Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
Problems (Females, please help) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

beef stew
  mmm *drool*
  there can be no other response! XO
View Results

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:10 pm
Bluegrass's story about her kitty made me tear a little. =( I've never had a pet die, and if I lost my cat Taishi I'd be really, really sad.

For some reason it seems like most people can understand how sad one would be to lose a dog, but when a cat dies it's no big deal or something. Which, imo, is ridiculous...even if you're not a "cat person" it's still a pet, a member of the family, and a living thing. Especially when it's like my cat, who loves everyone he meets and isn't scared of dogs. He's very affectionate and just acts grateful to be around.

I could understand high suicide rates in vets, you do have to kill innocent things quite often, even if it is for mercy.

WAY OFF TOPIC, but I figured I'd add to that since ever since I started birth control I haven't had a period. >_>

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:26 pm
aprilness
Bluegrass's story about her kitty made me tear a little. =( I've never had a pet die, and if I lost my cat Taishi I'd be really, really sad.

For some reason it seems like most people can understand how sad one would be to lose a dog, but when a cat dies it's no big deal or something. Which, imo, is ridiculous...even if you're not a "cat person" it's still a pet, a member of the family, and a living thing. Especially when it's like my cat, who loves everyone he meets and isn't scared of dogs. He's very affectionate and just acts grateful to be around.

I could understand high suicide rates in vets, you do have to kill innocent things quite often, even if it is for mercy.

WAY OFF TOPIC, but I figured I'd add to that since ever since I started birth control I haven't had a period. >_>
NO period? O.o

And I didn't say I didn't care. The cat died, sad, but it's life. Canines are bound to have it out with cats in nature, one wins, the other loses. It's natural, just like I don't get how vegans spazz about people eating meat. It's natural. :/ Survival of the one who gets food!  

YukaSilkenFur

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:35 pm
Yah, no period. >_> Odd. But I save money on tampons.

And yeah, I just mean that a lot of people are really heartless about cats, that I've met. Like they're pests, the same way people treat rodents.

And I also happen to like rodents. XD I know there are valid concerns about diseases, but I still can't bring myself to understand why some people just scream and freak out when they see a mouse. ._. ...

XD Interestingly enough I'm a vegetarian, I have no problems with everyone around me eating meat. It's a personal choice to eat it or not eat it, and I don't think it's cruel or evil to eat something so you can sustain your own health.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:40 pm
aprilness
Yah, no period. >_> Odd. But I save money on tampons.

And yeah, I just mean that a lot of people are really heartless about cats, that I've met. Like they're pests, the same way people treat rodents.

And I also happen to like rodents. XD I know there are valid concerns about diseases, but I still can't bring myself to understand why some people just scream and freak out when they see a mouse. ._. ...

XD Interestingly enough I'm a vegetarian, I have no problems with everyone around me eating meat. It's a personal choice to eat it or not eat it, and I don't think it's cruel or evil to eat something so you can sustain your own health.
Yey! You're a GOOD vegan! ^^
And yeah, though I think dogs get it rougher than cats. I mean, cats get to roam free without worrying about being toted off to a cage where they'll get killed if nobody wants them. They've been pardoned by the law pretty much. Dogs, however, just because they're pack animals, they're not allowed to roam wild and are thus brought in and often killed.  

YukaSilkenFur

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 10:58 pm
THAT is a very good point. Dogs are also bigger and therefore have a more difficult time hiding from people on the streets. :[ Cats are pretty much allowed to run wild, while there are leash laws on dogs and such. I think dogs are more dangerous to humans just running around feral than cats are though, again that's partially because they're bigger and stronger, and a lot of them aren't as afraid of humans as a lot of stray cats are.

It is a hard, sad life for stray dogs, and I'd probably sooner take in a stray dog than a cat even though I do love cats, and that's because I think a cat has a higher chance of surviving since there's little human interference.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:00 pm
aprilness
THAT is a very good point. Dogs are also bigger and therefore have a more difficult time hiding from people on the streets. :[ Cats are pretty much allowed to run wild, while there are leash laws on dogs and such. I think dogs are more dangerous to humans just running around feral than cats are though, again that's partially because they're bigger and stronger, and a lot of them aren't as afraid of humans as a lot of stray cats are.

It is a hard, sad life for stray dogs, and I'd probably sooner take in a stray dog than a cat even though I do love cats, and that's because I think a cat has a higher chance of surviving since there's little human interference.
Yeah, same here....but then I'm a dog person. >> And I have to wonder if people just don't want to mess with them...those claws hurt. crying  

YukaSilkenFur

Pachelbel Canon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 11:37 pm
Well yea. >.> But it seems more likely to run away than to claw. If I found a stray dog I would want to help but at the same time, if he's scared or unfriendly, bites are pretty bad D:  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:24 am
aprilness
Well yea. >.> But it seems more likely to run away than to claw. If I found a stray dog I would want to help but at the same time, if he's scared or unfriendly, bites are pretty bad D:

if that happened with me I'd put on a padded jacket and bring out the welding gloves 3nodding . And a cat swiping at me doesn't hurt much due to the fact that I had a cats claw stuck in my arm! To add to the pain there was a very pissed-off cat attached to that claw who wasn't liking her flea-bath  

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50

WastelandMama
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:31 am
YukaSilkenFur
aprilness

NO period? O.o

And I didn't say I didn't care. The cat died, sad, but it's life. Canines are bound to have it out with cats in nature, one wins, the other loses. It's natural, just like I don't get how vegans spazz about people eating meat. It's natural. :/ Survival of the one who gets food!

lol, you do know that in the wild, there aren't wolves and wildcats going at it, right?

there's nothing "natural" about domesticated dogs and cats fighting, and i, for one, have NEVER had a dog of mine attack a cat. ever.

dogs who are poorly trained WILL attack any animal they think they can get away with attacking. case in point: my uncle was a farm manager for an extremely prestigious thoroughbred farm. the owner had this stupid dog who was known for biting and trying to attack grooms and the like. well, one day, this stupid dog attacked a baby horse that WOULD have sold for well over $1mil @ auction.

in the wild, are there dogs attacking horses? unless you count coyotes, no. wolves aren't typically stupid enough to try to attack a horse.

a domesticated animal is just that: domesticated. dogs ESPECIALLY are easy to train and are easily taught to leave other animals the ******** alone.

cats, on the other hand, were never FULLY domesticated, so it can take a little more practice to keep them from attacking bunnies and mice and the like, but, my boy kitty scout once caught a mouse and i clapped my hands and said "DROP IT!" and he did.

mouse survived and scout got lots of love for sparing him. heart

hrm, so, since this is tl;dr: domesticated dogs shouldn't be attacking anything. period.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 7:51 am
xd Zachary is too fat to catch anything.

And I am very grateful that we didn't have to put Sarah down. She is happy at an Old Folk's home. heart It makes me happy to know that she's working her magic to make old people feel better.  

MonsieurSponge

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 9:47 am
bluegrass cat
YukaSilkenFur
aprilness

NO period? O.o

lol, you do know that in the wild, there aren't wolves and wildcats going at it, right?

there's nothing "natural" about domesticated dogs and cats fighting, and i, for one, have NEVER had a dog of mine attack a cat. ever.

dogs who are poorly trained WILL attack any animal they think they can get away with attacking. case in point: my uncle was a farm manager for an extremely prestigious thoroughbred farm. the owner had this stupid dog who was known for biting and trying to attack grooms and the like. well, one day, this stupid dog attacked a baby horse that WOULD have sold for well over $1mil @ auction.

in the wild, are there dogs attacking horses? unless you count coyotes, no. wolves aren't typically stupid enough to try to attack a horse.

a domesticated animal is just that: domesticated. dogs ESPECIALLY are easy to train and are easily taught to leave other animals the f**k alone.

cats, on the other hand, were never FULLY domesticated, so it can take a little more practice to keep them from attacking bunnies and mice and the like, but, my boy kitty scout once caught a mouse and i clapped my hands and said "DROP IT!" and he did.

hrm, so, since this is tl;dr: domesticated dogs shouldn't be attacking anything. period.

Yeah my dog is a big lover he just wants to sniff the cats to see who they are, it's the cats that swipe at my dog. But he just yelps and hides, he will NEVER snap at them. My cat is too lazy to try to catch anything but his sister likes to torture moths. She'll lick their wings so they can't fly away and bat at them until they are too tired to move.  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 7:40 am
pineapple07
bluegrass cat
YukaSilkenFur
aprilness

NO period? O.o

a domesticated animal is just that: domesticated. dogs ESPECIALLY are easy to train and are easily taught to leave other animals the f**k alone.

Yeah my dog is a big lover he just wants to sniff the cats to see who they are, it's the cats that swipe at my dog. But he just yelps and hides, he will NEVER snap at them. My cat is too lazy to try to catch anything but his sister likes to torture moths. She'll lick their wings so they can't fly away and bat at them until they are too tired to move.

when we moved in to mama's after getting out of the army, their super-old farm dog kept trying to herd our kitties. xd she treated them like they were her own puppies and kept licking them and stuff. it was insanely cute.

she did growl at them occasionally, but it was never in a "i'm gonna eat you!" kinda way. it was always in a "you'd better stop messing with that or mommy's gonna be mad!" tone.

and yes, dogs have tones and yes there is SO a difference! whee  

WastelandMama
Crew

-iSnug-

PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 12:09 pm
My period should be kicking in anytime now.... xd  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 05, 2008 5:05 pm
-iSnug-
My period should be kicking in anytime now.... xd

pffffffft, you wish!

you know you wanna be a girl SO BAD! xd  

WastelandMama
Crew

Metalic_Noodles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 11:27 pm
Krystalcat
urine test doesn't work while you're on your period, and yeah those are stupid doctors.

I thought you don't get periods when you are preggers. o_O

~Metalic_Noodles

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas