Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
to vote or not to vote, that is the question! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

D: actually truth is Im just really lazy and I dont want to go..
  : / that is SOOOO un-American of you... oh wait D: ....
View Results

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 1:39 am

Pink type or someone, or someones...

~Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 7:38 am
Okay, now for pwnage time.

I was originally rooting for Edwards. He dropped out. I ish sad! Now I think i like McCain and Obama.

@Arianna- People say America isn't ready for a female president because AMERICAN WOMEN like you are walking around making uneducated, anti-feminist remarks such as the ones you're filling this thread up with. Maybe if you could get it out of your head that women have to be the providers and that men and women are chemically different (which they are, but that makes NO DIFFERENCE ON THIS TOPIC), people would say "hey, america can TOTALLY have a female president!"

And also, regardless of the fact that America is going through a phase where we ARE becoming increasingly sexual, most people are not going to look for a Female leader who has these qualities. And i don't think a slut is going to be running for president, because if she's a slut, her aim is to get sex and not to be president. People Hilary's age aren't slutty because they want to get anywhere in life. They do it for sex. People my age are slutty because they don't know any better and they think it will be advantageous to them socially, in work, et cetera. THEREFORE: A woman who is running for president knows what she wants, and cannot be slutty because she does not need to be slutty except if she wants sex.  

MonsieurSponge

Arianna Reece

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 3:48 pm
I like Obama and McCain. McCain slighty more, but Obama's pretty close. And I am not currently filling up the thread with nonsense. I took a few days of vacation from it. After all, I've been dubbed the "troll" of this place.

Rawr :3

It would be more fun if this were Halloween-time. I think Hilary is quite respectable. And yes, America is fully capable of having a female leader, and I figure we will at some point or another. Maybe more female rights movements will start up again. Bra burning. Classic.

We can build a fire and roast marshmallows. That actually does sound good. I've never had s'mores before. Are they good?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:01 am
EggaxSponge

I was originally rooting for Edwards. He dropped out. I ish sad! Now I think i like McCain and Obama.

@Arianna- People say America isn't ready for a female president because AMERICAN WOMEN like you are walking around making uneducated, anti-feminist remarks such as the ones you're filling this thread up with. Maybe if you could get it out of your head that women have to be the providers and that men and women are chemically different (which they are, but that makes NO DIFFERENCE ON THIS TOPIC), people would say "hey, america can TOTALLY have a female president!"

And also, regardless of the fact that America is going through a phase where we ARE becoming increasingly sexual, most people are not going to look for a Female leader who has these qualities. And i don't think a slut is going to be running for president, because if she's a slut, her aim is to get sex and not to be president. People Hilary's age aren't slutty because they want to get anywhere in life. They do it for sex. People my age are slutty because they don't know any better and they think it will be advantageous to them socially, in work, et cetera. THEREFORE: A woman who is running for president knows what she wants, and cannot be slutty because she does not need to be slutty except if she wants sex.

O.O
You're still around!?!??!?!
I mean, I like.. remember you, which, in itself, is a feat, since I recall -nothing- or there about. ANNNNDDDD it's been over 14 moths me thinks... whoaa

*lectures* You missed TSN and V-day!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 8:17 am
Metalic_Noodles
EggaxSponge

O.O
I mean, I like.. remember you, which, in itself, is a feat, since I recall -nothing- or there about. ANNNNDDDD it's been over 14 moths me thinks... whoaa

~Metalic_Noodles

I have a life. Please don't chide me. I drop by when I can. I've been around for almost three years.  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:49 am
EggaxSponge
Metalic_Noodles
EggaxSponge

O.O

~Metalic_Noodles

I have a life. Please don't chide me. I drop by when I can. I've been around for almost three years.

seriously.

plus, i don't think its been 14 MONTHS...i remember you being around egga. heart  

WastelandMama
Crew

MonsieurSponge

PostPosted: Sat Feb 16, 2008 2:02 pm
bluegrass cat
EggaxSponge
Metalic_Noodles
EggaxSponge

O.O

~Metalic_Noodles

seriously.

plus, i don't think its been 14 MONTHS...i remember you being around egga. heart

I was here for the holidays. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:33 am

Oh, sorry, the 14+ months was when I vanished for 13 months. By now I've been back for more than a month though.

The amazing part was that after all that time, and all those things I fogot, I reconized you, and not just from TSN's siggy.

I was only teasing you know.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

angel_half82
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 9:22 am
Metalic_Noodles

Oh, sorry, the 14+ months was when I vanished for 13 months. By now I've been back for more than a month though.

The amazing part was that after all that time, and all those things I fogot, I reconized you, and not just from TSN's siggy.

I was only teasing you know.

~Metalic_Noodles

Egga must have had a big impact in your life. xp  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 11:33 pm

I remember the randomest things.

Then I say them.

I get weird looks a lot.

Like I'll want to say something to someone, then a few days later ask them if I told them about something, which isn't descriptive at all, and then forget to accually tell them.

Or, even better, ask someone something, and forget the answer or that I asked, 5 seconds to 5 minutes later.

So I'll want to tell someone about a news article I found about a computer something. Then, during a conversaision about something else, like how a cat needs to go to the vet, I'll remember, and either stop hearing what the person is saying while I try to hold onto the thought until the person stops, or I'll just blurt it out. Either way I'll be oblivious to what we were talking about before that.

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

Tenolein

PostPosted: Mon Feb 18, 2008 12:00 pm
OooOOoH.. Political thread!

Personally, I DID vote at the Caucus. And I, unfortunately, voted for Romney, RIGHT before he dropped out. =/

Come Presidential Election, I'll be voting for McCain (cause it looks like he's gonna be running against Obama/Hillary).

As far as not knowing who stands for what on particular issues, I recommend going to wikipedia.org and searching for 2008 Presidential Candidates. Each candidate has a page that shows where he/she stands on popular issues.

On the Democratic side, personally, I hope Hillary will win. The Republicans have a better chance to win the election if she runs.

EDIT: Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention.. For you people that don't vote/don't want to vote.. VOTE! I used to be in the same boat as you. I refused to vote because I knew there was never going to be a candidate that I was going to agree with on every issue. I wouldn't vote, and therefore, wouldn't complain, either. Until I trained in a guy that moved here from Afghanistan. We got to talking, and he had asked me if I voted. I told him 'No', and he told me about his country and why he moved to America. I hope you people realize that there are people living in other countries that DON'T HAVE A CHOICE. They have to deal with dictators that rule with an iron fist.. and they can do NOTHING about their country. Here, we have a CHOICE. And that is one of the main reasons why America has the highest immigration rate in the world. That's why people aren't floating on homemade rafts to ESCAPE America.

In closing.. Please, if you are old enough, pick the lesser of two evils (almost 99% of us Americans have to do the same anyway) and VOTE!  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 1:15 am

1. You didn't realize that before?
2. There is no 'lesser evil'. It would be hard for the most evil of lawyers to compete on an evil scale with even common polititions.

Too bad all the non polititions drop out so quickly, or are anti-constitution. Most don't stick around long enough to be torn to shreds because there were once a kid, and aren't afraid to hide it behind 50 name changes.

The funny thing, is that if they lastest that long, people would see the extent of the scummyness the other canidates were(or at least thier campain people, but they have to endorse the ads) and not vote for them. rofl

~Metalic_Noodles

Metalic_Noodles

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas