Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[ORP] A Springtime Surprise! [Hatching!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 5:49 pm
Akaris

"Drama? I can only imagine what he did to earn that name for himself." Better than antics that led to names like 'No!' and 'Stop!' or maybe, Faranth forbid, one so noisy it found itself dubbed 'Shut Up.' She was quite pleased that Lovely was so well-behaved and easy to train. Shards, she barely needed any training at all.

"I just...everyone still talks about that first bronze at the Hatching, that he seemed like he liked hurting people. I wouldn't want a dragon like that." She frowned at the thought, only to will a smile back to her face and add, "Not that a bronze would want me, anyway, but you know what I mean."

"I...I feel a bit better, this time," she said after some hesitation. She'd had more time now to progress in dealing with the trauma from the Touching, enough to be functional and not outright terrified. Whether or not she'd still be coping well once the dragons started hatching...well, that would depend on how they behaved and how close they got. "And I have you to keep me safe! Until you Impress, at least. Then maybe I can go sit on Junenth."

Akaris wasn't sure if that was really an option, but she could go and be...near-ish to safe people and dragons.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:05 pm
More Candidates began to gather around Riz and Shar had to admit she was glad for it. She could remember when she had first met the boy on the day he had escaped from the healer's ward to get some fresh air. He had been alone, injured, and definitely in need of a friend. Now that he'd had time to heal mentally and physically he had really come into his own and he was clearly doing well.

"You've got us to help you," she reassured him, giving the other Candidates a smile. While she didn't know their names she knew their faces, and she nodded in greeting before glancing back towards the eggs.

A question was posed and Shar shook her head, motioning for the other girl to join them. "Not at all. Plenty of sand for everyone. I'm Shar," she added after Nalacko introduced herself.

"Hopefully this Hatching will go smoothly," she agreed, already sweating up a storm. She hoped she'd be able to Stand the whole time with her energy slowly being sapped. She was no longer ill but definitely still had to get her strength back from the sickness she had endured.

magnadearel

houllow

Ruhane Chiisai

---

"All right, get going!" M'aze said as he shooed another batch of Candidates towards the sands. He and Zeath had just landed with hopefully the last batch of Candidates from High Reaches and not a moment too soon. There were lots of hopefuls standing on the sands and a good number of eggs waiting to hatch. Judging by the way the queen was acting it wouldn't bet long now before dozens of dragons were tearing about looking for Theirs.

I wonder if any of them will return with a dragon at their side, Zeath pondered as he watched the gathered young adults. He hoped that many of the High Reaches Candidates would take home Theirs, but he was a bit biased. He was sure the Western Candidates were just as worthy of a dragon companion but he had all his claws crossed for those he knew from their home.

"I'm sure at least one will," M'aze said with a fond pat against the bronze's leg before pulling himself back up onto his saddle. "All right. Let's get off the sands and up to the viewing area." With a quick movement Zeath was airborne and after circling the small area of viewing a few times found a spot to land. M'aze coughed as powerful wings kicked up a bit of dust as the two settled down beside another bronze and his rider, Zeath's little mess settling over them as well.

"Sorry!" M'aze called down as he slid off his dragon, landing heavily on the ground. "Didn't realize how soft the dirt was here." A quick glance let him know these two were not from High Reaches - he was too good at remembering faces to not recognize someone from home - and he quickly held out his hand with a grin.

"M'aze, High Reaches. This is Zeath," he added, nodding up to the bronze who tilted his head in greeting, eyes swirling blue and green.

Hattaki

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

DarkHikari

Shadowy Seeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2018 8:36 pm
High Reaches Candidate - Adairan

Adairan shuffled along behind Gr'del with the others. As he waited to be ferried off by one of the many riders who had volunteered he did his best to smooth his hair and straighten his robes. 'Presentable. I need to look presentable. That matters doesn't it? Do the dragons choose based on looks? He began to panic as he realized that he didn't know the answer to his own question. Where was Aliane? She would know the answer. His search for his sister was cut short as he was nudged forward. Shyly he glanced up at the pair that would be taking him to the hatching. It was a small green pair, barely big enough to carry the rider along with her two passengers. She smiled warmly down at him and offered out her hand to help him up. "Don't worry. Rath may be small but she'll get us all there!"

