Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply RP/Game
A Thiefs Tale (open and always accepting) NEEDS PEOPLE!!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Would you join?
  Hell yez!!!! (thank you!)
  No, i wants teh moonay!! (poll whore)
  Maybe...(ok)
  I HAVE A PET ROCK NAMED RICKI!!! (I shall kill your pet rock, bwahahaha)
View Results

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2009 8:53 pm
((Oh, haha, well then.))

Ranuu sighed and leaned forward, his forearms resting lightly on the bar in front of him. The cup of tea was cooling, he noticed. He could almost see its temperature dropping, despite the fact that wispy steam still circled above it, evidence of the reaction with the cool night air around it. His exhalation caused a disturbance in the steam, making it spasm violently outward for a moment before the new covered it up.

A metaphor for life, really. The new covering up the disturbances of the past, moving along as it always did, despite being violently overhauled.

So they didn't know anything about the Heart. That was typical. Ranuu could deal-- had dealt- with disappointment in the past. He would deal with it again. It was just that he was getting annoyed with the world. He wanted to do something truly important. You know, besides survive a millennium.

"I don't know," he responded truthfully. "Searching for meaning in a new world, I suppose."  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:09 pm
((since pendragon hasn't posted yet, i guess i will make something up for my character to do...))

Evelyn really hated that she had no idea what was going on. She stopped looking at the map after a few seconds of trying, and continued her pacing. She mumbled to herself, something about treasure, and the ocean and such, trying to think of something other than the stranger. Evelyn continued on like this until she noticed a light coming from a window above her, looking into the bar. "Yes!" She voiced excitedly. She jumped to the window, but couldn't quite reach the ledge.

Her staff was weighing her down. The one downside to it, it was heavy. She took it off her back and put it on the ground next to her. She felt better, and lighter, she thought. With all of her strength she jumped and grabbed hold of the ledge. Lucky for her, she was small enough to fit in the ledge and sit comfortably without being seen from wandering eyes. She stared at the bar where the two were talking. Obviously she couldn't hear anything, but she wasn't interested in their weird exclusive conversation. So she watched them. She fixed her gaze on the stranger's face.

infinite_personalities101

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:36 pm
"hmm" said John disappointedly "well i guess i could try scying, it might yield results." John couldn't help thinking back to his childhood and how his parents had warned him about scrying "I'm as likely to see the past as what i'm trying for though."  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 06, 2009 7:04 am
((grrr someone else is supposed to be joining us, and everytime i ask her she says yes, but asks for the link, but i haven't heard from her, so we may hav another person, or not, idk and its irritating!!!! >.<))  

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:31 pm
Scrying was an ancient practice. Ranuu hadn't heard of it since the days of his youth, back in the 'dark ages' of southern England. Maybe more had been saved of magic than he'd originally assumed, and this boy was more than a boy, but some sort of warden to the arcane. A protector of the transcendent. Anyone watching would have probably seen his half-amused, half-nostalgic grin. Most wouldn't have caught the sigh that accompanied it. Not because they didn't want to; more because it was quiet as it escaped through his pointed canines and through his slightly-parted lips.

"I don't know what that would help, to be honest," he said, putting his cup of tea back down upon the bar. "Forgive me if my knowledge is slipping, because I'm quite old, but scrying, to the best of my knowledge, hasn't been used in ages. Not only that, but it wouldn't be used to search for something that doesn't need to be searched for.

"Anyway,"
he continued, "where did your friend go?"  
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:11 pm
"true" john said "oh well it was just a thought. as for 'my friend' lets see..." John expanded is consciousness and felt for Evelyn's life force. feeling it behind and slightly above him. twisting in his chair he turned and spotted her in a window watching them. beckoning for her to join them he turned back to the stranger.  

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 4:29 pm
Evelyn's mouth fell open again. How does he keep noticing me!? She started to feel iritated. She slipped down off her perch and ran back inside the inn. She took her seat next to Wizard and rested her chin on her arms, which were crossed on the bar. Quietly she looked up at them and waited for them to explain what they were talking about.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 2:09 pm
This boy intrigued him. Ranuu hated to admit it, but even with the countless ages under his belt, he was constantly finding puzzles that he didn't understand, but wanted to. Like a cat, he was sure that, one day, this very curiosity that drove him on would be his death. This boy was one of them. As he looked up and behind him, directly to a spot that Ranuu never would have guessed, the Daywalker half-wondered if she'd hidden there before. No, he wasn't giving him enough credit; the boy had found her without a problem.

In fact, to be quite honest, he still couldn't see her, even as he followed the boy's gaze and beckoning.

Once the girl had had a seat, Ranuu spoke again,
"So, Evelyn, is it? Evelyn, why do you travel with someone so well-acquainted with magic?"  

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 11, 2009 3:02 pm
Evelyn perked up when the stranger had said her name. Did I tell him? No I don't think so...Wizard must have done it... She thought. "Well...technically we haven't travelled anywhere yet....at least not together....it was kind of an accident how we met, and then I saw that Wizard had magical powers so I decided I'd bug him for awhile...." She said still a little confused. She wasn't actually sure why they were going on a journey together either, "I think it was on impulse..." Evelyn thought out loud. "Wait!! you have magic powers to right?" She whispered. "I mean how else did your eyes glow like that, or have such sharp teeth?" She leaned over the counter and looked at him, straight in the eyes. She gawked, they were still glowing.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 3:36 pm
(( ~bump~ ))  

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:33 pm
((Haha, well, he did refer to her by name right in front of Ranuu on a couple of occasions wink ))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:46 am
((haha yes but, evelyn wasn't around 3nodding we needs more people...since pandragon won't post!!!! i refuse to have this one die again!!! -runs off to find more people- *dramatic music* ))  

PendragonX9

PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 7:28 am
((i post, it just seemed as though you two were in the middle of a conversation))  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:09 pm
((oh oops, ranuu!!!!!!! lol sorry pendragon! sweatdrop ))  

CR Kyrie

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:59 pm
infinate_personalities101
Evelyn perked up when the stranger had said her name. Did I tell him? No I don't think so...Wizard must have done it... She thought. "Well...technically we haven't travelled anywhere yet....at least not together....it was kind of an accident how we met, and then I saw that Wizard had magical powers so I decided I'd bug him for awhile...." She said still a little confused. She wasn't actually sure why they were going on a journey together either, "I think it was on impulse..." Evelyn thought out loud. "Wait!! you have magic powers to right?" She whispered. "I mean how else did your eyes glow like that, or have such sharp teeth?" She leaned over the counter and looked at him, straight in the eyes. She gawked, they were still glowing.

Ranuu drew back slightly as Evelyn looked him directly in the eyes. Usually, when he was in any sort of light, they didn't glow like they did in the darkness, and he hadn't been expecting that to change. When she continued to stare, he assumed that they were glowing. Maybe he was growing in power again. Maybe he was letting his guard down. Or maybe it was how close to magic he was for the first time in so long; being near magic tended to cause his own unique abilities to manifest.

He hoped that his fangs weren't showing; that in itself was a panic-inducer.

"Magic? Not so much," he grinned. Most people these days assumed that anything unique or old was magical. They didn't realize that magic was something completely different than that which was shown in storybooks. "You haven't figured it out yet? I'm sure you'd know what I am, if you really thought about it."  
RP/Game

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff