Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Event Archive
Party Tent: The Masquerade Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:23 am
User Image
Adalaide is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking like a dark Fairy Tale at the Masquerade Ball.space
CURRENTLY // single // crushing on Chris // lovingspaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Michelle, the Masked Man and... Chris? Maybe?spacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Tumultuousspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Ooh, this is so exciting! It's like out of a Fairy Tale!' spacespac
'You didn't have to look my way;
Your eyes still haunt me to this day.'

═════════════════════════════════

Adalaide wanted to grit her teeth in frustration when the guy revealed himself to be the twin, but her ears trained on one word. Squib? Of course, that must be why Chris had never attended Hogwarts! If his twin, particularly if they were identical, which Ada was fairly certain of, was a squib, Chris probably was one as well. That made total sense, of course. At the 'Eww,' though, Ada wrinkled her nose, frowning. People were so insensitive, so judgmental! It was probably the one thing in all the world she could honestly say she hated to see. And... Chalmes? That was it. He was sort of acting like he was bracing himself for her to do the same, like he'd thrown the comment out so she'd say something rude and he could move on. The idea of so many people doing that to another person that they used that bitterness as a defense mechanism made the badger see red, and she couldn't help but be upset, because if Chalmes had gone through it, then Chris probably had, too. Her fists balled up. "Well, that's just horrible! People can be so stupid sometimes. I can't even... oh, that's awful." At this point, Ada was basically talking to herself, not quite ranting just yet, but close. She honestly couldn't believe people sometimes. The horrible, arrogant nerve of some idiots... and it had obviously been quite a few idiots, if Chalmes was so sensitive about it.

Her train of thought was finally broken by Chalmes' muttering. She didn't catch it all, just the words 'git' and 'take a hint.' It was enough to draw her attention, and she followed his gaze, her eyes landing on... White Fox, again, probably pestering some other poor person who was just trying to have a good time... she was a bit surprised to see that it was a guy, though. She'd been sure he'd look for another 'adorable' dance partner. Her eyes narrowed a bit. The guy standing next to her was Chalmes, that had been established... so then, the guy Fox was talking to... was Chris, she realized, her heartbeat speeding up a bit at the realization. She inhaled sharply. Oh, he looked so good. She supposed his twin did as well, but the monochromatic suit just... well, it suited him. A blush creeped up her face. Well, this was frustrating. He was actually here, in person, like she'd hoped, and... talking to the one person in the room who made it totally impossible for her to approach him. Because there was absolutely no way she was going anywhere near that guy. Not even...

She sighed, biting her lip. Not even for Chris? She'd been totally obsessing over him all Summer, and she wouldn't go talk to him because of one stupid guy? She tried to convince herself to do it, but couldn't. She grudgingly admitted to herself that she might be too nervous to approach him, anyway. He'd been thinking about her, yeah... but she still had no earthly idea why. She supposed that she might be cute... or adorable, she thought, the word annoying her since it had come from White Fox. But still, was that enough to make a guy actually like her? And she was so awkward and timid, and she was obsessed with plants, of all things. Not exactly interesting conversation to be had there. She sighed, shuffling her feet. Nope. No self-confidence. None. At least, not in this department. Which meant there was no way she was going to be able to convince herself to even take one step towards him.

White Fox's presence was just an excuse.

═════════════════════════════════
                                                          'But you did... yes, you did.'

User Image

(( OOC: ))

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:46 am
User ImageUser Image 

ஐ Pureblood ஐ Fifth Year ஐ Single ஐ

Show me how to lie. You’re getting better all the timeஐ 
                                                        And as you step back into line. A mob jumps to their feetஐ 
                                                        Now dance, dance Man, he never had a chance

Michelle was caught off guard as the White Fox asked her to dance instead. Her gaze didn't waver, even though a small part of her was curious enough to actually dance with him. It wasn't like she was afraid of him. She could take care of herself. A moment later though, while she was still debating the terrible idea, the masked man was gone. She slipped her wand away and crossed her arms over her chest. Silently silver eyes flickered between Ada and the boy who had threatened to punch faces in. The way Ada was acting.... only one person slipped into her mind. Chris. A smirk toyed on the edges of her lips as the boy revealed himself to be a squib and not who Ada was searching for. Strange wasn't it. It wasn't like Ada to get people confused.

Not a moment later, Michelle's eyes flicked to where the White Fox had reappeared. Her ears only vaugely listened as Ada ranted about horrible people and such. The Slytherin was sure the tiny girl was holding in a lot more on the subject. She always did get quite riled up about those sorts of things. She only returned her watchful gaze to her best friend when she fell silent. She couldn't help the small chuckle that escaped pale lips as the Hufflepuff blushed bright red.

"Oh come on then." She muttered, deftly lifting a pale hand to Ada's neck and guiding her through the crowd. She only paused to glance back at Chalmes. "Nice meeting you.... but try and punch me and you will regret it." She smiled sweetly at the boy, her eyes still icy cold before turning back around and making her and Ada's way over to Chris and the White Fox. She stopped in front of the two."Chris... I presume?" She asked simply, her eyes roving over him quickly, before deeming him okay enough (for now) to be with her best friend. "Ada." She said with a smirk before gently pushing the tiny girl towards the vampire.  

Her eyes then darted to the White Fox and she ground her teeth together. She would regret this later... she was sure of it, and Ada would owe her big time. She gave a small sigh and stony eyes stared up at his masked face. "I'll take you up on that dance offer.... I suppose." She muttered, holding out a pale hand to the man. Part of her would regret the decision, but she was helping Ada with the whole Chris thing, and hopefully making it up to her best friend for starting a fight about it earlier in the summer. Another part of her though, was curious and knew she could learn a lot from a simple dance. That part of her wouldn't regret it in the slightest. She would figure out who this masked man was. There wasn't a doubt in her mind about that. 

With a thousand lies, and a good disguiseஐ 
                                                        Hit ‘em right between the eyesஐ 
                                                        When you walk away, nothing more to sayஐ 
                                                        See the lightning in your eyes. See ‘em running for their lives

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Ronyo Storm

Werewolf

8,900 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Autobiographer 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:47 am
User Image

He had not expected the boy to actually say his name but then again maybe the White Fox thought about things way to hard sometimes. Why wouldn't he use his real name? Not wanting to play quiet for too long the white masked wizard nodded at the young man's statement about waiting on someone. It was an interesting thing to say as the White Fox looked over to see the you g lady he had asked to dance looking at them now. No not at them...at Chris. Well he was a little cupid and he didn't even know it. Making it easier for two little love birds to find each other in a masked dance. Sometimes he really loved his job.

"Well to be honest I have never had much luck with women, so complex but that is part of their attraction I think. Oh I had no intention of trying to sway the young lady to be with me, I was just really looking for a dance is all. Although now that I think about things, I think you are correct about her waiting on someone. "

About then the masked wizard watched as the fire inclined snake took hold of her friend and more or less dragged her over to them. The little badger looked a bit taken aback and maybe even ready to declare red her new official skin tone. The White Fox couldn't help but chuckle at the sight and even more when Michelle pushed Ada to Chris. That is called a friend.

Looking to the pale little fire serpent, White Fox tilted his head as the girl asked him to dance. More precisely was taking him up on his offer from earlier. He knew what this was for, making sure the two little love birds had enough time to themselves while the only two who could get in the way were occupied on the dance floor. The White Fox took the young ladies hand gently and gave a quick bow.

"Young miss, I would be honored to dance with you," The White Fox led the two out to the dance floor and turned to just barely place his other hand over the lady's hip, "You have my word I will not try anything. In fact I hope to make this enjoyable for you, after all such a good friend should be rewarded not punished."

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 10:24 am
User ImageUser Image

☭ Halfblood ☭ Fifth Year ☭ Dating Dominic Montague ☭ Vampire ☭

You can't quit until you ҭгұ. You can't live until you ∂ιε. 
                                                            You can't learn to tell theҭгยҭђ, until you learn to ℓιε. 
                                                            -------------------------------------①. . . ②. . . ③. . . ☭

Gracie giggled quietly as he basically said he told her so. He was right, it wasn't as hard as it seemed. She didn't even have to glance down to know where his feet were and where hers should be. It was probably a little bit thanks to vampire reflexes... but still it was nice to know she wasn't going to kill his feet with her heels by the end of the night. Another giggle fell from her lips as he teased her and she rolled blue eyes at him softly. As he spun her around, eyes darted over the crowd of people, before falling on Chris with a tiny smirk. There was Ada and Chris together... perfect.

She only deemed to answer his questions when she was safely back in his arms. Her arms found their way back around his neck, tracing cold fingers against his warm skin, lightly trailing over his pulse before intertwining together behind his neck. "My summer was fine I guess. A little boring.... " At the question of her family she resisted to urge to chew on her lip and instead graced him with a smile. "I was home for most of the summer. I only went back to the Shack a week or so ago..... I couldn't leave Chris on his own to figure out how to talk to Ada now could I?" She asked, laughing quietly as she thought about her friend. He was older than her but seemed to know so little about romance and such. In her opinion he needed all the help she could get, and she was determined to get him and Ada together, even if it was the last thing she did.

I know some things that you ∂øи'τ. I've done things that you ωøи'τ. 
                                                            There's nothing like a trail of вℓøø∂to find your way back нøмε. 
                                                            -------------------------------------③. . . ②. . . ①. . . ☭

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 2:21 pm
User ImageUser Image

I'll be your soldier, fighting every second of the day for your dreams.
So don't stress, don't
cry, we don't need no wings to fly.

A smirk trailed on Cameron's lips when Elli whispered into his ear. It was mostly out of irritation of how hard it had been to look for the girl in front of his eyes. Holding Elli's hand, he shrugged with both shoulders at her answer to him asking her to dance. After she kissed him, he said, "Come on, it'll be fun," as he pulled her towards the dance floor, or at least the part of the ground which was taken over by people who were dancing. Cameron placed his hands on Elli's waist and swayed to the music with her for a while before changing pace to a different song.

As long as you love me, we could be starving,
we could be
homeless, we could be broke. As long as you love me.

((OOC: outfit in right picture))

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:08 pm
User ImageUser Image

The music filling the tent, the floor was filled with dancers. And the Korean Boy stood silently to the side, He was waiting for a certain person to show up. Dhyl. Yes that was who Eun was waiting on. The attractive Hufflepuff Chaser had promised him a dance. But would he actually show up? "Dhyl, where are you?" he wondered as he looked around. Is he even going to show up? he wondered.

Miss GryffindorK

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 6:35 pm
User Image

User Image

Gearvin stepped into the ball, his stature poised and in control. It was odd being out of the office, since he usually was busy, especially since his wife died. While he loved his family, he thought that losing Anastasia probably broke something, and the result was a family without a compass to guide it. Christopher disappearing, Chalmes getting a rebellious streak, all of it could be linked back to that one event. Even Eretria was acting differently, being more and more secretive around him than usual. It honestly bothered him, but like the mask he now wore, his own features revealed nothing of the inner turmoil. He looked about, noting the various people here, and of course noting how everyone seemed much younger. Well, the dance was for a younger generation, he supposed. He was becoming an obsolete commodity these days, and it pained him to realize his children were growing up. Clasping his hands behind his back, he strolled past couples dancing, wondering if perhaps he shouldn't have come at all. It wasn't until he noticed an older woman that he blinked. Well, if anything, it gave him someone to talk to at this event. Walking calmly up, he gave the woman a bow, and then straightened. "Would this lady care to have a dance with an older gentleman?"

Propriety helps to keep a distinction between those that have pride, and those that have none.

┏━━━━━━━━━┓
State: Being courteous and proper
OOC: ...

┗━━━━━━━━━┛

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:10 pm
User Image
User ImageUser Image

Dhylan led his sister into the dance, feeling very out of place. It wasn't often he was a guest to such a formal affair. In fact, the only time he'd worn a suit beyond his early childhood years was his father's second marriage. Minn, on the other hand, was adoring the evening. She twirled around, letting her dress rise, just before falling back down. The girl giggled, then looked up at the only person she did know. "Dhylly, I'm gonna go find someone to dance with, 'mmkay? You stay here... or... make sure I can find you. I won't get lost, I promise!" She ran into the crowd before the boy had any hope of stopping her.

Blue eyes rolled dramatically, then looked around. Maybe he could find a companion himself? Maybe a nice girl would be willing to dance? Dance... He'd promised Eun a dance. Maybe the color-changing teen wouldn't notice him? Maybe he just had to blend... yea... blend. After slouching, the teen tried his best to look casual, but somehow still held his look of discomfort. He really hated dances, even though his father had trained him well in several classical moves.

{OoC:}
Sir Spazalots

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:19 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image

Nicole had been staring out at the rainbow of colors surrounding her with a small wistful smile on her face. It was nice to be out among them for once instead watching from afar, and yet she still felt that way. She was older, not old just older, and had a much deeper darker outlook on life. The young love stricken lion she had once been has vanished and was replaced with a tired and almost downtrodden house cat. It was a saddening thought but true nonetheless. That's why it was such a shock when an older man came striding towards her and bent with a bow before asking her for a dance. Her eyes widened behind her ruby red mask as her hands twisted with nerves. She hadn't looked at man, let alone be in the single presence of one, in over four years. Not counting the time spent with her old boss of course, he was different. Could she handle this time of stress? Was she mentally prepared? Signs were still pointing in negative when Nicole made up her mind and gave the gentleman a curtsy and small upturn of her lips. "This lady would be honored." she responded softly.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 7:59 pm
User Image
User Image

Yves took the girl's hand and gently laid his hand at the small of her back. Noticing her nervousness, he smiled gently and leaned in to whisper. "Perhaps if vous are willing, I could 'elp with ze dance. Just follow my lead. It is not zat difficult zat way." He gave the girl another smile, more confident, and then started moving slowly into the dance, letting the other teen try and copy his movements. While it wasn't a strong point, he did know how to dance, and hopefully by starting slow, she could pick it up. He guided her through the steps, for a bit, and started to pick up the speed a touch when he felt she was ready. Soon he was dancing with the young lady, still allowing her to dictate the speed, but enjoying the moment nonetheless.

It wasn't until he looked into her eyes that he noticed something odd. The girl had golden eyes. Well, that was an odd sight. There weren't too many people he could think of that had that eye color. Actually, there were none. He blinked a bit, cocking an eyebrow. "Mademoiselle, vous 'ave ze most unusual eye color I 'ave ever seen. Zat is pretty impressive. Is zere any particular reason why vous 'as ze eye color you do? I 'ave never seen it myself."

Thinking: Her eyes. I wonder if it's common in her family.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 8:48 pm
User Image
                                                    Do you really wanna be like them?
                                                      Do you really wanna be another trend?
                                                        Do you wanna be part of that crowd?
                                                          Cause I don't ever wanna
                                                            I don't ever wanna be

User Image

Luke yawned. He was getting bored, and for him, boredom was dangerous. Generally bad stuff happened when he was too bored. Well, bad for everyone else. He tended to have fun when he was bored. So when he spotted a girl with a one-eyed mask, he didn't think much of it as he decided to walk up. That is until he got a good look at her. A blush rose to his face as he realized the girl was attractive. That... never happened for him. At least he didn't think it did. Suddenly an image of Steffi flashed in his mind, and the redhead blushed harder. Great. He wasn't going to be some stuttering git now, was he? Nope. Plastering a smile on his face, he decided well, if the only two option he was going to have were either to dance or stand around and look like a fool, he opted for the dancing bit. "Hi. Umm, you wouldn't mind a dance, right?" Great, he sounded like that git Drage with that statement. Smooth, real smooth.

User Image
State: Bored

You, don't wanna be just like youxxx
What I'm sayin' isxxxxx
This is the anthemxxxxxxx
Throw all your hands upxxxxxxxxx
You, don't wanna be youxxxxxxxxxxx

PostPosted: Sun Jul 28, 2013 9:24 pm
User ImageUser Image
Sixth YearPrefectCaptainWerewolfChaserGryffindor
Ⓡⓔⓜⓨ smiled, then looked into his eyes. When he said he would help her dance, she gave a small nod. Gold eyes met the ground, as though watching their feet
The girl stepped along with him, tripping and stumbling every several steps. After a while, she had managed to get her footing down, then looked back up at the boy. A small smile showed on her face, one of pride, yet also genuine happiness. She did her best to keep them at a constant pace, but as she grew more and more confident, her speed increased. Her eyes met his, both staring intensely into each other's irises. He asked about hers, so she gave him a nervous giggle. "Erm, yes. m-my... father... gave them to me... Er... genetically..." Her cheeks went pink, not because she'd lied to Yves, but because she'd mostly told the truth. Jason was sort of like her dad, and he was the reason her eyes were abnormally colored. "Your eyes are beautiful, as well. I feel like I could get lost in their depths."

UT
f
HARACTER

Cinnabun Gryffie
Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100

Sir Spazalots

Fashionable Lover

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:34 am
Yukina101

User Image

xxxxxxx_____________________________________

xxxxxxx Photographer || Half Blood || Taken by Tobi
xxxxxxx_____________________________________

Bradley smiled as Tobi said he would force him to join music club. "I said Maybe I can sing, doesn't mean I can. And there is no way I would sing there. I don't know any of them." he said as he danced. The pair moved in perfect sync. It was then he noticed his aunt watching them. Dang, I have a babysitter. he thought as he turned back to his boyfriend.

Seems like there's always someone who disapproves
They'll judge it like they know about me and you
And the verdict comes from those with nothing else to do
The jury's out, but my choice is you
So don't you worry your pretty little mind
People throw rocks at things that shine
And life makes love look hard
The stakes are high, the water's rough
But this love is ours

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:30 am
User ImageUser Image

Gʀʏғғɪɴᴅᴏʀ Tʜɪʀᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ Hᴀʟғ-Bʟᴏᴏᴅ Cʜᴀsᴇʀ Sɪɴɢʟᴇ

Mood : Nervous, Idiotic
                                          Thinking : Must. Resist. Cuteness!
                                          Doing : C-conversing....?
                                          Where : Masquerade Tent
                                          With : Masked girl and everybody else

His face hidden, the loud music of the surroundings covering his loud heartbeat. Or so was it? He could only see different shades of blue right now, his heavy breathing echoing in his ears. His heart was racing, his face was warm and he felt butterflies in his stomach. He still couldn’t forget the words that parted from his mouth a couple of seconds earlier; he still felt guilty and extremely happy at the same time. But why though? That, he didn’t understand.

Xavier blinked behind his mask as a warm hand rested on his arm. Her gentle voice passed through his ears, repeating it loudly inside his head. Did she just say that……she’d love to be his date…? He kept on repeating that blankly, not even realizing that she had already stolen his hat from him. “ Rea— But— Wah— “ He nervously stuttered, completely overwhelmed. He first blinked, not once, but maybe a hundred times, before chuckling to himself. He scratched the back of his head as he gave a soft sigh from his grinned lips.

Since his hat was on her head, he could at least fix his hair to make himself look better. He ran his hand through the front part of his hair, rising it up. He gazed at the girl before smiling widely. “ You look wonderful right now, have I told you that? “ He said, the lightning part of his mask shining as it was struck by the blinding light. “ And you can wear my hat for the meantime,

“ A-also, if it’s okay with you, can I have this dance? “
                                          He blushed, extending his hand. Now, to wait for her response.

Oᴜᴛ Oғ Cʜᴀᴍᴘᴀɢɴᴇ: Nuuuuhz. My haaaaat DX

”Miss GryffindorK”

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

Xistund

PostPosted: Mon Jul 29, 2013 3:53 pm
User ImageUser Image

Halfblood Fourth Year Single

Please just follow me. I thought you wanted me.
                                                          Cause I
                                                          want you all to myself. Make me feel

Darius was dragged off to the dance floor and felt his body heat up when she got so close to him, his hand on her hip and her arms around him."So we just do what walk around like this?"He truthfully never thought himself in a position like this. Why did Hogwarts neglect to teach him how to dance or something useful like that, he'd gladly take out transfigurations if they told him what to do now.

I'm under the gun, you're the only one.I just can't decide what I'm running from.
                                                          This isn't what I
                                                          wanted, but I can't keep my filthy

Event Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff