Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Disney & Harry Potter Touching] Do You Believe In Magic? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 5:06 am
The sands were warm. Taibbi remembered that from the last hatching, but now, without the dizzying giddiness and confusion of a hatching, she was a lot more aware of it as she bowed, waited, and then began to walk gingerly across the heated grains toward Rhianth's clutch. Like many candidates, she had not been able to resist the lure of stealing peeks at the eggs as they matured, and she had been unspeakably curious about the dragon inside the rainbow colored egg as soon as she saw it. Thus, it was to that egg she made her way first.

She moved at a measured pace, her eyes frequently flicking toward the broody queen who seemed less than pleased to have candidates on the sands or near the eggs. Four other candidates that she'd seen were also making their way in that direction, and she slowed her pace even more to see where they went. Amazingly, all three went to the egg she'd been meaning to touch, which didn't really have much of an effect on her feelings one way or the other. She was doing her best to project hopeful, loving feelings, and worrying that she was doing terribly at it.

By the time she finally laid one hand on the rainbow surface of the Felix Felicis Egg, Taibbi had more or less managed to get some hopeful, cheering thoughts into her head, and that would have to be enough, because she hadn't the faintest idea how to push those thoughts toward the egg.

You seem pretty popular, she thought with a smile, recalling that she was the fifth candidate to touch this egg. I bet you and yours will never lack for friends. If I'm not the one who's right for you, I hope maybe I'll get to know you a little anyway.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:06 am
Dynzrak

He could almost feel the egg's slight disdain. It wasn't outright refusal, no, but... Dynzrak feor a flicker of surprise, but tamped it down before it could become anything more. Not anything special? No. He was becoming so much better than he ever was... and maybe the egg would see that, too. But he was certainly content to admire it for now. What wasn't to appreciate about a strong-minded individual that knew what it wanted? Slytherin was undoubtedly bound for greatness. Maybe Dynzrak was meant to find another to claim his own share.

--

Dehka

Ah! The boy quickly sent a wave of confidence towards the egg. He knew a lot of people could be intimidating, but there was nothing for the little one to worry about! Dehka knew it was going to be a wonderful dragon, no matter what. He let his hand slip from the shell, his own confidence restored. He did glance at Fianth and her suitors though, offering another quick, grateful bow. He'd never been so close to a queen before... and though he knew a dragon would never kill a human, the blood staining her muzzle made her look fearsome, indeed. Another large egg caught his eye, and Dehka slowly pressed his palm against the Make a Man Out of You egg, offering a greeting.

--

Phryana

The woman inhaled sharply for a moment, completely taken aback by the almost intimate sensation. The dragon knew her, easily seeing past her masks as though they were little more than flimsy bits of paper. And yet, the young one hadn't rough in the slightest, seeming to investigate rather than take what it wanted. She composed herself after a beat, her lips unconsciously curling into a faint smile. This was nothing she could have prepared for, but she would not be daunted. Fierce? Oh yes, she could be. And what of the Amortentia egg? Phryana bet that it could just as fierce, if it so desired.

--

Iathe

For a moment, she wondered if she had been too direct, but the following thought pattern was enough to make her shake her head to herseld. Not as important? Iathe disagreed. They were all important. But... it was very kind of the egg to think of its siblings before itself. Iathe caressed the Hufflepuff egg thoughtfully. It wanted to help its clutchsibs, then? Well. Iathe would make sure to visit them, too. But there was something to be said for a young, generous heart that appealed to her. The egg shouldn't count itself out.

--

Lauthisen

Well, he could certainly agree with the egg on that point. The young man would have been content to linger... but the egg might have use for him? He wasn't sure how he felt about that. He let his hand slide away after sending a small flicker of gratitude for the dragon tolerating his presence. He made his way to the Auror egg... and, as he touched the grey shell, found himself nodding in greeting to a girl he'd recognized from that island...

Meepfur
oh hullo

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:09 am
The starry egg’s compassionate thoughts were soft and sweet, prompting Karone turn turn his hand and affectionately brush his knuckles across the warm shell in lieu of an actual embrace which might be frowned upon. Thank you, little one. You’ve been a big help. I’ll be all right. I may not be as content as I should be, but I know where I’m going, even if it takes a long time. For all his impatience, the boy reminded himself that he did still have plenty of time before he would age out. There would be many more clutches to meet in seven turns, if he found no match here. And each passing turn would only make him more determined.

He wished he could stay with the sweet little egg, but he moved on, touching a few more eggs in Fianth’s clutch before moving over to Rhianth’s clutch. He touched a couple of those before laying his hand upon the Slytherin Egg, wondering if it might be as fierce as the tunnelsnake on its green shell.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:32 am
tatterpixie

Friend Like Me Egg
Well, if Jeri wanted a nice egg, this one was all too happy to oblige~! So many things happening all around it, but this girl needed some comfort, did she? Let Friend like Me provide! What did Jeri need from it? It was sure it could provide.

magnadearel

Auror Egg
Something in this egg surged up to meet Makimton's touch, Yes! Someone was here! The egg almost rocked, seeming to zero in on something in particular, before offering a sense of peace. Touching this egg was a good idea, it seemed to say. Makimton should tell it about what's been happening.

Sweet Symmetry

Gryffindor Egg
It WAS dashing, wasn't it? Nyaranau was right to notice, look at it, and how awesome it was! This Egg, and its siblings, were the best that Nyara would find, and she should definitely keep saying so! Was Nyara the best? It wanted to know.

Nilah44

Auror Egg
This egg almost barged in to Varinia's thoughts, seeming to look around. It and its siblings would be good together, this egg was sure.of it.

Meepfur

Auror Egg
What was Talis so worried about? Had she been hurt? This egg could help her. Maybe they could work together to make it better? Sit, tell this egg about it.

Sinders Path

Gryffindor Egg
Hey now! The very first egg that Sulamol had ever touched?! Now THAT was awesome! Gryffindor was proud to be Sulamol's first egg! It was doing well, and enjoying all the excitement, and was proud that so many people seemed to recognize how awesome it and its clutchsibs were.

Tsunake

Auror Egg
Now, Lauthisen was here? The egg seemed to go rooting around, trying to figure out what this person was all about. There was so much going on, and all of these people together were great! This egg just wished it could be there to see them all!  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

Teiha

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:40 am
Lesta was surprised at the egg’s kind welcome. It seemed very genuine about it, too—another surprise to her jaded mind. She put her other palm against it and basked in its comforting presence for as long as she dared before forcing herself to move on. She longed to stay, to keep her mind on the warm pink and purple shell and the kind soul within it, but she knew that developing dragonets usually wanted all of your attention during a Touching, or none.

Beside the egg she’d been with was one that appeared to be staring at her. She didn’t particularly like that, but she wasn’t going to let herself be intimidated by it. It was only a shell with a mark that looked like an eye, not J’dan, and not Lestenna. She feared her sister’s rejection more than anything else, and was determined to make Lestenna proud. She touched the Death Eater Egg, staring directly into its apparent eye. Feel free to look back, if you like, she invited.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:10 am
After bowing to the queens, Ionan hurried onto the sands. He couldn’t believe that deadglow Tassiel had gone on ahead of him! He couldn’t believe it. He thought his brother would’ve at least spent half a candle mark worrying whether Bekah would be there or not! But eggs were more important, he knew, and Tassiel seemed to know that too.

He took a breath before putting his hand against Friend Like Me’sshell. Oh, hello, he greeted the entity within the egg. The world was so much brighter for this egg being in it! “Nice to meet you,” he said, aloud.

—-

Rhiyn surprised himself with his ability to focus on the eggs, rather than things now at the far reaches of his mind. They’d been important, and they would be again, but eggs. He wanted to Impress this time. He’d been left on the sands twice before, and he had someone to impress. That pun was intended.

He made his way to the Gryffindor Egg and set his hand on the shell. This was a handsome one, wasn’t it? “Hello,” he said, sending thoughts of welcome to the egg. “What’s your secret?”

——

Shanley didn’t see Will at first, upon bowing to the golds. She looked for him, and then seem to realize she was looking for him. She was supposed to be playing it cool, shard it. She took a breath and instead headed for the Auror Egg

“Hello, I’m Shanley.”  

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:23 am
Tokki -- Western

Well, this was interesting. Tokki honestly had not been expecting the sensation he was getting from the Forbidden Forest egg. Tilting his head, he puzzled over it in a somewhat clinical way. The goosebumps and the sharpness in his mind and the feeling of being watched reminded him of getting lost in a forest and being on edge over what may be lurking there; he wasn't afraid of it, because he knew where he was and what he was doing, but it was still disconcerting.

He focused on the pinpoint attention being paid to him by the dragonet within the egg. You're a very interesting egg. Not very friendly… I came to you because your shell reminded me of the woods around Fort Hold. I mean you no harm. I hope you mean me no harm as well.

Jeri -- HR

This was much better! Jeri smiled at the Friend Like Me egg and smoothed her hands over the bright purple shell. The feeling she was getting from the baby inside the egg was a lively good nature, and it helped push the disappointment and shock of the previous egg's behavior out of her mind. She let her thoughts return to happy and loving -- easy to do, with this egg! She really liked this egg.

"Thank you for being nice to me!" she said softly, with sincerity. "I hope you're having a good time with us!"

Willim -- HR

Willim felt the approval from the baby inside the egg wash over him, and he smiled proudly, puffing up slightly. This egg really seemed to like him! "No, I don't feel silly at all. Thank you for thinking I'm brave!" he told it, his voice low anyway even though other Candidates were talking out loud to the eggs they were touching. He was excited and pleased. Things were going really well so far!

"I have to go now, but I hope to see you when you hatch!" With one last lingering touch, he moved on through the eggs until he found one that caught his attention, an egg with what looked like cloud shapes on it. It almost looked like the sky to him. He walked over to the Nimbus 2000 egg and lightly touched the shell, focusing his attention on the baby within. "Hello there! You are a very pretty egg." He wondered what kind of dragon would be in this egg.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:24 am
Liulfr - HR Candidate

This was not Li's first hatching, and depending on luck alone... may not be his last yet. As Gr'del had so bluntly stated, his gut feeling had nothing to do with anything; this was entirely out of his hands, and the only thing to do was follow protocol as best as humanly possible and... try not to blunder. Specially true today, given the nasty, red eyed looks one of the queens was giving the candidates, and yet, it was that clutch that his eyes kept being drawn to.

His gaze returned to the man giving them instructions and only strayed his gaze when the queen's voice boomed in his head. It was clear the dragons would not accept any for of disrespect, which was, all in all, fine with the young, burly man. After all, in his own, humble opinion, one didn't just prance up to a creature that could fit you in their mouth if discontented. That seemed entirely stupid, and though he was not exactly the brightest star in the heavens when it came to studying, this did not mean he lacked a lick of common sense.

They were eventually ushered into the hatching sands, and he slowly, respectfully made his way first to Fianth, to whom he bowed at, and then, afterwards towards the still glaring Rhianth. He spoke not, for at the end of the day, he felt the parents of the clutch did not want bumbling words, only swiftness and efficiency, as they had all been trained for, and then, he made his way towards the first egg that caught his gaze. A medium sized, purple and pink egg that seemed to sparkle, even from a distance. He carefully crouched his large frame and put a hand upon the Lumos egg. The egg was fascinating, and the lovely shell patterns reminded Li of something, though what, he couldn't be sure of - not Lyall's eyes, surely. Those were brown. He'd checked. Several times. And he should stop. What secrets, if any, did the Lumos child have to offer?  

Daffupanda

Adorable Lionheart

4,575 Points
  • Married 100
  • Cool Cat 500

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:44 am
Kahbrohm

This egg didn't seem to have much to say to him, so Kahbrohm after a few more moments moved along. He wasn't going to make this egg talk to him - probably for the better if it didn't want to. So he moved on, hand moving over a pink, then a black and white egg, one that seemed to be looking at everybody, and then....

it came to rest on Lumos. What sort of things did one think to an egg? They were told to think warm and kind thoughts, but it wasn't exactly his specialty to just do so when he knew nothing about a stranger. Hmm.

-----

Kinyegele

Oh! Kinye brightened considerably at the cheer offered up by the pink egg, and she was more than ready to dump all of the love she had in her body back into it. Oh! Whoever was in here was going to be a great dragon and she was so excited for them! She remained long enough to let Baby Mine know of such affectionate thoughts before moving on.

Someday My Prince Will Come was nearby, after all, and Kinye greeted it with similarly warm affection. Oh! It was perhaps an amusing match to see, given Kinye had started feeling her heart flutter after certain others for the first time in her young life even without the help of this baby. What are you thinking about? I'd love to hear about it!

----

Juhvek

Yes, friend. Juhvek confirmed to the little baby, all warmth and kindness as he left his darker humor and more nebulous oddity off to the wayside for a moment. It was good to let the mood settle for a moment before he too moved on.

You'll Be In My Heart was nearby, after all, and Juhvek gave it another gentle rub with his palm. So many people for you to meet here. What are you looking forward to seeing the most, friend?

----

Fahn

....Oh. Fahn didn't quite falter when Dementor pushed her away, but she knew better than to try and force it to think otherwise of her. She kept her palm there for only a moment longer, feeding warmth and hopefully energy into the egg before she moved on.

There was no luck worth pushing here.

Instead, she made the easy movement over to Gryffindor, forcing herself to perk right back up to her normal, happy, energetic self. Hello! You're very popular! That's good! That's great!  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:45 am
Talis

Talis took a deep breath as the egg's occupant looked her over in its own way. Letting someone in - directly in without walls or filters - was a disconcerting experience, but she didn't object or shy away. She stayed calm and stood firmly, and offered no resistance - whatever the Auror Egg wanted to see, she wouldn't object. Just as long as it wasn't bothered; they were supposed to be positive, after all, and many of Talis' memories and experiences were anything but.

But since it didn't seem disturbed, thus far, only concerned for her wellbeing, she saw no harm in answering its questions. Not worried, she answered, Just remembering. The mines had only comprised a turn of her life, but it had been a very dark turn, one that she had no shortage of scars and restless dreams to remind her of. I don't think we could make what's already happened any better, but it's alright. I'm alright now. One day...one day I would like to make it better, for everyone who's not alright. For every person searchriders pulled out of Nabol, how many more were left behind? How many suffered and died and were forgotten? And why had she been saved, instead of someone else? Maybe, if I weren't alone, I could make a difference...

She'd tried. Oh, she'd tried. But she was just one person - one teenage person without connections or resources - and she doubted she'd made much of a difference, even before she'd been caught and thrown in the mines. But at least she'd tried. And she would try again, even if it killed her...but those were some very dark thoughts that she ought to be careful with.

I'm afraid I can't sit with you, it's rather against the rules. And Rhianth, well, she didn't look entirely too pleased to have all these candidates traipsing around her clutch, nor did Kronoseth...and there were the Candidatemasters and their assistants, as well. Rule-breaking was very much out of the question today, for quite a number of reasons. A mistake would not only threaten her candidacy, but could end the entire Touching for everyone, and even lead to injury or death at the Hatching. The consequences had been heavily emphasized, and she couldn't help but turn them over in her mind. Not that sitting with an egg seemed like something that could have such dire consequences, but who knew what chain reaction might start? You've even more company now, though.

She glanced briefly up at the other candidates who'd approached, with a tiny nod of recognition for Lauthisen. But...eggs first.

((I know we're not guaranteed more than one response from an egg, which is fine! She just...had a lot of thoughts and it seemed awkward to spill them all out and then just nope away. I'll move her along regardless later.))

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:50 am
Tassiel hadn’t had much luck finding his little brother, but the kid was fifteen now, even if just turned. He could handle himself among eggs, at least. He’d bowed to each gold, and given them both a smile before heading to an egg that’d caught his eye. He headed over to the Nimbus 2000 Egg and greeted the egg warmly, before looking up and noticing Will. Oh! He was one of the newer candidates. He didn’t pay him much attention though. Instead his attention was on the egg. It was beautiful, and he wondered what would come out of it.

He’d seen enough hatchings to know each egg would produce an equally beautiful dragon. “I’m looking forward to when you hatch.”  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:58 am
Falienn
The long silence was shattered by the sudden thrust of consciousness against his, prompting Falienn to snatch his hand back from the shell as if burned. It had not been exactly an enjoyable contact, but compared to those at Western...this egg at least felt like it wanted him to linger, to draw closer. Those before that had not liked him had pushed him away instead. Sure, the egg’s touch had been jarring, but perhaps it had only—

Orri’s voice of all things snapped Falienn back to his senses. He frowned down at his hand as he shook off the egg’s attention. “Not really. An egg’s an egg until it’s not, right? How about you?” He gave Avada Kedavra a long look, but did not return his hand to it. Instead he moved sideways, to the same egg Orri had been at. They had been firmly told not to linger after all. Back to Avada Kedavra, he slid a palm over Gryffindor with a short pat. “Figure I’ll just start here and move through them all, but if you have a plan...” He might as well let the World’s Most Eager Candidate have his pick of where to go next.
medigel

Finnisa
Was...something supposed to happen? Well, no worries. Finnisa gave You’ve Got A Friend In Me a final pat before moving on. It was probably napping, which made sense. Babies did do more sleeping usually! All that growing to do. She chose another egg, at random, to try next. Be Our Guest had a jovial vibe to it, and she traced a finger along the shell. “How about you, little guy? Got any idea yet? I sure don’t, but hey, that’s all good too.”

Meztli
Woaahh... the feeling of actual reaction, almost a question from the egg threw Meztli. They’d known, of course, tht this was all a very real deal, but until that moment it hadn’t really clicked that they were a candidate. They might be a rider some day—the eggs noticed them! The revelation left them stood there, amost passively admiring the shine and swirl of Perfect Isn’t Easy for some time before someone else getting close happened to nudge into them. Oh shells, they were meant to keep moving! Eager to not be the one making trouble, they slid to the nearest egg, Friend Like Me and focused there. Oops!  

ShinosBee

Nerd

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:59 am
Thaliawen

Friend Like Me Egg
Yes, it was rather nice to meet the egg, wasn't it? The world was bright and fun. Now, Ionan should tell it what his deepest desire was. The egg wanted to know!

Gryffindor Egg
Of course it was a handsome egg, just look at it! Clearly a cut above. As for its secret, wouldn't Rhiyn try to guess? This Egg wouldn't tell anyone its secret so easily!

Auror Egg
Shanely didn't need to worry about playing it cool. This egg could see her, and it was all alright. This egg understood, and would work with her to help her feel better. No reason to fret.

Sinders Path

How Far I'll Go Egg
There was something about this one that the egg liked. It met Roana with a sense of wonder. Had this one seen much of the world outside its egg? It wanted to know. Tell it about her travels! It wanted to move too, so much so that the shell vibrated against her hands.

tatterpixie

Friend Like Me Egg
Of course it would be nice, if that was what she wanted. It was having such a delightful time, but she should to. She should have everything she wanted, and Friend Like Me would try to provide.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 08, 2018 7:59 am
Sweet Symmetry

Let It Go
There was no reason that Keleres needed to feel silly for that! While it was perhaps not as bright and boisterous of a feeling as one of it's siblings would have offered, the baby inside of the egg approved of how she was conducting herself.

Smerdle

Imperio

A pleasure was it? Oh, no, this baby didn't demand Tolin's attention, he was giving it to them quite willingly, right? He was a smart and kind and good boy to be so attentive to it!

Excited Apathy

Go The Distance
Oh! Hello! It is getting so much attention today, thank you! This is a really good day! It feels good! Is Helaku worried because of something going on out there? Is it a bit much? The baby offers a warm nudge of courage to the boy.

NovaCracker

Imperio
Oh hello there! Why are you keeping your thoughts so far away, Amila? Please let it take a look, it would make this day so much nicer.

Be Our Guest
Oh there is so much of this day to go and so little it has done! Is Siv really certain there is nothing it can do for her? Nothing at all? Really? Surely there must be something!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 23 24 25 26 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out