Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Holds & Halls
[ORP] Firelizard Hatching, Oh My! [All Folks!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:37 pm
Jynnat wouldn't normally have asked a rider to have their dragon go fishing, but these were unusual circumstances! When would she next have a chance to have a chance to Impress a firelizard? High Reaches was cold and there weren't many beaches around. It had been a perfect storm of events to get her here and she wanted to leave with what she came for.

The firelizards were spreading out and slowly pairing off and Jynnat felt her heart sinking. It was hard to see how many were left with all the moving bodies. She had just to continuing to hope there was one more left for her! As she waited there came a cry from those closer. Gold! Her heart quickened automatically, but she knew already that it was too late for her. She was just too far away. The young woman wondered who the lucky person was who had managed to claim her.

She was just about to make a remark to the rider beside her when a flurry of wings and a small body crashed into her chest. Jynnat instinctively wrapped her arms around him to prevent it from falling onto the sands, though kneeling he wouldn't have far to fall. "Oh!" She felt the hunger from the bronze and stared for a moment into that face waiting with his maw open. "Here you go!" Now that he was still and resting on her leg she broke a small piece of dried fish and gave it to him. "Chew carefully!" Jynnat beamed with her luck at the rider. "Isn't he gorgeous?!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Rinis was oblivious to most going on around her. She only faintly recognized others impressing as firelizards approached them. Her whole little world at that moment was an adoring brown. The young woman laughed at L'saen cooed over her shoulder at him. "You approve I take it? C'mon get in there L'saen! Your turn!" She was going to encourage the blue rider as much as possible.

In the distance, she heard a familiar draconic voice. Solouth sounding in on her success. "Thank you Solouth!" She said in a normal tone, knowing his rider would relay. Rinis ran a light finger down the brown's back between feeding him. He was starting to slow down now thankfully.

Redbud-Tree
Jynnat

Duke Edward Drake
Rinis

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:46 pm
Dolmar could do little but look on as the babies seemed to weave every way but towards him. Even, ah! Even that puffed up whiterider? Really? He'd seen the blue come screaming in her direction, and the brown to her brother, and he bit back any words of vitriol. A sad excuse for a brown, and the little blue obviously had some kind of distemper issue. He could do better.

Mainly because if he failed, it would only, obviously, be because none of them here were good enough. None smart enough to realize that he was offering what was obviously the best food, thus implying the best means to take care of them. It was, frankly, a lie, but one he didn't mind making to win one of the tiny lizards. A few had to be left now...right?  

ShinosBee

Nerd

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:46 pm
Fated Fable

Chayrel crinkled his nose but did turn to look back at the little squirming critters. He was beginning to doubt that any would head his way. He had hoped, for a moment, that maybe one had looked at him, but it Impressed to another. He could feel himself growing jealous as others began to walk away with firelizards. "I think we need to get closer," he griped, "Ain't no way we're gettin' one." All right, maybe that wasn't the most optimistic of views, but he knew there were only so many eggs. Stupid of him to get his hopes up like that.

"I guess they'll be cuter when they get fed and grow into their feet 'n tails," he agreed.

"Do we gotta think happy thoughts at 'em like dragons? Or do they just care about food?" He asked, glancing down at his friend. He knew dragons needed love and support and stuff, or so that was the rumor, but he didn't know much about firelizards. Maybe Fehral knew or had better advice. He moved forward a few inches, hoping that maybe his offering would suffice. "Come on, baby," he mimicked what he'd heard Fehral say, trying to coo and sound encouraging. "Tasty food here. Right here. Best Candidates in the group." That, at least, was true.

Maybe the firelizards would agree.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

BastetAmun

Kiri had just finisehed setting down her line of firshrolls when the little firelizard came rolling down the hill. Anything her companion had said was momentarily forgotten as she snatched up one of the fishrolls to offer it -- but it was too late. With a stolen fishroll, the little critter veered right into the boy she'd been speaking to, and Impressed to him!

While some might be jealous or upset, Kiri only found the entire thing ridiculous and silly. "You're welcome," she stated to the little firelizard, and (maybe a little) at Caderyn. "Guess the fish was a hit," She beamed, still amused at her lack of luck. It would have been great to get a little critter, but apparently it wasn't in the cards. There were an awful lot of people there, but at least she got to see one up close. Ish. If the lad didn't seem to mind her peeking. It was rather hard not to be enraptured by the little beasts.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 6:57 pm

Chances were good that if thinking happy thoughts had been the key to Impressing one of the tiny firelizards then Impression would have been made. As it was, Chayrel was probably right. "Hnn... think you might be right. We're kind of far away, aren't we?" And it was true, the little buggers weren't quite so elegant now as they would one day be. "C'mere, little ones. We've got a nice big bowl," Fehral, crooned, trying to entice one of the beasties to them. Maybe two, if they were lucky!

