Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

I Lady Kiya I
Crew

Obsessive Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 9:04 pm
Fasbesa nodded everytime Ume named off a lion. It was good to get to know others, he decided. He didn't know very many, and this was his chance to make friends. it was something he did need to do eventually. He supposed the reason he didn't have friends was because his father, and who his father was associated with. Maybe this would change that.

"It's nice to meet you guys"

Ecavi

Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 9 ... 6!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 20, 2016 10:42 pm
Raffle - Week 3
Now for our free-for-all raffle for our reluctant participant, Mti!

Next week will be out final RP-post ticket raffle for the remaining rebel prize, Isibongo!

Week 1 Winner: Velveteen Angel, claimed Anaishi
Week 2 Winner: Excited Apathy, claimed Tamaa

Week 3 Prize: Mti

1. AstoriaFallen
2. Puhterodactyl
3. SSBrosB
4. SSBrosB
5. Tanakako
6. Tanakako - winner!
7. Neon Fly
8. Neon Fly
9. Vesale

Tanakako

The personality provided is a starting point, there is room to expand, grow and change. You may begin to RP right away. Like the rebels up for raffle, Mti was either born in the pride or joined at a young age. Whether or not he is eligible to join Umepatwa's rebels is up to you, he is the only raffle prize that may be have been here long enough to have seen more than one monarch.

Mti was colored by Safaia.

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Tanakako

Allied Recalibrator

PostPosted: Mon Mar 21, 2016 2:42 am
((Yay!! My first Mwezi! Thank you! ))  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 2:02 pm
"Oh!"

The class remarks had, unfortunately, barely caught Kimondo's attention. In her mind, she was focused more on sisters and grandfather.. but that wasn't right because that wasn't how Nyeusi had implied it was.

"Uncle Uchanjaa is in the high class, he's married to a priestess," she explained, but then she hesitated, "I don't know about Nyeusi and the other one, they're no higher than middle, I think. And their parents are slaves- or, um, they're both low class and one is a slave, one a royal guard."

Vesper smiled and nodded. There were better times to deal with family troubles than now, and he hoped that they had learned their lesson.. though he knew deep down that Iki'renkli and Uchanjaa both had good intentions. The fact remained that Nyeusi needed to be heard, now more than ever.

"And who could blame him?" he said with a chuckle, "He's probably lived a fairly sheltered life, Shangyue clearly hasn't wanted to acknowledge his dissenters."

Probably because Nyeusi always sounds so insane, but he wasn't going to say that.

Ume looked back to Fasbesa with a grin. He seemed sincere enough, and with the rebellion out in the open and with so much support, there was no reason not to extend their trust to interested parties. If Liuhe showed up and said he wanted to join, then he'd be skeptical-- he was still somewhat skeptical of Yueyun..

With that settled, and Yueyun still shell-shocked, his attention turned back to Chunyue. He put on a smug, challenging smile.

"What about you?" he asked.

I Lady Kiya I

Puhterodactyl

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

PostPosted: Tue Mar 22, 2016 5:09 pm
User Image
Nketa nodded at her friend's explanation, trying to fit it into what she knew. Class was determined by the phase of the moon when the litter was born, so the parents' class had no influence over the children's.

"And classes are important here," she murmured, more to herself than to Kimondo. As opposed to the rebel encampment where class was a tidbit of information that had no real value out there.

"What about the black male with the green mane? Who's he?" People seemed to be focusing on him, though he didn't look like a relative of hers. At least, she didn't think so...

User Image
The black lioness snorted. "Shangyue doesn't know what he wants. He doesn't want to be known as a regicide so that his legitimacy isn't tainted, but he's proud of what he's done. So why not brag to his kids? Teach them to see it his way? You know that's why Tyfu does," she added.

It was nice, though, to stand back and let everyone else argue and debate while she just watched and talked with Vesper.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 26, 2016 9:15 pm
Yueyun's sides heaved like a bellows, and he felt as though he might sick up then and there. The others seemed to have expected this reaction, giving him space, but there were still too many lions, too many unsettling thoughts...too much. It was all too much. Ruby eyes glazed, he turned and fled the gathering with as much of the tattered shreds of his dignity that he could muster. He knew he shouldn't--they were his pride, he should hear their concerns--but he couldn't take any more tonight.

He needed quiet. He needed to think.

---

Tamaa's head turned as he watched the Prince leave abruptly, and a brief frown crossed his face. Well, nothing to be done for it now. His attention turning back to Chunyue, his grin matched Ume's--albeit warmer, with less challenge and more invitation. "We'd sure like to have you. You could really do something with your life, you know. Surely you've felt like things could be better than...this." Seriously, what kind of life was having that terror-harpy Tyfu for a mother, on top of everything that the pride was right now? And if Chunyue was half as good at fighting as said terror-harpy...they could use that.  

Excited Apathy

Obsessive Hoarder

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:45 pm
Kimondo was momentarily distracted by the departure of the prince, now that the hubbub with Nyeusi had died down, but she looked over to Nketa when she murmured about classes. She smiled but didn't get a chance to reassure her friend about the classes, she was asked about Chunyue instead. The young lioness visibly cringed looking at him.

"Don't you think he looks kind of like a brighter Umepatwa?" she asked in a hushed voice, glancing back and forth between them. Even she had never seen them standing so close together but it was undeniable that they bore almost identical markings in different colors. But looking now.. she realized what struck her most were their eyes. Chunyue looked troubled, an expression she had never imagined on Tyfu or one of her children, and still, his eyes were the same color and shape as Umepatwa's.

"He's one of Tyfu's children, you can tell by the green in his mane," she went on, "I don't remember his name, though. His mother is one of the king's two most vicious supporters, popular suspicion is that her children were sired by him."

"I'm not sure about bragging but I'll bet he's discussed it, just from his own twisted perspective, one that probably seems reasonable to young, impressionable cubs," he said thoughtfully, recalling a recent discussion he and Ota had had and momentarily wondering if Kimondo had decided to join the strike, "I don't know if we're too late or just on time to change that. Do you suppose they can be saved?"

He looked at Nyeusi, sincerely wondering if there was hope for the royal family beyond Shangyue.

Encouraged by his friend, Umepatwa maintained eye contact with Chunyue and softened his smile-- just a bit!

"If you're worried about abruptly changing sides, don't be," he said, "Tonight is not the make-or-break attack on the monarchy." Unless the king decided to show up, anyway, but he'd had his ear talked off about it being possible to strike too early and something about needing as much of the pride on their side as possible first and blah blah blah..

"After tonight, we will resume hunting," he went on, speaking louder so he could be heard farther, "We want to make a stand but continuing this beyond tonight will only harm the members of the low class, and they've been manipulated enough. You'll have time to think, to consider which side you want to be on, but we're done waiting."

He looked to Tamaa with a grin.

"Right?"

Puhterodactyl

Excited Apathy

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 6:55 pm
User Image
Nketa was a bit confused as to why Kimondo asked her if she thought the black and green male looked like her brother, but her eyes widened as the white lioness continued. He was...well, was rumored to be...was that even possible?

"You're saying he's my brother?" Though apparently his mother was not a nice person who strongly supported her father. That was interesting news, to say the least, and Nketa wasn't entirely certain what to think about it.

Truthfully, she wasn't certain what to think about any of this. There were so many people here, and they were so interconnected in ways she didn't know, it was a bit overwhelming.

User Image
The black lioness rolled her shoulders in a shrug. "Hard to say," she replied. "Do you think my parents can be saved? I think so. Do I think Tyfu can be saved? Not a chance in hell." She paused to consider Shangyue's various children. The ones raised by Tyfu she would've called a lost cause...but Chunyue was here, and seemed willing to be reasonable. The ones by Kamia would probably oppose him, but that wasn't a guarantee. As for the youngest ones, like Yuenyun, Nyeusi hadn't spent nearly enough time around any of them to begin to judge.

"It's hard to say," she said at last. "It depends on each of them individually, and how willing - or not - they are to be swayed by others."  

mouselet

Obsessive Bookworm

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 7:57 pm
Kimondo frowned, glancing from Nketa to Chunyue and back.

"Biologically," she said with a shrug and a half-hearted smile, "Maybe he's not so bad, if he's here.. but I don't know."

It was hard to say, she didn't know anything except that she had always felt compelled to avoid Tyfu's children. They were older and in a different class and rank so it wasn't so hard.

"It's only speculation," she added, "But if the girl was here, you'd see how hard it is to deny. But they're the only other ones, if Shangyue fathered any other cubs, they're not here."

Vesper nodded when Nyeusi made a reasonable example of her parents and Tyfu, but he wasn't so sure it was that simple for the younger lions.

"I hope you're right," he said, "None of them have made a violent point of supporting their cause, but that may change as we continue on our path to take back the pride. Clearly none of them have had to think about what side they're on and we've already started changing that."

He smiled. It was a good start. They had accomplished something tonight, he could hear more of it as Umepatwa spoke up and even just walking with Nyeusi.

"I wasn't supposed to show up tonight, you know," he said, "I suppose I should have planned on it, though. Did none of the others come with you tonight?"

Nyeusi had supporters, Vesper wasn't alone in that.. he thought he had seen one or two before intervening but he wasn't sure about that. If they were there, either he was closest when the argument started or nobody wanted to cut in on what should have been a private family discussion.

Ecavi generated a random number between 1 and 16 ... 3!
PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:31 pm
Raffle - Week 4
Now for our final RP raffle for the remaining rebel, Isibongo!

Tickets are counted from the week 2 raffle, not from Mti’s raffle.

Week 1 Winner: Velveteen Angel, claimed Anaishi
Week 2 Winner: Excited Apathy, claimed Tamaa
Week 3 Winner: Tanakako, won Mti

Week 4 Prize: Isibongo

1. mouselet
2. AstoriaFallen
3. Painted Moose - winner!
4. nessiaing
5. Painted Moose
6. AstoriaFallen
7. mouselet
8. I Lady Kiya I
9. mouselet
10. mouselet
11. mouselet
12. mouselet
13. Puhterodactyl
14. I Lady Kiya I
15. mouselet
16. mouselet

Painted Moose

The personality provided is a starting point, there is room to expand, grow and change. You may begin to RP right away. He was either born in the pride or joined young but have been in the background until now.  

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

PostPosted: Sun Mar 27, 2016 8:37 pm
ORP Wrap-up

With the prizes all distributed and the end of the month nearing, you can start wrapping up any loose ends (or boosting low post counts) you have. I will continue to reply until Friday, and the next stage of the metaplot will begin shortly afterward!

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:13 pm
Batu smiled when the other lion expressed discontent with the current King. "Well then friend I think we have much to talk about." Batu said with a grin on his face. He was happy to have found another recruit and one that appeared to be a strong male at that.

"What do you say we go find a quiet place to talk about thing?" Batu asked gesturing in a direction away from the gathering. If this lion was game it was a good thing, if this strike was any indication it appeared the rebellion was rapidly gaining footings within the pride. It would be good to have another guard on their side though.

AstoriaFallen
Sorry for the long wait.

Boinedal bowed his head in understanding, this wasn't the place to talk of such things there were too many ears listening and despite this gathering being a bit of a snub towards the king one couldn't be sure that there wasn't sympathetic ears to the king her.

"Sounds like a plan." Boinedal said in refferance to the exit plan should he need one. He looked around, he figured the gathering would be breaking up soon, he needed to get Yue out of her while she was still safely lost in the crowd. "Come on we should go I will walk you out." he told her giving her a small nuzzle. His feelings were growing stronger for the purple lioness everyday.

Painted Moose

As Antara stood next to the male she had begun to fall in love with her eyes scanned the crowd. She felt her heart plummet into her stomach when her eyes fell on what appeared to be a mirror, but with blue eyes.

She couldn't believe that Nketa was in the pride walls, her first instinct was to run towards her twin, her other half, that had been missing from her for so long. She swallowed trying to keep her feet glued to the ground. Her mind was racing it was dangerous that they were both here, she had to make sure that they got no where close to each other. From where she stood now no-one casually looking through the crowd would notice the duplicated lions. She sat still hoping and praying that her sister would turn her eyes towards her, so they could have a moment between them

nessiaing

Painted Moose

Dapper Codger

PostPosted: Wed Mar 30, 2016 1:22 pm
nessiaing

While it was brief, brief enough to her anyway, Yue'shi felt accomplished in having come. She would relay as much of what happened her to her parents and the other rebels to see what they thought on all of it. Naturally her mother would be cross at her for having taken the risk, but Yue'shi hoped her bravery would pay off in the end.

She stilled, a little unsure of what to make of his nuzzle, but went along with Boinedal anyway. It would be best for her to leave while the crowd was still high as opposed to waiting for times to dwindle. One day she would be able to stay in the pride, even if everyone knew who she was, and maybe then she would have this same lion at her side...

PostPosted: Thu Mar 31, 2016 1:53 pm
As calm returned and focus started to spread out around the crowd again, Ota and Kamia each breathed a sigh of relief. No fights had truly broken out, though they had come close.. a few unexpected guests had better results than they could have hoped for.. and it was starting to look like they were really on track this time. They would be able to get something done!

With a smile and a friendly nudge to Kamia, Ota got to her feet and began to wander the crowd, looking for one lion in particular. They had already had their unspoken greetings but she was more certain now than before that they needed to talk. She wandered by Batu, giving him a nudge and hoping to catch his eye rather than openly interrupt his conversation.

She knew Meshach would hear about what happened tonight, she was sure she caught sight of a few outsiders, but that wouldn't be enough anymore. He couldn't stay quiet on the borders much longer.

nessiaing

Ecavi

Vice Captain

Magical Apprentice

nessiaing

PostPosted: Sun Apr 03, 2016 7:10 pm
Ecavi
Batu's eyes drifted towards Ota as she moved by. He wanted to continue the conversation with the new guard that he had met, but he knew that Ota walking by was because she needed to talk to him.

"I shall find you later when things have gotten quieter." he told the guard he was standing with before he turned and began to head in the direction Ota had gone

It didn't take him long before he strolled up beside her. "Well that went better than expected." Batu said in regards to the gathering, he was wondering how the false King might do in retaliation.

[IC] Mwezi'Johari Lands

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff