Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Item Quests
Clickables still active / / Quest on Hiatus Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Duke_Azriel

4,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 4:17 pm
User Image

I have 10 points in Retribution and the rest are going to go to protection.

User Image  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:10 pm
Nice a tank

I meant to ask about your professions though : )

Jeziebel

Duke_Azriel

4,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Aug 03, 2008 9:54 am
User Image

Mining and blacksmithing. I need to work on it though.

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 5:30 pm
Mining will make you bank! once you get into the higher ores and stuff you'll have a hard time trying to decide whether to use it or sell it. If your up for it would suggest that you drop your blacksmithing and pick another gathering skill, like herbalism, or skinning cuz then you wont have any trouble having money for the things your going to need later in the game. And then when you get to 70 you can either drop one of the gathering skills and take up blacksmithing again or make and alt that can lvl that for you. Also if you wait till your 70 to take up blacksmithing there are guides you can use that help you make the most out of what you have so you dont have to buy every pattern and it helps you lvl it faster. Its really cool with the guides too cuz they'll usually tell you how much say copper you need to gather total. Anyways lol as you can tell i'm a big advocate of that.

Jeziebel

Duke_Azriel

4,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Mon Aug 04, 2008 10:07 pm
User Image

I mainly took it up so I wouldn't have to worry about equipment, but I have slacked bad. I am still using copper and making only LvL 17 armor. sweatdrop
If I abandon Blacksmithing now, would I have to completely restart it if I go back, or does it remember where I am?

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:01 am
you would have to restart, but its a lot easier to lvl your skill when your a high lvl yourself. Luckily if your still using copper to make stuff then you wont lose much. Unlike me when i dropped jewelcrafting at 300 to tailor.

Jeziebel

Duke_Azriel

4,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:18 am
User Image

OK. I shall trust in your knowledge.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 11:40 am
User Image
Ok so I have a question for you then...hehe the WoW talk drew me in. I have tailoring and enchanting for my skills, my tailoring I'm content with but I feel like I'm at a standstill with my enchanting, should I drop it until I am a higher level? I haven't gotten that high on it yet and I really need a source of income besides selling my bags.

Edit: You can PM me if you prefer

User Image

Symphony of Serenity

Jeziebel

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:20 pm
Yay another WoW'er!!

Enchanting will end up costing you rather than help you this early. Especially when your destroying items that you could be selling. I'm assuming your lock is the enchanter? Either way its really only useful at higher levels or with twinking. If you really dont want to drop it, which is understandable, i still recommend looking up the guide for any non-gathering profession you have.
The place i often went was wowwiki.com but you can always google it of course.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:29 pm
User Image

Hehehe I quest with this lovely lady. We took your advice. I am an herbing and mining fool and she skins what we kill now. xd

User Image  

Duke_Azriel

4,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200

krad 2.0

PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 4:49 pm
hope you get to your dream  
PostPosted: Tue Aug 05, 2008 9:34 pm
Thanks Krad and goodluck with your quest as well!

Glad to hear smile I hope you both are happy with my advice. If not i'll try and think of a way to make it up to you both razz

Jeziebel

Duke_Azriel

4,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:27 am
User Image

Is it better to just sell to the herbs and metals to a shop or the AH?

User Image  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 10:45 am
Prolly the AH but its kinda hard to say for your server. My server pretty much everyone has a 70 and so they have a ton of gold to spend on their alt so people mark up the AH by a ton. Anyways its good to look it up before vendor trashing it

Jeziebel

Duke_Azriel

4,950 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Generous 100
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:31 pm
User Image

Thank you for the advice. A donation is surely on the way. wink

User Image  
☆ Item Quests

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]