Fated Fable
Vice Captain

Profitable Prophet

Dragon Berri

Shameless Tipper

21,000 Points
  • Get Dissed! 25
  • Sweet Diss, Sis 200
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:05 pm
Z'yden fell back on his rear as a flit appeared in front of him from seemingly nowhere. At the second shriek from the firelizard, the Blue rider held up the picked apart meatroll for the bronze to devour. And devour it he did. With a small laugh, Z'yden pulled another meatroll out for him and watched him practically inhale it as well as a third.

He eats like you do, Z'yden sent to his bonded. Sameth huffed his reply: I hope you are happy, mine. The dragon seemed to stress the last word as if to remind his rider who belonged to him first. Z'yden sent feelings of affection and devotion down their bond and felt Sameth settle. I am quite pleased, actually. He watched the bronze eat everything Z'yden could hold out for him while still clutching the rider's arm. "What do you think of Nyss, then?" he asked the flit as he stroked two fingers down his back, between the wings. Between bites, the bronze crooned as if in approval. "Nyss it is."

Asheryn was still in awe of her little green as she fed her until the flit could eat no more. She cooed over her and stroked her slightly distended tummy. "How do you feel about being called Nyara?" The green lady huffed and seemed grumpy. "Alright, not Nyara then. What about...Equea?" The firelizard hissed in distaste. Asheryn laughed softly and thought for a few more moments before trying again. "Imori?" The green seemed to consider this before crooning and curling up on her shoulder, talons gripped in her shirt and tail wrapped around her neck as if to sleep.

With a laugh, Asheryn carefully stood and made her way back to where the blue rider stood with his own flit it seemed. She waved excitedly as she got closer. "Hey! Looks like we both had good luck!" she grinned.  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 7:13 pm
magnadearel

"Me? But I have Solouth!" He grinned, he was almost sure she was going to shove him into the fray if she didn't now have a precious brown bundle in her arms. "Hes going to get fat if your not careful." He teased. He would be one of the ones helping the little brown get fat he was sure. Oh to be here on this island was a beautiful thing, on this planet in fact.

He did peer curiously at the flurry of firelizards everywhere. Maybe, just maybe he could catch one. He took out his sandwhich filling and held it at the ready in case one of the babies dive bombed him like they had Rinis.

"What are you going to call him?"  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:07 pm
MasterHarper

Caderyn looked over at the girl again when she spoke, telling him that he was welcome, though she had also said it to the flit that was clinging to him. He was still feeding it, watching as it ate ravenously, tearing into the meatroll that had been offered her. He could also see the girl trying to get a better look at the flit. He turned so that she could see him better. "In all honesty, I was starting to think I wouldn't get the attention of one." He was still in a little bit of shock that there was a firelizard that had come to him. Now it was the hard part and he blushed some as he glanced at the girl. "I'm not...very good at coming up with names..." He trailed off, biting his lip.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

'Look Mine." Gareth's voice made A'dras look up from the little green girl he was feeding his jerky to, seeing that Caderyn, cradling his own bronze firelizard, was talking to another Candidate, a young woman. He smiled, glad that Caderyn seemed to be trying to make friends, the boy had a hard time of that.

Turning his attention back to the green, he stroked her frills as she calmed down on the eating and seemed happy to curl about his neck, crooning softly. "I need a name for you little one." He glanced at Gareth. "Any suggestions?" The bronze dragon shrugged some, wanting to go back to dozing off in the bright sun. A'dras chucked and contemplated for a little bit. "How about Tanis?" The little gril cooed at him, nuzzling his finger and he smiled. "Alright, Tanis it is."  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 25, 2017 8:11 pm
"He's lovely," Feah agreed, not all that bothered by how none of the little fire lizards seemed interested in her at the moment - it had taken her several Hatchings before her Cinath came along, after all. If none of these small ones were interested, it just meant the best was waiting.

'Or already here,' her dragon reminded her, and Feah quickly sent back reassurances because of course she already had the best, silly Cinath. Appeased and more curious than before the blue inched a little closer from where he had been left behind, craning his neck to get a better view of the fire lizards.

Feah was quick to stop him. "Cinath, wait there. You don't want to frighten the fire lizards off!" Reprimand to her dragon done, she turned instead to the woman she had been speaking with and smiled. "Once all of this is over, would you mind bringing your little fellow to my Cinath? The great blue lump over there wants to see the babies, nosy thing that he is."

magnadearel
((Cinath is the key to getting Feah to open up, can you tell? XD))

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:11 am
ShinosxBee

The bossy blue seemed to know what Dolmar was thinking but not saying out loud. The flit devoured his piece of hare jerky and then drew himself up to his full height to glare suspiciously at the Candidate.

The brown, meanwhile, had managed to trip on one of his wings while downing the meat, and after stumbling a few steps, curled himself safely around A'rell's ankles to continue feasting.

"What do you think, got a name in mind?" Camriel asked, watching the ungainly brown flit chomping away at the hare jerky, occasionally accidentally sinking his teeth into A'rell's boot.

"Flail," A'rell said after a moment's pause. "It seems fitting. What about your little hellion?"

"Flail. I like it," Camriel answered, then turned her attention back to her baby blue, which was still giving Dolmar some major stinkeye on her behalf. "Well. We all need our Kith and Kin." She let Kin continue to glare at Dolmar for a moment, then lured the haughty blue back with another piece of jerky. The flit let out a quiet hiss that seemed to say This isn't over, before storming back over to her and wrapping his tail possessively around Camriel's ankle. A grin settled over her face, quite content to let him sit sentry-like at her side. Then her sharp eyes wandered warily over to Dolmar. She caught his eye with a quiet stare, then let her satisfied grin widen and she threw him a wink for good measure.

She might've said something else, but a sudden feeling from Kith caught her attention. There was that familiar, almost tickled sensation that the white dragon always got when she was pondering some mischief - Camriel could just see the impish grin on Kith's face.

Camriel Mine, I have found us a friend, she sang from where she'd curled up just behind the crowd of hopefuls.

Oh, no, Kith, not now!

"I gotta-" Camriel turn and dashed off through the crowd with her little blue flit munching happily in her arms, leaving A'rell alone to deal with any reaction Dolmar might have.

She tumbled out of the crowd just in time to see Kith bobbing her head curiously back and forth in front of Finbar. "Oh! Hi," she managed to say as she rushed to her dragon and (with all the love she could muster) shoved Kith's face away from Finbar. "Sorry, she's... she's very friendly, but sometimes just too friendly." Camriel said with a grin. "She likes to play games."

DruidTigeress
There we go!

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 12:46 am
The sisters were watching everything that was going on around them. They noticed more of the little firelizards impressing and Ashlyn might have been mistaken, but she was sure her friend had gotten one. She flashed him a congratulations, just before she heard the cry of a gold. Both girls looked in that direction, Ashlyn's heart going out to the little one as some tried to grab her. Luckily, it seemed she got out of the way. What neither girl expected was that the little gold would appear above them. Just as Ashlyn was going to tell her sister she had told her, the little firelizard landed on her hand. As it began to fall, she was going to catch it, but seemed the little one had caught herself. As it began to eat the meat, then ask for more, she flashed her sister an apology look.

"It's okay, Ashlyn, I am so happy for her, she is precious. What name do you think you will give her?"Demanthra assured, managing a small smile. Yes, she was jealous, but at least her sister got a beautiful gold. Maybe the other would let her feed her from time to time.

"Hmm, what do you think of the name Awnya?"she asked her sister, the little gold, and thought to her dragon too. She got some more meat out as she worked on giving it to the gold firelizard.

"I think it is pretty,"Demanthra spoke.

Yes, very good indeed, Mine. And I told you that you were special. You are one of those rare blueriders and now you have a gold firelizard,Gyafrith replied, pride in his voice. A small noise of approval also came from the firelizard herself.

"Alright, Awnya it is then. Now Demanthra, you better keep trying. There are probably a few more, one might be for you,"Ashlyn reminded gently. Awnya soon crawled up Ashlyn's arm and curled up contentedly on her shoulder. Demanthra nodded, more determined as ever as she held out her meat, calling out gently to any of the remaining firelizards.  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

DruidTigeress

Sparkly Genius

25,225 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 3:27 am
MoonRazor
I should have quoted, sorry. I'm terrible about that

Finbar was surprised when the dragon responded to his looking at it. He didn't expect it would notice him at all, though he supposed he was staring quite a bit. He didn't startle easily (at least not outwardly) or he might've jumped at the sudden movement of its head. As it was, he was mostly just confused about what it was doing. It's not like he could ask. Dragons could speak, he knew, but not out loud, so there was no chance of them having a conversation. That suited him just fine, of course. He wondered if maybe that was why he liked them.

He raised a hand and waved awkwardly, just hoping this head bobbing thing wasn't some kind of warning sign, like a feline lashing its tail before it attacked. Neri told him that drsgons eyes were red when they were angry, though, so he was pretty sure he was okay. He kind of wanted to touch it.. if just to confirm that it was, in fact, a real, living dragon. But fortunately, its rider showed up before he had the chance.

He shrugged at her apology, a little embarrassed now. He was the one who was staring at it first. At her, he corrected himself, as the rider continued. She. So this color was female? "I've never seen a white one." he explained. "It's pretty."

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:16 am
J'nes smiled fondly as he watched more eggs hatched and made their way to lucky people holding food. While he wouldn't mind Impressing one of his own, he certainly couldn't begrudge anyone their new charges. He had Hatteth, after all, and no flit could ever compare to that.

Between the broken shells and the sand that had gotten stirred up, it was hard to tell how many eggs were left in the nest. It didn't seem like there were many, though. So he spared only a moment to look around at all the newly-Impressed flits and owners. Then he turned his focus back on whatever remained in the nest, offering out his handful of shredded jerky. (And popping a bite in his own mouth. The smell of it was making him hungry.)  

mewrose

Devoted Librarian

44,865 Points
  • Bookworm 100
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Master Librarian 500

MoonRazor

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:21 am
The little white dragon seemed to expand with pride at Finbar's words and her eyes whirled a pretty green as she all but puffed up beside Camriel.

I'm pretty, she echoed quite matter-of-factly to hers. Camriel, for her part, broke into a grin - part flattered, part surprised although a little voice told her she really shouldn't be. Kith was pretty. She was the most beautiful dragon in all of Pern, if Camriel's opinion counted in that sort of distinction, and she was criminally underappreciated.

"Thank you," she gushed, eyes wide. "You just made her day." And it was clear that the rider shared the dragon's enthusiasm. She wrapped an arm around Kith's snout and hugged the little white close. Part of her wondered if this was how chromatic riders felt every time someone paused to admire their dragons - or if it happened often enough that the novelty wore off. That would be a shame. Camriel had never felt such pleasant pride and surprise before.

"Kith doesn't get much praise because she's white," Camriel explained. "And small. Some people still think she's less capable because of her size. But we know otherwise." She grinned again, and her admiration for her dragon shone in her very expression.

DruidTigeress
No worries! 8D

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 8:34 am
In a perfect world that always worked according to Dolmar's whims and logic, the little trundlebug whiterider wouldn't have gotten a firelizard at all. In the next best world, Dolmar wouldn't have gotten in any trouble for saying exactly what he thought about that whole situation. Sadly, this world was proving to more and more be simply unjust, and so the tall candidate was forced to bite his tongue and slam up a wall of a cold shoulder towards both her and the bad tempered little blue. He got the distinct feeling that he'd be fending off random attacks from that little pile of thread once it grew up a bit more. Just lovely.

Her brownrider brother and his meek little brown both were simply beneath his notice, compared to the more bombastic sibling. He had more important things to pay attention to, sorry guy. Now that the whiterider'd gone running off he could properly focus.

"I thought you little darlings were meant to like spiderclaw? Sea food in general, right? And this is cooked special, so obviously..." He frowned as the babies continued to scatter hither and yon. "I'm not going to bite, so...by all means...?" He waved the bit of food around at the few left, lowering it nearly to the ground for them. He did NOT want to go back to the weyr empty handed!

MoonRazor

ShinosBee

Nerd

Masterharper generated a random number between 1 and 33 ... 27!

Masterharper
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jan 26, 2017 9:53 am

1. Fated Fable (Fehral)
  2. ShinosBee (Dolmar)
  3. Duke Edward Drake (L'saen)
  4. Dea and #Teddy# (Demanthra)
  5. Redbud-Tree (Feah)
  6. ShinosBee (Dolmar)
  7. ShinosBee (Dolmar)
  8. Duke Edward Drake (L'saen)
  9. BastetAmun (A'dras)