[IC] =Vashtya's Teepee= Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:08 pm
Youthful Misadventures at Midnight (Vytali + Hakumei)

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 9:08 pm
Vytali x Wind Gypsy

Cihiru
The heat of midday is long past, and the sun has already begun to dip below the horizon. Before long, it will disappear entirely, but for now the sweeping plains are bathed in the otherworldly glow of its receding light. Grassy stalks, green with a spring freshness that hasn't quite left them, sway lazily in the fading breeze, and one can hear the evening's last chirps drifting along with it. Soon, the avians will hole up for the night to come, and the chorus will die, with what wind there is following not long after, but for now, the evening is pleasantly welcoming.

The thunderous pound of galloping hooves breaks the calm stillness. Startled, a flock of birds takes wing and pushes through the forest canopy, and the woods fall into silence, save for that quick and unrelenting rhythm. The equine's breaths come heavily, with an almost tired raggedness; it must have been running for quite some time before now. One must wonder why, though - it has wings, tucked snugly against its sides, and quite obviously not in use... but the alarm in its aqua eyes suggests it's not running for pleasure.

It stops, finally, settling along the edge of a babbling stream with great breaths of air. Lifting its horned head - or her head, one can see now, despite her surprisingly great size - she surveys the area, testing the increasingly still air for signs of her pursuer. When she finds none, she lowers it, extends a wing, and turns her muzzle to inspect it.

A splotch of blood dampens her side where the wing had been pressed against it, left behind by what seems to be a tear in the muscle. It's deep enough to look quite painful - this must be the reason she had been running, and not flying - but she does not wince or cower. She just dips her head, tipping her golden horn toward the wound amidst her tattered feathers, her eyes closing in concentration. A warm glow emits from it, faintly at first, with increasing intensity.
Vashtya
Vytali was enjoying a rare quiet moment, munching idly on some sweet grasses. He might be a quarter kalona, but he'd never had the urge to eat meat. He did, however, have a particularly strong sense of smell, especially in regards to things like blood. Nostrils quivering, he made his way towards the sharp, metallic scent, pace unhurried. If the creature was mortally wounded, his presence wouldn't change its passing, one way or the other.

Coming up out've a small dip in the otherwise flat landscape, Vyt stopped, completely taken aback by what he saw--he'd found where the smell of blood was coming from, but he'd never seen anything like the mare's own glowing horn. In fact, he didn't think he'd ever even heard of such a thing! He didn't like to think of himself as easily impressed, but that was downright amazing.

Making his way closer, he couldn't help but notice the light get brighter, and as it did so, the smell of fresh blood grew a little bit weaker. Very interesting.

"How do you do that?" It wasn't his most clever of questions, but he really wasn't overly concerned with how clever she thought she was--and besides, unless she'd noticed his approach, she'd probably jump at the sound of his voice.
Cihiru
This mare is no unicorn, and for her, the task is not a simple one. A great deal of her depleted energy must be dedicated to it, and she knows she cannot afford to be caught by danger in a state of such delicacy. Despite her precise focus, she is alert, and her ears are quivering with the nervousness of an equine recently alarmed.

Moments pass. The wound has begun to mend at its base, repairing bloody tears as the glow brightens. Her breaths have finally started resembling normalcy, but her eyes are still closed, and her brows knit in what one may assume to be increasing effort. Even as steps near what is temporarily her clearing by the river, they do not open. Those are not the footfalls of a predator, and she can't spare their owner her attention.

An ear twists toward the voice as it breaks her solitude. "Excuse me a moment," she replies, her expression unchanging, but her voice as smooth and politely cordial as one would expect from a creature so young and kind-looking as she.

The mare persists with her task, tending to it until the muscle has healed, and skin once again closes over it. Her feathers are still ragged, and no doubt she will be land-bound for a while, but she could have been worse for wear. All things considered, it really ended rather well.

