Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Newbie Supporting and Training Guild

Back to Guilds

The NSTG's mission is to provide a safe and educational environment for the fostering of newbies to productive Gaians. 

Tags: Guide, Support, Games, Newb, Help 

Reply ☆ Chatterbox
The Trunk of... Chatterbox? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 12:53 pm
Auriga La Shock
Darkerdemons
Auriga La Shock

emotion_awesome I don't know what the event is, but I think we're on the same team.

Wha? xD

But if we were to be on the same team, Gaia itself would surely explode!!

emotion_yatta It will explode from the sheer awesomeness of our combined forces? Heheheh~  
PostPosted: Wed Jan 31, 2018 1:18 pm
Darkerdemons
[
emotion_yatta It will explode from the sheer awesomeness of our combined forces? Heheheh~

Exactly!  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Graveyard of Achievements 500
  • Stargazing Knight 500
  • Shopkeep's Apprentice 500

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 6:27 pm
emotion_donotwant *pokes Virtual Hollywood*  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:21 pm
I hope Ebania is is ok  

Spiderliciously

Friendly Giver

28,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Party Animal 100

Spiderliciously

Friendly Giver

28,375 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Newbie Helper 100
  • Party Animal 100
PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 7:24 pm
Sorry to leave early. I was getting very anxious. I hope everyone had a good time  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:41 am
Cheshire Kattz
Sorry to leave early. I was getting very anxious. I hope everyone had a good time

Missed you! Hope you are feeling better now! emotion_hug  

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 7:42 am
Auriga La Shock

emotion_donotwant Forgot to talk about curling... AGAIN?!

ninja What can I tell you about the sport? Did you want a quick overview or is there something(s) you were specifically curious about?

EDIT: o.o Oh my! It's Dark Auriga!  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 18, 2018 8:39 am
Auriga La Shock

Ooo I'm liking your avatar at the moment! I love the Angels Secret item that you have going on! =]  

ancantsia

Feline Flatterer

17,925 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Friendly 100

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Stargazing Knight 500
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:56 am
Darkerdemons
Auriga La Shock

ninja What can I tell you about the sport? Did you want a quick overview or is there something(s) you were specifically curious about?

Idk tell me everything =O The basics I suppose xD

xD Yeah, I decided to do something different ninja  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:57 am
ancantsia
Auriga La Shock

Ooo I'm liking your avatar at the moment! I love the Angels Secret item that you have going on! =]

Whelp, and I just changed it xD But thank you nonetheless. I really enjoy that item, it's so casual and nice ^^  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Stargazing Knight 500

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 4:36 pm
Auriga La Shock
Darkerdemons
Auriga La Shock

razz Basics it is~

Note: The goal/rules for curling actually depend on what variation is being played (e.g. Regular, Doubles, Skins, Hot Shots, Other League/Club Variations). Most of what I'm going to explain applies to Regular/Doubles curling. There is some crossover with the other variations though.

Terms
Rocks / Stones: the ~44 pound (~20 kg) granite objects being thrown across the ice (I will be using both terms; they refer to the exact same thing though)
House: the colored rings at either end of the ice (it resembles and has the function of a bulls-eye target)
Button: circle in the middle of the house (bulls-eye)
Sheet: the ice, also refers to the divided segment two teams play on at a time (e.g. Sheet 1 is like Lane 1 or Court 1), image with all the lines/circles on each sheet and their names
Thrower: the individual throwing a stone
Sweeper: the individual moving a broom across the ice in a side-to-side motion or walking near the rock
Skip: most of the time, this is the person holding the broom as a target for their team

Goal: Get as many of your team's stones as close to the button across the sheet as possible.

Naturally, the game is a bit more complex then that...

The thrower has to release the stone by a thick black line called the hog line. The stone must pass the hog line on the opposite side of the sheet and not pass the line at the back of the house to be in play. No player is allowed to physically contact a stone unless the stone is not in play or all the rocks have been thrown and score decided. Sweepers may use their brooms to warm up the ice in front of the rock; this affects how far across the ice the stone travels as well as how much the rock moves to the right or left side of the sheet.

Teams take turns throwing stones.
Regular: 16 stones total, 8 stones per team, 2 stones thrown by each player
Doubles: 12 stones total, 6 stones per team, 2 or 3 stones thrown by each player (I am aware the math seems off here, but doubles is complicated that way, lol!)

When all the rocks have been thrown, this is called a complete 'end'.

Only rocks touching the house have the potential to score. Only the team with the rock closest to the button can score. They get as many points as they have rocks closest to the button until an opposition's rock is closer than their own.
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Each curling game consists of multiple ends (usually 8 or 10). When the last end is finished the team with the most points wins the game.

This image pretty much covers everything I just posted, but it's a great visual summary. xd

There's a lot more to curling than this, so let me know if you're curious about anything else!
- Game variations
- Hammer
- Shot Types & Strategy
- Player position names and duties

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 1:04 pm
Darkerdemons
Auriga La Shock
Darkerdemons
Auriga La Shock

razz Basics it is~

Note: The goal/rules for curling actually depend on what variation is being played (e.g. Regular, Doubles, Skins, Hot Shots, Other League/Club Variations). Most of what I'm going to explain applies to Regular/Doubles curling. There is some crossover with the other variations though.

Terms
Rocks / Stones: the ~44 pound (~20 kg) granite objects being thrown across the ice (I will be using both terms; they refer to the exact same thing though)
House: the colored rings at either end of the ice (it resembles and has the function of a bulls-eye target)
Button: circle in the middle of the house (bulls-eye)
Sheet: the ice, also refers to the divided segment two teams play on at a time (e.g. Sheet 1 is like Lane 1 or Court 1), image with all the lines/circles on each sheet and their names
Thrower: the individual throwing a stone
Sweeper: the individual moving a broom across the ice in a side-to-side motion or walking near the rock
Skip: most of the time, this is the person holding the broom as a target for their team

Goal: Get as many of your team's stones as close to the button across the sheet as possible.

Naturally, the game is a bit more complex then that...

The thrower has to release the stone by a thick black line called the hog line. The stone must pass the hog line on the opposite side of the sheet and not pass the line at the back of the house to be in play. No player is allowed to physically contact a stone unless the stone is not in play or all the rocks have been thrown and score decided. Sweepers may use their brooms to warm up the ice in front of the rock; this affects how far across the ice the stone travels as well as how much the rock moves to the right or left side of the sheet.

Teams take turns throwing stones.
Regular: 16 stones total, 8 stones per team, 2 stones thrown by each player
Doubles: 12 stones total, 6 stones per team, 2 or 3 stones thrown by each player (I am aware the math seems off here, but doubles is complicated that way, lol!)

When all the rocks have been thrown, this is called a complete 'end'.

Only rocks touching the house have the potential to score. Only the team with the rock closest to the button can score. They get as many points as they have rocks closest to the button until an opposition's rock is closer than their own.

Each curling game consists of multiple ends (usually 8 or 10). When the last end is finished the team with the most points wins the game.

This image pretty much covers everything I just posted, but it's a great visual summary. xd

There's a lot more to curling than this, so let me know if you're curious about anything else!
- Game variations
- Hammer
- Shot Types & Strategy
- Player position names and duties

=O Thanks! ^^ xD It was really just the basics of the scoring that had been confusing me. It makes much more sense now  

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Stargazing Knight 500

Darkerdemons

Destructive Daredevil

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2018 10:40 pm
Ebania

Thank you for the birthday wishes and trade! emotion_hug  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:42 pm
Darkerdemons

Does League of Shadows in Batman Begins count as ninjas? I have realized I can't think of anything ninja or Easter related. rofl  

The Clumsy Kitty

Sweetest Kitten

23,350 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Confectioner’s Sweetest Confession 100
  • Unstoppable Egg Hunter 250

Auriga La Shock

zOMG Knight

81,050 Points
  • Stargazing Knight 500
PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2018 12:47 pm
Darkerdemons
:

Kung pow
☆ Chatterbox

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff