Welcome to Gaia! ::

Fast Gold 4 Poor Gaians

Back to Guilds

A guild originally dedicated to helping earn gold that evolved into an awesome community of friends. Rekindling the flame anew! 

Tags: Gold, Contests, Anime, Chat, Random 

Reply JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)
Ten Years of Pokemon Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Come on, you konw you use to like Pokemon!
  Yeah-yeah, ok.
  NEVER!
  O.o What are you talking about? I still like Pokemon!
View Results

Sincerely Ophelia

Devoted Sage

8,150 Points
  • Flatterer 200
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Timid 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2008 5:16 am
Pokemon was a part of my child hood. I remember it not well, but thats not the point. The first season was the best, no doubt about it. I'm still rooting for Misty lol ^_^ . I hate Dawn. I think she's a sl*t cuz of her ridiculously unrealistic extra mini mini skirt. At least you didn't expect to see Misty's underwear when she'd bend over.
but anyway.
I like Digimon more than Pokemon. It saddens me that Digimon went away but Pokemon didn't. These days it's so lame only 5 year olds watch it (but I respect it for its innocence). Digimon was cooler. Seasons 1 and 2 were my fave and always will be cuz of Ty. He was an awesome leader. Like Yugi from Yugioh. They were kind and not total idiots like say to name a few Ichigo (Bleach) and Naruto (Naruto). I hate them both. loud-mouthed spastic ppl. just complete spazzes. I find Yugi and Ty as real standouts amongst anime character lead "heroes". Yugi was picked on, but not because he was a sniveling loser or dork. no. he was just naturally small and kind. Ty made a good hero. tried and always encouraged the others without ever being a push-over or so "heroic" its unbelievable like Naruto. Even Edward from FMA was better (in fact the series is perfection but that's another topic).
so there is my opinion. enjoy mrgreen

Sweet Days! blaugh
_Secret_Angel_3 heart 4laugh  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 23, 2008 2:16 pm
3nodding  

TemptedBlaze

2,750 Points
  • Beta Forum Regular 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
  • Beta Citizen 0

CupcakeUnicorn346

5,100 Points
  • Junior Trader 100
  • Friendly 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Sep 18, 2008 2:55 pm
i love the old pokemon so much! ... the new episodes ...not as great but pikachu still rocks!!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 12:27 pm
My friends still like pokemon but diamond just kinda, ******** it up

I sued to have the biggest stack of pokemon cards ever, I had a moltres a mew, even a mewtwo my friend gave me.

I lost it in my dad's house....I ******** up there.

now I wanna paly my fire red dramallama dramallama xp dramallama dramallama

cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine cheese_whine  

MrFropalopagus

Solitary Nightmare

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 3:35 am
the old pokemon rocked, but the new one sucks. I used to watch it when i could. I used to like it* *(i still like it a little)* and i think i still have some of the pokemon cards and i also have two games of pokemon that i still play 3nodding even though one sorta sucks sweatdrop .but i still like playing it, by the way if you want to know the names of the two games i have its :pokemon snap and :pokemon puzzle league! 3nodding 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 8:57 am
wow now I feel old too!  

RizaxOxHawkeye

deathsomega

PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 9:59 am
ahhh the good days...not the good old days though i will admit pokemon did used to be ALOT better back than, im currently 19 and i still buy a deck or a pack of pokemon cards here and there, i stoped liking it mid-way through high school...than one day while being supppppeeeeeerrrrr board outta my mind i was looking at youtube vids. so i found a vid that was just calling out to me it was tittled "are you board...click here" lol serous, anyways the video started....it went something like this "are you board" i said "yes" "do you need a hobby" i said" maybe" thennn,,,"then you should tryyy...the pokemon trading card game".after that i thought well i've gotten laid and im pretty popular now, i have a job...what have i got to loose, i went out and brought 2 of the new starter decks...(when i was young i didn't know how to play pokemon cards i just collected them)...me and my gf started plying and i picked up quick...blah blah blah i dont want to go through all the details, but now i've gotten about 8 friends to start collcting and playing them, its really crazy...and i promise im not a nerd i just started back up it is a fun and addicting game...and if your trying to get a certain card now its alot harder cuz theres a crap load out there now...would i recomend going out and starting back up...if you used to like pokemon than YES you should give it a spin and see if you like it still wink  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 23, 2009 10:07 am
Goddess Ace
I'm going to get all the old Pokemon games - they were so much fun. whee My sister has gold and she has to get red & blue. I'm getting Silver for Christmas.

you dont have to go out and buy them...just search on google for a gba emulator download it...the pic looks like a game boy advaced, then search on google pokemon roms you should have no trouble finding it, once you have em' both downloaded, you can open the gba emulator and drag the pokemon rom over to it and bam you have any pokemon game on your computer(givin the fact you downloaded it)and dont worry you can save and load your games if you(or anyone)wants more info feel free to pm me i'll tell you more or give you more detailed instruction cool  

deathsomega

Unholy Omen

PostPosted: Wed Dec 02, 2009 2:01 pm
I still kinda like it, but now it isn't the same thing... there are episodes where ash doesn't even appear, misty and brock are completly gone, the eight badges ash had to get is now 1000 badges, and now there is a whole lot more than just 150 pokemons... face it pokemon isn't the same anymore... cry  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 04, 2009 4:57 pm
If I still knew where my GBAsp was, I'd probably still play my old copy of red from time to time, but as far as new games go it pretty much went "SPLOOT" after gold, silver, and crystal, and those were already showing some serious lapses in judgment (a fraggin' PINK SHEEP!? SERIOUSLY!? Who in that or any world would see a pink sheep that goes "flaaaa" and say "That's the one! That's the one I can use to stop an international criminal organization and challenge the greatest trainers in the entire world.). Still, it really was sort of a big part of my childhood, and I still keep all those old cards for sentimentality's sake. But I never could stand the TV show, so I can't really comment there.

And for TehBalani, I think this VGcats comic says it all.
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/?strip_id=263 xp  

Officer Hot-Pants

Dedicated Lunatic

9,900 Points
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Destroyer of Cuteness 150
  • Marathon 300

Cupperd

5,400 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Gaian 50
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 12:46 am
My opinion is kids should learn the game the way we learned it: pokemon red/blue. My gosh was that an awesome game. I bought Pearl a few months ago to see what changed in so many years and I nearly got a heart attack. It's all 3D-ish and it's more alien-like than Pokémon. I mean, they should also stop giving every original pokemon an evolution and a prevolution. Porygon got a Porygon-2 and a Porygon-Z now...

If you're not creative enough to find a decent name, just dont create the pokemon - well if you can call blending corners creating -

BUT THATS JUST MY OPINION biggrin

Still, it's good games to kill time and feel like a child again ^^  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 21, 2009 7:12 am
I miss the old Pokemon (its cuz is a FULL CRAP NOW crying XO)  

Cxxkie

1,100 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
JAPANAMANIA (Anime, JTV, Jpop/rock, Manga.)

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games