She's left her new company in silence far longer than properness allows, though. Embarrassed, she finally turns her eyes on him, her expression full of apologetic sincerity. "I hope you'll forgive me if I'm not quite certain how to answer your question. I'm afraid it would be akin to describing flight to one without wings," she answers, dipping her head in apology.
Vashtya
Shutting his mouth, Vytali watched her finish, eyes narrowed with concentration as he tried to figure it out--he wasn't used to being unable to do something. While he'd never be so easily won over as to be awed by it, he had to confess, even if only to himself, that it was a skill that was...rather impressive.

"That makes sense, I suppose." Shaking his head, he studied her a bit more closely. She was winged, and had what appeared to be patches of scales covering parts of her body--he'd never seen a soquili with scales before, and her wings were feathered, like his mother's.

After waiting for a moment for her to explain what had caused the injury to begin with, he cocked his head to the side, eyes glinting with mischief, anticipating an awkward response. "Lose a fight?"
Cihiru
Healing is a sensation beyond words, and truthfully, she doubts she could have managed it. But he doesn't press for explanation, and that is a realization she can take with sincere relief.

Having determined as much, she turns to regard him, her eyes curious, and her head tucked with the faintest hint of reservation. "My name is Wind Gypsy, by the way," she says after a moment's pause, offering it before she recounts her tale.

"And no, I wouldn't say as much." Shifting elegantly, the mare tucks her wing to her side, brushing it - and the tattered feathers - out of sight. "A few wolves thought to make a meal of a foal," she adds, frowning in distaste. Clearly, Windy is no believer in survival of the fittest. She is a mare of considerable size and build, paying tribute to her draft heritage, and it seems she has no qualms with using it to protect her own.

"As for you, sir?" She gives him a kind, but shy smile. It's the warm sort of smile one knows is hiding something more. "What brings you to this humble stream?"
Vashtya
"Vytali." He replies, eyeing her curiously. She seems unperturbed--an unusual reaction, and not quite what he was expecting. However, aside from a quick, almost unnoticeable blink, his expression remains open, and somewhat amused.

However, as she describes the scene, his eyes narrow slightly. It would be hard to notice, unless one knew him well. "What possessed you to do that?" He struggled to keep his tone light, and unaffected--after all, it's not like he has any personal stake in the well-being of some youngster. He just wondered why someone would stop to risk their life for someone they didn't even know, that was all.

Shaking his head, as if to clear his mind, he recovered his equilibrium, shifting his wings in what could be interpreted as an equine shrug. "I spend a good deal of time wandering, and just happened to be passing by, as it happened."
Cihiru
"Vytali," she repeats with an acknowledging nod, but nothing more. There is no 'well met'. No bows. Not even words of polite, often false sincerity. She is a mare of her word, and of careful consideration - and far be it from her to offer judgment so lightly.

But she is also patient, and understanding, and affords his inquiry with an earnestness she feels it deserves. "Nothing possesses me, Vytali." Again, that soft, mysterious smile. "I did it because I feel it is right. As the wolves deserve to eat, so does a foal deserve to live." Briefly, she glances away from him, her eyes flicking toward the fish drifting in the stream. They seem so heedless... She wonders, do they feel compassion for each other, as she does for her kin?

No, likely not. Whether a lack of such 'foolishness' is above or below her, she doesn't know, but neither does she care. She knows it is right, and just, and she knows she should protect it whenever she's able.

"Would you not have wanted the same when you were young and helpless?" she queries at last, turning her eyes on him with the faintest hint of mischief.
Vashtya
Vytali paused, sharp riposte lost. It wasn't that he didn't understand compassion--but it wasn't an emotion he extended to any and all of his kind--there were very few he'd consider risking himself for. Aside from that, he tended to believe that nature had its own course...but, he supposed there might be an exception to that, too--he'd just had yet to find himself in such a situation.

However, he'd be lying if he said he didn't find her viewpoint a little on the strange side, to say the least. "Perhaps. But if the rescue hadn't gone smoothly, then there'd be two victims, rather than one." His tone was matter-of-fact, but his expression was faintly challenging--what would her response be?
Cihiru
She had expected as much from him. It's a caution she understands, and can even empathize with sometimes, but... "If, you say." Windy dips her head, casting him an ornery glance. "I will take my chances over living in fear of 'if's." Her tone is sincere enough though; there's no doubt of her earnestness.

"Besides," she says, snorting softly. "I won't speak for yours, but my conscience isn't so heedless I can watch calamity and choose to do nothing about it." She doesn't mean to challenge his morals, though - her tone is rather airy. Teasing, almost.
Vashtya
Vytali grinned, not at all offended--he was difficult to rebuke...and something about her tone made him uncertain it even had really been one. "Touche." He wasn't quite sure if she was youthfully foolish, or just incredibly noble...and to be honest, whichever it was, it amused him (and perhaps, just a little bit, he respected her for it.).

"But then," he started, a gleam of mischief appearing in his own eyes. "if one lives their life looking out for everyone suffering from a 'calamity', one would hardly have time to spare to live their own life...there's always going to be someone in trouble."
Cihiru
A draw is, of course, a mark in her favor. The mare returns his grin with a smile, belying her amusement in it. She's careful to measure it though, maintaining evenness in her expression, lest her humor cast doubt on her honesty.

"And what is it you propose one does to define her time as being 'lived for her own life'?" Whether this is jest, or curiosity is left to his imagination - her tone is surprisingly unhelpful.
Vashtya
Vytali simply grinned more widely. "You know," he began "things like finding a lifemate, raising foals...even, sometimes, just taking time to revel in the life you've been given--if you're always watching out for the well-being of anyone you come across, you'd never find time for those things." He looked at her sideways, expression almost coy as he waited to hear her response.
Cihiru
Truth be told, Windy does indeed have little opportunity for such affairs. She's never taken any real interest in them either, though, and that may be more fair an accusation. "Is that all?" she returns, feigning disappointment.

And yet, neither does she have any particular objection. She can admit, her family isn't so perfect as that; but she isn't so unromantic the idea doesn't appeal to her, should she actually take the time to consider it. "Vytali, what ever gave you the impression one can't do both?" The mare pauses briefly, but continues. "I must confess, though, I've yet to feel the desire to 'live my own life', judging by your suggestions." Not to say she's never enjoyed a moment, or done something just because she could - but reveling counts for only one of his points, and it sounds more fitting this way. "Do you take your own advice?"
Vashtya
Raising an eyebrow, Vyt stared at her a moment. Hadn't she been listening to him? "You were the one who stated that you couldn't watch calamity and choose to do nothing about it--the point I was making," He was looking just a little smug, at this point, "is that there's always going to be someone suffering 'calamity'..so no, it's not really possible to live your life in that fashion and still balance a full one of your own." he shrugged. For someone who was so impassive about a lot of things, he was surprisingly full of opinions, on this particular subject.

"And yes, I do--while I've not settled down yet, or found someone I could bear alongside me the rest of my life, I most assuredly live the life I please." This said with an almost rueful grin--he realized, even acknowledged that he was somewhat self-centered...but then, there was no one at that time, aside from perhaps his family, who he had any desire to assign importance to.
Cihiru
She smiles at him, unperturbed - a curiously patient, amused, and mischievous expression. "And if that is the way one desires to live her life? If she considers it 'full'?" The mare cants her head ever so slightly, her thick forelock sweeping across one eye.

"But yes, I did. I did not, however, say I go looking for it... I'm not so selflessly noble." This is perhaps not a point she's especially proud to admit, lover of justice that she is, but she doesn't look regretful either. Like it's something she sees as inevitable, and understands it well enough to take comfort in it. Seeming like the sort to enjoy who she is - though not without striving for betterment - it isn't particularly surprising.

"You're no picture of your suggestions either," she teases, grinning more openly. "Only bear, though? You don't make your expectations sound like much. And I'm curious," the draft adds, settling back into sincere serenity. "What is it you consider qualifying as 'living the life you please'?"
Vashtya
Vytali laughed outright, shaking his head. "Perhaps. But while I'd agree that everyone has different interests, and even values, I'd still argue that there's a degree of selflessness that becomes unhealthy." This said with a shrug, his usual nonchalance showing through.

He did, however, incline his head as she continued, acknowledging that she'd made her point, as well.

When she switched, teasingly bringing up his own description, he chuckled. "Well, I mean, as long as she provides me with healthy foals..." he trailed off mischieviously, turquoise eyes glinting with a healthy sense of mischief.
Cihiru
"I suspect self interest - and health - aren't particularly the intention in selflessness," she reminds, her tone unabashedly humored. The mare does comprehend his sentiments, and doesn't really even disagree with him, but she does feel pushing too far in the opposite direction can be unhealthy too, if not even more damaging. Still, she can respect other values, including his.

She returns the gesture with a subtle, elegant nod, moving amicably onto the remark which follows.

"You will tolerate her if she bears you healthy foals?" Windy reiterates the statement with a generous dose of amusement, and the faintest hint of teasing disbelief; her ears flick backward to accentuate it. "Either your aims aren't as low as you enjoy letting on, or you're looking in all the wrong places."
Vashtya
Vytali concedes defeat, his easy, arrogantly amused expression giving way to genuine amusement as he laughs uproariously-a rarity, for a stallion who usually deigns only to chuckle, or snicker.

"Indeed, I'd imagine you're right." Still chortling, he shook his head. As she continues, his expression slides easily into one of sly amusement. "What's so unreasonable about that? Healthy foals are an important part of life!" His expression was hard to read, a convincing look of fervent belief ruined only by the barest hint of amusement in his gaze.

Really, if that were all that he was looking for in a mare, he'd have foals underfoot all over the place.

"And what about you? Don't you have any desire to eventually have foals of your own?"
Cihiru
Laughter is infectious, even to her reigned composure; she doesn't bother trying to bury her bright, genuine smile. It'd almost be a shame to, anyway - it's the serene sort of smile that could lighten even a dreary day.

"Nothing at all! They are." The mare's expression sobers to something more closely resembling seriousness, but really, it's a line quite near to jesting she walks. "I take more exception to your insistence you will 'bear a mare alongside you' in exchange," she adds, erring nearer toward teasing. "You must admit, it's quite a difficult claim to believe - surely you've made numerous acquaintances suitable to such humble expectations." Like his, her sentiments would prove difficult to interpret. She sounds quite genuine, but there's an impish shadow in her grin.

"To be entirely honest with you," she starts, putting gentle, subtle emphasis on the point, if only to tease him. "Foals of my own are not a prospect I've spent much time considering. I'd like to say I'm much too young, but really, I suppose I've just been more concerned with taking life as it comes, one step at a time. Eventually, though?" For a moment, she almost seems sincerely contemplative. Whether or not she really is... Well, his guess is as good as any. "Of course I have some desire."
Vashtya
Quirking an eyebrow, Vytali feigned a look of thoughtfulness, before leaning close, so that he was almost whispering in her ear. "Well, you know, any stallion worth his salt doesn't kiss and tell, so to speak~" he grinned, his expression both open, and oddly unforthcoming.

Raising his head, so that he wasn't leaning in quite so close, his expression shifted into a slightly more serious cast, as she continued. "That's fair enough, I suppose." As she finished, however, his eyes gleamed once again. "However, if that was an invitation..." He waggled his eyebrows mischieviously, his tone vaguely suggestive.
Cihiru
"Of course not," she tells him, unflinching in the face of his near vicinity. She's not a shy, nor a skittish mare, and her still-comfortable posture shows it. "But neither would I hope he's so ashamed of her, he'd lie about it." Windy seems rather amused to have to say it; she's making no effort to act as if she's actually taking him seriously... Even though her words are true enough.

His, however... She's tempted by an outright laugh, but buries it behind another grin. "If it were," the paint starts, settling into genuine honesty. "There would be no 'if'. You would know." But she still has teasing in her tone.
Vashtya
Shaking his head, Vytali just grinned. "I suppose that's fair enough," he finally said, after a moment. "But in defense, everyone makes mistakes~" he continued, making little effort to hide the teasing note.

At her final remark, he raises an eyebrow, expression showing a hint of surprise, although it's quickly buried in a broadening grin. "Oh really? Should I take that as an indication that my wooing needs work?" His visage was schooled into a carefully innocent expression, as he looked at her with a mock look of concern.
Cihiru
"They do," the mare concedes, passing him a mildly questioning glance, but says nothing further. There is perhaps an edge to her tone, teasingly suggesting 'I don't,' but she doesn't press it. Truly, she's no picture of perfection either - even in jest!

Windy allows herself a hint of surprise, her ears perking forward. "If you're trying to woo me..." she starts, gently, but earnestly. "Then yes." No longer does she bother holding the amusement from her tone; she finishes with a quite amused grin. "I really had no idea... Though, admittedly, that may be more a fault against me than it is against you. I have little experience with it, you know." She smiles politely, suggesting, of course, he does.
Vashtya
Had Vytali been a more demonstrative sort, he'd have been howling with laughter. As it was, his mock-innocent expression melted seamlessly into a mischievious grin, winking impishly in Windy's direction.

"Well, that puts me firmly in my place," he said, laughing to indicate his lack of offense. "However, for one who's unused to being wooed, you seem remarkably at ease." he continued, his own tone teasing, now.
Cihiru
His first remark is one she mildly overlooks - wink included - not because she means any harm in ignoring him, but because... Well, she worries her response would do worse.

Instead, she settles into genuine honesty, reimbursing her cordial expression. "Is there a reason I shouldn't be?" She seems rather unfamiliar with, but open to the prospect; and that, at least, is probably safe to take at face value. "I did say I try to deal with things as they come... Wooing included." Again, she smiles. "Though, I had been unaware I was being wooed."
Vashtya
Somewhat surprised, even refreshed by her straightforwardness, Vytali stops, blinking for a moment. "No, but it's certainly not the typical response," he paused, hesitating slightly--after all, he was obnoxious at times, but not necessarily malicious.

Finally, he grinned, his expression rueful as he shook his head. She made it difficult to simply flirt without intent--something that came as naturally to him as breathing.

"Then I wouldn't worry about it," he finally said, an amused undercurrent to the words. It felt somewhat strange, to decide what to say without continuing to flirt outrageously.

"So what else do you do, when not rescuing foals in distress?" he asked, his tone actually expressing a genuine interest--something a bit unusual, for him.
Cihiru
While it wouldn't be entirely fair to say spontaneity is her goal in life, she does find a certain enjoyment in being unpredictable, and in bringing a pleasant sort of surprise to others. It's... endearing; his unsuspecting pause is no exception. "I never claimed to be typical," she tells him, smiling pleasantly. "Although, if there's no reason not to be at ease, one must wonder why it isn't."

Nevertheless, she takes just as easily to his change in tone. "I worry about very little," Windy says, her reply sounding part confession, part assurance, and entirely honest. She is a mare of the moment, concerning herself with little more than integrity and honor.

"Really, I'd like to know the answer to that myself." Spreading her great wings, ignoring their tattered feathers for a moment, the alicorn smiles wistfully. "I suppose I do what the wind wills of me," she answers finally. It seems now she might be a fleeting spirit - difficult to tie down, but compassionate and loving - with her heart tugged in two directions.

"What about yourself, Vytali? What is it you do to pass the time?" When spending it other than chasing mares, her tone seems to tease.
Vashtya
Vyt grinned, inclining his head to acknowledge her point. Her stance really doesn't differ all that much from his own--except for his strong attachment to 'home'...it's the place he always returns to, despite his many wanderings.

Snapping out of his musings at her next question, he gives her a coy grin, tossing his head before answering. "Oh, you know...this and that..." he begins, smirking again before continuing, a little more seriously.

"I wander a fair bit--there's a lot out there to see, and while I'm still quite attached to my family," this said with a wry grin, "I still enjoy getting out, and wandering to places I've not yet been." It was more of a restlessness, on his part, like there was something missing, but he'd yet to figure out what it was.
Cihiru
In honesty, the mare has never much had a 'home'. Certainly, she has family; two siblings her own age, and both parents, too! It's not that she doesn't love them - they say home is where the heart is - but her relationship with them is... unique, to say the least. Her mother always had been something of a sprite; mysterious, and impossible to capture. And her father... Well, his relationship with Mother was something she's long ago come to recognize as abnormal, and he was always something of an on again, off again presence. She's learned not to attach herself too closely to others, and perhaps, to places too.

"Is that so?" she asks him, ever smiling. "And what is it you've seen on your wanderings?" This is, perhaps, part challenge, and part curiosity. Windy's done a fair bit of traveling herself, having lived her life largely on the move, but she has no doubt she's yet to see everything, even in their small corner of the world.
Vashtya
Vyt raised an eyebrow at her. Just what sort of an answer was she looking for? After all, given how much one saw on any given day, there was no way that she expected him to sum up everything he'd ever seen.

With a vaguely mischievious grin, he shrugged. "Enough to know there's more out there, but also enough to know that there's too much to ever even come close to seeing in a lifetime," he said it cryptically, looking somewhat smug--he knew his response was vague, but given that he didn't really wander in response to curiosity as to what the world had to offer, so much as because there was something intangible lacking, that he couldn't quite place, he thought it was fitting enough.

"And what," he continued "of you? Do you have anywhere that you call home, or are you constantly moving, always looking for good deeds to perform?" he said this lightly, obviously unable to resist poking at least a little fun.

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 8:26 pm
Youthful Encounter (Espiridion + Fenghuang)

PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:22 am
Antlers and Patterns (Espiridion + Marut)

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Oct 06, 2008 3:43 pm
What's in a Family? (Solange + Roma + Forte)

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2008 4:40 pm
Mid-afternoon Distraction (Czarina + Alessia)

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2008 1:11 pm
User Image

He stirred, near-forgotten consciousnes returning, sentience trickling back into being. He was ageless, as ancient as time itself...as sentience itself. For with thought came desire, and with desire, temptation. And yet he was not old--would likely never be 'old' as most would define it. The woodland around him was stark, leaves already fallen in preparation of the cold weather ahead, and yet the leaves that clung to his pelt remained green, lush and healthy, as though they were independent of the cycle of the seasons.

Breathing deeply, Tasnim opened his eyes, lifting his wings free from the vines that clung to him, testing them leisurely before allowing them to settle comfortably at his sides once again.

Shiftless, with no forbidden garden to yet wander, he was free-flowing, as the water, with no container to restrict him. Unhurried, he moved, large cloven hooves leaving deep imprints as he lifted them free of their resting places, every movement unrushed, and imbued with an easy sort of grace that implied that he moved slowly not by force, but as though he savored the feel of his muscles moving once again, after being sedentary for so long.

He knew not where tomorrow would take him, but as a gentle, if chill autumn breeze rustled through the thick foliage that wound atop his body, he couldn't help but think that today was good. As he disappeared from sight, a solitary butterfly rose into the air. Hanging suspended for a moment, as if confused, it then darted off in the direction the stallion had gone, leaving nothing behind to indicate his presence, save for four hoof-shaped impressions, deep in the hard-packed earth.

PostPosted: Sun Nov 09, 2008 9:32 am
Autumnal Frivolity (Tasnim + Elysium)

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Mon Nov 10, 2008 7:53 am
A Practice in Temptation (Tasnim + Puchi Puri)

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 7:39 am
Winter's First Snow (Tasnim + Bella Lillian)

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Fri Jan 02, 2009 9:09 am
Two Kinds of Predators (Cu Sith + Temptation)

PostPosted: Sun Jan 18, 2009 11:15 pm
A Chill Meeting (Us'kali Galu'nadi + Djamila)

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sun Aug 23, 2009 1:23 am
Tangled in Darkness (Eleonora + Cloud)

PostPosted: Wed Sep 15, 2010 5:31 pm
A Silent Endeavor (Tasnim + Leonid)

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

Vashtya

Tipsy Hoarder

PostPosted: Sat Apr 20, 2013 12:20 am
[[I'll fill this with a solo of some kind later, but for now...just wanting to get my teepee to where it's easier to find >_> ]]  
Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff