Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[IC]Threadfall: High Reaches - OVER! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Felyn

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:06 am
Queen's Wing
Akkaida of White Siminith
HP: 15
Status Effect: n/a
XP: (+6 base, +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: 6
Flame Length: 6
General Stamina: 6
General Agility: 8
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 7
Instinct: 8
Luck: 6

[Akkaida and Siminith will be flying Second Wave]

Do not worry so much, you know that we are meant to do this.

It was an observation that would have seemed peculiar to an outsider - next to her small, elegant White the willowy woman was a picture of calm. There were no lies to be made to her wise dragon, however, and the simple words pulled a small, fractured smile to her lips. She knew her giveaways: tight shoulders that felt as if they had been pulled taut by a binding, a crease of her eyebrows that she could not quite seem to smooth. Only those that could read her would ever know but that always, without fail, included her beautiful white.

Do not give me away, Siminith, she responded as she ran her fingers one last time across the leather straps and then gently down the slope of the beast's shoulders. I am trying not to draw attention.

The white only pulled her head high, proud of her observations, though she did not dwell upon what Akkaida did not want to discuss - she did not want to prod at her rider's nerves. Instead she let her eyes travel out to the dragons assembled as they moved in patterns and grouped into their wings. Their own, the Harbinger's Wing, was somewhere in the distance - today they would not fly with them. It was something they had grown accustomed to now that the reality of threadfall had settled in. It did not perturb either of them, in truth, even for so proud a creature as the small white. In fact, it seemed that Siminith was rather boastful of the fact that they would be flying with the gold wing today. After all, the Queens were arguably the most important dragons to keep safe and their duties were no less impactful. If all else failed it was upon their shoulders that responsibility landed.

Beside her, she heard Akkaida's gentle, pealing laugh.

What is so funny of a sudden, Akkaidamine? There was suspicion in her words but amusement swirling in her eyes.

Only your pride, dear one, you are a light in my darkness.

The admiring words did their job and had the small white shifting her wings with pleasure, making Akkaida's smile grow wider as they did. Her rider gave her shoulder a gentle pat before she abandoned her obsessive checking of the leather straps and instead chose to move closer to the Queen's Wing where they were gathering in wait.

Immediately, the pair felt dwarfed where they stood, such was the difference in their sizes! Yet Siminith's pride never faltered and, using her as a rock, Akkaid stood proudly at her side.

Kolina
Hi! If you wanna chat up my little whiterider. <3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:30 am
TSUNAMI WING
M'nr of Bronze Cordrath
HP: 46
Status Effect: --
XP: (+2 to base) (+5 to distribute as I see fit)
Target Accuracy: +2
Flame Length: +2
General Stamina: +3
General Agility: +2
Between Accuracy: +2
Pain Resilience: +4
Instinct: +4
Luck: +2

Oh, and Cordrath had been trying to keep from such a comment, though it was an obvious one to make toward him. Not all dragons could say they'd even fathered one clutch, and here we was a new father again. I would favor allowing the lady some respite, rather than making myself a burden - but it will be beyond my control should it come to it.

"They certainly are - all the better for me to be a good example so they don't dread being in a wing with me here in a few more months," they seemed plenty big already, at least in dragon. Though he could see where perhaps the metallics still needed to grow out of some last adolescent awkwardness. "Or perhaps they'll show me up and I'll have to try and keep up!"

Meepfur

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:34 am
Trespassers Wing
D’mos of bronze Phaeth
Status Effect: N/A
XP: +6
Target Accuracy: 8
Flame Length: 7
General Stamina: 7
General Agility: 6
Instinct: 6

D’mos had been diligent in checking each of the straps, buckles and anything else that had potential to fail while they were out flying. Nothing could go wrong, if something did it could possibly result in their death and that wasn’t an option for him at the moment.

< Nervous are we? > The bronze shifted gently in the air as they headed towards the landing location.

No I would just prefer not to make any mistakes today if possible. That included not getting himself maimed from being too careless, or even worse dying because of some foolish behavior. No he was less nervous about the upcoming battle and more worried about screwing up completely in some way.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:41 am
Harbingers Wing
Ga'loc of Brown Paramoth
HP:38
XP:
Target Accuracy: 8
Flame Length: 7
Between Accuracy: 8
Pain Resilience: 6

Ga'loc sighed as he looked over his dragon. Honestly the brown had to be the only dragon there that was actually lying down. His was sprawled out with his wings partly splayed, his head towards the sun and his eyes half closed in a blissful expression.

Would you get up you great wherry, I have to check your riding straps again before take off.

Hmmm, have you seen the state of some of the riding straps on the other dragons? Compared to them, ours are a work of art, we have nothing to worry about. Besides, I do not see why every other dragon getting themselves in a flap over what we were born to do should mean I miss out on the days best sun.

Ga'loc sighed and rolled his eyes as Paramoth shifted himself another few inches to the left to get the best warming reaction on his dark hide.
That's enough Paramoth, this is life and death, now up.
With a drawn out sigh of discontentment the brown heaved his mass into a standing poistion where his rider could best make the last and final checks on his straps and make sure the bags of firestone were well secured.  

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 11:48 am
Queen’s Wing
Ephia of gold Ariath
HP: 45

Status Effect:
XP: (+6 to all stats to begin, +5 to distribute)

The sound of crunching earth nearing them was what brought Ephia out of her thoughts as she scratched he golden eyeridge. Turning, she noted the petite white moving closer with rider in at her side. Ephia offered the pair a smile while Ariath rumbled a greeting to her little white 'sister'. Ephia couldn't help but note the way the white carried herself, as if she herself was a queen. It was a heartwarming and amusing sight to behold and the Jr. Weyrwoman felt an instant attraction to the gutsy white and her rider.

"I assume you'll be one of the riders in the Queens wing today." She said as she gently pushed away from Ariath to near the pair. "Well, it'll be a delight for sure. I am Ephia and this hulking girl here is Ariath. Which wave will you be flying today?" It was certainly always nice to be able to put names and faces to the dragons flying alongside her in the queens wing.

Ephia vaguely remembered seeing the two before but there were so many dragons and riders, with more growing, that it was always terribly hard for her to keep them all straight, even with Ariath whispering names to her when needed.

I see you and yours ready to take to the sky, Siminith. Ariath craned her neck around to look at hers and the pair.

Felyn
Quick little tag before work! <3

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:25 pm
Trespassers Wing
S'del of bronze Kindeth
HP: 45
Status Effect:
XP: (2 pts // +5 anywhere)
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 2
General Stamina: 5
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 4
Instinct: 2
Luck: 2

- - - -

S'del stood by Kindeth's head, stroking the large bronze's headridges and cheeks even as he periodically fed the dragon pieces of firestone. The bronze happily crunched away at the rock, eyes whirling a slow blue-green. The only sign something was amiss was the smallest twinge of yellow-white that mixed into the otherwise placid colors. Both rider and dragon were pensive, as they often tended to be before facing the Enemy.

This was his payback for what it did to Telgar... What it did to those he had cared most about. What it did to Pern, its land, its people. The pain he felt, the regret, the remorse... He couldn't go back and change what happened, but he and Kindeth could fight hard to ensure it happened to no one else. Kindeth sent waves of love and pride, certain that they would get through this fight without issue, while S'del let himself think about all the could-have-beens and what-ifs...

It was only when Kindeth stirred, that their bond changed from thought support to curious intrigue, that the dark haired man was cast out of his dark reverie. What is it? He asked, his focus snapping immediately to Kindeth, immediately assuming it had something to do with the bronze. No, instead, the large beast had caught sight of a certain green rider -- one that his own had spent an awful lot of time thinking about. For a moment, his blue-green eyes brightened, and he offered a deep, happy rumble to the approaching rider.

Privately to S'del, he said. Turn around.

Well, that was cryptic. Still, the man's brows furrowed slightly, and he turned to see what had caught his bronze's attention. Of all the riders in the Weyr to see, he had not expected A'ye. He felt his heart skip a beat, and half-held his breath. Maybe he wasn't actually approaching, maybe he was heading somewhere else -- there was much to do before the Wings went up. And yet.... "A'ye!" He took half-a-step forward, hoping to maybe at least wish him luck, even if the man wasn't coming this way for him.

houllow

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 12:35 pm
BURNING ACES WING
A'ye of Green Oyath
HP: 20
Status Effect: None
XP: -
General Agility: 10

The sudden wave of welcome he felt let A'ye know he was going the right way, though he'd be a blind fool to miss the massive bronze that loomed directly ahead. He'd come to know the sight of the dragon all too well, and that meant -

- S'del. A'ye's cheeks involuntarily turned red as he heard the man call his name, saw the bronzerider start to take a few steps towards him. Considering the greenrider was the one who sought him out and had no reason to be embarrassed, the older man felt like he may have made a tiny mistake. Still, he was here, he was moving, and maybe he should have stopped and waved to try and get S'del to come closer.

Or, as he found his body moving without him thinking, he could just run up and embrace the man in a tight and affectionate hold. The distance between the pair had been short enough anyway and it wasn't likely that people were watching and maybe A'ye just didn't even care because seeing S'del had him filled with relief and determination to make it through this Fall safe and sound. "I...I came to see you and tell you and Kindeth good luck."

It still sort of sucked that Oyath was right, and he would never hear the end of it.

Uta

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:05 pm
TRESPASSERS WING
=Flying First Wave=
Tyila of Green Mishaath
HP: 19
XP: 000
Target Accuracy: 3
General Stamina: 2
General Agility: 4
Pain Resilience: 2
Instinct: 2
Luck: 4

To say Tyila was nervous was an understatement. No matter that they'd been released from remedial duties some time ago now. No matter that they'd done this before. No matter that Wingleader K'ienn would never, ever lead them astray...she was still utterly frightened. Mishaath warbled slightly as the young woman checked and rechecked her straps—she as afraid too. The instinct to rise and fight the thread was strong, and she had that on her side, but even the green was trembling slightly, eyes already white with terror despite still having all four feet on the ground.

Tyalith-of-my-hearts, please be safe. Mine and I will do what we can. I know, I know Yisketh's will not lead us astray...oh dear! The green pressed her mind to that of her mate briefly before she felt Tyila clamber up into the straps. Together their twin eyes stared up up up at the gathering front, and the tiny green couldn't help but creep just a bit closer to the throng of her bronze wingmates. They'd make it. They'd all make it. She was...almost certain. The pair stole a glance towards their wingmates...At least they were flying the first round. Having to wait too much longer would only make it worse.

Thaliawen
For T'rel/Tyalith.

ShinosBee

Nerd

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:13 pm
Hurricane Wing
H'sad of blue Cinonth
First Wave
HP: 25'
Status Effect:
XP:
Target Accuracy: 7

- - - -

H'sad had been assigned to be First Wave this time. Part of the man preferred it. While D'mon had been grim about this particular Threadfall, part of the blue rider would rather go in not knowing how it would look. Second Wave would see the carnage first hand and have two hours to try to pretend it didn't affect them, or tear them to pieces with nerves. Going up first meant he wouldn't know until he got there just how accurate D'mon's predictions would be.

Maybe their Weyrleader would be mistaken. Maybe they'd make it out without issue.

As he double checked his straps, and had Cinonth stretched his wings, the man did try to catch sight of the Ashlings. He worried about them, even more than himself -- in particular, Dr'stan. This was their first Fall they'd be fighting it fully. Would Cynosuth and Dr'stan be all right? Would they make it through? Would they be fighting with him or in the second wave? His stomach turned, but it wasn't due to stress about Cinonth or himself. He knew they could make it through a rough Threadfall but this would only be Dr'stan's second. Part of him wished the Ashlings could hold off, wait for another Thread that wasn't so ominous.

But that wasn't the Weyr way.

They'll be fine. Cynosuth is a clever little green, and Her's a good rider. Aviroth's is also a good Weyrlingmaster. They will get through. Cinonth tried to stay optimistic, and turned to give his rider an affectionate nuzzle.

H'sad gave a sigh, and a little kiss to his dragon's cheek. Very well. Send them our love, okay?

Cinonth, only too happily, obliged. Cynosuth... Sending you and yours lots of love and luck this Fall. Come back safe. Mine worries.

Mx Cherie

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:19 pm
TORNADO WING
=Flying Second Wave=
E'dan of Blue Galxath
HP: 29
Flame Length: 8
Between Accuracy: 7
Luck: 7

Galxath and E'dan were the calm eye of the storm as they set about preparing. The straps wound about the blue were loose; not enough to chafe, but not tight enough to wear on the dragon. They had some time yet before they were meant to take to the sky. Being totally un-geared wasn't an option though. If someone was hurt or something went wrong, getting into the fray would take too long if they didn't at least start the process of readying. The lanky man's red and blue and white leather riding gear made him a bit of a stand-out, but gaudiness aside, they seemed intent on their preparations. Even if the blue's twirling green eyes made it seem like they were only about to go into practice, and not the real deal.

Mharlith, everything's gonna be alright, right? The blue's gentle question came. For now E'dan had a firm calming hand on him, but the blue had decided to double check. Just in case. And then Takarath and V'kenti were talking, and the pair snapped to attention...or at least bothered to look his way, though E'dan had never been one to stand at attention, ever. Let us know if you need us before the time comes. We, we'll be there fast as we can. The blue thrummed with fondness for his wingmates...even if the first patch of yellow darted through his eyes, prompting another reassuring pat from his rider to chase it away.

Sinders Path
@Mharlith
Nilah44
@Takarath

ShinosBee

Nerd

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:36 pm
Harbinger's Wing
K'lar of blue Mnereth
HP: 28 HP
XP: (+6 to all stats to begin, +5 to distribute)
Target Accuracy: +6
Flame Length: +6
General Stamina: +7
General Agility: +7
Between Accuracy: +8
Pain Resilience: +7
Instinct: +6
Luck: +6

K'lar and Mnereth will be flying first wave

K'lar's anxiety was through the roof. This was what they were meant to do, what they'd been training for.... but what if he panicked? What if he let his wing down, let his Weyr down? The tall, gaunt man worried at Mnereth's straps for a moment, smoothing them down even though he'd checked them three times already.

Do you love me?

The question was so unexpected that K'lar jumped nearly a foot in the air. "What? Of course I do!"

Then why do you worry so? You care for me, just as you care for High Reaches. You do not neglect me, and you will not neglect anything else you love. Be easy. We will do this. Mnereth's voice was a low, soothing rumble of rain on the horizon, and K'lar briefly leaned against his blue's forelimb with gratitude. "I know... I just--"

No. Mnereth nuzzled him so fondly. We can do this. And when he said it with such certainty, who was K'lar to doubt him?

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:39 pm
BURNING ACES WING
=Flying First Wave=
V'rind of Blue Krahsujunth
HP: 33
General Stamina: 9
Pain Resilience: 8

Krahsujunth shook himself loose as V'rind gave the straps a last hard tug. Unlike some blues, she didn't have to worry about Krahsujunth pulling sharp turns or flips or loops, but she still wasn't interested in falling to her death. A certain energy seemed to buzz about the pair, like lightning in a jar, ready to be set loose. Between the babies and being ill, it had been some time since they had been able to join the proper fray. On one level, Krahsujunth had rather liked flying alongside his fair Fianth, but he had also felt somewhat muzzled. He was a fighting dragon through and through, and his red-hot fury at the Enemy was not well-sated in the queen's wing.

The blue did not bother to look in Orodreth's direction, bright orange eyes instead fixating on other points of interest: his rider, his love, That Bronze, the looming storm. We are in the first wave. I have waited too long to be held back now from my proper place in the wing. His deep rumblings sounded almost accusatory...though the smaller blue was in no way at fault. He actually rather liked Orodreth, more than most. But he was bristling, ready to fight and scream and fly and flame. It did not make him a gentle conversationalist.

They had a brief minute before forming up to launch, and neither he nor V'rind wasted it. With quick steps the woman darted into the throng of another wing, spotting a familiar brown, and a familiar rider. Without hesitation she grabbed T'at by the collar, hauling him down to her level and pressing a kiss to his lips with a roughness that nearly cracked their teeth together. "If you die, I'll pluck you from between to kill you again myself," She purred, ducking to n** at his jaw none-too-gently. He'd better survive this. He'd promised not to leave her alone to raise her children. Not again.

...Fianth. The beacon of your light will guide me through any storm, back to your side. I will let no thread fall to hurt you, I would carry it upon my wings, my back, in my own claws to between rather than let a strand hurt you. For just a moment the muzzled rage gave way to an almost achingly sweet fondness for the gold that had stolen his hearts so long ago. And for the first time he let himself say such words to her, rather than to no one, as he'd done for turns and turns and turns. He might fight for all of Pern, and to sate his own instinctive hatred for Thread, but she had always been a reminder of just why this struggle was worth it, and it gave him more strength to charge into battle with.

BastetAmun
@Orodreth
Uta
@Fianth
-_Wish of Tevarae_-
@T'at

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 1:53 pm
QUEENS' WING
Lestenna of Gold Uridith
Target Accuracy: 7
Between Accuracy: 8
Instinct: 7

Takarath, please keep them all safe, won't you? If the gold had been allowed, she would have been darting hither and yon, pressing her head to her Takarath's, and inspecting each and every one of her children. Thread was a menace, and she hated it as much as the gold was able to hate anything. It had stolen a son from here not long ago at all, and every time it returned she feared for them. Thankfully in a few moments that fear would turn to a determined sort of anger. Once the fight began, she was a powerful foe: she would make thread regret all it had stolen from her! Lestenna and I will catch any that fall, but please keep them safe, if you can. And return to me, and Yours to Mine. She will not say it, but she worries. Surely you and yours have the shoulders to carry the weight of this battle, but we both will worry still...until we have you safely back upon our ledge and in our arms and under our wings. Please be careful, joy-of-my-hearts...

Despite her inner woes, the gold stood tall and proud as Lestenna did a final check of the flamethrower, and her straps. It would be a bad fall. She could feel it. D'mon had been up front in his statements, and even for them flying so far down below, it would be taxing. Lestenna was more accepting of the inevitable loss than was Uridith, and it was that resolute, resigned nature that held the gold so steady. She allowed herself to brush a gentle mental touch over all of her children, but especially taking a moment to reach out to Brieteth and to Elzebuth. Her sweet, sensitive blue boy, and her proud, defiant brown child, who had only recently been through so much.

If anything happens, I will catch you. Do not be afraid.

Nilah44
@V'kenti and Taka
Tsunake
@Elzebuth
demon_pachabel
@Brieteth

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:01 pm
QUEENS' WING
=Flying First Wave=
V'tre of Green Thanoth
HP: 14
Flame Length: 1
General Stamina: 1
Between Accuracy: 3
Pain Resilience: 1
Instinct: 1

Thanoth's wing had taken far too long to heal. It had been a sore point for V'tre since their first real threadfall, the gaps left in the membrane and the gnarled scarring over the joints a permanent reminder. She could still fly, and nearly as deftly as before, but the holes made an ever-so-faint whistling noise as the air rushed through, a lingering knell towards their brush with near death. Thankfully none of them were large enough to pose a threat of ripping further...but they had still been relegated to the golds' wing this time out. Thanoth seemed unbothered by any of it, having spent her recuperation thriving under the fawning attention of a number of greens and even a gold or two. V'tre was a bit more subdued, though his bright and mischievous mood had been steadily returning.

Another day, another chance to die, hmm? Nah, I'm sure it'll be fine. Maybe this time the drama of it all will finally push Cynosuth into—

"We should probably be focusing, Thanoth. Y'know? I don't...I don't want you to get hurt again."

The green twisted about to regard her rider, already atop her back. He winced, eyeing the pale streak of threadscore across the green's headknobs. Another reminder.

Oh very well, spoil-sport. But if things start looking grim, they'll be wishing they'd gone all tangled-tails sooner. Who knows though. Maybe he'll finally get some sense knocked into him by the thread and start picking up on what she's trying so very hard to not be blatantly putting down for him. The green shook out her wings, flapping eagerly, and looking utterly diminutive next to so many big golds.  

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2018 2:13 pm
ASHLINGS WING
=Flying Second Wave=
Peresa of Green Shoggoth
HP: 28
General Stamina: 2
Pain Resilience: 5
Instinct: 4

Being relegated to remedial training had been infuriating. Being sneered and scoffed at for turning up, fully grown but unable to even go between, had made her teeth grind. Even now, being little more than a footnote to the drama of the perfect, precious, promising little whelps of the weyrling class set Shoggoth on edge. The monstrous green twirled blood-red eyes at any of the weyrlings that crept too close, though the sight of brown Aviroth had her coiling in on herself, settling down and falling more in line, hissing too low for any but her rider to hear, a dash of white-yellow glinting through the red for a half heartbeat. She'd show them, today. She'd take thread by the throat and shake it until it was broken and still, if only it had a throat to catch her teeth on. See if they ever thought less of her again!

The fact that her rider had spotted the back of a certain head and been fixated on it the last five minutes had not helped the poor angry green's attitude. He was here, and she couldn't help but bristle at the sight of him, him and that stupid bronze, being so friendly, mooning even over, of course, another greenrider. That explained rather a lot, even if it was entirely disappointing. She growled as she stuffed another fist full of stone into the green's maw, still unwilling to look away from S'del, and now A'ye.

Left Telgar to find his dragon, to save them all, feh! He'd said he felt remorse, that he couldn't have come if he'd wanted to, but she still doubted it.

Now if only they didn't have to wait to get into the action. Her blood was already up, and this sitting around was not helping.

Uta
@S'del: SHE MAD STILL.

Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 136 137 138 139 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas