Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Oct 25, 2013 2:39 pm
I can see, when you stay low nothing happens
Does it feel right?
Late at night, things I thought I put behind me
Haunt my mind
I just know there's no escape
Once it sets its eyes on you
But I won't run, I have to stare it in the eyes
Stand my ground, I won't give in

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED
PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SIXTH YEAR PREFECT
User Image
Though this might just be the ending: Troubled | Of the life I held so dear: The summer was so normal... | I won't run: Damien | There's no turning back from here: Platform 9 and 3/4 |

Marina flinched for a split second, being too lost in her thoughts to have noticed her boyfriend coming up behind through the crowd. She was momentarily on edge when a pair of arms suddenly wrapped around her waist. But then she recognized the voice and relaxed into his arms, her pulse rate slowing down. "Hello handsome," she replied quietly, remembering being a young teen who was positively disgusted by lovey-dovey couples speaking to each other in soft, romantic tones. Oh, how the mighty had fallen. She felt considerably more lighthearted with Damien, because he was the perfect cure to make her forget her troubles. She twisted slightly around and wrapped her arms around him, burying her face in his chest and simply breathing him in for a moment. He smelled good, but when did he not smell good? "The summer was fine. Quiet. Which was good. I guess." she murmured, before taking a half step back as the train whistle blew. She pecked him on the cheek and reluctantly stepped out of his arms, instead grabbing his hand a little more tightly than usual. Everything was fine right now. So why was she worried? She didn't quite know the answer to that question. "The train's about to leave, let's get a compartment before they're filled up with firsties."

A hero is one who knows how to hang on just one minute longer

((exit to Hogwarts Express))

Cara MiaKitty

[No more denying, I've got to face it
Won't close my eyes and hide the truth inside
If I don't make it, someone else will
Stand my ground
It's all around, getting stronger
Coming closer, into my world
I can feel that it's time for me to face it
Can I take it?

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 4:47 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Scholarly in Platform 9 & 3/4space
CURRENTLY // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // The Crowdspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'One more year of school...' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky, never revealing their depth.
∳ ∳ ∳
═══════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceDamien apparated himself to directly to Platform 9 & 3/4 for the first and last time. Every other year he'd been accompanied by his father, with the exception of his first. His mother had brought him then, the last time in his memory that he'd found himself on good terms with the woman. The last time she'd ever looked at him kindly, lovingly. He forced the memory away with a scowl. What a joke; his mother had never had any love in her heart, not really. He'd been her heir, her son. She'd faked it because that was how it was done. She'd had to look like the caring mother, but she'd always been cold. He didn't know if it was really the truth or just his new knowledge of her, but all his memories felt tainted; her every move seemed like playacting. He couldn't see a single instance of true affection in any of it.

spaceHe sighed and his hand went to his pocket. His eyes scanned the crowd forming for a glimpse of red hair. There were better things to think about; today was his third anniversary with Marina. If not for that, and the tradition of them riding the train together (spending a fair amount of it reenacting at least parts of the year they'd first gotten together... mostly the kissing), he'd have simply apparated to Hogsmeade that night. But, he found that he didn't like the idea of skipping the train ride. So, he'd awoken this morning for his very last train to Hogwarts... he wondered if he'd remember their anniversary next year, without the train ride to remind him. He chuckled at the thought.

∳ ∳ ∳ I'll be your crying shoulder, I'll be love's suicide
                                                          I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

(( OOC: ))

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 5:10 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

Cameron, now able to use magic outside of the school grounds, apparated himself onto Platform 9 & 3/4. This would be his last first day of Hogwarts; however, next year, he'd still come to the platform to see Elli off. Having to go a full year, or at least several months until the holidays, without seeing his girlfriend whenever he wanted was going to be tough. After all, the couple has been together for nearly four years now. Being without one another was going to be harsh for both Elli and Cam. Until then, they still had a year to get through, so there was no point in thinking that far ahead. The seventh year had other, more immediate things to focus on at the moment such as finding either Elli or one of his friends to sit with on the train, making the Quidditch team and winning both the Quidditch and House Cup, and NEWTs at the end of the year.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

Format by XxXDevil-Chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:07 pm
User Image
User Image

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

Both Alexandria and Rosabella were dropped off at King's Cross Station by Eleanor. The woman hugged her daughter and step daughter goodbye before taking off on her broom. "Is this where we board the train?" the muggleborn asked her sister, unsure of what she was doing and what was going to happen.
"No, you idiot. The train is on the other side of that wall," she answered, pointing to the brick barrier which separated platforms 9 and 10.
The eleventh year tilted her head in confusion as she peaked around the wall. "Uhh.." she started in confusion but trailed off. The only thing on the other side of that wall was the rest of the platform.
Alexandria rolled her eyes at her little sister. I can't believe I'm gonna to have to put up with her at school, she thought in annoyance. "Follow me. But only until we get there. Afterwards, don't talk to me. Just pretend you don't know me," she warned before pushing her cart through the wall.
Rosabella's jaw dropped as she watched the second year disappear through the barricade. I'm supposed to walk through a wall?! The first year thought Alex must have used magic to trick her, but after a moment of her not coming out from anywhere, Rosabella decided she'd better try it before something bad were to happen. Plus, if Alex did try tricking her, Bella could always tell on her, couldn't she? The girl eyed Eliora, who seemed to be fast asleep in her cage, before breathing in heavily and walking towards the brick wall. Upon closing her eyes, Rosabella walked straight at it. By the time she reopened her eyes, the girl was standing at an unfamiliar platform with a train which read The Hogwarts Express. A crowd of students and their families stood around. Suddenly becoming extremely intimidated and nervous, the girl scanned the platform in search of her older sister, but Alexandria had already disappeared into the crowd.

User Image
User Image

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:27 pm
User Image
User Image

Blood Status: Muggleborn
Wand: Inflexible//13 inches//Laurel//Dragon Heartstring
Current Age: 13
Year at Hogwarts: 3rd year

A long summer... that's one way to put it.

Ronna was allowed to take the train from Dover to England and get on the train to Hogwarts on her own. Her father said it was cheaper than paying a ticket himself and he wasn't interested in driving that far. She supposed he figured that it was best at this point to leave her to her own devices-for better or for worse. She had watched the scenery pass in silence on the train ride to London, left with more than she cared to think about. She had again and again let her temper get the better of her. She didn't think before she spoke and in the end she alienated people.

It didn't make her feel much better that she finally found out the reason her father had sent her to stay with his friend in London for half the Summer last year. Apparently Ronna's mother had shown up asking to see her. Her father had refused-after all the woman had signed over full custody of Ronna to him in the divorce- but it wasn't because of what he thought, it was because of what Ronna thought. She never gave much thought about the grudge she had against the mother who ditched-but her father had realized it all along. Inflexible... just like her wand, Ronna thought as she considered what she had read about wandlore for the elective she had signed up for-among a handful of others.

Of course, there was the fact she had spent the whole summer also tutoring muggle math to her next door neighbor who had once made her mad enough to strike a punch that end up breaking his nose when they were younger. He had always been an insufferable prat during her primary school days, but he wasn't... not really. It was Ronna who was the rude one. In the end he actually even bothered to get her a birthday gift a bookbag with anchors on it-which was where she carried the package the brown paper bag that her father had put in a plastic bag and told Ronna to deliver to Crash. She had never opened the bag, figuring it wasn't her business and it probably was just something he forgot in the car or something. She still didn't see why her father didn't just send his owl to deliver it once school started. It would have been less awkward for her and she was half tempted to throw it away except she would feel that much guiltier about snapping at Crash at the beginning of the Summer.

She sighed as she glanced at the brick wall between Platform 9 and Platform 10. A long year she had to face too. After all, she last year practically made enemies with Elli, Cameron, and Toby. And during the summer... well to say Crash was angry with her seemed like an understatement. Of course she snapped, threw an apple with him, insulted him to some degree-just to hide her pride.

Walking through the barrier she joined the crowd, dreading seeing well... a lot of people. She massaged her forehead as she moved over to the wall avoiding getting jostled by others and let out a long sigh, mostly wanting to not see people she knew, considering how many toes she had stepped on. Then again her next door neighbor she had hated so much could change for the better couldn't she? People did grow up and the main thing is she needed to learn to just keep her mouth closed and opinions to herself.

User Image

Doing: Entering Platform 9 3/4
In Company of: ...
[Wearing: Something I normally would not have picked. (That's what I get for having to shop with friends of Dad for clothes)]

{ }

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 6:57 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Adorkable at Platform 9 & 3/4space
CURRENTLY // singlespaces
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Oh my gosh, electives this year!' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ Hello again, friend of a friend, I knew you when
Our common goal was waiting for the world to end
ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceGypsy was half running, half skipping as she went through the barrier to the Platform. She was super excited for this year of school... she started electives this year, meaning she would get to take art. It wasn't quite as great as having her own studio at home, but it was still pretty cool. Once she was through the barrier, she tossed her pink locks over her shoulder and immediately peeled her eyes for any of her friends. She was really looking forward to getting to see everyone; she'd really missed them. Especially after she'd met Michael at the museum... running into him had made her realize how very long it'd been since the last time she'd seen Jer. She really needed to start writing people over the break... ah, well. She'd have to start that next year. It was a bit late now, after all. She'd have to make up for her silence this year... get into plenty of mischief. And, she'd decided that she'd rather liked making friends with the first years, adopting them. She wasn't sure why; she just found that she had enjoyed sort of taking Alex under her wing. She'd like to continue the tradition. Or establish it. After all, she'd only done it once before.

spaceShe felt movement on her back, and smirked as a face popped itself into her peripheral vision. Her parents had totally gone above and beyond for her... she'd always wanted to have a really unique pet, it was why she'd picked Amy instead of an owl or a cat. But at Hogwarts, even Pygmy Puffs weren't completely unique... but a sloth certainly was. She smirked and reached back to scratch him. They'd wanted to do something for Echo, too, but he'd not wanted anything super special... just an old-fashioned projector and some classic movie reels. Typical Echo. She couldn't help but feel that she'd definitely gotten the better end of that deal. The Ravenclaw reached back to scratch her new pet's head, and she giggled when he yawned. Amy chirped at her and she reached down and scratched her head, too, not wanting the little fluffball to feel left out or unloved. She didn't love Amy any less, after all.

ஒ ஒ ஒ Now that the truth is just a rule that you can bend
                                                          You crack the whip, shape-shift and trick the past again.
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 7:38 pm
Holy water cannot help you now
A thousand armies couldn't keep me out
I don't want your money, I don't want your crown
See, I've come to burn your kingdom down
Holy water cannot help you now
See, I've come to burn your kingdom down
And no rivers and no lakes can put the fire out
I'm gonna raise the stakes, I'm gonna smoke you out

MARINA EUGENIE ALDRED

PROUD HALFBLOOD SLYTHERIN
SEVENTH YEAR PREFECT AND HEAD GIRL
BRITISH YOUTH REPRESENTATIVE TO THE WIZENGAMOT
User Image
Seven devils all around you: Calm | Seven devils in your house: There he is... | See, you were dead when you woke up this morning: Damien | And you'll be dead before the day is done: Platform 9 and 3/4

Marina had apparated onto a backstreet near the station, and then walked in like a normal person, joining the throng of people hurrying to get to their stations. She crossed through the barrier with practiced ease, pushing her trolley with her school trunk, decorated with faded stickers and some childish marker writing barely visible that declared it property of one Marina E. Aldred, and navigated the mass of students on the platform. She was so old, she suddenly realized as she skirted a giggling, gossiping group of second years. She was 17. An adult, while they were all still children. This was her very last year at Hogwarts. It'd been her home for so long... she'd have to make a new home. Hopefully with Damien, because it wouldn't be a home, not if he wasn't there, and her brown eyes sought out her boyfriend. She spotted him, already in his uniform as usual. Today marked their third year together. That really wasn't very long. Well, it was ages compared to most teenage couples, and she felt like she'd always been with him. She made her way over to him with a small wave. "Hello, Head Boy," she teased, letting go of her trolley and wrapping her arms around him in a hug, finding his mouth with hers for a moment. They were Head Boy and Head Girl now, and that meant even more responsibility than prefects, which meant they'd have to be even more mature and good role models...ugh. She didn't want to set an example, she wanted to snog her boyfriend senseless, but there were probably a bunch of kids staring at them right now, anyways. Two Slytherins, in charge of the school? Oh, that'd wind people right up.

Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.

Cara MiaKitty

And now all your love will be exorcised
And we will find your sayings to be paradox
And it's an even sum, it's a melody
It's a battle cry, it's a symphony
They can keep me out, 'til I tear the walls
'Til I take your heart, and I take your soul
For what has been done, cannot be undone
In the evil's heart, in the evil's soul

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:21 pm
User Image
▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █

Rory went straight through the platform and avoided having her mouth drop at the sight in front of her. She still thought they could have chosen a different place but it was still rather cool looking. Her eyes looked around at all the adults, kids, and teens milling around until she saw one with...pink hair. Finally, someone normal looking! With a grin she began pushing her trolly towards the train wondering how she would get her things up there, where she would sit, would anyone help her, and what was she really supposed to do? Not even at school and she was five types of confused! She looked at her black kitten who was hanging out in his cage on top of everything and gave him a soft scratch behind the ear. "Well at leas' yer comfortable." she said with a wry grin.

==== ☠ ====

I give it all my oxygen
So let the flames begin
So let the flames begin
Oh glory, oh glory

Wearing
Where am I~Platform 9 3/4
Who's here~A lot of friggin people
Now what do I do?

This is how we'll dance when
When they try to take us down
This is what will be, oh glory

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 8:51 pm
User Image
Damien is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Scholarly in Platform 9 & 3/4space
CURRENTLY // loving Marina Aldredspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Marinaspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Calmspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'One more year of school...' spacespac

∳ ∳ ∳ The strands in your eyes that color them wonderful stop me and steal my breath.
And emeralds from mountains thrust towards the sky, never revealing their depth.
∳ ∳ ∳

spaceDamien caught sight of her just as her hand went into the air, and his face broke into a wide grin as his hands slipped from his pockets to wrap around her. Her words made his head fall back and his expression grew exasperated, though he was still grinning. "Ugh. Don't remind me. Being prefect was bad enough. We have to set an example now," he said, his tone making it sound like this was the most awful thing he could imagine. He looked back at her, smiling. "And before you say it, yes, I know we've been prefects since fifth year. Shush." He chuckled a bit, knowing it'd likely just been on the tip o her tongue. In all honesty, though, he wasn't entirely sure how he'd managed to be selected... he'd not really shirked his duties as prefect per say, but he hadn't gone above and beyond. He'd always waited for Eretria to take care of the first years if possible, he didn't talk to the first years... well, he supposed he did, but not much! Actually... he realized he might've actually earned this. Well, bollocks. That meant he had to actually be good at it... damn.

spaceHe gave Marina a light kiss on the lips, more annoyed about the fact that he needed to be role model right now than he thought he would be for the rest of the year. After all, aside from a couple of dates and... that day, he hadn't seen her almost all Summer, and now this was their anniversary. He wanted the two of them to board the train, get a compartment alone, and celebrate. Privately. But, he doubted they could really... after all, you never knew when a first year was going to pop their head in looking for help. Thus far they'd been lucky, but he had a feeling this was the year. He sighed. "We're going to have to hunt down one of the empty classrooms and lock the door," he told her, smirking. "Don't want to set a bad example." His expression turned a bit devilish, and he winked at her. He was hoping she'd blush. He was quickly running out of things that managed to get her to flush... she was getting used to all of it.

∳ ∳ ∳ I'll be your crying shoulder, I'll be love's suicide
                                                          I'll be better when I'm older, I'll be the greatest fan of your life.
                                                          ∳ ∳ ∳

User Image

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:14 pm
User Image

ஒ ஒ ஒ

spaceGypsy was watching the crowd, looking for any of her friends, when she felt eyes on her. She turned in time to see a younger girl with red hair looking away and moving closer to the train. Gypsy grinned; she didn't recognize the girl, so she was almost certainly a first year. Excellent. The third year made sure that Sir Arthur was clinging properly before pushing her own trolley after the girl. She very purposefully pulled up on the girl's left side so that she would see the sloth on her shoulder, a small smirk forming. She stood there for a second, then glanced at the girl. "First year?" she asked, offering her most dazzling smile. Art chose that moment to yawn again, and stretched himself out a bit on her shoulder, as if in an effort to look extra cute. She reached up and pet his head again. "I'm Gypsy Lovette, third year Ravenclaw. Love your hair," she told her, tossing her own pink locks over her shoulder as if to draw attention. As if she needed to; she did tend to stand out, a fact she enjoyed thoroughly.

ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

Mizuki226

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:39 pm
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor's dour expression, considerably lightened up when he saw everyone. Some he knew, some he didn't....This was just the new year! Nothing would go wrong this year! He would make sure of that. There was going to be no incidents...besides, if there were some. Victor could rely on Terren or Del to help him through it.
His face warmed some at the thought of Del and he giggled, if he was sad or down...thinking of Del made him feel happier. Though...he knew why, but...did Del feel the same way?

Sighing some he strolled through the platform until he saw a familiar face, which threw the doubts out of his head, to be pre-occupied with something else.

Was...Was that Ronna?

She certainly changed over the summer.

...Though she seemed rather upset right now, or just moody. It was hard to tell from this distance. Not seeing anyone else he could conceivably talk to, Victor nodded and strolled over to the Gryffindor, "Bonjour Ronna~" He greeted happily, believing to put his best face forward and try to cheer her up, "Why ze...Long face, hm?"

That was a good way to start a conversation, right?

I feel happy you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Wonder what's wrong?"
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud third year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:45 pm
User Image
▂▂ ▃ ▄ ▅ ▆ ▇ █

Rory turned at the sound of another female's voice and could only raise an eyebrow at the brilliant smile being shot towards her. She couldn't say she would trust such a smile but she didn't have anyone else to talk to did she? "Yeah, I'm...is tha' a sloth?" she asked randomly looking up at her shoulder to see the lazing animal. Blinking away from the animal she remembered that she was supposed to be introducing herself. "Righ' yeah, I'm Rory Bolan, firs' year somethin' or other. An' thanks, yer's is wicked as well." she replied chuckling lightly at the hair flip. Rory then blinked when she realized she had given her true name and not one made up from when she goes into public but shook her head. She didn't think anyone magical would actually recognize the name Bolan and if they did they wouldn't connect it to her father.
Cara MiaKitty

==== ☠ ====

I give it all my oxygen
So let the flames begin
So let the flames begin
Oh glory, oh glory

Wearing
Where am I~Platform 9 3/4
Who's here~Gypsy Lovette
Sloths are allowed?!

This is how we'll dance when
When they try to take us down
This is what will be, oh glory

EmrysStorm

Mind-boggling Celebrator

1,600 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 9:51 pm
User Image

User Image
"Broken glass,
shattered shards.
As my sweet relents,
my bitter comes forth.
Prepare for the end."

Claire opened her eyes, once she felt she was safe and sound on the other side. This....was normal. Everything was normal and fine. She could do this. All she had to do was bury her troubles, pretend they didn't exist. Lie to her very self about it. Taking a couple of breaths to gather herself she strolled along the platform. It seemed Victor had run off after....who was she again? Some...Gryffindor that ruffled some feathers?

Then again...Just from attending last year, the whole house of Gryffindor was a huge mess. They made Slytherin seem rather pleasant by comparison. Claire idly wondered how this year would go, this would be a perfectly fine year....right?

As long as you ignore your bitter hatred of Victor, your dead father, your missing eye...your general aura of being a complete and utter brat.

Claire frowned some, she wasn't a brat. She...She was poised and everything was fine. She didn't need to worry about anything until she was done with the year. Mulling over her thoughts and inner turmoil, Claire blinked as she felt something land with a thud and noticed that all her luggage had fallen off the carrier. ....Did....did she just fade out again? When did that happen?

Noticing a certain bound scrapbook, she gasped and picked it up, placing it at the bottom of the carrier. No one needed to see that! ...That...That was for Josh! No way would she let anyone else see it.

Taking another deep breath, Claire concentrated, she needed to block out the voice she heard. She needed to just....take a moment. when she felt she was safe and fully in control, she bent down and started to pick up her fallen luggage.

...This was a pain.

My feelings? I'm annoyed you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Stupid voice...stupid luggage....Just....Ugh!"
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:18 pm
User Image
[O.o.C:]
Ila gasped as she stone wall gave way to open air, filled with steam and voices. She gripped loosened on the trolley and she found her crumpled on the solid stone floor. Or did it just seem solid? For a moment she paused on the ground tapping it lightly. Seemed solid enough. Glancing up, she found her viewed mostly blocked by an odd sight. Clocked and robed figured fleeted around the platform, casting shadows upon her as they chatted, pushed trolleys and argued over seats.

"Love? You all right? Need help getting up?"

Ila looked up to find her father crouching down before her, worry on his face. She stared at him, wondering how he can handle that so calmly. They'd just walked through a solid wall or had they? Stumbling to her feet (with slight assistance from her dad), Ila turned to look at where they had come to find an wrought iron archway with the words "Platform 9 and 3/4" on it. She blinked.

"Bloody hell." she whispered. Under all the clatter and noise she could hear her father tsk at her words. But they felt suited for the moment. As she stood and watched other appeared in the archway. Pushing trolleys with various fowl and felines upon them, a few with other creatures she hadn't been aware they could bring. Turning she took in the scarlet steam engine, belting out bright white clouds of steam upon the upon the stone platform. Car doors were open and students were struggling to put up their trunks, while others wrestled their on to the train itself.

"You ready to find a good seat or are you just going to stare all day?" her father asked, a chuckle laced with his words. It snapped her out of her daze, turning towards him with a scowl, but before she could correct him on mocking her he simply chuckled and walked off down the Platform. She trialed after, her head turning this way and that trying to catch as much of the scene as possible. It wasn't like Diagon Alley with all it's oddities and trinkets, filled with things that would take her years to understand. Yet these people, students and the like, were going to be her classmates. Possible even friends. She wrapped her arms around her. Her overly long sweater sleeves sticking out under her armpits. She forced her head down, not wanting any of them to look at her. She wasn't pretty and non-pretty people don't make friend. So she figured it'd be best to hide her face in till they got to school. Then maybe she could find a spell or something to make her pretty. There hadn't been anything in her school books, but there had to be something like a Library at the school, right?

She was so taken up with her thoughts that she nearly lost track of her father. Luckily, she pulled out just in time to notice that she had walked past his struggling form. He was pushing her trunk into a carriage. She hurried over and helped him put up the rest. Yet he held on to one, which he handed to her when they had finished. "Love? I know you're worried, but there is nothing to fear-"
"But fear itself." she finished and he nodded.
"We'll send you an owl, but try to remember to write us too. Now before I go -and yes, I must go. You know this -"

"Yes, but. . ." she glanced around at the other students and parents crowding the platform. There weren't many, but she could imagine the whole place packed with parents and guardians happily sending off their children. Her classmates. She squeeze her crossed arms tighter to her, as if cold.

"Love, now don't be like that. Here," her father handed her the brown package and one set of her black work robes. As she took them, he continued, "I understand that you are scared, but you need not be. You'll do fine. You've a bright mind, an inquisitive mind. You'll be sorted, make friends, and learn loads of new things. You just have to be confident and trust your instincts. Can you do that?"

"I'm not going to be promise the confidence, but I'll trust my instincts," she said in a small voice. Looking down at the brown paper package. Picking at one of the folds, she glanced up at her father. who smiled down at her and kissed her forehead.

"I'll be pleased with what I can get. Now, remember be good, try not to toss to many boring books out the windows and try to relax. You'll do great. Also I hope you like your gift. It a few things I thought you might like from Diagon Alley. Now give me a hug and a kiss." She did and then feeling forlorn and sad watched him disappear into the growing crowd. For a moment she simply sat in the train carriage looking down at the gift. Slowly she unwrapped it. Inside she found several items. One was a small silver suit of armor. For a moment she merely stared at it wondering what it could do before setting it aside and looking at the items. There were two box, one labelled "Air Quill" the other labelled "Rainbow Quill". She felt a bubble of excitement begin to grow as she placed those down and reached for the next item. It looked like a lantern, but didn't hold an candle (which she knew the wizarding world still used). She glanced down, she only saw a narrow book left. She glanced back up at the lantern, noticing the little tag which read "Everlasting Luminous Lantern: Hold me tight, Hold me right, and I shall light the dark for you.".
Placing that down, she picked up the last item, the narrow book. Opening it at a random page, she found herself reading about a charm to create smoke imagines. She was beaming as she quickly flipped through the book, then thinking quickly, pulled her shoulder bag from the top and stuff her new things inside along with work robes. Then she settled into her seat, legs crossed, wand tucked behind her ear reading newest book.

StudiousDemoness

Intellectual Shapeshifter

2,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Battle: Mage 100
  • Wall Street 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 10:23 pm
User Image

ஒ ஒ ஒ

spaceGypsy's eyes widened with excitement when Rory noticed Art, and her hair and eyes turned teal. She was super stoked to get to gush about her awesome pet. "Yes, it's a sloth! Totally awesome, right? His name's Sir Arthur. I call him Art for short. My parents got him for me," she announced, her words coming out a bit quickly. She reached for Art and picked him up from her shoulder, holding him in front of her. The small creature made an odd little noise, opening his eyes fulling to watch her. As soon as she was cradling him, though, he gave an odd sort of shrugging motion and snuggled. She held him out to the younger girl, smiling. "He loves it when you scratch his fat little belly. Go ahead!" To illustrate how much he enjoyed getting his belly scratched, she did so, smiling when he stretched out a bit and gave her the cutest look she could imagine. She giggled.

spaceWhen Rory gave her name, Gypsy blinked. That sounded familiar... why did it sound familiar? It wasn't a family name as far as she knew; she barely heard the compliment Rory had given her then-pink but now-teal hair because she was trying to figure it out. Then, it hit her. "Wait, oh my gosh, Bolan as in Bain Bolan as in the rockstar? That is sooooo cool!" she said, trying (and failing) not to gush and sound like some crazed fan. She couldn't help it, though! She absolutely loved his music. She loved a lot of music, really, but his was amazing. And that made Rory a muggleborn... awesome! She loved taking the muggleborns under her wing, helping them assimilate. It was like a calling to her! And now, she'd be helping a muggleborn who was also the daughter of one of her favorite rock stars! This was completely. Amazing!

ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games