Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Private Homes
Nott Castle and Estates Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:38 pm
User Image
==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====
ωilliam Ɍadcliffe
Sixth Year → Gryffindor

==== ♋ ==== ♋ ====

►The man... The mystery... The legend...◄

Will took Aravis' hand and led her through the guests at the party, smiling. He found his parents hovering by the food table, quietly observing the party. They were determined to give their children all the space they wanted. One of their children was already an adult, having graduated from Hogwarts this year. The other was a brilliant young man who was also close to graduating. When Will spotted his parents, he leaned closer to Aravis. "Here they are," he said to her and led her over to them. "Hey Mom. Dad. This is my girlfriend Aravis. Aravis Rosentha."

Out Of Character: ...

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 5:41 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
HOGWARTS GRADUATE
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬

Tamara had scanned the crowds after she made it through the door and finally spotted Ronyo. Starting to make her way towards him, her attention was drawn back to the door as the da Vinci twins arrived, trailed by Dante Prince. She quickly pressed herself into a dark alcove to observe the three boys. Muttering under her breath, she pushed herself out of the alcove, brushed off her black dress and continued towards Ronyo. She parted from the crowd and smiled at her young protege. "Hey Ronyo," she said, throwing a glance back at Dante. "Sorry I didn't respond to your message. Something came up."  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:29 pm
Ethan King

User Image

User Image

Second Year Ravenclaw

User Image

"What if she didn't come, Da?" Ethan's shy voice came from the back of the shiny black Range Rover as it pulled into the Notts' long driveway. William king had rented the car for this occasion, as the family normally just traveled by floo powder. Ethan was clawing nervously at the seat, his brow furrowed in a tentative way. He'd never been to a ball before, and he didn't really know what to do. The girl he liked would probably be there, and everything had to be perfect. Ethan had bribed his mother into styling his hair, and he'd made his parents vow not to come. He'd even dressed in his best shirt and jacket. Cathryn was sure to notice, wasn't she?
"Now, now, Ethan, she'll be there. I talked to the O'Malleys and they said they're all going. Your mother and I were going to meet them, but as you'd prefer us not to..." Mr. King's voice trailed off, and he brought the car to a halt. His son was still looking quite nervous, and he couldn't help but remember his first ball, which was quite a while ago.
"Da, what if she doesn't like my shirt?"
Mr. King chuckled. "Son, if she's really worth all of the fuss, she won't even care what you're wearing. Now if you don't get out of this car this instant, I'm coming in there with you and telling everyone how much I love my wittle sonny wonny."
This was enough to get the boy out and gone. He watched as his father drove away, then turned towards the large castle. He gasped and hesitated, then finally mustered the courage to enter. His eyes swept the festively decorated parlor and settled on a tall man who was undoubtedly the host of the party. Ethan walked slowly up to the man, and managed to utter, "Hello, I'm Ethan King. Have you seen a little girl with red hair anywhere?" It was just then that Ethan noticed Mr. and Mrs. O'Malley, and he nearly fell over. "Oh, hi, Mr. O'Malley, Mrs. O'Malley, where might I find Cathryn?" He simply stood there after that, his eyes wide with nervousness.

║▌│█│║▌║││█ ▌█ ▌█ ▌ ║▌│█│║

I am at the Nott Castle
with a bunch of people from school and stuff
and I'm going ---

PostPosted: Sat Jan 21, 2012 7:48 pm
Shannon O'Malley
Hogwarts Alumni: Gryffindor
Owner:
Flourish and Blotts

User Image

"Well, hello Ethan!" Shannon exclaimed, greeting her daughter's friend and fellow Ravenclaw. She didn't know Ethan very well, only having been to his parent's house once, but from the stories Cathryn told of school, Shannon had a pretty fair amount of knowledge about him. "She's upstairs on the third floor, looking for the son of our wonderful host. His name's Tay. Are your parents here, by any chance?" Shannon doubted if Pricilla would have come, being a muggle and all, but maybe William came.

-Zany-

Age: 42 | Relationship Status: Married | Injuries/Illnesses: None

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:05 pm
Ethan King

User Image

User Image

Second Year Ravenclaw

User Image

Ethan shuddered at Mrs. O'Malley's question. Maybe he shouldn't have gone to such lengths to keep his parents at home. Still, he preferred their absence. "No, Katherine was sick so Mum and Da stayed home." The guilt that lying brought on was too much, and Ethan dashed away quickly, locating the stairs. He leapt up them two at a time.
Navigating the hallways was more difficult than he'd expected. They wound this way and that, and there were plenty of intersections. Ethan was almost ready to give up when he decided to look down one more hallway. He strode to the corner feeling a bit exhausted, and peered around the corner.
His heart sunk. Cathryn was there all right. She was present in all of her red-haired glory, looking stunning, as usual. It wasn't her that made Ethan feel terrible. Standing next to her was a handsome slytherin, a second-year by the looks of it. Ethan had known that Cathryn only thought of him as a friend, but he'd hoped that maybe she'd discover that she liked him. Things didn't seem at all promising now.
Upon closer inspection, Ethan saw another boy that they were talking to. At first glance, it would have seemed like a social chitter, but something felt fishy to Ethan. Perhaps it was the look on the slytherin's face, or that of the terrified boy across from him. Either way, Ethan didn't like this scene the tiniest bit. Maybe Cathryn would never like him, but he wasn't going to let her get mixed up in anything un-savory. Taking control of the situation, he strode up to her and whispered in her ear from behind. "What are you doing, Cathryn? Something bad's happening here." He would have said more, but he didn't want the Nott boy noticing his concern. He straightened up and spoke in his most Charming voice, "Hello there Cathryn. Good to see you. And this must be..." he indicated the boy she was with, waiting for an introduction.

I am at the Nott Castle
and I'm going ---

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:25 pm
Cathryn O'Malley
Hogwarts Second-Year: Ravenclaw

User Image

She jumped as a voice whispered in her ear. She whirled around only to find that the voice belonged to Ethan King, her best friend. "Ethan!" She squealed, not loud enough to be disrupting, but loud enough to convey her enthusiasm. She threw her arms around his neck, until she realized that there were other people present. "I thought you weren't coming! Ethan, this is William Dante Nott the Third, also known as Tay." Turning to Tay, Cathryn added, "Tay, this is Ethan King, my best friend and fellow second year Ravenclaw." She hadn't heard what Ethan had said at first, being so caught up with how cute Tay was, and how startling Ethan had been. All she knew is that two of her favorite people were here, and that something exciting was happening.

-Rowena-

-Maximus-

Age:12 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses:None

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 1:55 pm
Ethan King

User Image

User Image

Second Year Ravenclaw

User Image

A pang of annoyance flooded Ethan's mind. The girl hadn't even heard him! He played it cool for a while until there was a break in the conversation. He began tugging on his friend's hand, and whispered again with more force, "Cat, we gotta go. Something fishy's goin' on here, don't you see?"

I am at the Nott Castle
and I'm going ---

[[Bleh, Short Post sad ]]

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 2:58 pm
Cathryn O'Malley
Hogwarts Second-Year: Ravenclaw

User Image

"Oh, fine!" Cat responded to Ethan's insistent tugging. She let him lead her to the top of the stairs, then stopped. "Ethan! What's the matter? It's not like anything bad is happening! Something cool is going on! I want to find out what's happening, and then we can go, okay?" Cat said, slightly annoyed at Ethan. He was way overreacting! "Anyway, I hadn't even said goodbye to my new friend!" With that, she marched back to where she had left Tay, still curious as to the current events.

-Rowena-

-Maximus-

Age:12 | Relationship Status:Single | Injuries/Illnesses:None

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:27 pm
Nott Family Castle User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Second Year

As Ronyo waited to see if Phi felt like dancing another, more recent, friendly face came around. Ronyo smiled as Tamara greeted Ronyo and apologized for not getting back to him about the summer practice sessions. As Ronyo had thought Tamara had indeed been pressed with other matters, which were likely on a high scale than whatever was going on at Hogwarts at present. With a smile Ronyo gestured a hand to Phi as he introduce her as he took his hat off with the other to properly greet Tamara during such an occasion.

"Tamara this is my friend from Ravenclaw Phi, she pretty much embodies the qualities that make a Ravenclaw so. Don't worry about the matter if you had things to take care of, the lesson you gave me has already improved my abilities and given me more to work on myself, and I must say you look fabulous Tamara." Ronyo smiled and wanted to chat about more business matters in regards to Tay and what he may be up to but thought it better to continue to lighten the mood for Phi, "We were just discussing hitting the dance floor and enjoying what this gathering was meant to be. If you would like to join us I'm sure you could convince some gentlemen to accompany you onto the floor. If not I will try and fill the spot after my dance with Phi, as I did ask her first."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 3:29 pm
Ethan King

User Image

User Image

Second Year Ravenclaw

User Image

Hurt, and a bit angry, Ethan decided to let the girl go. What concern of his was it what she did? Yeah, he liked her, but since she most certainly didn't notice, he would just have to move on. He watched her disappeared back into the hallway. "Forget it," he said to himself, and stormed down the stairs. This night hadn't gone at all as planned, and he had to pack for school. So much for a good summer. When the boy reached the parlor, he simply stormed right past the O'Malleys and Mr. Nott and right out the door. His father had been instructed not to come until later, so Ethan had no ride. Instead, he simply walked briskly down the drive and chose a direction, without so much as a thought to whether or not he'd get lost.

Ethan walked for some time, until he grew tired and cold. Then, he sat on the curb and rested, thinking to himself about his actions. Maybe he was overreacting. Maybe he shouldn't have left the castle. No, he definitely shouldn't have. Liking someone did that to you, it made you make all the wrong decisions. Deciding to do a better job, he stood and began walking the same direction he had come, towards the castle. By now, his father would probably be there. People might have started worrying. Still, It was all he could to to just keep walking. He vowed to himself that if Cathryn didn't like him, he would find someone else. Or maybe not. He was only twelve.

I am at the Nott Castle
and I'm going home... or wherever.

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Dolphina Oceanus

Invisible Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 4:57 pm
Shannon O'Malley
Hogwarts Alumni: Gryffindor
Owner:
Flourish and Blotts

User Image

Shannon watched as the King boy stomped down from the stairs and out the door. Something was definitely amiss. She spoke to Peter, "Peter, I think we had better get going. It's getting late, our daughter is nowhere to be seen, and her best friend is in a foul mood. It's probably best if we call it quits. I'll go get Cathryn, you go see if you can find Ethan."

Peter nodded, and the two of them set off in opposite directions.

-Zany-

Age: 42 | Relationship Status: Married | Injuries/Illnesses: None

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:06 pm
User Image

❤❤ T A M A R AR A D C L I F F E
HOGWARTS GRADUATE
¦¦ if you're going through hell, keep on going
xxxxxxxxxx x x

Tamara smiled at the introduction to Phinelia and held out her hand for the girl to shake. Then Ronyo mentioned the dance floor. She glanced at it, then back and gave a sly smirk. "I think I'll be fine. My friend is here and I feel like intruding on their conversations," she said, pointing towards where Xenos, Xerxes and Dante were standing. "Before you depart, however, I'd like to talk about the lessons." She leaned against the wall to watch Ronyo for a little bit.  

Professor Tahiri

Liberal Lunatic

8,700 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Forum Junior 100

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 5:40 pm
Nott Family Castle User Image
Ronyo Storm - Slytherin
Second Year

With a nod Ronyo watched as Tamara's eyes made quick darts in the direction she knew her "friend" to be in. The lack of smile and tone in her voice when she spoke the words gave the boy a bit of insight into what she was getting at. If it had not been for his friends and his own conflict Ronyo might have missed the subtle quip.

Ronyo also smiled after thinking about how odd the second half of his request sounded as he was only just about to reach his thirteenth birthday and his third year at Hogwarts while she was a graduate and likely close to her eighteenth birthday. Still he would have done his best not to embarass the young woman had she wished to take him up on the offer. He did lean in a bit at the talk of his lessons, which Ronyo had not thought would still be a viable option.

"Of course, if you're going to be too busy I certainly understand. I would not turn aside any assistance you could provide me and am general open for whenever suits you best though."  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 7:32 pm
Ethan King

User Image

User Image

Second Year Ravenclaw

User Image

After an hour or two of walking in the cold night air, the sight of the castle was a welcome one. Ethan was still in a very foul mood, but he was beginning to cheer up a bit. It was very late, and he was getting hungry. Perhaps his mother had some leftovers waiting for him at home. Tomorrow, he would leave for Hogwarts, and the thought of it made him smile.
It was a short-lived smile. Ethan found an unexpected person standing in the drive. He would have thought it was his father, but the fiery red hair stood well out against the night. Mr. O'Malley had come out to find him, and would probably be questioning him. Ethan grimaced at the thought. All he wanted to do now was to go home and sleep. Still, he knew he had to start being responsible if Cathryn was to even consider him. He know held the knowledge that she liked older guys, and older meant more mature. So, putting on his best manners, he simply walked up to Mr. O'Malley. "Yes, sir?" he asked, for the man was looking at him oddly. Ethan braced himself for whatever chastisement came his way.

I am somewhere near the Nott Castle... oh look, there it is
with nobody... oh wait... Mr. O'Malley
and I'm going ---

KlutzyChild

Gracious Gekko

5,600 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Citizen 200
  • Signature Look 250

Pale Mist

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, 2012 10:58 pm

phinelia von ichval
User Image
User Image
User Image
pre-thrid year - ravenclaw
hermes
“In the country of the blind, the one-eyed man is king.”
– Desiderius Erasmus
“The haft of the arrow had been feathered with one of the eagle’s own plumes. We often give our enemies the means of our own destruction.”
– Aesop
“There is only one good, knowledge, and one evil, ignorance.”
– Socrates
“If the brain were so simple we could understand it, we would be so simple we couldn’t.”
– Lyall Watson

wearing: formal summer dress

╔══════════════════╗

Phinelia blinked in some confusion, "The Radcliffes?" she inquired, not for reasons of being unfamiliar with the name - the Radcliffe children were well known in the echoing halls for Hogwarts - but simply as to why her friend brought them up. Phi wondered if Ronyo perhaps knew either the brother or the sister Radcliffe since he was being so specific on them and his tone had a sense of comfort with the name. She had never seen him so much as be in the same room as one of them let alone hear their name mentioned by him.
Just as she was about to inquire further, forgetting his request to dance, the very figure her mind had instinctively visualized appeared before the two of them, dressed in black with styled hair and piercing eyes. Phi felt at a complete loss to the confusion that swirled like a stormy tide around her.
He Ronyo not the curtsy to introduce the two of them to each other, the redhead might have spent another three minutes staring at the beautiful girl with wide eyes. Instead, because of Ronyo's gentlemanly action, Phi took and gently shook the young woman's hand in greeting, nodding with the faintest trace of a smile ghosting her features as her eyes remained locked on the strong creature before her. Everything, from the wild hair and razor-sharp eyes to the demanding stance and strong posture gave the aura and living shadow of a lion. Strength, bravery and instinct.
In that overcast lack-luster of light, Phinelia felt like a sparrow; anxious, jittery and ever so fragile to a fault.
Phinelia could not help being mesmerized by the feeling.

She kept her silence and held from asking the burning question that scorched her mind and would reveal how they met. And with good instinct as soon enough, the mention of lessons gave her a calmness to her inquiry. Phi turned and smiled fully to Ronyo wordlessly, it pleased her to see how dedicated he was toward finding the flaws and strengths behind the mystery of his two wands. With Tamara being famous for her dueling abilities, Phi could easily guess these lessons were nothing like the library-scouring their shared previous summer had been. Perhaps Ronyo had to learn how to run before he could learn how to walk.
A thought suddenly hatched and fluttered around her mind. She turned her focus back toward including the older schoolmate into her vision and her face was hinting at a smile once more, eyes in full grin, however. An opportunity had come as a guest with the arrival of Tamara Radcliffe.
"Please, if you need to discuss things now, I impose no longer. Tam- Ms Radcliffe," her molten dark eyes turned to the young woman, "It was a pleasure to meet you. Congratulations on graduating."
And without even allowing a lapse of breath, much less a word of declaration from either, Phi turned on her high-pointed heel and swept herself into the crowds.

A part of her felt instantaneous guilt and inflicted betray towards Ronyo for leaving so abruptly in the hands of one who was also about to depart. However, a much more dominant part was filling her pulsating veins with liquid electricity as she slide through the spaces between persons, using her short stature as camouflage in these new shadows. As she walked, as fast as he dress, her shoes, and the crowd would allow, her free hand had reached into the purse she had kept with her and dove elbow-depth. The magic charm placed on it had allowed a hundredfold more space in the bag - space for her just-as-charmed stolen book, her wand, her other books, a few potions, currency both muggle and magic and a small leather pouch. Her fingers grazed the texture of the pouch and she grabbed it, wrenching it out as her stride only quickened with increased graze in avoiding torsos and legs. Holding it steadily, she loosened the string tightening it shut, reach two fingers into it, feeling the dry grain of the black powder inside, and pinched a small amount. That hand flew over her head and allowed the powder to fall onto her fiery head. The moment the powder made contact with the red hair, it instantly turned a dull shade of black. Not a trace of the previous fire that had made the girl's head its home. She re-tightened the string on the pouch and returned it to the purse, instead reaching for her malus wand.
Wielding it, she undid her styled braid and let it hand loose around her shoulders. The last of the locks being swept behind her ear as she reached the standing stone wall of the room. The crowd thinned here, making a clear space out of the way of a large set of doors. Above the fashioned wood, engraved in the stone read in ornate letters East Sitting Hall. The doors were slightly agar and the former redhead could tell some of the crowd had spilled inside. Slipping through the crack, she found a sparsely populated sitting room peppered with ancient and beautiful furniture and decorations. Phi finally slowed her walk and began to glide around the clusters of small groups, keeping attention away from her as to allow them to continue chatting meaninglessly about politics, business, work and spouses. Her eyes wandered to the ceiling as her feet moved her slowly along the gigantic Persian rug carpeting the floors. Her molten irises were not inspecting the interesting ceiling tapestry as much as they were calculating a map of the castle; on her initial flight down to the first level of the estate form the third, Phi's eyes had caught sign of both an engraved arch above a set of doors reading Library as well as glimpse through a crack onto the promise of countless books laying within. Phinelia knew that if her mission toward finding whatever secrets the Nott family held regarding Tay of the spirit in possession of Woil, it would be in the library. If her flashed memory and mental map served, then the library was build right above the two sitting room chambers of this East Wing.
Her eyes lowered from the ceiling and began to trace along the towering artworks hanging from the wallpapered walls. From family portraits to Dutch style farmscapes. Attempts at hiding her haste at finding a flight of stairs were completed by looking over every decoration and aspect of environment in the sitting room. Just as her eyes had landed on a line of busts standing proudly on an oak mantle, Phi spotted a rather less-than-ostentatious staircase leading straight up. It seemed out of place in the otherwise extremely regal sitting room in its plainness, however very comforting and normal.
With the steps of a mouse, Phinelia carefully ascended, making caution towards having little to no attention drawn to her by her rise to another floor.
As her now-darkly colored head rose just above the merged floor and ceiling dividing the first from the second floor, the familiar dry smell of ancient parchment lifted her spirits into the air as she mentally entered the library before she did visually.
The sea of bookshelves expanded so far in the open, empty room that it seemed the walls had opened their rock-stitched mouths and ingested them. Making themselves one with the wood and the marble of the room. Ever aspect, each column and bookshelves, each sitting chair and candle stick seemed molded out from the floors, walls and ceiling; all one created space.
Phinelia stepped from the last stair of the stairwell and onto the hardwood of the paneled floor. A cool, calmness flowed through her, peacefully eliminating the previously coursing electricity. She also felt like a piece - a molded part from the same origin as ever other object. A decoration of the room or a word in a book; she felt as though she was a part of the whole of the room. The girl breathed in a living breath and very slowly released it. Allowing ever cold smell to touch each of her cells and change each of her bones into a part of the room. Her molten eyes flickered with how comfortable she felt - every muscle relaxed, especially her mind. She took in ever detail in front of her, slowly moving in a circle to view the rest of the room.
From the corner of her eyes, she could see an unfocused patch of textured darkness on the wall facing her back. She turned and her eyes widened before they had a chance to focus on the incredible tapestry painted on the wall. Textures and painted elements danced in a numb symphony with the gold-kissed letters of names and the cold glances of golden eyes as she stared at the complete, and impressively expansive Nott Family Tree.

╚══════════════════╝

User Image

Private Homes

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas