Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply General Discussion
yay the official FG4PG i love pie random thread EDITED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

is ish random
  YES!!! BELIVE IT!!!!
View Results

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:16 pm
Bed sounds good, but I gotta get Star Wars tonight. D:  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:20 pm
a futon is designed to be primarily a couch first, bed second. it also lacks a traditional mattress.

a daybed is designed to be primarily a bed first, couch second. it has a real mattress and ours is extra coolio because its got a trundle bed under it for when guests come over.

and we both sleep with all the animals. 3nodding we have a california king bed, so everyone has a spot and everyone can stretch out. although here recently scout and spike have been bogarting my pillow. like, scout takes up one half of it with his immense a** and spikey kind of wraps herself around the top of my head.

i keep waking up with my head all shoved down weird and HOT. jesus, those kitties put out a lot of heat!

wutang typically sleeps near the foot of the bed, or she'll sneak up against my side when she thinks scout isn't looking. and on cold nights, spikey will sleep beneath the covers and between my legs ((cause that's SO comfy for me, lemme tell ya)) which she's done since she was a kitten. scout normally sleeps between my legs on TOP of the covers when its cold out.

spoony doesn't like the other kitties, so she sleeps on her wine rack of solitude in the foyer or under the bathroom sink. when its cold, she sleeps in the living room on the daybed as long as no one harasses her.

i'm going to get a nice kitty-safe electric blanket this winter for the daybed because one of the only reasons we have to keep the heat up is so spikey doesn't get all shivery and sick. she's the only kitty to have almost no undercoat. she's slick like an otter and doesn't retain heat very well.

WOW BABBLING! sweatdrop  

WastelandMama
Crew

TheBlueWarrior
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:22 pm
bluegrass cat
a futon is designed to be primarily a couch first, bed second. it also lacks a traditional mattress.

a daybed is designed to be primarily a bed first, couch second. it has a real mattress and ours is extra coolio because its got a trundle bed under it for when guests come over.

and we both sleep with all the animals. 3nodding we have a california king bed, so everyone has a spot and everyone can stretch out. although here recently scout and spike have been bogarting my pillow. like, scout takes up one half of it with his immense a** and spikey kind of wraps herself around the top of my head.

i keep waking up with my head all shoved down weird and HOT. jesus, those kitties put out a lot of heat!

wutang typically sleeps near the foot of the bed, or she'll sneak up against my side when she thinks scout isn't looking. and on cold nights, spikey will sleep beneath the covers and between my legs ((cause that's SO comfy for me, lemme tell ya)) which she's done since she was a kitten. scout normally sleeps between my legs on TOP of the covers when its cold out.

spoony doesn't like the other kitties, so she sleeps on her wine rack of solitude in the foyer or under the bathroom sink. when its cold, she sleeps in the living room on the daybed as long as no one harasses her.

i'm going to get a nice kitty-safe electric blanket this winter for the daybed because one of the only reasons we have to keep the heat up is so spikey doesn't get all shivery and sick. she's the only kitty to have almost no undercoat. she's slick like an otter and doesn't retain heat very well.

WOW BABBLING! sweatdrop

Babel on.
xD  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:36 pm
Okay, in case you haven't noticed, I'm neurotic about things so here it is:

FUTON: is of japanese origin and is a pillow-like "mattress" [not in the form of a normal mattress] which in most american societies is placed onto a metal [or wooden] frame that can slide up into a seated position with a back on it and convert down flat into a [double] bed. If left in the seated position too long, due to the form of the "mattress", the futon may aquire a crease in the center of it.

In japan, to my knowledge, it is a mattress of the same type simply laid flat on the floor.

User Image

User Image

PULL-OUT COUCH: is a couch that by all means appears normal until you remove the cushions revealing a hidden bed that is pulled out by a handle and that contains a half-as thick-as-normal mattress which you are supposed to cover with sheets, blankets, pillows, etc. It can be found in many forms.

User Image

User Image

DAY BED: is usually a bed with a frame that mimics the shape of a couch. Often no bigger than a twin and can have a second trundle [roll-away] bed stowed underneath it. Meant to be dressed with a blanket tucked tightly into it and pillows placed against the back of the frame for a couch-like appearance during the day, the day bed is easily turned into a normal bed during the night.

User Image

User Image

User Image

There it is. Even complete with pictures stolen from people's photobuckets. D:

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100

The Real ish

PostPosted: Tue Sep 16, 2008 11:37 am
politics to beds wat the hell just happened???  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:11 am
ooooh. I have a pull out bed, thats why i was confused xd i was sure that it wasnt a futon  

Iconised Ghost

Lineriku

PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:49 am
The Real ish
politics to beds wat the hell just happened???

yes........that happens a lot..........its very common......almost expected...........  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 2:48 pm
TheBlueWarrior
Bed sounds good, but I gotta get Star Wars tonight. D:

The new star wars game?? That game looks soooooo badass.  

angel_half82
Crew

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:46 pm
Iconised Ghost
ooooh. I have a pull out bed, thats why i was confused xd i was sure that it wasnt a futon

haha yea, they're also called Hide-A-Beds because that was the original brand name :]  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 6:28 pm
teh sexiful nerdy
Iconised Ghost

haha yea, they're also called Hide-A-Beds because that was the original brand name :]

we just call it a sofa bed xd so confusing  

Iconised Ghost

teh sexiful nerdy

2,250 Points
  • Member 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 17, 2008 11:35 pm
Iconised Ghost
teh sexiful nerdy
Iconised Ghost

hence the pictures. :3  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 12:44 am
teh sexiful nerdy
Iconised Ghost
teh sexiful nerdy
Iconised Ghost

hence the pictures. :3

yuss heart  

Iconised Ghost

pineapple07

Tipsy Prophet

7,400 Points
  • Heckler 50
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Bunny Spotter 50
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 1:09 am
wow I actually really like that first day bed.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 9:05 pm
I've never seen a day bed...or if I did I didn't recognize it. I guess I lead a sheltered life. :I  

Pachelbel Canon

churrlo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:44 am
The pictures helped biggrin  
General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items