Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Word Games
'True anime fans' would support the industry! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 15 16 17 18 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Are you going to watch the Greg Ayres and/or the Nabeshin panel's?
  Yes.
View Results

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:02 am
ninja  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:55 pm
User Image
~~~
Yennon, do you mind if I quote your first few posts and put them up in the main CB? The more people see it, the better~

Tranlovescookies

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:00 am
Darkness beyond twilight,

no thanks, I'm setting it up already, lol. I'll post a link when its done.

Crimson beyond blood that flows.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 8:51 am
User Image
~~~
Haha, alrighty then~

Tranlovescookies

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 4:04 am
bah... I set up the thread, its all ready to go... I PMed a Site Moderator asking them to please move it to the Anime forum... the knvrorugorwugiwrughiowu READ my PM, and did NOTHING. Didn't even reply to me to tell me what I'd done wrong... I read the list of mods, and what thier jobs were, I know I chose the right kind of mod. I'll just have to PM someone else >.>

Trans, would you like to be a moderator for the thread? You're job will be casual convorsation (or a bump every once in a while), reporting trolls, defending the threads honor... that kind of thing 3nodding You just have to remember to flat our ignore trolls and even people who come along with a snide remark. Just let them go rolleyes nothing pisses a troll off more than being ignored. And obey the ToS ;P  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:07 pm
User Image
~~~
I'd be honored to~
^^

Tranlovescookies

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:08 pm

awesome!

... ::eye twitch:: it still hasn't been moved. The other mod hasn't read my PM yet, though. But its been 14 hours!! stare

PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:10 pm
User Image
~~~
Maybe that mod has too many PM's to read, or he/she hasn't been on yet?
Don't worry, I think it'll get moving sooner or later~ 3nodding

Tranlovescookies

6,550 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250

Ultimate Tiger Lily

6,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:33 pm
A lily in the hand
Greetings all guess your still waiting on the one thing to get moved as I didn't see anything listed yet but once its up I'll subscribe and drop by there occasionally.
A tiger in the bush

PostPosted: Fri Jun 12, 2009 12:33 pm
YennonCrow
  1. - Why has AdultSwim stopped playing as much anime as they used to?
  2. - What happened to Toonami? Why is it gone?
  3. - Why did Anime Network cease being a channel..?
  4. - What happened to Geneon and Pioneer??
  5. - How come the industry doesn't seem to be cranking out as many animes as they usually do?

1) I blame America for the recent fallout of [AS] not showing as much anime as they do now. I remember back in the day, when it was a nightly thing, showing THE BEST that was currently out. Now that everyone is complaining about how "television needs to be more educational, so that the youth can learn". I say BULL. Hell, look at us. We watched VIOLENCE and people CURSING on T.V., and we turned out to become successful members of society, so I say we go back to when there was actually good stuff on the tele. (It actually kinda hurt me to say that, since I am from America myself, and you know something's wrong when a citizen blames his/her own country for the lack of entertainment)

2) I literally cried like a baby when I heard that CN was taking Toonami off the air. I grew up on Cartoon Network, back when they had the real good shows (Sailor Moon, Freakazoid!, etc etc) and now they are showing such pieces of animation as "Chowder" and "Total Drama Island" It honestly makes me SICK to my STOMACH that CN, who I almost worshiped as a child, would turn their backs on us and show this crap, instead of keeping it old school and showing the nightly and weekendly anime and shows we loved.

3) I can't really find an answer as to why AN stopped being a channel.

4) Again, I can't really find an answer, but if I HAD to, I'd chalk it up to the market failing, or that their prices were asking a bit too much from the normal American anime consumer.

5) The Industry, in my opinion, is somewhat doing quite well for itself, and even though I torrent anime and manga like crazy (no money or job at the time), I plan on eventually getting around to buying physical product. Actually, at the time of this post, I'm downloading Onegai Teacher, which I've heard from friends is a fantastic romantic comedy. Not all people who download anime and/or manga are bad people. Sometimes they do it with the sole intent to distribute illegally, and sometimes they do it for themselves. Then there are those, who like me, know what they are doing, but still plan on buying the physical product when it is available, or when they have the $500 to go out and splurge on anime and/or manga.  

A Nice Salami

Aged Member

8,400 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Person of Interest 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 7:48 am

You're completely incorrect. Anime has been pulled off of networks all around the world, not just AdultSwim. It isn't America's fault. Its people like you who are at fault. What makes you say the industry is doing well? I had a friend who worked for FUNimation, and she too says the industry isn't doing well! Kyo Kara Maoh was cancelled because it doesn't have the funding to continue, Nabeshin says he has ideas for new manga's/anime's but can't get the funding to create them, Manga creators are starting to speak out on people who read scanlations and begging us to stop stealing their work. If it was doing well, Greg Ayres - an anime voice actor, someone who works FOR the industry, would NOT have started doing panels on anime piracy if the industry wasn't in danger!!

I simply listed those questions, because they are the most commonly asked questions by anime fans.

And do you not read the FBI warning on anime?? If you pirate any show/movie you can receive a $250k fine, if caught!

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 10:46 am

http://www.gaiaonline.com/forum/anime-manga-comics/true-anime-fans-support-the-industry/t.50654437/

its open!

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

Ultimate Tiger Lily

6,100 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 6:11 pm
A lily in the hand
Guess I'll wander over and see how things are.

I really wish people would read through more though as the "questions" were all answered now twice it appears.
A tiger in the bush

PostPosted: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:16 am

NEWS. Central Park Media has filed for Chaptor 7 Bankruptcy. This means the company will face liquidation. Read about it here.

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100
  • Millionaire 200

YennonCrow

Married Sweetheart

10,100 Points
  • Novice Mage 100
  • V-Day 2011 Event 100