Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Geezers Guild

Back to Guilds

A guild for users 21 and over 

Tags: Geezer, Mature, Age 21+ 

Reply Serious Conversations
What religion are you? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What is your geezer religion?
Christianity
38%
 38%  [ 62 ]
Wicca
6%
 6%  [ 11 ]
Buddism
5%
 5%  [ 9 ]
Muslamic
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Satanic
1%
 1%  [ 2 ]
Other-Please specify
45%
 45%  [ 73 ]
Total Votes : 159

ivyisis

PostPosted: Sat Sep 20, 2008 10:37 pm
Demona_Darchanjel
ThisEmptySoul
Demona_Darchanjel
... my only request is that although it was a lovely shade, please pick a slightly darker color to make it easier to read next time. emo
I've been using this color for at least 4 years neutral

I'm sorry... sweatdrop I just wear glasses as it is, so light colored fonts are harder to read on a white background.

When I have this problem I highlight the text, that way you can see what is written. I hope that helps. biggrin  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:35 pm
Eclectic Left Hand Path Pagan Practitioner - think Quantum theory of Observer Created Reality meets traditional witchcraft, with a little fluffy bunny Wicca and some left hand path fangs thrown in for good measure.  

Fluffy-A-Bunni

Saki Shadow

PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:43 pm
I'm an atheist.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 8:06 pm
I'm christian. I believe that Jesus died for my sins etc. but I do tend to question some things. Like why everyone thinks that God couldn't have used the big bang to create the universe, or why evolution couldnt have occurred. If anyone finds a scripture aout this I'd really love to see it because even though the bible said God made Adam from the ground I dont remember anything saying that he looked like me and you do. And it said that he created the world in seven days but how long exactly were these days? Somewhere in psalms it says that a day to God is like 1000 years but I dont know whether to take that literally or just to take it as "a day to God is a long time." And did God create people after Adam and Eve? He must've cuz otherwise when Cain killed Abel, he wouldnt have asked for God's protection ~ a mark of some kind so he wouldnt get murdered. I'll never know but I'm curious lol. wink  

Lady_Niqui

wolfen26

Conservative Werewolf

6,350 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:39 pm
Native American, Lakota and Chippewa beliefs mostly.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:14 pm
I would have to say that I am more pagan than anything else. I dont follow one religious practice strictly. I just use what feels right at the time.  

silversagedragon

charamath

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:22 pm
Lady_Niqui
I'm christian. I believe that Jesus died for my sins etc. but I do tend to question some things. Like why everyone thinks that God couldn't have used the big bang to create the universe, or why evolution couldnt have occurred. If anyone finds a scripture aout this I'd really love to see it because even though the bible said God made Adam from the ground I dont remember anything saying that he looked like me and you do. And it said that he created the world in seven days but how long exactly were these days? Somewhere in psalms it says that a day to God is like 1000 years but I dont know whether to take that literally or just to take it as "a day to God is a long time." And did God create people after Adam and Eve? He must've cuz otherwise when Cain killed Abel, he wouldnt have asked for God's protection ~ a mark of some kind so he wouldnt get murdered. I'll never know but I'm curious lol. wink

There were other people- the wandering tribes. They later became the Cainanites. However, they were seen more as animals then images of God.

And the Big Bang theory is really a bad theory to take as true. It's more of a place holder for when the real method of creation is found.

I like to think of God more as a flowing energy then a being. It makes time almost irrelevant and makes his existence more scientifically plausible.  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:35 pm
Lady_Niqui
...the bible said God made Adam from the ground, I don't remember anything saying that he looked like me and you do.
The closest thing I could think of is I believe somewhere in the bible it says "God created man in His image", which is why many Christians reject the notion that man evolved from apes or some other kind of organism. I'm sure a lot of people take that phrase different ways, but I think it meant that God created man to look like Himself. However, for those that believe God is formless or are unclear as to what God may look like, this isn't very helpful to how man appeared upon his creation according to the bible blaugh

In Hinduism, we believe God looks like we do... only much, much more beautiful.

charamath
I like to think of God more as a flowing energy then a being. It makes time almost irrelevant and makes his existence more scientifically plausible.
I do not know if this applies to you, but many believe that God cannot have form because it would be impossible to maintain existence and do all the things that God is accredited for if He is limited to a body. However, one thing to keep in mind is that the body of God would not be like the body of man, so would not be limited like man.

It is of my belief that God does have form, and the "flowing energy" you speak of is part of that form. He can exist as a being with the appearances of us humans and as energy simultaneously. There are actually references to it in vedic literature.

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

Lady_Niqui

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 6:24 pm
charamath
Lady_Niqui

There were other people- the wandering tribes. They later became the Cainanites. However, they were seen more as animals then images of God.

Even they had to start somewhere though, right?  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:14 pm
ThisEmptySoul
Lady_Niqui
...the bible said God made Adam from the ground, I don't remember anything saying that he looked like me and you do.
The closest thing I could think of is I believe somewhere in the bible it says "God created man in His image", which is why many Christians reject the notion that man evolved from apes or some other kind of organism. I'm sure a lot of people take that phrase different ways, but I think it meant that God created man to look like Himself. However, for those that believe God is formless or are unclear as to what God may look like, this isn't very helpful to how man appeared upon his creation according to the bible blaugh

In Hinduism, we believe God looks like we do... only much, much more beautiful.

charamath
I do not know if this applies to you, but many believe that God cannot have form because it would be impossible to maintain existence and do all the things that God is accredited for if He is limited to a body. However, one thing to keep in mind is that the body of God would not be like the body of man, so would not be limited like man.

It is of my belief that God does have form, and the "flowing energy" you speak of is part of that form. He can exist as a being with the appearances of us humans and as energy simultaneously. There are actually references to it in vedic literature.

Hmm... my younger brother, a Christian, actually prefers to think of God as more of a flowing energy as well. He interprets "God created man in His image" more as a... uhh... mental image or an image of the essence, similar to Prometheus pouring the fire of Zeus into humankind. He believes in evolution as well.  

shall she sail seas

ThisEmptySoul

Sarcastic Punk

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:37 pm
The idea that God does not have a form {or body rather} seems to be an idea growing in popularity with those that believe in God. My spouse's father, who is also a Christian, also believes that God is formless I think. He also believes in evolution and reincarnation.

Though I don't fully agree with it, I find it interesting that people are gradually letting go of the idea that God is an old man that lives in the sky.
blaugh  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 5:20 pm
ThisEmptySoul
The idea that God does not have a form {or body rather} seems to be an idea growing in popularity with those that believe in God. My spouse's father, who is also a Christian, also believes that God is formless I think. He also believes in evolution and reincarnation.

Though I don't fully agree with it, I find it interesting that people are gradually letting go of the idea that God is an old man that lives in the sky.
blaugh

Hmm... so do you agree with a God that is more human-like or are you thinking more about some third alternative?  

shall she sail seas

Lady_Niqui

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:39 am
Well God as defined by christians is three entities in one. Father = old man in the sky image, Son = Jesus image, and Holy Ghost/Spirit = formless.

I think though that God could be whatever He wants to be and generally just IS.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 9:43 am
I'm atheist.

I was raised in a Christian family, though. I went to church for years and did a lot with various Christian organizations until I realized that it was not for me.

I like art and science ^_^ heart  

happykeiko

Zahmira

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:19 am
I classify myself as Theist or Spiritual. I don't really associate with any organized religion and have my own set of beliefs. A higher power, one afterlife that we all go to, and that's about it. Beyond that, my belief is that it's pretty impossible to know a lot of things.

I was raised in a very relaxed Protestant home.  
Serious Conversations

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff