Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Whizz Hard Books ~ Open! (Now Hiring!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:32 pm
~John James~

~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

User Image
~John sighed, looking at this man. He always had trouble working with straight laced people. What must this man think of him? He wondered. Then tge elder spoke abs he felt hope. He had not just been told No off the bat. "I am willing to do any job that I am able Sir. I can learn most skills" He said, gulping. He was a very determined person and would put all his time into doing a job right. He needed to keep a job that badly. His last job had fired him for not being able to use magic after 3 months.
However, I have worth~

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 2:45 pm
User Image

Gearvin gave the teen another once-over before gesturing toward a sign. "I am currently hiring for several positions, however, you would have to fill out an application. You would also need a resume and references. After an interview, we shall see if you are hired or not." He could care less about if the teen was a squib or not, as long as he performed his position properly.

[[Please fill out the application found on page 1 and PM it to me if you want to apply for a position]]  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 3:05 pm
~John James~

~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

User Image
~John smiled at that. He was being given a shot. He did not have more then 1 reference that would vouch for him, but the shot was making him happy. His other jobs had been under the table and illegal to hire him as he had been under age. He took an application, filling it out. He was smiling still.
However, I have worth~

PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 8:54 pm
~John James~

~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

User Image
~John filled out the application. He had his single reference with him. When he was done he handed it over to Mr. Whitethorn. "Here Sir" He said, smiling again. He hopped that it was enough.
However, I have worth~

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:08 pm
User Image

Gearvin nodded and looked over the application. Raising an eyebrow, he looked to the man and beckoned him foward. "Please, come to my office."

He walked by Nalla, and nodded toward her. "Miss Nostradamus, if there are no further questions, then I will see you in the morning. Please come prepared, and expect to be busy tomorrow. Have a good evening, and any other questions can be answered in the morning should you think of any others."

Gesturing toward his office, he looked over at John. "Please come in and have a seat."  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:16 pm
~John James~

~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

User Image
~John saw him raise a brow and paled. He hopped that eyebrow was a good thing. He followed tge man, taking a seat when asked, hands nervously clinched in his lap. He bit his lip. "Sir... Please. I'm willing to do any kind of work....I'll work for minimum wage..." He said, looking up, his eyes tired and musky desperate.
However, I have worth~

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 9:31 pm
User Image

Gearvin sat behind his desk, placing the application down in front of him. He then studied the teen. He didn't care if John was desperate for the job, but if he could perform the functions of the work necessary. "Master James, how much experience do you have in the publishing industry? I know it would say on your application, but I would like to hear it from you." He was currently ignoring James's initial comments and instead trying to judge for himself why this boy would want the position.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:39 pm
~John James~

~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

User Image
~John sighed. This man was... Clinical in his work. He gulped. He had been in a magazine once, but that had no reference. Vegas also worked in a book store. "I worked in the book store for 7 months. So I know what people buy... Or at lest, what people in knoturn... Umm... I can also read braille...." He said. He did not know if that was a skill. "I learned with my brother. He's super smart". He had a mild brother complex. It was evident in his eyes when he spoke about him.
However, I have worth~

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 10:54 pm
User Image

Gearvin sighed and crossed his arms. "...I take it you have no experience with being an agent or an editor." He suddenly had the urge to get a good heavy drink but managed to supress the urge. Honestly, the teen had no experience related to publishing, which obviously didn't do well. However there was another position which was open. "What about experience as a receptionist? Taking messages and directing people to where they need to go?" It was still a position that needed to be filled, regardless of who filled it. The only question that Gearvin had was whether the boy would be competent.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:04 pm
~John James~

~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

User Image
~John listened, before shaking his head. He did not know how to edit or publish or be an agent. Honestly he was expecting to be given a cleaning job if anything. But people, he could work with people. "Yes, I used to do both those things at my old job at the book store. My boss was never in" he said, rubbing his head sheepishly. He smiled slightly, seeming to have a skidish personality in front of this man. he usually had a much cooler out look, but this man seemed to be to smart for that.
However, I have worth~

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:13 pm
User Image

Gearvin nodded a bit. Now he was getting somewhere. The boy hadn't stated where he'd like to work, somewhat of a staple in his book. Gearvin wanted to hear where they wanted to be, not that they could do anything. "What kind of work was it, and how would you rate yourself in that position?" He could always contact John's former employer later, and find out precisely why the boy had been let go. Not doing magic, indeed! He supressed the urge to snort aloud at the thought, but just barely. Not every job required you to have magic, though it did help. He hated to admit it, but muggles and squibs made do just fine without.  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:23 pm
~John James~

User Image
~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

~John watched, he started to ring his hands again, looking all over. "I shelved books, helped customers and cleaned..umm..I rate my self a...7?" he said. The shop he worked in had not been overly popular, so he had had a lot of off time. He had swept and dusted in that time. He had been able to help customers easily thanks to knowing where everything was. He had been let go because of his inability to use magic on the heavy boxes that came in weekly. He had dropped one of the boxes, getting the continents all muddy and ruining them.
However, I have worth~

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:41 pm
User Image

Gearvin thought for a moment. John clearly had some experience, as well as was used to helping out around when needed. He however didn't have all that much experience, and seemed unsure about himself, if the teen's fidgeting was anything to go by. He considered the pros and cons for a bit, and weighed them against each other. The teen could learn as he went on the job, and depending on how well he did, he stood a chance that perhaps he could learn other positions in the company. Finally reaching a decision, he nodded.

"Well then, I will have to go over your references to make sure, but you stand a good chance to get the position. It does not require for you to have magic, and certain things on the job can be learned if necessary. I suggest you be a quick study, as some things will require you to learn quickly. The job requires you to send and receive messages, and also to deal with the public at large. You will answer questions and direct people to where they need to be. You will be in a probationary position until either I deem you trained enough, or you are let go. I expect you to act professionally while on the job, and to dress professionally. The moment that you act in a manner that reflects badly upon this establishment, you will be let go without any notification. Am I clear?"  
PostPosted: Sun May 06, 2012 11:53 pm
~John James~

User Image
~I may have no father...
Or magic....~

~John felt him self fill with dread...and joy. He had got the job. He had the change to at lest make some money. He got up, bowing to the man. "Thank you for this chance Sir. I will do my best..I won't let you down...I will study" he said. His eyes were honest and clear. "Is..Um...is this outfit OK?" he asked. It was his best clothes. Everything else he had was old street clothes. "I won't act bad Sir" he said. He really would do his utmost.
However, I have worth~

Ura the rainbow King

Tipsy Trafficker

11,250 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:05 am
User Image

Gearvin almost let out a sigh of annoyance, but held it in check. It must be his week, he mused, to be accosted with people that seemed to need assistance. He suddenly wondered if he was getting soft, but shoved the idea out of his mind. He was not becoming addled with old age, he thought determinedly. Out loud, he stated, "Unfortunately, you may need to get some things to wear for the job. After all, as the receptionist, you will be the first thing that people see when they walk in the door, and someone well-dressed will go a long way in providing a good image to the shop. If necessary, I can provide some funds to assist you with that, but it would be a loan, and would have to be paid back."

[[I need to get to bed. Figure could continue this tomorrow if you want]]  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces