Welcome to Gaia! ::

Team Snagem: A Pokemon RP

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying Guild offering a wide variety of features and characters. 

Tags: Gijinka, Snagem, Pokemon, Literate, Roleplay 

Reply Team Mission Archive
World War Arc Team Mission 3 - Blitzkreig Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 3:09 pm
Wren ignored Darts' snide comment aside from a simple retort. "I can't stand shoes." Was all he said, continuing to climb, his callused feet making swift work of it. While it was exhausting making this climb with only his own power to go on, he ended up proving himself plenty capable of it by the time he reached the top. When Darts announced the number of people, he gave a momentary consideration for how to do it and then recalled a had a partner that should be able to make it simple enough if he could get the drop on them. Altissima's Sleep Powder might not be the most effective method of taking out a knowing foe, it was very effective at dealing with one that wasn't aware of their presence. "I think I can manage that." And then the smell of ozone began to reach his nose. The electrical energy near the ferris wheel had risen so far that the ionized oxygen in the air was beginning to form entirely new bonds, the smell of which had reached all the way to the cliffside where the group now stood. "Something's going on over there, isn't it?" He asked, suddenly feeling incredibly anxious when he looked in that direction. He couldn't see it but he could certainly feel something was off. Like there was danger there that wasn't supposed to be. "I can't worry about that, though. I have a job to do here and in a hurry." He reminded himself, releasing Altissima and preparing for what was to come.

Lykas could see the Swalot approaching and, in preparation, he tossed a few orbs of boiling liquid flame into the sea between himself and them. Even while Acid Armor'd, if they came into contact with the nearly invisible Will-o-Wisps, they'd be burnt and made into easier targets for him to pick off with Hex - Which he started to utilize as they emerged from the water or drew close enough that he could sense them, blasting them each in turn with a deluge of Ghost energy injected into their minds and warping them around the twisted truth of their existences.

Odd had begun to sweat by now, his focus stretched to a hair's breadth and his Guardian Halo slowly beginning to shrink by now. He sensed Kess' energy in the distance but knew he had to maintain his defenses for as long as he could manage. Cadenza, unable to continue trying to merely push the weather effects away began to fling solid blades of Dark energy from his halo via Night Slash aimed at everything from the Flares' side of the battlefield that drew near to them, attempting to keep Odd safe as much as possible.The Channeler was beginning to reach his limit and his partner knew it.

Adagaio withdrew from the front lines a bit in order to focus on her stronger attacks and began to throw large orbs of indigo flames toward the earth just off the bridge. The Inferno barrage was intended to create a massive wall of flames that wouldn't consume the bridge itself but would consume and destroy the Flares and their Pokemon crossing it. Thing continued to rush through the battlefield with Shadow Claws aimed at everything he deemed an enemy. Luckily the other Snagems all appeared to him to be defending the one he planned to slay someday and so he left them and their Pokemon be while slashing wildly at everything else.

Refrain finally laid off the Quash a bit when Adagio began to assail the area on the Nimbasa side of the bridge with her flames and began to hurl Extrasensory attacks at anything she thought it would affect, particularly any of the recently launched Croagunk, whose mental defenses were practically nil.

Fermata was beginning to grow weary from the number of shots fired already and, in an effort to continue assisting the others, he use Feather Dance, producing a cloud of softly glowing feathers around him, which he sent scattering across the field of battle with a few flaps of his wings. He just hoped the wouldn't hit the wrong individuals once they were beyond his range of influence.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 6:22 pm
Kalani not heeding what The young girl said and started to follow suitall he knew these guys were fighting to save the regions from another royal a** Hed heard the name Lysandre but never spoke to him directly and another thing he knew that team flare was involved "I'm Helping you guys weither you like it or not But don't get in my way again little girl." He spoke to ulla . " All i know is flares causing ruckus and i intend to turn them into ice red popsicles ."  

-l- JoltiBun -l-

Naughty Raider

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:09 pm
Atlantis_Darts
The Snagems down in the trenches, so to speak, were about to have more issues as the mass of Flare soldiers quickly beginning to fill the area began sending out a gang of Scrafty and Croagunk, the pugilist poison type and the hoodlum Pokemon beginning to swarm towards the Snagems battling back against the hordes. Three of the frogs leap onto Fury's back, pummeling the Normal-type with a range of Drain Punches, trying to smash every exposed area on the Kangaskhan they can. The Scrafty put in work against Gardy too, trying to help the beleaguered Inkay being put down by Synchronoise, two of them moving in unison as they attempt a Throat Chop - one way to shut up a shrieking voice.

Fury worked herself up right into her namesake as the Scrafty and Croagunk swarmed her, Drain Punch after Drain Punch sapping her of her strength in a grand hurry. It took everything she had left to swing and attack wildly, her Outrage trying to get them off. It didn't appear to be particularly effective, her attacks quickly becoming sluggish as she just couldn't muster the energy to keep going. Eventually, she'd end up in a heap on the ground as the attacks kept coming, forcing Amaranth to take matters into her own hands by running over and trying to get them off herself, if only long enough for her to recall the fallen Kangaskhan.

Or, Breeze could whip up a Shadow Storm with very little regard to anything or anyone else, attempting to deal with the Scrafty and Croagunk that way. Not exactly the sort of thing that was going to make Amaranth's day at this rate...

(Shadow Meter, Togekiss: 9/10)  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 7:14 pm
Atlantis_Darts

Darts had been off to follow Blizz until he saw Keiko fly up the cliff. The rest of the army below seemed too distracted to notice the movement, but Darts' senses go off at the same time Blizz's does, the thunder rolling ominously in the distance. But as much as he wants to turn around and go back, he waves to Blizz. "We gotta keep going." He says, as much to the others as to Blizz. "We can't go back now.... who are you again?" He asks, crossing his arms as Kalani joins the group - clearly Ulla knew them. "Whatever, we're running out of time to get this done." He points down at the guard house, far down below them. "Ten guards, each of us needs to disable at least two."

I looked back towards Darts for a second, then back in the distance where the clouds loomed. If anything, if that is Kess, then everyone back there is going to have problems. Kess wasn't one to go down easy; first hand experience on that one. It took nothing short of me, Freth, and Tristen standing by with his Lightningrod traits and even then, it wasn't without pain and a threat of Tristen literally losing his head to Kess's blade, and the fight lasted for pretty much the entire time we were on Mossdeep. She is virtually a juggernaut and knowing she was there was unsettling. I sighed hard then rushed off towards the guard post on Darts's command. I'll bulldoze that whole blasted house with a winter's fury by myself if I had to. I dove towards one of the guards and ambushes him right from above, potentially crushing him with my dynamic entry, following that up with rattling off a couple of ice beam shots towards the nearest guard. Call me either angry or anxious, either way, we couldn't stay here any longer than we had to.

Atlantis_Darts
Mamoswine was rampaging through the trenches but it was also a really big target. Another roar of cannons announces one more incoming artillery strike from the few tanks still not across the bridge, every single one of the shells aimed at the hairy porcine's broadside. Freth was going to need to pull something to avoid ending up with a Pokemon more bacon than companion.

"MAMMOO!" The Mamoswine roared out as the two of them started to get bombarded.

"AAA! Mamoswine! Return!" Freth quickly shouted, recalling the massive beast back to the Pokeball. With Kess behind her and artillery in front of her, she was left in a massive delimma as to how to remedy such a thing. She couldn't fight here and be left to get blasted, she needed to get in there. Somehow. Quickly with agility, she started full speed ahead towards the artillery. Closer she was, the less likely they were going to use them on her and if they were distracted on her when she's in everyone's face, the less likely they'll be firing at the Snagems. She needed to break up the formation, at least temporarily, somehow otherwise no one is going to live long in this mess, let alone allow the rail gun to do its thing...provided Kess doesn't screw that up in the meantime.  

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

PostPosted: Mon Jun 18, 2018 8:21 pm
Aile's eyes would narrow like she had winced, Kess' words actually cutting her a bit. Before she responded, she'd move her head out of the way, not wanting to test any potential resistances she might have obtained from becoming a ground channeller just yet, at least with her head. "Tch. I didn't care what colors I wore in the past, why the hell would I care now," she quipped, though there didn't seem to be too much heart in it.

"Goon!" Tatooine would cry out for her trainer, thankful that she hasn't been hurt yet. She was chomping at the bit practically to go out there and join her trainer, but she wouldn't get that call yet.

"Tati, hold position! Considering her intentions upon arriving," Aile told her, trailing off as she turned back to face Kess. The woman took a deep breath to try and get her head back into the game and shake off Kess' words. It didn't really work for her, but hey, she tried. Instead, she'd charge forward and try to knee Kess in the gut, throwing the larger staff end in at the same time for an enhanced effect hopefully. "You want me to go first with a real reason, then?"  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:25 am
Espeon_Commander
Aile's eyes would narrow like she had winced, Kess' words actually cutting her a bit. Before she responded, she'd move her head out of the way, not wanting to test any potential resistances she might have obtained from becoming a ground channeller just yet, at least with her head. "Tch. I didn't care what colors I wore in the past, why the hell would I care now," she quipped, though there didn't seem to be too much heart in it.

"Goon!" Tatooine would cry out for her trainer, thankful that she hasn't been hurt yet. She was chomping at the bit practically to go out there and join her trainer, but she wouldn't get that call yet.

"Tati, hold position! Considering her intentions upon arriving," Aile told her, trailing off as she turned back to face Kess. The woman took a deep breath to try and get her head back into the game and shake off Kess' words. It didn't really work for her, but hey, she tried. Instead, she'd charge forward and try to knee Kess in the gut, throwing the larger staff end in at the same time for an enhanced effect hopefully. "You want me to go first with a real reason, then?"
Not a Noise
The Idealist Pokemon fell silent, contemplating her words while her hair on her body rose, the sparks continuing to dance across her skin.

Not too much longer now...she could do this. They could all do this.

"A real reason for what?" Kess sneers, blocking her knee and her staff with the electric blade, no doubt with shocking results. She feints towards Aile's shoulder before plunging in towards the machine Surge is kneeling near with a swift thrust, aiming to go through his chest and into the machine behind him with deadly intentions. The gauges climb higher and higher as the storm swirling above them coalesces into one single entity, releasing a mighty thunderclap that echoes above both armies.

Rhyme would feel herself move into a kind of synchronous feedback loop with the wheel and the other Electric Pokemon around her, transcending her normal level of consciousness. Up above her the storm whirled... but to her now-heightened level of senses the Storm was within arms reach for her. All that ambient electricity.... just needing to be connected to the cycle below it.

Cecile Silverstone

At the perfect timing, Riolu and Ulla ran out of there hiding spot and then took one grunt on each. Riolu was able to subdue the Flare grunt easily as he did the same move of what he did to Kalani; grab the grunt by the collar and push him down with his weight. But this time, he followed through and knocked the guy out as he punched him straight across the chin. Ulla on the other hand, was having a bit of trouble. The guy she was trying to take down was able to stop her from putting her weight on him so he wouldn't fall down. Instead, he caught her as she was trying to get out of his grip. "Riolu Iron Tail." She said quietly not to alert any of the other guards. Riolu nodded as he quickly jumped up to the mans height and whipped his tail around to smack him right in the face. He fell down as Ulla quickly jumped down. She sighed of relief softly and gave Riolu a thumbs up. They then drag the Flare's bodies over to some bushes where they couldn't be seen.
Kuneeden
Kalani not heeding what The young girl said and started to follow suitall he knew these guys were fighting to save the regions from another royal a** Hed heard the name Lysandre but never spoke to him directly and another thing he knew that team flare was involved "I'm Helping you guys weither you like it or not But don't get in my way again little girl." He spoke to ulla . " All i know is flares causing ruckus and i intend to turn them into ice red popsicles ."
Requiem of Whyspers
Wren ignored Darts' snide comment aside from a simple retort. "I can't stand shoes." Was all he said, continuing to climb, his callused feet making swift work of it. While it was exhausting making this climb with only his own power to go on, he ended up proving himself plenty capable of it by the time he reached the top. When Darts announced the number of people, he gave a momentary consideration for how to do it and then recalled a had a partner that should be able to make it simple enough if he could get the drop on them. Altissima's Sleep Powder might not be the most effective method of taking out a knowing foe, it was very effective at dealing with one that wasn't aware of their presence. "I think I can manage that." And then the smell of ozone began to reach his nose. The electrical energy near the ferris wheel had risen so far that the ionized oxygen in the air was beginning to form entirely new bonds, the smell of which had reached all the way to the cliffside where the group now stood. "Something's going on over there, isn't it?" He asked, suddenly feeling incredibly anxious when he looked in that direction. He couldn't see it but he could certainly feel something was off. Like there was danger there that wasn't supposed to be. "I can't worry about that, though. I have a job to do here and in a hurry." He reminded himself, releasing Altissima and preparing for what was to come.
Blizzard120
I looked back towards Darts for a second, then back in the distance where the clouds loomed. If anything, if that is Kess, then everyone back there is going to have problems. Kess wasn't one to go down easy; first hand experience on that one. It took nothing short of me, Freth, and Tristen standing by with his Lightningrod traits and even then, it wasn't without pain and a threat of Tristen literally losing his head to Kess's blade, and the fight lasted for pretty much the entire time we were on Mossdeep. She is virtually a juggernaut and knowing she was there was unsettling. I sighed hard then rushed off towards the guard post on Darts's command. I'll bulldoze that whole blasted house with a winter's fury by myself if I had to. I dove towards one of the guards and ambushes him right from above, potentially crushing him with my dynamic entry, following that up with rattling off a couple of ice beam shots towards the nearest guard. Call me either angry or anxious, either way, we couldn't stay here any longer than we had to.

Darts for his part grabs Wren by the back of his shirt, following Blizz on the way down. His wings extend from his jacket, slowing their descent to decidedly not fatal levels as they skim over the tops of the buildings before landing face to face with four guards. How convenient. Darts lets a flare of Outrage pass through his muscles as he sidesteps a punch easily, knocking one of the Grunts down and out with a straight right hook. The second guard in his responsibility leaps on the Giratina hybrid's back, causing the gambler to let out a curse as he stumbles around, trying to get a grip on the red-clad man.
The other two turn toward Wren expectantly.

As far as Blizz and Ulla's attacks go, both proceed completely as expected, the shocked Flare soldiers crumpling to the ground as the control room looms before them both. Riolu's Aura sense would probably pick up two more energy signatures, coming from inside the room itself. They had almost made it, but their time was running rather short...

Requiem of Whyspers

Lykas could see the Swalot approaching and, in preparation, he tossed a few orbs of boiling liquid flame into the sea between himself and them. Even while Acid Armor'd, if they came into contact with the nearly invisible Will-o-Wisps, they'd be burnt and made into easier targets for him to pick off with Hex - Which he started to utilize as they emerged from the water or drew close enough that he could sense them, blasting them each in turn with a deluge of Ghost energy injected into their minds and warping them around the twisted truth of their existences.

Odd had begun to sweat by now, his focus stretched to a hair's breadth and his Guardian Halo slowly beginning to shrink by now. He sensed Kess' energy in the distance but knew he had to maintain his defenses for as long as he could manage. Cadenza, unable to continue trying to merely push the weather effects away began to fling solid blades of Dark energy from his halo via Night Slash aimed at everything from the Flares' side of the battlefield that drew near to them, attempting to keep Odd safe as much as possible.The Channeler was beginning to reach his limit and his partner knew it.

Adagaio withdrew from the front lines a bit in order to focus on her stronger attacks and began to throw large orbs of indigo flames toward the earth just off the bridge. The Inferno barrage was intended to create a massive wall of flames that wouldn't consume the bridge itself but would consume and destroy the Flares and their Pokemon crossing it. Thing continued to rush through the battlefield with Shadow Claws aimed at everything he deemed an enemy. Luckily the other Snagems all appeared to him to be defending the one he planned to slay someday and so he left them and their Pokemon be while slashing wildly at everything else.

Refrain finally laid off the Quash a bit when Adagio began to assail the area on the Nimbasa side of the bridge with her flames and began to hurl Extrasensory attacks at anything she thought it would affect, particularly any of the recently launched Croagunk, whose mental defenses were practically nil.

Fermata was beginning to grow weary from the number of shots fired already and, in an effort to continue assisting the others, he use Feather Dance, producing a cloud of softly glowing feathers around him, which he sent scattering across the field of battle with a few flaps of his wings. He just hoped the wouldn't hit the wrong individuals once they were beyond his range of influence.
Darksol88

Fury worked herself up right into her namesake as the Scrafty and Croagunk swarmed her, Drain Punch after Drain Punch sapping her of her strength in a grand hurry. It took everything she had left to swing and attack wildly, her Outrage trying to get them off. It didn't appear to be particularly effective, her attacks quickly becoming sluggish as she just couldn't muster the energy to keep going. Eventually, she'd end up in a heap on the ground as the attacks kept coming, forcing Amaranth to take matters into her own hands by running over and trying to get them off herself, if only long enough for her to recall the fallen Kangaskhan.

Or, Breeze could whip up a Shadow Storm with very little regard to anything or anyone else, attempting to deal with the Scrafty and Croagunk that way. Not exactly the sort of thing that was going to make Amaranth's day at this rate...

(Shadow Meter, Togekiss: 9/10)
Blizzard120

"MAMMOO!" The Mamoswine roared out as the two of them started to get bombarded.

"AAA! Mamoswine! Return!" Freth quickly shouted, recalling the massive beast back to the Pokeball. With Kess behind her and artillery in front of her, she was left in a massive delimma as to how to remedy such a thing. She couldn't fight here and be left to get blasted, she needed to get in there. Somehow. Quickly with agility, she started full speed ahead towards the artillery. Closer she was, the less likely they were going to use them on her and if they were distracted on her when she's in everyone's face, the less likely they'll be firing at the Snagems. She needed to break up the formation, at least temporarily, somehow otherwise no one is going to live long in this mess, let alone allow the rail gun to do its thing...provided Kess doesn't screw that up in the meantime.

The Hexes blast away at the slowly revealed Swalot, felling the Poisonous slimes left and right as they try to crawl out of the river and assault Lykas. Despite their best attempts none of them manage to reach him, giving Lykas plenty of room to rejoin the main fighting force as he battles his way backwards.

The Croagunk give up on pummeling the fallen Kangaskhan as they get scooped up in the Shadow Storm, necrotic energy sweeping over them and out of the trenches en masse. The flow of Grunts desperately hurling themselves at the front lines seems to have slowed down on the other side of the Sandstorm... until the first of the red tanks crashes through the front lines, smashing through the Reflects and Light Screens to level its heavy-caliber cannon right at Odd's face, a few feet away from where Freth was standing. The Guardian Halo might be enough to protect him in his weakened state. The chamber hums as another enormous cannon shot gets loaded into the barrel, just an instant before firing. Maybe.

Arkelos

"Alakazam, we can't ignore the oath of our previous order. We must help." Arkelos thoughts focus toward the sounds of panic across the water. "We have to go back briefly."

Alakazam teleports them back to the heart of the chaos, "We must be quick, break gravity!" Alakazam uses Gravity, Greatly slowing the fall of the building and surrounding destruction. "Now, Furfrou use helping hand! Boost up Alakazam; Houndour, Riolu, Rescue the child quickly! Poochyena, clear the area! Do not attack the people, get them to safety!"

Alakazam was almost frozen with focus, Furfrou appeared and started using helping hand to boost up Alakazam. Riolu and Houndour jumped from rubble to rubble, while using the effects of gravity and agility they could run faster and lighter; toward the little girl. Riolu places the girl onto Poochyena's back, and the three dashed for safety. Clearing the rubble, as the ground beings to buckle. "We are running out of time; just a little longer you two." He said to Alakazam and furfrou. "We have less than 30 seconds to finish this!" At 20 seconds Poochyena and Riolu meet up with Arkelos. Looking over the girl for any major injuries. "We have 15 Seconds to move out! Alakazam Great work! You too Furfrou!" Picking up the little girl Arkelos runs for it. After recalling all his pokemon the two make for the safety zone outline by Poochyena.

Arkelos passes a near by alley, and stops. Mentally everything stops, as he stares into the black abyss of the alley. Growlithe come barreling out in a ball of fire clearing away any bricks or stones falling. The flames reascend, "GROWLITHE! RUN! We have 5 seconds left!" The three are running as the shadow of building begins to catch up. Arkelos began to count down, "4- 3- 2-- 1----" The the ground collapses into itself. The effects of the earthquake has calmed down. "Here you go." Arkelos said with a wink. "Well, i'll accept my punishment later, for now i need to get back to the goal before the bridge is destroyed.

Arkelos reaches for Alakazam. "We're much to tired for a teleport now." Growlithe pulls on Arkelos' pants, leading him towards a manhole that was not damaged. "Found a way for us huh? Thank you buddy." Climbing into the manhole, Arkelos makes for the water's edge.

Arkelos' rescue heroics go off without a hitch, the masterfully executed plan working well enough to get the girl out with minimal damage. "Th-thank you..." She manages to stammer, giving him a quick hug before taking off in the direction of the docks and the rescue boats.

Reno seemed to be left out of the original escape plan, however. There was still a sweet set of psychic skate-able debris collapsing into the sewers around him, but another few seconds and the rubble of the destroyed building was going to get a revenge rematch.  

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

Requiem of Whyspers

Fashionable Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 11:50 am
When Darts grabbed Wren and started down toward the control house for the bridge, the Grass Channeler held tightly to Altissima. When they landed, he rolled once before tossing Altissima into the air. "Sleep Powder!" The little narcotic factory "sneezed" in the faces of the Flares in front of her, the powdery drug produced within her body spraying them directly and leaving them unconscious in no time at all. "I'm gonna have to learn to package that someday..." The Channeler said to himself as he watched the pair of Flares collapse into a pile on the floor, snoozing away without a care.

Lykas found himself, quickly enough, able to start making his way toward the beach where the others were. "Mykel!" He exclaimed as he tossed out the Psychic-type's ball. "Mega Evolve and use Hyper Beam on that tank!" He ordered, sharing his energy with the Gardevoir. The crystalline shell of energy rapidly swallowed up the Pokemon and shattered, a pink-tinted Hyper Beam blasting straight toward the tank aiming at Odd. Hopefully the attack would be able to pierce it thanks to the power boost from Pixilate.

Odd, meanwhile, was now pouring sweat and his Guardian Halo was fading faster by the second. With so much going on and requiring Cadenza to break his own focus to help protect Odd, their joint effort was wearing off and the strain was too much for the Channeler to maintain a shield of the previous size. With so much energy spent already, he'd be lucky to maintain one big enough for a single person for at least a few minutes while he recovered a bit of energy.

~Sterling!~ Cadenza exclaimed, levitating higher and using Telekinesis to grab the Channeler. Yanking him into the air in an effort to get him away from the incoming blast from the tank aiming at him, Cadenza only hoped that between his own efforts and those of anyone else that Odd might actually survive this.

Seeing what was happening, Adagio fired an Inferno at the tank in an effort to super heat the thing and possibly boil the driver within. Thing Rushed back and used Embargo on the tank's barrel, winding a hellish chain around it and trying to prevent the shell within from functioning. Refrain aimed her leaf fan at the tank and unleashed a Charge Beam at it, hoping to overload it's electronic controls. Whether any of these things would work was anyone guess but Odd's Pokemon were doing their best to protect their trainer.

Back with Aile and Lt. Surge, Celesta could see the Zapdos hybrid fighting with the girl and trying to hurt the old soldier. Jumping out of her seat, she rushed the hybrid with Play Rough, attempting to throw her off. The tiny Mimikyu's electrical strength was minimal compared to the true Electric-types anyway so she figured her contribution wouldn't be enough to make a large negative impact there. Maybe she could do more good by helping to fight?  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 12:18 pm
Reno would snap back to attention as he attempted to reach the girl, soon seeing that Arkelos had come out of his hidey hole to begin contributing to the rescue effort. Turning away from there as he made sure that Arkelos had actually succeeded at his particular heroics, Reno saw that his path out was now particularly tricky. He would need to be the most skilled and acrobatic skater in the world in order to traverse his way across this particular way. Thankfully, just such a specimen of the human race was going to attempt this course. Taking off quickly towards a piece of solid street that had sunk down close to his level, Reno would plant his hand on the wall and pivot around his hand as he performed a 360 and took off across the solid piece. Nearing the edge of the rubble, he leaped from it to a fallen light pole that he kicked off of towards a another pole that was lying relatively flat. Grinding across the pole, he could see the end of the pole was a good dozen feet short of actual street level. Pressing down harder with his legs, Reno would pounce as he reached the end, a pop of force and energy erupting from the skates that sent him into a triple front flip that he successfully landed before continuing to take off down the streets, bouncing between the walls and street to maintain his momentum.

While he would not be able to contribute to any other bits of fighting, he was locked on to where Kess had landed. Unless someone else needed help, he was going to be arriving quickly.  

Reno Vantas
Vice Captain

Magnetic Hunter

6,975 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Cart Raider 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Cecile Silverstone

PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 1:54 pm
User Image
||Ulla Hanabi||

Riolu was about to approach the stranger named Kalani as he couldn't stand his attitude towards Ulla, he wanted to bash his head in so hard. Ulla stopped him as she watched the others proceed with the mission. She should be surprised by this, but hanging around Channlers and Hybrids, she had to expect these things to happen by now. "Riolu focus. How many are left?" Riolu closed his eyes and focused on the building. He signaled that there was only two. She nodded as both of them proceeded to enter.

As they entered the building, they closed the door very quietly. They saw the two grunts on the control panel. If any were to listen in, they were would a lot of movement until it went dead silent. If any were to enter, they would see Riolu stuffing the unconscious grunts in a closet while Ulla was on the control panel. She had a cut on her cheek that dripped a few drops of blood. "Mission complete. Now all I have to do is mess with a few things then we can get that bridge up. A little late to the party. But. It's something." She said to Riolu as she started pushing on a few buttons on the keyboard. She then pulled a lever towards to the side to have the drawbridge raised. Everyone would soon see the drawbridge being raised. Riolu watched the drawbridge but was more focused on the unpleasant aura he was getting on the other side of the bridge.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 2:50 pm
I watched the fighting for a while, wordlessly; trying to find some point in the fighting I could take advantage up while Kefka and Luna focused on keeping the Reflect/Light Screen wall up. When I saw the tanks, though, I stood up. I'd run from them once before, and I wasn't about to repeat that mistake. I let Haku out of his ball, the Komm-o roaring with glee at the promise of battle. "Haku, use Draco Meteor on one of those tanks out there," I yelled past all the fighting.

Haku stood still, gathering an immense amount of Dragon-type energy into a large orb before chucking the thing at a nearby tank with the intention of taking it out.

~*~

Keiko followed behind the group quietly as they walked around, using Natalia to get off the cliff when Darts practically jumped off. When two of the guards focused on Wren, though, Keiko stepped up, letting her Heracross out of her ball. She didn't actually attack yet, she just wanted to make sure the grunts knew that she wasn't going to let them gang up on Wren. This proved pointless, however, when Wren used Sleep Powder on the grunts, knocking them flat out. "Is everyone okay?" Keiko asked, putting Hera back in her ball.  

TerashiLeonGoken

Eloquent Guildsman

9,325 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Signature Look 250
  • Elocutionist 200

Blizzard120

Aged Detective

1,425 Points
  • Frozen Sleuth 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 5:47 pm
Atlantis_Darts
Darts for his part grabs Wren by the back of his shirt, following Blizz on the way down. His wings extend from his jacket, slowing their descent to decidedly not fatal levels as they skim over the tops of the buildings before landing face to face with four guards. How convenient. Darts lets a flare of Outrage pass through his muscles as he sidesteps a punch easily, knocking one of the Grunts down and out with a straight right hook. The second guard in his responsibility leaps on the Giratina hybrid's back, causing the gambler to let out a curse as he stumbles around, trying to get a grip on the red-clad man.
The other two turn toward Wren expectantly.

As far as Blizz and Ulla's attacks go, both proceed completely as expected, the shocked Flare soldiers crumpling to the ground as the control room looms before them both. Riolu's Aura sense would probably pick up two more energy signatures, coming from inside the room itself. They had almost made it, but their time was running rather short...

With the grunts dispatched on the ground the coast generally clear, I looked towards the door and made my way inside seeing Ulla already cleaned up...of sorts...in here. I then perked up and looked back towards the bridge, seeing it finally raise and subsequently cut things off. "Alright, seems like mission complete here. Let's wreck this thing and make sure no one comes back around and lowers it for Flare again." I said. "Darts! Quit screwing around up there! We got to move!" I then called out to the roof where Wren and Darts were at.

Atlantis_Darts
The Hexes blast away at the slowly revealed Swalot, felling the Poisonous slimes left and right as they try to crawl out of the river and assault Lykas. Despite their best attempts none of them manage to reach him, giving Lykas plenty of room to rejoin the main fighting force as he battles his way backwards.

The Croagunk give up on pummeling the fallen Kangaskhan as they get scooped up in the Shadow Storm, necrotic energy sweeping over them and out of the trenches en masse. The flow of Grunts desperately hurling themselves at the front lines seems to have slowed down on the other side of the Sandstorm... until the first of the red tanks crashes through the front lines, smashing through the Reflects and Light Screens to level its heavy-caliber cannon right at Odd's face, a few feet away from where Freth was standing. The Guardian Halo might be enough to protect him in his weakened state. The chamber hums as another enormous cannon shot gets loaded into the barrel, just an instant before firing. Maybe.

Freth approached one of the cannons at a rapid pace with her Agility, rushing just past the oncoming ones then skidded to a stop. She quickly turned around to face the rear of the tanks and took out a Pokeball. "Go! Walrien!" she shouted. In a flash of light, out came the Walrien, ready for battle. One thing at the very least Freth could attest to. These things can't be amphibious. "Walrien! Surf!" Freth shouted.

"WALLLL!!!" The Walrien started to summon a powerful tidal wave. If she could bring one of these tanks off course, it might cause a traffic jam of sorts and slow the assault. Freth then looked back...noticing the bridge vibrating under her feet...and that wasn't the tanks or her own Pokemon. She looked back, taking note to the bridge starting to lift up and separate. "...looks like they got their end done."  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 19, 2018 7:56 pm
Her resistances would most certainly be tested now, and Aile was most certainly not immune to the electricity as she grabbed her knee while recoiling. "Gah! Dammit...." Aile would be favoring her knee as Kess came in for her feint, not reacting quickly enough to intercept the hybrid. Thankfully, Aile had told Tatooine to hold her position, and finally she was able to go on the attack. The dragon flew straight at Kess and swung at her with a glowing royal blue tail, trying to use Dragon Tail to slam the electric bird woman away.

"Goooooon!" Tatooine would dart forward again, this time letting her altitude drop suddenly to flop down on the hybrid, hopefully keeping her in place.

"The question," Aile would finally reply, working her knee a bit as it started to recover again, "was why are you here, in a war that's supposed to be unrelated to Cipher. And how comfortable are you with murdering someone for that whackjob's cause?" Her free hand would be in one of the pockets of her bomber jacket, waiting for Kess' next move and contemplating bringing out someone she didn't want to resort to. "You seem to be the type to actually contemplate on what you do at least."  

Espeon_Commander

Crew

Universal Explorer

Darksol88
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 2:27 am
Atlantis_Darts

With the protective measures starting to falter, if not being outright demolished, Granite tried not to panic only to fail spectacularly and panic a lot. Scrambling to reach Odd, the Carbink tried to get in front of the tank before him and Harden, though such a small Pokemon against anything even remotely military-grade might be closer to an Ekans asking not to be run over by a speeding semi truck.

Amaranth herself would be left to recall her Kangaskhan, hoping to keep her from being infected thanks to Breeze's actions. Her heart sank at the possibility that she might've been too late already, but hearing the tanks as her remaining Pokemon began to dwindle, she wondered if she should try to get Gale to return to her. As it was, the Pidgeot was still trying to scout ahead...  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:05 am
This sensation was new and unfamiliar to the Pachirisu hybrid. A while ago, a memory of a lifetime it seemed....She recalls a Zapdos, and standing on the top of a tall tower. She remembers being zapped and absorbing most of the hit, remembers waking up with RC holding her.

She channels this potential now, and the Zekrom's voice in her hand understands. [I brought you into this world for a reason--it almost feels as if you wish to take yourself out of it at times. Why?] The Pokemon asks her, the thunder clapping overhead but she doesn't feel that.

No, she feels...something different. An incomplete system, one that requires the catalyst....requires her. "Are you sure you're not a sassy nature, Zekrom?" The girl hisses out, feeling the thrum on her skin. She gets herself into place, answering the Idealist pokemon back.

"You see, Zekrom....we Snagems do what we must. Sometimes, it can be seen as bad, but we just want to balance out the world. An Ideal world...is not one side or the other: an Ideal world has its balances." She feels the energy of the other Pokemon. "Come on....guys...almost there...I can feel it..."

Mentally, she focuses her core, seeking out the lightning to connect with it, complete the chain. She had to.  

Not a Noise

Friendly Puppy

9,100 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Market Browser 100

Atlantis_Darts
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jun 21, 2018 2:48 am
Requiem of Whyspers
When Darts grabbed Wren and started down toward the control house for the bridge, the Grass Channeler held tightly to Altissima. When they landed, he rolled once before tossing Altissima into the air. "Sleep Powder!" The little narcotic factory "sneezed" in the faces of the Flares in front of her, the powdery drug produced within her body spraying them directly and leaving them unconscious in no time at all. "I'm gonna have to learn to package that someday..." The Channeler said to himself as he watched the pair of Flares collapse into a pile on the floor, snoozing away without a care.
Blizzard120

With the grunts dispatched on the ground the coast generally clear, I looked towards the door and made my way inside seeing Ulla already cleaned up...of sorts...in here. I then perked up and looked back towards the bridge, seeing it finally raise and subsequently cut things off. "Alright, seems like mission complete here. Let's wreck this thing and make sure no one comes back around and lowers it for Flare again." I said. "Darts! Quit screwing around up there! We got to move!" I then called out to the roof where Wren and Darts were at.
Cecile Silverstone

Riolu was about to approach the stranger named Kalani as he couldn't stand his attitude towards Ulla, he wanted to bash his head in so hard. Ulla stopped him as she watched the others proceed with the mission. She should be surprised by this, but hanging around Channlers and Hybrids, she had to expect these things to happen by now. "Riolu focus. How many are left?" Riolu closed his eyes and focused on the building. He signaled that there was only two. She nodded as both of them proceeded to enter.

As they entered the building, they closed the door very quietly. They saw the two grunts on the control panel. If any were to listen in, they were would a lot of movement until it went dead silent. If any were to enter, they would see Riolu stuffing the unconscious grunts in a closet while Ulla was on the control panel. She had a cut on her cheek that dripped a few drops of blood. "Mission complete. Now all I have to do is mess with a few things then we can get that bridge up. A little late to the party. But. It's something." She said to Riolu as she started pushing on a few buttons on the keyboard. She then pulled a lever towards to the side to have the drawbridge raised. Everyone would soon see the drawbridge being raised. Riolu watched the drawbridge but was more focused on the unpleasant aura he was getting on the other side of the bridge.
TerashiLeonGoken

Keiko followed behind the group quietly as they walked around, using Natalia to get off the cliff when Darts practically jumped off. When two of the guards focused on Wren, though, Keiko stepped up, letting her Heracross out of her ball. She didn't actually attack yet, she just wanted to make sure the grunts knew that she wasn't going to let them gang up on Wren. This proved pointless, however, when Wren used Sleep Powder on the grunts, knocking them flat out. "Is everyone okay?" Keiko asked, putting Hera back in her ball.
Darts wrangles the Flare grunt trying to put him in a full nelson and angles him up and over his back, slamming the guy to the ground with one gilt hand on his chest as he straightens up. "Yeah, I think we're all okay here, provided we can-" He starts to make mention of needing to find the bridge controls, only to see their newest member has already made short work of the guys inside and is raising it on her own. "Alright then... don't let me make proclamations or give orders or come up with strategies..." he grumbles. "This is why I was never a field commander... Alright guys! Let's make sure they can't raise this again!" Darts shouts to everyone, an inferno of blue Dragon energy racing across his body as he taps into Outrage again, throwing a solid punch into the controls, the metal squealing as his gilt fist impacts the control bank. Destruction never felt so good.

Blizzard120

Freth approached one of the cannons at a rapid pace with her Agility, rushing just past the oncoming ones then skidded to a stop. She quickly turned around to face the rear of the tanks and took out a Pokeball. "Go! Walrien!" she shouted. In a flash of light, out came the Walrien, ready for battle. One thing at the very least Freth could attest to. These things can't be amphibious. "Walrien! Surf!" Freth shouted.

"WALLLL!!!" The Walrien started to summon a powerful tidal wave. If she could bring one of these tanks off course, it might cause a traffic jam of sorts and slow the assault. Freth then looked back...noticing the bridge vibrating under her feet...and that wasn't the tanks or her own Pokemon. She looked back, taking note to the bridge starting to lift up and separate. "...looks like they got their end done."
Darksol88

With the protective measures starting to falter, if not being outright demolished, Granite tried not to panic only to fail spectacularly and panic a lot. Scrambling to reach Odd, the Carbink tried to get in front of the tank before him and Harden, though such a small Pokemon against anything even remotely military-grade might be closer to an Ekans asking not to be run over by a speeding semi truck.

Amaranth herself would be left to recall her Kangaskhan, hoping to keep her from being infected thanks to Breeze's actions. Her heart sank at the possibility that she might've been too late already, but hearing the tanks as her remaining Pokemon began to dwindle, she wondered if she should try to get Gale to return to her. As it was, the Pidgeot was still trying to scout ahead...
TerashiLeonGoken
I watched the fighting for a while, wordlessly; trying to find some point in the fighting I could take advantage up while Kefka and Luna focused on keeping the Reflect/Light Screen wall up. When I saw the tanks, though, I stood up. I'd run from them once before, and I wasn't about to repeat that mistake. I let Haku out of his ball, the Komm-o roaring with glee at the promise of battle. "Haku, use Draco Meteor on one of those tanks out there," I yelled past all the fighting.

Haku stood still, gathering an immense amount of Dragon-type energy into a large orb before chucking the thing at a nearby tank with the intention of taking it out.
Requiem of Whyspers

Lykas found himself, quickly enough, able to start making his way toward the beach where the others were. "Mykel!" He exclaimed as he tossed out the Psychic-type's ball. "Mega Evolve and use Hyper Beam on that tank!" He ordered, sharing his energy with the Gardevoir. The crystalline shell of energy rapidly swallowed up the Pokemon and shattered, a pink-tinted Hyper Beam blasting straight toward the tank aiming at Odd. Hopefully the attack would be able to pierce it thanks to the power boost from Pixilate.

Odd, meanwhile, was now pouring sweat and his Guardian Halo was fading faster by the second. With so much going on and requiring Cadenza to break his own focus to help protect Odd, their joint effort was wearing off and the strain was too much for the Channeler to maintain a shield of the previous size. With so much energy spent already, he'd be lucky to maintain one big enough for a single person for at least a few minutes while he recovered a bit of energy.

~Sterling!~ Cadenza exclaimed, levitating higher and using Telekinesis to grab the Channeler. Yanking him into the air in an effort to get him away from the incoming blast from the tank aiming at him, Cadenza only hoped that between his own efforts and those of anyone else that Odd might actually survive this.

Seeing what was happening, Adagio fired an Inferno at the tank in an effort to super heat the thing and possibly boil the driver within. Thing Rushed back and used Embargo on the tank's barrel, winding a hellish chain around it and trying to prevent the shell within from functioning. Refrain aimed her leaf fan at the tank and unleashed a Charge Beam at it, hoping to overload it's electronic controls. Whether any of these things would work was anyone guess but Odd's Pokemon were doing their best to protect their trainer.

The bridge comes cranking up with a creaking sound as the massive structure struggles to and then succeeds in lifting the last of Flare's tanks and troops on the bridge, their traffic jam becoming more like a traffic soup as Freth's Walrein lays waste to them with a ferocious Surf, washing them out of the rapidly inclining bridge as fast as it was raising.

That was to say nothing of the tank with its barrel up against Odd's head. Even as the next horde of retreating Flare grunts make a charge onto Snagem's defensive position, and the squadron of tanks that have managed to make it off the drawbridge rumble forwards, trying to form up and get in some kind of coherent formation, the tank nearest Odd gets cut straight through with a Pixelated Hyper Beam, overloaded from a Charge Beam, has a shell overloaded inside of its barrel from Embargo, Odd may as well have stayed where he was because the tank guts itself from the inside out - the shell detonating in its own barrel turns the business end of the weapon into so much slag to say nothing of the rest of the attacks. The tank explodes into a mass of pretty bolts and fire, ammunition detonating inside of the shell as everything catches fire. Let's just hope the guys inside ejected in time. ...yeah, let's go with that.

The tank that takes the Draco Meteor looks downright tame in comparison, even though the mass of purple stone crashes straight through the hard metallic outer shell, leaving the thing inoperable and with a nice sized crater in the front of it. There was more than a couple tanks left, and a whole battalion of Flare troops ready to keep pouring the heat on the Snagems until...

Espeon_Commander
Her resistances would most certainly be tested now, and Aile was most certainly not immune to the electricity as she grabbed her knee while recoiling. "Gah! Dammit...." Aile would be favoring her knee as Kess came in for her feint, not reacting quickly enough to intercept the hybrid. Thankfully, Aile had told Tatooine to hold her position, and finally she was able to go on the attack. The dragon flew straight at Kess and swung at her with a glowing royal blue tail, trying to use Dragon Tail to slam the electric bird woman away.

"Goooooon!" Tatooine would dart forward again, this time letting her altitude drop suddenly to flop down on the hybrid, hopefully keeping her in place.

"The question," Aile would finally reply, working her knee a bit as it started to recover again, "was why are you here, in a war that's supposed to be unrelated to Cipher. And how comfortable are you with murdering someone for that whackjob's cause?" Her free hand would be in one of the pockets of her bomber jacket, waiting for Kess' next move and contemplating bringing out someone she didn't want to resort to. "You seem to be the type to actually contemplate on what you do at least."
Requiem of Whyspers

Back with Aile and Lt. Surge, Celesta could see the Zapdos hybrid fighting with the girl and trying to hurt the old soldier. Jumping out of her seat, she rushed the hybrid with Play Rough, attempting to throw her off. The tiny Mimikyu's electrical strength was minimal compared to the true Electric-types anyway so she figured her contribution wouldn't be enough to make a large negative impact there. Maybe she could do more good by helping to fight?
Reno Vantas
Reno would snap back to attention as he attempted to reach the girl, soon seeing that Arkelos had come out of his hidey hole to begin contributing to the rescue effort. Turning away from there as he made sure that Arkelos had actually succeeded at his particular heroics, Reno saw that his path out was now particularly tricky. He would need to be the most skilled and acrobatic skater in the world in order to traverse his way across this particular way. Thankfully, just such a specimen of the human race was going to attempt this course. Taking off quickly towards a piece of solid street that had sunk down close to his level, Reno would plant his hand on the wall and pivot around his hand as he performed a 360 and took off across the solid piece. Nearing the edge of the rubble, he leaped from it to a fallen light pole that he kicked off of towards a another pole that was lying relatively flat. Grinding across the pole, he could see the end of the pole was a good dozen feet short of actual street level. Pressing down harder with his legs, Reno would pounce as he reached the end, a pop of force and energy erupting from the skates that sent him into a triple front flip that he successfully landed before continuing to take off down the streets, bouncing between the walls and street to maintain his momentum.

While he would not be able to contribute to any other bits of fighting, he was locked on to where Kess had landed. Unless someone else needed help, he was going to be arriving quickly.

Kess hisses angrily at being batted away by the Flygon, blurring slightly as her Agility kicks in, dodging the Dragon and the incoming Mimikyu with incredible speed and dexterity before lunging in at Aile, burying her beak into the woman's collarbone with a wicked 'schlk' of bone on flesh as she Drill Pecks her up against the ferris wheel. The wound was probably not fatal, but... surely it could have been. Was there more to the Zapdos hybrid than met the eye? Kess looks down at the surely bleeding Aile, fury in her eyes as she levels her sword, raising it skyward above her bloodied beak. "You all have learned nothing, haven't you? Despite my best efforts... well, no matter. Entertaining your line of questioning is surely the fastest route to trouble." Lightning crackles along every inch of the hybrid's body, as she begins to reach up into the sky to call down her massive Thunder. "You asked if I was willing to kill for a war that wasn't for me, for some 'whackjob'." Her eyes cloud as energy streams from every inch of her. "I have already had to. What difference would it make if I turned back now?" She asks, ready for the energy from the sky to aid her. Problem was, someone had gotten to it first.

Not a Noise
This sensation was new and unfamiliar to the Pachirisu hybrid. A while ago, a memory of a lifetime it seemed....She recalls a Zapdos, and standing on the top of a tall tower. She remembers being zapped and absorbing most of the hit, remembers waking up with RC holding her.

She channels this potential now, and the Zekrom's voice in her hand understands. [I brought you into this world for a reason--it almost feels as if you wish to take yourself out of it at times. Why?] The Pokemon asks her, the thunder clapping overhead but she doesn't feel that.

No, she feels...something different. An incomplete system, one that requires the catalyst....requires her. "Are you sure you're not a sassy nature, Zekrom?" The girl hisses out, feeling the thrum on her skin. She gets herself into place, answering the Idealist pokemon back.

"You see, Zekrom....we Snagems do what we must. Sometimes, it can be seen as bad, but we just want to balance out the world. An Ideal world...is not one side or the other: an Ideal world has its balances." She feels the energy of the other Pokemon. "Come on....guys...almost there...I can feel it..."

Mentally, she focuses her core, seeking out the lightning to connect with it, complete the chain. She had to.

KRAKAKOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOM!!!

A bolt of lightning seeming like it was thrown from Thundurus himself impales the ferris wheel, lighting up the entire area with a brilliant flare of blinding white light. Energy spits and crackles off of every single metallic piece in the area, worn or otherwise, and Kess' lightning blade flares to claymore size in response to the pure electric presence. The wheel's lights all crackle with brilliance, lighting up like the purest essence of the carnival it was supposed to represent before they all explode into shards of jagged glass, every single lightbulb and window exploding outwards from the magnitude of the thunderbolt.

"Contact!" Surge screams, yanking down on the lever on his machine.

KA-POW!

A second boom, dwarfed in significance to the last one but still immeasurably loud announces the first ever firing of the Lightning American's propped up rail gun. And to the surprise of Surge, most scientists, and probably a few Snagems, it fires beautifully. Charging the very essence of the storm into itself it warps the lightning up and around the ferris wheel before disgorging a brilliant blue javelin of electromagnetic energy right into the heart of the demoralized Flare army, arcing out over the heads of the Snagems fighting down in the trenches like a massive deity's arm come to deliver the Flares to ruin. They could try to run but.... they'd probably need a bridge to do that, right? The Flare army was literally between a bridge and... destruction.  
Team Mission Archive

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff