Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Shop Owner Basics and Information (Must Read) (DA) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Wed Apr 02, 2014 5:15 pm
Hello, my name is Selena Wynters

I would like to purchase TerrorTours

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I was hired on not long after graduating Hogwarts as a Researcher, someone they sent off to exotic places to review the locations to determine who the company would do business with. Going on holiday for free most of the year meant that I saved plenty of money on my living situation, food and such, so I was able to save most everything I earned. When the owner decided to retire, he sold the company to the highest bidder, me. I don't get to travel as much anymore, but I do love my job, and when I do travel, I always get the best treatment, like I'm royalty. It's quite lovely.

The things I love about this shop are getting to travel, showing my daughter the world, helping people plan their dream holiday, exploring exotic locations and getting the opportunity to meet so many people from so many different cultures.

The things I despise about this shop are that since becoming owner, my free time and time spent abroad has sadly lessened, that I've had to keep my daughter out of a normal school system (I'm afraid she doesn't have any friends because of it), the confusion that is unavoidable between a native speaker of a language and someone who is still learning (guess which one I am), having to give resorts bad reviews for poor service and having problem customers who won't accept why they can't have a beach vacation in the middle of a Russian winter.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:13 am
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Charlize Wynters

I would like to purchase GalloLoans

How did I come to get this shop? Well... The company was founded by my dear, departed husband's family. He was the only male child born to his family, so naturally when his parents died, sole ownership was transferred to him. He made me a partner, an agreement we had set while he was courting me, and named me to be the sole beneficiary of his will to prevent his two older sisters from seizing control, assuming that if it remained in my hands, our son Alec would inherit when he came of age. Of course, that won't be the case now... but I digress.

The things I love about this shop are working with money, being able to help those less fortunate, having something to do with my time, having a steady income and getting to meet all sorts of people.

The things I despise about this shop are having to be hard on clients who don't keep up payments, being unable to change the interest rate (it's in the contract, unfortunately), not having much time to spend with my children, dealing with the legal work when things go sour and not being able to help more when someone is in a bad spot.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Actually that's all a lie, I love taking money from people, I love it when they can't pay and I get to take everything they have, and I despise dealing with poor people. But, ah, well. At least I get to lord my power over them.

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 11:21 am
Cara MiaKitty
Hello, my name is Selena Wynters

I would like to purchase TerrorTours

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I was hired on not long after graduating Hogwarts as a Researcher, someone they sent off to exotic places to review the locations to determine who the company would do business with. Going on holiday for free most of the year meant that I saved plenty of money on my living situation, food and such, so I was able to save most everything I earned. When the owner decided to retire, he sold the company to the highest bidder, me. I don't get to travel as much anymore, but I do love my job, and when I do travel, I always get the best treatment, like I'm royalty. It's quite lovely.

The things I love about this shop are getting to travel, showing my daughter the world, helping people plan their dream holiday, exploring exotic locations and getting the opportunity to meet so many people from so many different cultures.

The things I despise about this shop are that since becoming owner, my free time and time spent abroad has sadly lessened, that I've had to keep my daughter out of a normal school system (I'm afraid she doesn't have any friends because of it), the confusion that is unavoidable between a native speaker of a language and someone who is still learning (guess which one I am), having to give resorts bad reviews for poor service and having problem customers who won't accept why they can't have a beach vacation in the middle of a Russian winter.

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 1:03 pm
Hello, my name is Rose Hall

I would like to purchase Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I've been scrimping and saving since the demise of my parents, and managed to get enough together from what I got as inheritance to purchase the shop from the previous owner.

The things I love about this shop are the new people I meet, the ability to try out new recipes and see what works or not, the atmosphere in the shop, the location, and the opportunity to have a new start.

The things I despise about this shop are the bookkeeping, people that annoy me at the shop, bad flavours of ice cream, slow days, and the possibility of not being successful.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I've always wanted to stretch my culinary skills, and this is a perfect opportunity for me to do it.

Lady Pomegranates

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Apr 10, 2014 7:24 pm
Diamond Wales
Hello, my name is Rose Hall

I would like to purchase Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlour

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I've been scrimping and saving since the demise of my parents, and managed to get enough together from what I got as inheritance to purchase the shop from the previous owner.

The things I love about this shop are the new people I meet, the ability to try out new recipes and see what works or not, the atmosphere in the shop, the location, and the opportunity to have a new start.

The things I despise about this shop are the bookkeeping, people that annoy me at the shop, bad flavours of ice cream, slow days, and the possibility of not being successful.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I've always wanted to stretch my culinary skills, and this is a perfect opportunity for me to do it.

Lady Pomegranates

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Mon Apr 14, 2014 12:50 pm
Sir Spazalots
XxXDevil-Chan
Hello, my name is August Morris

I would like to work at Ollivander's

The things I love about this shop are wands have always been an interest of mine, and I have always thought that maybe someday I'd go back to teach kids at Hogwarts so working in a shop that deals with kids on a daily basis is something that definitely appeals to me. Ollivander's is where I got my wand and it'd be an honor to work there now. There is also the fantastic thing of seeing the wonder in young wizards and witches eyes when they see magic for the first time, and I remember the feeling of getting my wand, so being able to give that feeling to others would be amazing.

The things I despise about this shop are I'm sure it gets rather busy over the summer and I don't much like crowds, It will mean I'll have to be away from my siblings, sometimes working with others doesn't really go well with me, it'll be hard for me to adjust to actually having to follow orders, and have set hours.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I love wands and have always been interested in them.

You Are Hired!

August Quits  

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 10:30 pm
Hello, my name is Lochland Ellis

I would like to purchase Slugg and Jiggers

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I used to work there as a clerk when it was owned by that nice family. But then they died and moved away and actually left me of all people the deed and title. At least, that's what the law wizards said when they finally told me after months of looking for work asshats.

The things I love about this shop are
+I already know what to do
+I love being around things associated with potions
+I can live above the shop and sell my dumb cramped flat
+I can do potions on slow days
+I only have to deal with kids maybe 2 to 3 months out the year

The things I despise about this shop are
-When the kids come back from school for those 2 to 3 months out of the year
-Unpacking the boxes of ingredients
-Shipping forms
-Paperwork
-Forms in general
-The smell that sometimes permeates from the back of the shop

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Even though the Hawthorne's left about a year or so ago, the shop's legalities have been tied up rather bad which is why I've suddenly come onto the deed and why I'm just now opening it back up.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2014 11:04 pm
Yukina101
Hello, my name is Lochland Ellis

I would like to purchase Slugg and Jiggers

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I used to work there as a clerk when it was owned by that nice family. But then they died and moved away and actually left me of all people the deed and title. At least, that's what the law wizards said when they finally told me after months of looking for work asshats.

+I already know what to do
+I love being around things associated with potions
+I can live above the shop and sell my dumb cramped flat
+I can do potions on slow days
+I only have to deal with kids maybe 2 to 3 months out the year

-When the kids come back from school for those 2 to 3 months out of the year
-Unpacking the boxes of ingredients
-Shipping forms
-Paperwork
-Forms in general
-The smell that sometimes permeates from the back of the shop

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Even though the Hawthorne's left about a year or so ago, the shop's legalities have been tied up rather bad which is why I've suddenly come onto the deed and why I'm just now opening it back up.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2014 2:41 pm
Hello, my name is Daniel Vincent

I would like to purchase Brews and Stews

How did I come to get this shop? Well... one day I was wandering about in Diagon Alley and happened to come across Brews and Stews. I had spent a lot of time traveling throughout Europe, spending time in hostels like this and I became fascinated by it. The owner was thinking of retiring and I went in and convinced to do just that and sell it, to me. I've always been quite the convincing person. Soon everything was official and now here I am.

The things I love about this shop are getting to meet new people, learning about other cultures, helping the people staying here, it gives me a chance to get away from the mundane, and experiencing new things.

The things I despise about this shop are rude clients, complaints, can have long hours, being completely in charge, and sometimes reminds me of my bad past.

Diamond Wales

PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:10 pm
Utsuha Moon
Note: this is for after Sunny graduates, but just putting art shop request out there so I claim it 0 3 0

Hello, my name isSun Henrick

I would like to purchase Art of This World

How did I come to get this shop? Well... I knew I wanted to do something related to art, because it's my passion. In Diagon Alley, where all of the shopping occurs, it was surprising to find none that sold art supplies, paintings, etc. So, I purchased an empty store, which I promptly redesigned and made into an arts supplies store.

- Being so close to my passion
- Further my art career through commissions
- Making children smile with my on-the-spot doodle requests
- I am my own boss
- I can draw all day

- Doing inventory is tiring
- I can't do more complicated paintings, since I don't have the time
- Children spilling food and beverage items onto art supplies
- Seeing people's disappointed looks when I decline commissions of portraits, because I only paint landscape and animals
- Telling people to not open boxes or cans

Accepted!  

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2014 9:14 pm
Maiya Kajuji
Hello, my name is Daniel Vincent

I would like to purchase Brews and Stews

How did I come to get this shop? Well... one day I was wandering about in Diagon Alley and happened to come across Brews and Stews. I had spent a lot of time traveling throughout Europe, spending time in hostels like this and I became fascinated by it. The owner was thinking of retiring and I went in and convinced to do just that and sell it, to me. I've always been quite the convincing person. Soon everything was official and now here I am.

The things I love about this shop are getting to meet new people, learning about other cultures, helping the people staying here, it gives me a chance to get away from the mundane, and experiencing new things.

The things I despise about this shop are rude clients, complaints, can have long hours, being completely in charge, and sometimes reminds me of my bad past.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:09 pm
Hello, my name is Benjamin Vincent

I would like to purchase Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment

How did I come to get this shop? Well... my brother owns Brews and Stews, the hostel above the store and after the last owner decided to sell he mentioned it in a conversation and it occurred to me that I probably needed a job of some kind and it seemed as good as anything. He got me and in with the last owner and he easily sold it to me and now here I am.

The things I love about this shop are helping others learn, it's quiet, finding just what people need, I get to learn from the people that come through here, and seeing new equipment.

The things I despise about this shop are when it gets busy, when there is a rush of new wizards, dealing with angry customers, so many fragile items, amount of upkeep it takes.

Diamond Wales

Maiya Kajuji

Beloved Bloodsucker

10,625 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • First step to fame 200
  • Team Jacob 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 7:25 pm
Maiya Kajuji
Hello, my name is Benjamin Vincent

I would like to purchase Wiseacre's Wizarding Equipment

How did I come to get this shop? Well... my brother owns Brews and Stews, the hostel above the store and after the last owner decided to sell he mentioned it in a conversation and it occurred to me that I probably needed a job of some kind and it seemed as good as anything. He got me and in with the last owner and he easily sold it to me and now here I am.

The things I love about this shop are helping others learn, it's quiet, finding just what people need, I get to learn from the people that come through here, and seeing new equipment.

The things I despise about this shop are when it gets busy, when there is a rush of new wizards, dealing with angry customers, so many fragile items, amount of upkeep it takes.

Diamond Wales

Accepted!  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2014 9:44 pm
Hello, my name is Lyre L. Lutrix

I would like to work at Whizz Hard Books

The things I love about this shop are that I can be surrounded by books all day, the intellectual clientel, meeting budding writers, calm and quiet environment, getting to read books... before they're published.

The things I despise about this shop are that there are usually a ton of errors in manuscripts, trying to follow literary trends, demanding customers, spending all my time on manuscripts, and the topics of some of the manuscripts.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! I adore reading, and am generally a quick reader. I have neat handwriting, so it won't be difficult to decipher. I'm planning on attending a muggle college while I work, so I'll likely be working at all hours of the day and night.

Diamond Wales

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2014 8:05 pm
Hello, my name is Seth Wynters

I would like to purchase Jimmy Kiddell's Wonderful Wands.

How did I come to get this shop? Well... Well, I have just gotten through apprenticeship for wandmaking, and I was trying to figure out a good place to work. I wanted to start at Ollivander's, but noticed this little shop that also made wands and I figured that I could work there as well. It was for sale, and I used the inheritance I got from my father's death to purchase it.

The things I love about this shop are well, making wands would be number one. Another would be the fact that especially for those younger sorts, they would discover what their wands are. Third would be the fact that I can set my own hours. Fourth would be trying to make a name for myself in the wand market and raise this shop from obscurity. Fifth, well, that would be the quiet I can experience during most of the year until new students arrive.

The things I despise about this shop are well, I'm not exactly outgoing, so the press of people would be obnoxious. Probably the obscurity too would be an issue for me. Hey, I want to make a name for myself, and if it can't rival Ollivander's, then I'm not doing something right. Also probably when people consider me to be not really good because I don't work at Ollivander's. The long hours I would have to work to make the shop successful would be another. Lastly, when I mess up a wand. Yeah, the materials don't come cheap, and I don't want to waste any of them.

Oh yes, there's something else I need to tell you! Wow, I need to put something else here? Well, I guess I hope that I do really well at the store and it becomes a huge success.  
Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff