Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:33 pm
Finnisa
Regardless of Finnisa's plans or opinions on right or wrong, the sight of another girl right out punching the egg suddenly made the situation sink in.

"...Fardles."

Zelaya
From where they stood beside Lucius, Zelaya felt a prickle of attention. Hmm? They looked about, spotting Imperio, taking a step half forward before halting. A brown...would probably also not suit her. They drew up short, though their gaze didn't waver from the brown.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:33 pm
User Image

Damon watched the mass chaos in shock and awe, there were so many dragons and so much violence it hurt his heart to see, but then there were the incredibly sweet dragons like the smallish green who would not hurt a fly even with the ravenous hatchling hunger abundant here.

He watched the bright bronze with sad eyes as he trolled along looking for his chosen, whoever had that majestic beast would be a lucky candidate indeed. How chivalrous and kind he was.

Damon stood patienty, perhaps one of these dragons was his? Perhaps one would take Reenav who stood near him.

I tried...

Damon blinked, wondering just where that thought had come from, it had a deep rich tone to it, like his own thoughts but in a different voice, his harper trained mind picking the differences clearly.

He looked down into whirling eyes as the bright bronze fell into his arms which he brought up to grasp him automatically.

I couldn't protect them all, my Damon, but please! Please believe in your Izdubath and next time we will rise to it together!

Tears sprang to Damon's eyes, this beautiful creature was his! So gallant, a warrior there never was before. He had done his best to protect everyone!

“My sweet boy, not to worry, they held their own, but I, I need you more. My best friend my lifemate, I have been so alone, and now I can't help but crow with joy now that you are here!” And crow he did.
“Izdubath!!!!” he called so that all would know him, Damon's PRIDE AND JOY.

He didn't notice the blood until some smeared on his hand. Aghast he screeched for a healer to attend them as he carefully wiped the wounds the green had made on the perfect bronze hide. “Scarred already little one,” he kissed the bronze snoot, caring not a whit who saw or who judged him. “You are amazing, I am so lucky.” He pulled the wedge shaped head closer and cried salty tears onto the brand new hide, careful to avoid the scratches.

I really did try to help them, but I sensed you needed me more as I needed you. the bronze nudged his riders arm gently. But I am so hungry right now I can't even think, but I know I love you my Damon.

“I love you too. Lets get you fed!” He attended the bronze's every whim during that first feeding, marveling at the shining presence in his mind like a pool of molten bronze swirling at his every thought. He had impressed a dragon! He wanted to dance for a week. And what a precious creature he had found too. Spectacular, wonderful, his. Forever.

He over saw the patching of the scratches taken by his bronze from the green who had been unable to deal with her situation. He didn't blame her, but he didn't like that anyone had caused his best friend any pain, that the sands had run with his ichor, and he had been unable to protect him.

It is I who must protect you.

“I beg to differ shorty.” He grinned as he stuffed the maw with more meat. He swore this bronze ate double what the browns did. “You are my charge as I am yours. Right now your awfully small to be calling the shots.” In truth the bronze was not small at all. Rather huge in fact for a baby. But he knew that Izdubath would understand.

He would never be alone again.

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:35 pm
It seemed that things were calming down a little bit, that some of the angrier dragons or more dramatic ones, in the case of that little bronze, were starting to Impress and leave the sands with their partners. A feeling of calm came over him as Rizdax watched dragon after dragon start to impress, things were looking up, but things were also looking down. Between Shar having a strong fist of his robes in her hand, now Zamistia had ahold of him and Nala was talking about healers.

Heaving a sigh he was about to try and speak when an even stronger hand grabbed him and spun him around out of the hands of all the girls around him. An older healer looked him up and down with a look of disgust and raised an eyebrow, "Think you're being brave? If you have a baby dragon out there and you pass out from blood loss it could go between and then where would you be?" A question, not a question, a deep desire boiled inside of him, one that he was going to beg for the healer to acknowledge. Just not yet, he wasn't that bad off just yet. Please.

But Rizdax was small for his eighteen turns and the healer was much taller and stronger than him, especially having lost so much blood. With absolutely no concern at all the healer lifted Riz up off his feet and physically carried him off, ignoring his growl of indignation for being manhandled as he tried to glance back at Shar with a request in his eyes. "Relax, if your baby dragon's here it'll find you at the healers station, stop being a fool." He only had a moment or two to slap one hand against the man's arm and point to Nimueh while the healer marched over and though the man rolled his eyes he dropped Rizdax beside the woman with no ceremony in that either and disappeared back onto the sands.

Wobbling on his feet at the suddenness of it all, the teenager looked Nim square in the eye and sat heavily at her feet. His eyes were a bit more wet than blood would allow for, but he refused to acknowledge it at the present, he'd been embarrassed enough just then.

SilverLutz
Whoops~!

Prism Shine
Feel free to scatter

magnadearel
Feel free to scatter

Sinders Path
Have a bloody kid. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Belia of Cozellath

There was so much panic out on those sands, Belia knew that it was the way things went, had watched so many of them that nothing was really a shock to her anymore no matter what happened. But a boy killed without a single ounce of remorse or care was rather sobering. Tizenia on the ground made her grind her teeth and Zamistia at least seemed safe for the time being, but Cozellath sent her a gentle touch. Her sister needed some support but neither could go on the sands of course.

You are stronger than you know lovely one, stand strong and think only good thoughts. It might be frightening now, but Tizenia is not going to die and your friends will be seen to, trust the healers of High Reaches, they won't let your friends die. Cozellath sent to her rider's most beloved sister, her voice gentle and a warm push of comfort following it. She was on her own at the moment, but she had friends around her, she would be fine.

Dea and #Teddy#

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:37 pm
Helane shook her hand, shells that hurt, and no cracks "sorry" she thought towards the occupant, looking around her, clearly she needed to rethink this, brute force wasn't going to cut it. "i don't think sitting will help" she said to the girl that offered that suggestion up. She felt another feeling, a beckoning one and shook her head clear, NO, she'd promised she would help this baby out of it's egg, she just needed to work out how.

She eyed Vetlana's stare "what?" she shrugged, "no one else had a suggestion and the baby needs to breathe"

"good idea, sharp claws?" she said to varinia, "but wouldn't the baby inside have asked one itself? it's clearly able to" she added, before wondering if there were any rocks on the Sands to hit the shell with, all it needed was some cracks in the shell then the baby should be able to claw it's way out "Maybe a rock.. or a knife, but a knife could cut the baby inside?" she didn't know what else do do "Im' trying little one" she thought at the egg

Andranis

faesinger

Nilah44

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:38 pm
Taibbi

Taibbi would have helped the egg which had requested it, but there were already several candidates doing exactly that, and she doubted she'd even be able to get close enough to reach, let alone help. Instead she stayed where she was, occasionally wiping sweat from her body to her robes, from which it then transferred back to her body. She felt so gross.

Her gaze returned to the blue dragon which had been making the rounds of the candidates. The one which had made her shudder earlier, right after all the violence, when she'd sicked up. She sent toward him a rueful, apologetic thought, just in case he'd taken offense. Then she looked back toward the green whose upset had started the whole unpleasant scene earlier, squinting to see what color her eyes were. If there was going to be a hissy fit because disproportionate attention was being paid to one egg, she wasn't going to be caught by surprise this time.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:40 pm
Thaliawen

((Sorry I missed Rhiyn's post earlier!))

When Ionan described Rhiyn's condition, Maddeck pursed his lips. Since he had moved away to go into the bronze's line-up, he was at least well enough to function. That was all any of the Candidates would want at this point anyway. But Maddeck did not have to like it. Patch jobs were often rather sloppy.

Maddeck guided them to the healer station off to the side. He thanked Ionan for his help. "Your friend should be fine. The injuries are severe but you are all young and strong, capable of healing quickly." He nodded when Ionan took his leave to join the others and the greeny bronze. He smiled down at Tizzy. "You're going to be all right. You'll be tired and sore for a while though, you know."

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Kahbrohm

"Well yours....it would have done right with you, I think," it was as close to a compliment as he could say, but he meant it, at least.

The second that call went out for help, Kahbrohm instinctively reached out to grab Dehka, knowing that if he hadn't, the boy would have marched right out of the hands of the healers and off towards whoever was asking. Fortunately, it seemed unnecessary as a fine sized herd was gathering around the egg instead.

Kahbrohm was a bit less compliant about being handled by a healer, however, listening to them 'tsk' over letting everything bleed so much and not coming back sooner. The front of the robe was obviously shredded, and underneath all of the blood...things looked worse than it had felt - perhaps the numbing effect of pain. So it was with a sour look, both brothers were huddled next to each other while the damage was assessed.

Sigh.

Tsunake

Tarnaria

"But we can't just let it suffocate in there!" She glanced at the adult dragons, some of which only watched. "I don't think the adults will help..." But WOULD a hatchling? Which one was most likely? Punching seemed just as good, though, and she gave a punch... Only to yank her hand back and shake it. "Shards that's hard..." Her bread-making hands were NOT made for punching egg shells!

ShinosBee

Revel1984

faesinger

Nilah44

Andranis

Sweet Kitten

15,000 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Grunny Grabber 50

Ryuthulhu

Golden Knight

15,750 Points
  • Spirit of the Smackdown! 100
  • Task Accomplished 100
  • Mystical Adversary 25
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:43 pm
Saekagi winced sympathetically at the failed punch, then muttered an sheepish.

"I... Let me try." And wound up to try and slam his elbow and part of his weight against the shell, hoping that it might actually work, AND might not follow through far enough to hit the baby dragon. Unless he slipped. Oh Faranth now he couldn't stop imagining slipping and falling onto the baby....  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:44 pm
You Can Fly! was wiggling even more excitedly, shell cracking slightly as an eye peeked out from the crack. Eager peeping could be heard within the shell as it rolled on the side.

----------

Friend Like Me slowly shifted, as thought the youngling inside was peacefully considering something...

--------------

Gryffindor seemed contented as Slytherin Impressed, trotting himself around the candidates. He was a protector, so awesome and cool, look at him! He'd pick His when he was ready. For now, he was watching.

------

Auror seemed curious about the children around Poor Unfortunate Souls, shifting to stand on the edge of the sands, watching, trilling in curiousity. Did her Cousin need help?  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Revel1984

Friendly Shapeshifter

16,200 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Rebel Spark 50
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:45 pm
Helane was impressed when another girl tried her tactic, "yeah hurts... but you're right we can't let it die... we have to help" she looked around again.

"A LITTLE HELP HERE PLEASE? SOMEONE, SOME DRAGON?!" she yelled, actually yelled, booming voice out, as she swung another punch in the same place she had before, not throwing her full force at it but a little stronger than the last time, aware of not wanting to follow through to the baby inside, even as another candidate tried a different way "That's it" she said to him, "we've gotta keep trying til someone else helps...

Andranis

Ryuthulhu

(she's loud .. very loud...)  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:46 pm
Finnisa
Oh, that was a way better idea. Through the building hysteria of her certain coming death (Fianth, Krah, or G'rdel? One of them would do it) she noticed Auror peeping their way. "It's stuck!" She called out to the green, as if it could understand. "Maybe...your claws?"

-_Wish of Tevarae_-
@Auror

ShinosBee

Nerd

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:47 pm
Rune - HR

Well, now people were clawing to get at a baby, and she? She couldn't really AGREE with that method. Wasn't this one of the things they weren't supposed to do? Huffing, she shifted on her leg. If the baby needed help, it could ask one of its siblings. She turned her attention back to the hatched ones.

Rhys - HR

Oh....That poor baby... He looked at Auror "Please....Go help?"  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:48 pm
Fianth
The golden queen had been watching her eggs closely. As more dragonets spilled onto the sands, she became aware of a growing and gathering crowd around one of them. Before she had an opportunity to do anything....

One of them punched the egg.

Eyes immediately turning red, the queen went from relatively quiet to terribly upset. Wings flaring, the queen bugled her offense. How dare they be so insolent to her beloved children! GET AWAY FROM THE EGG! Teeth bared, the queen immediately moved to intervene. Faster than one might think possible, the gold was on her feet and over to the egg. She made sure not to step on any other eggs, and immediately began pulling the Candidates away from the egg with a clear snarl. It wasn't hard enough to hurt or wound, but with enough force for them to be pushed aside. Stop it. Stop it. STOP IT! The fools--all of them!

Hurriedly, she began to check over the egg, but most importantly, reached out to the being inside. My poor baby, are all you all right? She drew the egg over to her arms, nosing at it, chuffing, and her wings remained spread.

Krahsujunth! It was practically a command, her teeth still bared. Keep them away from all of them. Her children would hatch on their own time. But for now, the eggs were all off limits. She hissed warning again, still fussing over the hardened egg within. Let Mother help. She murmured sweetly to the egg continuing to nose it. It was awfully hard, but the baby within was alive.

No... she would figure out how to get them out of this conundrum. But the fools needed to retreat... at least for a few moments, lest face another round of wrath.

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 2:49 pm
Varinia

Varinia was not on board with this whole punching thing. And neither was mom dearest. As soon as Fianth came barreling towards them, she backed off as asked. "I'm sorry for our actions. We were trying to help like the egg asked us to, though some perhaps not in the right ways..." Varinia made sure she was well out of the golden hide of the momma.

Andranis

ShinosBee

Revel1984

faesinger

Ryuthulhu

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games