He moved up and offered his hand to the girl behind him, pulling her up and helping her get settled before the green effortlessly took to the sky, circling lazily to gain enough altitude to bring them safely into the skies above the island. Adairan closed his eyes and counted slowly, forcing himself to ignore the cold sting of Between before his breath burst out on the other side in the steamy air. Oh what a difference! They floated to the ground and the young man slid off, offering out his gangly arms to catch the other candidate if she needed. Once they were both firmly on the ground he hurried off to settle himself amoungst the others, leaning from foot to foot until he could get used to the heat.

High Reaches Rider - Kyt & Green Rath

Kyt watched the red-head as he was nudged forward. She recognized that panicked look of terror. She put on what she hoped was a reassuring smile to him. "Don't worry. Rath may be small but she'll get us all there!" She rubbed gently at the green's hide as she spoke. The green let out an approving rumble as she took to the sky. For a moment the pair pushed against each other as Rath had to be coerced into actually going Between. The air was so nice and a good long flight would have been much preferred. But there was work to be done and candidates to fetch. They burst forth over the island and Kyt let out a light sigh. The balmy air was so stifling, but it made for a good backdrop for the eggs to hatch.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:31 am
Astriana (Western)

Astriana mentally smirked when she saw the pink tinge on Cedarian's cheeks, the exactly reaction she was hoping for. She was sure her twin would be proud of her when she told him. The young woman still hoped the green rider would be coming, but no matter what, she knew he would be rooting for her. Same for her younger brother and uncle, they always gave her more support than she could ask for. Her attention turned back to the other beside her and briefly wondered what his type was. She hadn't really think he went for the happy go lucky, like the male he was speaking to anyway. The thought occurred to him his kind was probably like his friends, which one of them she actually respected a lot herself. The other..well, let's just say that she was disappointed that he didn't learn more humility after the last hatching.

Just as she was trying to decide how to best to speak of next, she heard Cedarian's comment to the other. Looking over, she had to admit, the heat was definitely not doing him any favors. Then the other spoke, asking about the 'admirer' comment. From the look in his eyes, it had gone over his head she was referring to him. She had to mentally roll her eyes at that, was he that clueless about things? Taking note of his name, Papys, it was obvious he would not do the smart thing and go into the shade. No, he was going to stand there.

"My name is Astriana. You really should take his advice, not everyone can handle this heat,"she spoke cooly. She wondered if Cedarian was missing the missing Weyrlings like she was. She also was debating how long Papys would be over here with them, before he went to share his 'sunshine' with others.

Masterharper

demon_pachabel

(Anyone else, feel free to make connections to Astri)

Ashlyn and Blue Gyafrith (HR Asst Weyrlingmaster)

Ashlyn was getting the buckets of meat ready for the expected Weyrlings, though she didn't know how many of them would be from High Reaches. She certainly hoped they got a decent amount of them, since they were getting close to the Tarot Weyrlings to graduate. It would be nice to have some new ones to take under their wings and help guide them. Would some of her siblings get lucky down on the sands, even if this was not their own hatching sands? That would just be amazing, but she truly believed each of her siblings would find their soul mate eventually. Her eyes looked over to V'mel, wondering what was going through his head. Knowing him, he would be making plans for how they would get the new young ones home. They may have to fly them all the way back, just to be on the safe side.

Hello Kinye, Ionan, and Tass,Gyafrith thought into the three gently. He had noticed Ashlyn's sister had spotted them, so he wanted them to know they were not alone. He wasn't sure if either of their parents were coming, since they barely had time to get themselves here. He certainly hoped so, but they would see soon enough.

demon_pachabel

Thaliawen

ShinosBee
for mentioning her boss

(Anyone can say Ashlyn and Gyafrith brought them. Also, feel free to interact with them as well. For our Sr. Weyrlings, if they want to know what is going on in the hatching, let me know. Gyafrith will keep them updated too, like he will Monath.)  

Dea and #Teddy#

Shy Regular

Ruhane Chiisai

Clockwork Rodent

21,850 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Battery 500
  • Magical Gems 500
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:26 am
Faren smiled at the others and nodded softly. "Nice to meet you all! I'm Farensil." She waved, and moved into place, relaxed and looser than she had been in some time. "I think I've seen some of you around, but I guess we haven't really talked much, yet. Beautiful day, right?" She was mostly oblivious to the discomfort in the others. The heated sun felt good, even if there wasn't much wind to cool it down, and the shade shifted with what there was. She gave a glance to Gr'del, sure she was probably being watched, given her recent... mishaps.

Hattaki

houllow

SilverLutz

magnadearel

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 8:30 am
Midais - Western Candidate

A loopy grin spread on Midais’s face, at least talking to someone made him realize he wasn’t entirely alone on being nervous for such things. Even still his fingers felt rather clammy as his stomach sort of did a few somersaults in his lower gut but it wouldn’t be all that bad. Even if he didn’t impress this time, even if it meant he didn’t find a partner and had to continue being a candidate a little longer there was nothing entirely wrong with that. Besides there was a party that he could look forward to afterwards and he was sure there would be a handful of other candidates who didn’t get an egg who would be joining in the festivities of drinking.

“My first one too, I’m guessing you are from High Reaches right?” He opened his mouth to ask if he was hoping to get a bronze but instead he shut his mouth not wanting to dig too much.

baby-gwing

-----

Sa’do and the bronze Rynsaith

It was hot, way hotter than Sa’do had anticipated when flying down to the southern island not that he hadn’t expected it to be. Unfortunately he was not entirely prepared considering he was still wearing full set of leathers and eventually had to peel off various amounts of layers until his arms were bare and there was a little bit of a breeze going through his undershirt having pants he would have to suffer through. He wondered how Elyk was doing, if he was hot having to stand out on the beach waiting on the clutch, was he as nervous as he was when he had to go through the same thing?

Taking a set of boxes he brought them over to where one of the healer tents were set up as someone was waving to the group of candidates with gusto.

“Hey… is there any particular place you want this?”

houllow

stella cinere
Crew

Ice-Cold Codger

Kolina

Inquisitive Agent

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:09 pm
Ephia and gold Ariath

Ephia and Ariath were late arriving on the scene of the hatching. The goldrider had been far from her weyr, off having a check up from the healers when the news quickly circulated amongst the Weyr. In fact, a rather stern look and words of caution were given to her about going between as she hadn't been given a clean write-off. But, stubborn and determined that she was, Ephia wasn't going to miss this event. A lingering cough was all that announced the Jr. Weyrwoman's near death experience and she was very tired of doing nothing. A change of scenery would be good and hot sands certainly wouldn't hurt any.

Appearing from between Ephia and Ariath found the beach already swarming with other riders, dragons and the candidates carted in from both High Reach and Western. It was very make-shift, but there was nothing that could be done about it. Fool girl for letting her queen clutch out here. It's a miracle any of the eggs survived. A cough rasped through her but she cleared her throat as if nothing happened.

Ariath crooned as her rider coughed, a hint of worry coloring their connection.
All is well though. The eggs are healthy and the hatchlings within. The queen bellowed a greeting to those below as she swooped down and around, taking a spot by the water's edge, far enough away from the mother queen to not cause any possible distress.

Ephia dismounted from her queen, a hand trailing over the soft hide as she walked to the large head that dipped down to her level. A scratch along an eyeridge was given before Ephia turned to join the other riders who were busy prepping for the impromptu hatching.

Quote:
Ephia and Ariath are open for interaction! Feel free to pull both or either into conversation! <3

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 1:52 pm
Zelaya

More and more riders were appearing, depositing their charges onto the sands before either flying away again or settling in to watch. It was a chaotic affair, and Zelaya made certain to remain firmly but passively at her father's side. She didn't want to be swept up in this untidy mess, and joining the rest of her candidate kind was also not quite the place to be at the moment. The swelling crowd made it more and more difficult to see the eggs (and to breathe, but the desperate need not to shame her father kept her rooted and outwardly still), and she subconsciously drew a half-step closer to Z'tir's side.

The heat wasn't doing anyone except the eggs a favor either, and each passing dragon overhead offered a minute window of shade and the breeze off their wings. One in particular caught the young woman's eye, and she made a small 'oh' sound at the sight of a certain gold settling on the sand nearby. "Sylfie and Hesperith are here," It was a passing mention, but the fact that it was made at all, combined with the timid wave in the other woman's direction... She didn't know if her father approved of Sylfie or not, but they were...maybe not quite friends. They'd met, at least. And it was nice to see a friendly face around.

It did make her wonder though. Plenty of golds had been in this new mother's position in the last turn, it seemed. What made some return to the weyrs, and others not? Was it the rider? The dragon? Would the new hatchlings be more or less inclined to dutifully serve the weyrs? Would any even impress, if they hatched at all? At least the mother would have her pick of other, more experienced golds to offer council and support.

Mx Cherie

Meepfur

Jacquol

Jacquol didn't at all mind having her hand turned this or that way for her accessories to be admired. She'd admired them too, enough that she'd lifted them off the wrists and fingers of whomever'd been wearing them when she saw them. And if she took a rapid mental tally of them all once they both let go, well, that was only her business. "Fort's missing out. But that's alright. The bubbly pies always taste best when you weren't the one meant to have them!" Though hopefully the babies didn't already have preferences, wouldn't between. As lighthearted as she spoke about it, she'd feel pretty badly if their presence confused the hatchlings enough to die.

"Just the one, before this. Plenty of bright eggs there too, but less...I dunno. None with wherry-spots, at least!" That last hatching was why the eggs not rocking already didn't bother her. More time to scope out the beach, more time to plan a dashing run for the waves or the trees if need be. "Honestly, I'd not really planned on this whole...candidate....thing, anyway, but here we are. I don't think it'd be too terrible, finding a partner." A subtle glance around to see if anyone was listening. "I've a fine piece, m'self, on a brown. Be nice to give his-th a friend, aye?" A green, maybe, spit-fire bright and fast. A gold would be splendid and sparkle to match her plunder, but in this day and age it made one a bit too much of a target.

And besides. She didn't really want to be like this gold's rider, frazzled and stranding in place for weeks once the time came. A gold couldn't, wouldn't just bury her treasure and set sail again.

"How many, you think? There were a few buried in the last batch—the last I stood for, I mean. It's a bit different, having not touched them. If they come out angry, looking for the Fort kids, I'll boost you up a tree if you haul me up after, eh?" She was definitely kidding. Probably.

Masterharper

ShinosBee

Nerd

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:56 pm
Elyk - High Reaches Candidate

"Yeah." Taking in the sight of the loopy grin that the larger man had on his face, Elyk allowed himself a small smile as he took his eyes briefly off from the eggs that were in the sand and stretched a hand towards the other candidate. "Name's Elyk and judging by the way you phrased that question, I suppose it's not wrong for me to assume that you're from the Western Weyr then?"

He was still nervous as hell over the impending hatching and whether he would be able to impress given that there were also candidates from another weyr here. But that was besides the point since the most important thing right now was to ensure that the hatching went smoothly and all the resulting dragonets were cared for properly.

stella cinere

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:40 pm
Rylyrr

"I will have to introduce you to him after the hatching. If he is over his sulk." Rylyrr had told Drama to stay and the blue fire lizard had flopped over and whined until Chief had nipped him.

"I'm glad you are feeling a bit better." He reached over carefully taking a hand and squeezed slightly. "Of course I will protect you." Rylyrr grinned slightly. "At the very least, you can behind me."

Meepfur
Akaris

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 5:22 pm
Iathe of High Reaches

The tall woman nodded wordlessly, though did pause to tilt her head when the woman trailed off. Some of those who Impressed? Did she not approve? Iathe had to admit, she'd been too exhausted to really pay much attention to the new weyrlings... and even if she hadn't, she didn't know anything about the Western candidates. "True," She agreed. "I don't think most of them really understood how dangerous baby dragons can be."

After a moment, she held out her hand, realizing she'd failed to introduce herself. "Iathe, of High Reaches. I wish I could say I'd be surprised, but." When a gold clutched out in the middle of nowhere without anyone knowing about it? She shook her head with disapproval.

demon_pachabel

--

Alya of High Reaches

"Hah! But we could make money off of this!" She replied, her eyes gleaming with mirth. "Or favors! People would be clamoring just to hold our hands or stand near us..." Alya grinned at the thought, but quickly focused on Rio's targets with keen-eyed interest. "Hmmm... Let's take all three! Minus that grim one, goodness. He looks like..." Alya gave a mock shudder and giggled. "Right! You go greet that tall boy and I'll grab the girls!"

Darting across the sands, she made sure to stop near Esfir first, because she was adorable. "Hi! Do you want to stand with me and my friends?" Because Dorianus was already going to be a friend, she'd decided. "We'll be standing right over there, if so!" She pointed in the direction of the boys with a big grin and started to trot off, when--"Oh! I'm Alya, by the way!"

She quickly ran over the hot sands to Ticene next, practically bouncing with enthusiasm. "Hello!" She sang out. "I'm Alya! Come stand with us? It makes Hatchings so much better!" If the girl didn't resist, she'd reach out to tug gently at her hands, eager to bring her over.

Meepfur
And Alya says EVERYONE!

BastetAmun
For mention... and preemptive warning!

DaisyMilk
Gathering up Esfir, if she wants to join!

The_Muffin_Puppy
Trying to lead Ticene back to her little group!

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:06 pm
magnadearel

Western Rider

Rinis's brown firelizard's excited chatter roused L'saen from a peaceful nap in the crook of his dragon's arm. He blinked blurry eyed at the brown who was making such an awful racket.

"What does he want Solouth? My brain isn't even awake yet."

I believe this is because of the surprise hatching.

"Surprise hatching?! Oh Rinis will be needing transport then!" He scrabled up and prepped his dragon for flight.

He instructed Chaek to tell his mistress where they were. He would of course deliver her to the hatching himself.  

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

Aukai Oceansoul

Springtime Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 6:33 pm
High Reaches Weyr Candidate Reenav

Reenav had all but leaped into his robes and caught a green rider just as he was taking off. Appearing over the island from the breath stealing cold of between he shuddered the chill off and gazed over the assembled dragons surrounding the clutch born on a small but beautiful island. He felt the magic of the moment rise up to envelope his heart. How beautiful it was here.

This was an unexpected chance at a derg and he was very excited, caught up in the fuss and the moment.

Upon landing he went to stand with the rest of the candidates and got his first good look at the clutch. It was strange no having had a chance at a touching but it just increased the adrenaline.

Western Weyr Candidate Damon

Damon crowed with excitement from the back of the great bronze dragon who had kindly given him a ride to the sandy island full of potential dragon partners. The sky was clear and bright the temperature hot and his heart was on fire. What a fantastic oportunity to impress a dragon and how cool that it was not at a weyr but on an island as well. Who else got to say that that happened to them.

He was shaking when he touched ground from excitement, he thanked the bronze rider for his help, bowed to the dragon and met his fellow candidates over by the eggs.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:14 pm
Sylfie and Hesperith

Sylfie wavered uncomfortably once the candidates she and Hesperith had transported made their way towards the clutch; her first instinct would have been to follow the group, as it usually was when she was unsure of herself, but that was obviously out of the question in this instance, as she was very much not a candidate. She had a dragon who had ever-so-helpfully abandoned her in a time of need by going to sit by the water. Ostensibly, she had done so to be of assistance in a fashion that required very little from her, but Sylfie knew full well that it was also an ideal place to sun and pose. Out of place and reluctant to wade in to the chaos and attempt to socialize, she was seriously considering just sitting with her dragon, wielding the excuse that her wing could provide shade to prevent her from burning. It was even true! She'd lost her tan over the course of the winter, and exposure to the harsh sun here was sure to end in a peeling sunburn.

But someone familiar waved, and after a moment more of hesitation and a mental nudge from her gold, she picked her way over to her friend (maybe?) and, by necessity, the man she was with. "Zelaya," she acknowledged with a soft smile and a duck of her head. "You're...not in robes...?"

She was a candidate, and at a Hatching, but not dressed for one? Had she not had time or...or something? Should she offer to go back and get them for her? But, oh, there was the stranger with Zelaya that she still hadn't acknowledged, and she should do that. Eyes flitted up and over and...found rank knots. Terrifyingly important rank knots that she stared at for a humiliatingly long moment before she ducked her head again and choked out the word she was looking for, "Wingleader."

Oh, Faranth. What had Hesperith gotten her into this time? The gold, for her part, wasn't even paying attention. She was far too focused on all the handsome males about. There were two other golds, as well, she'd noted, but these browns and bronzes were far more interesting. She thrummed a cheerful greeting at the one who happened to be closest to her, the Candidatemaster's excellent brown just a little ways off down the beach from her own chosen spot. It is a lovely day for a Hatching, is it not?

ShinosBee

Mx Cherie

Masterharper

Meepfur
Crew

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:15 pm
demon_pachabel

Dea and #Teddy#

Cedarian
The man gave a slow but incredulous arch of a brow as Papys completely missed Astriana's tease. Any fluster he had felt at being picked upon was washed away by his surprise. Who on Pern was this stranger, and why had he picked Cedarian to harass, out of all the people on this island? Already, the young man couldn't help but wonder if this was just a prelude to disappointment to come.

"Suit yourself," he stated with a small sniff. "I might head over there myself at this rate. I'd rather not burn before there are babies on the Sand, or risk heat stroke from the sun." If his unwanted companion wanted to burn, then he could be his guest. At least Astriana had sense enough to agree with him. One point in her favor, not doubt.

He did lean back when the other leaned in, and took another step back, to put more distance between himself and Papys. Perhaps this was nothing more than practice for when dragonets drew near.

Papys. Hmph. Well, he'd do well to avoid him! "Cedarian." No comment about it being good to meet him -- it wasn't -- no additional conversation. No. He would not be rude, but that didn't mean he couldn't let the conversation die. If Astriana wanted to keep talking, well, that was her choice.

-----

ShinosBee

Kiri
Kiri was very glad to have gotten to stand near Jacquol. It was nice to meet someone breezy and relatively amicable; she liked the others sense of humor, and certainly appreciated the way she seemed to shine as vibrantly as her jewelry. A refreshing change of pace, really, and one she was glad to be getting to know.

"There's always a silver lining -- Fort's loss is most certainly our gain. The downside is there's double the Candidates -- High Reaches certainly has quite the group tagging along." One of them, of course, was her brother. "I just hope the dragonets inside don't mind the switch. I don't really know if touchings are imperative or not, do you?" She'd hate it if the little ones cracked shell angry or irritable. What would they be like? What were they feeling surrounded by all these foreign voices? It couldn't be easy in the wild.

When the girl lowered her voice to make her confession, Kiri couldn't help but laugh in response. "I certainly don't blame you. To be fair, I wasn't expecting to be Searched myself, but First Fall brought me to the Weyr after our ship got caught out in the mess of it, and I guess they happened to like what they saw. Vimiath's clutch was my official first, though, and that was.... something else." The girl found the idea of dragon riding appealing; and if she failed that, she could return to the jungles and hopefully bond to a feline instead. A few turns pause wouldn't cause her any harm, and who knew? Maybe she'd find a nice piece, herself. "Here's hoping you'll find that lovely lady this time around!"

Glancing back at the eggs, green eyes swept over the clutch, pausing at Susurinth who was still guarding her babies. "Mm. It's kind of hard to say. I'd be surprised if any were buried out here, given how close to sea level we are. I'm going to say no surprises. What about you? And sounds good to me! I'll make sure we keep all our limbs intact." Not to mention their lives. Kiri didn't wish for a massacre -- it was too nice a day. Surely, these little beach bums would hatch happy, wouldn't they?

- - -
Smerdle

F'vel of brown Yezmanth
F'vel was torn.

On the one hand, he looked up to the metallic riders of the Weyr as if they were some shining beacon of hope and wisdom. Everything told him that they could do no wrong, or at least, always had the best of intentions. They were of a different mold than the green and blue riders of the Weyr, and were even steps above brownriders like himself.

And yet.

To see Pavari and her gold Susurinth on the beach, looking as they did, he couldn't help but judge. He didn't want to -- she was a gold rider, after all -- and yet... How. How. How could someone time things so poorly as to get stuck on a beach? Could they not have transported the eggs? Could Fort not have provided more adequate shelter? On and on, the man judged the entire situation, even as he sized up all the Westerners present. It seemed like some sort of circus, hmph, and it wasn't something he wanted any part of.

But, he needed to help transport Candidates, and if the dragonets themselves weren't feral or diseased, some might even be brought up and raised in High Reaches. Quite the honor, really.

With his arms crossed, and a frown on his face, the man picked his way among the crowd, looking for some sort of prime spot to witness the madness. Yezmanth had settled not far from some blue, and was oblivious to his riders judgment; there were babies, and that was something all dragons could enjoy. He also enjoyed the fact that he was by a blue, which meant he looked all the larger, and of course, all the more powerful. Small dragons were always a nice backdrop.

He recognized the pair -- they were in the same Flight, if not the same Wings -- though he didn't know much about him. Someone easily forgettable, of course, and not someone important enough for F'vel to know. Still, he was a fellow High Reaches rider, and that was good enough for him. "Can you believe this? I just don't understand how someone could be so negligent." F'vel's frown matched H'win's, though it was not directed at the other man. Yet.

((I am sorry. LOL. I can stash F'vel somewhere else if he's too unpleasant. He's kind of my resident a*****e, colorist, toady.))

Sinders Path

Pavari & gold Susurinth
The young woman was just a bit overwhelmed.

She had expected Fort Weyr to attend, but to have both Western Weyr and High Reaches surrounding her and Susurinth's clutch? To have them all watching, staring, judging...? The girl had been distressed enough about what had happened, but she had at least talked things out with Fort Weyr, explained the situation. Now, she had not one, but two Weyrs, staring at her... and no, she had not missed hearing a few comments and whispers from those nearby, carried on the wind.

Well, it didn't matter, now, did it? She had Susurinth, and as soon as the eggs were clutched, they could be free to go anywhere. The two had thought about maybe, just maybe, looking into one of the Weyrs, but had not yet made up their mind. Part of her wondered if the queen would enjoy being close to where her children went... but, then again, might they all be separated? Would not Susurinth have to dance between both Weyrs?

Oh, all these lovely individuals have come to see me and my precious ones. The queen didn't seem to mind all the attention -- in fact, she rather enjoyed it. She made sure to adjust how she sat, to show off her most flattering angles, and of course, to lean down to gently turn an egg here, or turn an egg there. To any experienced viewers, particularly among the gold riders, it was very clear this young mother had very little maternal sense -- perhaps due to inexperience, or simply perhaps due to a healthy dose of self-centeredness. Not every queen was maternal, after all.

Thankfully, though, Susurinth was interested enough in keeping her clutch the center of attention. Ish. Come out, come out, my dears. Come find Yours among all these nice boys and girls!

The eggs, of course, did nothing.

It was about this time that someone approached, and Pevari couldn't help but be surprised. She didn't know this stranger, but that was just as well. Everyone was a stranger at this point. "Hello," she started, letting her suspicious surprise turn into a smile. "Kind of you to stop by and be seen with a criminal," she joked, trying to lighten the mood, or at least her nerves. "We're all right. Susurinth actually loves all this attention on her and her eggs, and I... am just trying to get through it."

- - -
Z o m b i k ii

Shinnikan
The young man kept his expression schooled as the green eyed girl replied. There was the slightest scrunch of his brows, before he gave a small chuckle, unsure what else to do. On the one hand, her words were terribly serious, and far darker than he expected. Given how chipper of a mood he was in, her response was so dramatic it was terribly hard not to laugh.

But then, he was the sort of man who found the humor in just about everything. "Well, that's one way to put it, sure," he added, not at all phased. "Hey, at least it only happens a few times a Turn. I wouldn't call it that monotonous, though the chores and lessons as a Candidate can be. They do say Impressing makes it all worthwhile." He added helpfully, not really sure what else to say. Was she teasing or was she just naturally dramatic?

"I take it this isn't your first Hatching then?" He grinned, teasingly. "I couldn't really tell." He gave another laugh, hoping the girl wasn't too put off by his humor. "I'm Shinnikan. Maybe this time you'll get lucky?"

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 46 47 48 49 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff