When she reached the egg, there were others already there. She looked at them, swallowing, "What can... What can I do to help?" She looked at the egg, wondering... How were they going to get the dragonet out? They had nothing with which to make the shell crack. "If we all sat on it, would that help...?"

ShinosBee

Revel1984

Nilah44

faesinger

Lady Grey

Now that was curious - Several of the candidates had gone to one of the eggs, to help it hatch. Heedless of any possible danger, they were ready to assist. "How brave..." It was admirable, she had to admit.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:30 pm
Oh, well wasn't this something?

Imperio watched the going-ons around Poor Unfortunate Soul, the pleasant blues and greens never leaving his eyes, flicking his tail once behind him.

It was a shame he couldn't get a better look at them, all the way over there. Briefly, any nearby candidate would feel a caress across their mind, inviting and warm, bidding them to come say hello.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

With a wry smile, Veltanna said, “no, but risking it is better than a clearly alive dragon dying in the shell. This one is certainly sure. We can deal with the Candidatemasters later.” But punching it was not what Veltanna had in mind....she stared at the girl.
Revel1984

ShinosBee

Saekagi thought maybe he'd have used the heel of his hand instead of his knuckles, but regardless, it was probably their only option, and he stood ready to try and help peel back chunks of shell if it worked. Hitting it with a sandal might have made noise but he didn't think much more than that.

He thought.  

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

Varinia

She assembled with some others who were going to try to help. "Are you sure we shouldn't ask one of the other hatchlings or even one of the adult dragons? They tell us not to try and help for a reason, I know the egg needs help but we should be careful we make the right decision."

Andranis

ShinosBee

Revel1984

faesinger

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games