Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:56 am
Willim
Willim couldn't believe his eyes. A second bronze had hatched, this one from Fianth's clutch! He jumped when Rhianth roared, unsure of what was going on, but quickly returned his gaze to the two dragonets currently wandering the Sand. Glancing around, he secretly hoped Shanley was here and had seen this. A good sign indeed!

Thaliawen
for mention of Shanley! <3

Jeri
A second bronze! Jeri smiled hugely. What a cute little fellow he was too! He seemed concerned over something, but she had no idea what was causing the little bronze distress. "Oh, I hope he finds His," she murmured to herself and anyone within earshot.

Revel1984
for Helane, if you like! <3

demon_pachabel
for Fahn, if you like! <3

Tokki
This was amazing. Tokki's first Hatching was turning out to be an auspicious one, with two bronze dragonets hatching first. And they couldn't be more different from each other: one was parading around the Sands like he owned the place, and the other's eyes whirled yellow-orange in concern (he thought, if he was remembering correctly what eye color meant). The young healer reflexively smoothed his fountain of dreadlocks back. He wasn't sure he was up to the pressure of Impressing a bronze dragon, but... Impression. That would be something!

Quote:
Tokki is open for interactions! <3

Q'dosh and Turanth
With a cavernously huge yawn, Q'dosh plopped his rear down in a spot in the stands and scrubbed his tattooed face with his hands. Why had the dragonets decided that the dark of early morning was the best time to hatch? He'd shuttled some of the Western Candidates over just under a sevenday ago and decided to stick around for the Hatching, because Hatchings were entertaining, but he hated everything about High Reaches Weyr. It was cold, it was haughty and rigid in its thinking, it was cold, there was no beach, it was cold. He tugged his flight jacket closed and flipped up the fur collar beneath his long brown hair. The only bright side to this (besides the Hatching itself) was there were a lot of pretty pretty people here. Lots of eye candy.

Shall I let Tiernoth know that we are here? Q's blue Turanth asked from his perch on the visitor ledge.

"Yes," Q'dosh mumbled, "and tell her to have Zi'aso bring me a mug of klah. A nice big one." He hoped Zi would join him -- the warmth of his friend's body draped over his would be welcome.

Prism Shine
for Zi'aso, if you like! <3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:58 am
Talis
The young woman nodded a greeting when Lauthisen approached, though her gaze quickly returned to the eggs and the two very bronze dragonets on the Sands. Nothing personal, of course, having someone to stand with was welcome, but the focus was the hatching babies. And the happy, positive, loving thoughts! Talis could hardly be classified as bubbly or enthusiastic - though she was excited, in her own quiet way, to be here - but she did her best.

"Of course boys would think bronzes first is lucky," she said with a quiet huff of a laugh. "Doesn't do the rest of us much good, though."

Tsunake

Meepfur
Crew

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 7:59 am
Rhylune - High reaches- She/Her -PURE EXCITEMENT

Rhylune whined as the sounds of movement broke her from her sleep. Why was it so.. ooh, ooh shards she needed to get up. She nearly tumbled out of her bed in excitement, slipping on the sandals and tossing on the robes. She pushed her braids out of her face, she'll have to get Aly'on to redo them later.

She hurried out, excited. Omg, dragons, dragons were happening. They were going to hatch and she was just so excited! She found herself following the rest of the candidates, trying to get a handle on her excitement. Hatchlings!

She managed her bows to the queen and slipped next to some others, making tiny noises of excitement. Just look at them! They were so gorgeous! And ooh ohh! That one was hatching! She liked that egg. Goo Firebolt baby, go!  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:03 am
Firebolt

Scrape scrape scraaaaapppppppeeeeeeee!

The wiggling Firebolt scratched at the inside of their egg, the shaking pausing for only a few moments before it began anew.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:08 am
Tizenia/ 14 / She
Tizenia’s sister had already established friends and a position on the sands for herself, and while she would have liked nothing better than to go stand next to her sister in this unknown and possibly fatal environment, she didn’t want to be a bother. She’d told her that she’d stand with her own friends. It was difficult, because she hadn’t worked on befriending much of anyone. The fourteen turn old rubbed at her eyes before straightening her robe.

The loud mouth boy was waving at her. Joy. She wasn’t sure if he counted as a friend or not. He was loud and had an opinion on everything. What was his name? Ionan? But he was with the nice boy, Rahmi. And where was Taibbi? She spotted the girl and waved. She indicated where they should meet, and sidled up to Rahmi.

“I don’t want to be here,” she muttered.
“Princess_Feylin”

“Avid_RPer18”

“Dea and #Teddy#”

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:20 am
Shanley / 16 / she

Shanley had spotted Willim from where she’d intended to stand and made her way towards him. It was slow going. She wasn’t used to this sort of heat and she could feel sweat forming on her brow. Hot, hot, hot. She couldn’t imagine how hot the sand would be without her sandals. The heat already wasn’t blocked very much.

She was so eager to get to Will, she nearly bumped into him as she continued. She’d taken her eyes off her route to watch the two bronzes. Two bronzes! One was supposed to be good luck at the beginning of a hatching, did two mean double luck?

“Sorry,” she said. “I thought we could continue our debate.” It wasn’t that she liked him! No. Well. It was. Actually, that was the majority of why she enjoyed his company. He was handsome and kind and—“Did you see that egg move?”

“tatterpixie”

Thaliawen

Cute Fairy

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:22 am
A gentle tremble shook Colors of the Wind, almost sigh-like, the egg streeetching to greet the day. It was a very big day, and there had already been some action!

Shift.

Wiggle.

Ever so slowly, the egg leaned sideways in its wallow, tipping to flump forward towards the candidates with a soft 'puff' of shifting sand.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:31 am
Martirae

When Iathe joined her, Marty gave the woman an approving nod. The second bronze spilled out onto the sands would hopefully spell out better luck than the start of Western's bronze-omened hatching. Then again, perhaps luck was better found in a green start there.

"If only. They're both fine looking dragons," but with neither a dragon that could - would - choose her, beyond making sure they weren't on the approach with teeth and claws at the ready, Marty was a little bit more interested in that shaking striped egg. And that purple one was beginning to rock as well.

"How do you feel about your odds?" she'd asked the question after The Touching, and certainly there had been enough time to gossip in the almost week she'd been there, but in this moment some opinions would change.

Tsunake

-----

Kahbrohm

Of course Dehka was nearby, but the young man wasn't even acknowledged with a weathering glare for their proximity. It was easy to find excuse to look anywhere else when another bronze spilled onto the sands - another fine looking dragon at that!

Which of you is getting more attention right now. I bet it is you, Kahbrohm glanced towards the more green-hued bronze that was appraising the boys up close. You have all their hearts pounding in their chests, I'm sure, maybe out of fear that a baby dragon so close and personal would chew their throat out, but Kahbrohm doubted that.

He'd done nothing to earn any of the judgement that he could see in the posture of boys who were ready to guard themselves already. Kahbrohm couldn't help but smirk to himself at the irony.

-----

Kinyegele

When a bigger girl approached her, Kinye looked up at Fisher with wide eyes. Then, she looked down at her very bare foot. "Are you sure?" she asked, "What if that keeps you from running from a baby?" The words were barely out of her mouth before the second bronze spilled onto the sands, and she looked towards it for a long time.

It....looked nice enough? Maybe a little riled, but nice.

"Maybe you won't need to," Kinye reconsidered, before shifting her weight so she could actually take Fisher up on her offer. They both likely looked hilarious. As another egg began to move, the girl perked up. "Oh!"

houllow

-----

Fahn

"Another bronze! At this rate we're just going to have entire clutches of bronzes and us girls won't have a chance!" Fahn laughed as she said it, placing her hands on her hips and shuffling a few steps closer to another girl nearby.

"I bet they'll find theirs real quick. They had a pretty good Touching, after all, so I can't imagine they don't know who they're looking for...." Fahn looked appraisingly over both of the glimmering dragons, "I think."

But more eggs were starting to move. "Oh look, more bronzes are on the way," she said jokingly with a gesture of her hand at Firebolt and Colors of the Wind.

tatterpixie

-----

Juhvek

Another bronze. He could just feel the excitement over such a start even in the stands. Juhvek would have never considered a such a shining dragon for himself, but even he couldn't keep himself from admiring them despite that.

Had the second dragon hatched because of the surprise at Rhianth? All is well, but I'm sure your alert is appreciated by many, it wasn't reassurance, exactly, but more of a hope that heroics wouldn't be needed.  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Princess_Feylin

Lonely Bookworm

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:45 am
Taibbi | High Reaches Candidate | she/her/hers

It took a moment for Taibbi to realize that one of the candidates from Western was waving at her, and trying to indicate that she and another candidate ought to relocate. To be honest, Taibbi was...reluctant to move around that much, but it didn't seem as though she would be in the bronzes' way by doing so.

Waitwhatwasthat?!

Taibbi's head whipped around as one egg slouched onto its side on the sand, her heart racing and then slowing all in the span of a few seconds. This hatching, she thought, might actually kill her. Perhaps it wouldn't be a bad idea to stand with other people that kind of liked her. Then, maybe, they could drag her unconscious body out of the way of rampaging dragonets when she inevitably passed out.

She nodded to Tizzy and began edging through the clusters of candidates to the indicated spot. Once there, she was baffled by the girl's assertion that she didn't want to be there, and couldn't stop herself from exclaiming, "Why not?"

She'd spoken a little more loudly than she intended, and so she quickly glanced around to make sure she hadn't attracted any draconic ire.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:46 am
Siv and Amila

"Dude, you're missing this." Soiv reached, grabbing her fellow candidate's arm rapidly before pulling Amila out of hiding. She did not know the girl, but the startled, fightened yelp wasn't anything Siv paid mind to, instead directing her focus to the forms of Once Upon a Dream then Slytherin.

"Bronzes poppin'. Right handsome too, shards." Siv knew bronzes Impressed boys, but she could certainly appreciate a handsome male, and the girl whistled, the older female she'd yanked out of hiding shaking for several seconds. Yres, yes, the bronzes were handsome boys but was it necissary for her to watch? Amila was already having a minor anxiety attack -- and being yanked from--

Oh an egg fell!

Amila was still anxious when she watched Colors of the Wind tip, and the girl's hand rose to her mouth, eyes growing wide in worry.

"Oh, the poor dragon! I hope they're okay in there the shell! Tipping must be scary..."

Was she fussing? Yes. Just a bit -- but the dragons were precious babies damnit. Siv shrugged, much less concerned. Tipping seemed like an occupational hazard of being born a dragon, and she wanted to see the Bronzes Impress. Bronzes hatching first was good -- Impressing well was better -- it meant the boys were safer.

"I still think the bronzes are neat."

Amila pointedly ignored the other teen. For now.

Quote:
If any Candidates want these two goobers are open, I just figured Amila can't hide forever.

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 8:47 am
Lauthisen

His lips curved unconsciously into a smirk at that, nodding at the truth of her words. "I don't think it really matters." He shrugged, his gaze drawn by two other eggs that were beginning to wiggle. Why, one even tipped right over. "As long as the hatchlings are healthy and find Theirs without incident, that's good enough luck for me."

Meepfur

--

Iathe

She nodded at that, also pausing to eye the other two eggs that were showing signs of movement. "These will be good, strong clutches. Both queens flew well." Who would be next to join the other hatchlings on the sands? As the one egg tipped over, she couldn't help but bite back a smile. It was hard, hungry work to break out of those protective shells, and it would take more time for some of them.

The question made her consider for a moment, staying quiet. "It's hard to say." She finally replied with a shrug. "My experiences were pleasant. Am I going to be what they need? I don't know. After a moment, she let herself smile. "I can only hope."

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:04 am

The yellow eye peered out... and then a plaintive creel escaped the egg. There were so many! And they were thinking thoughts at the egg. It wasn't ready. Not yet.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:17 am
Willim
Willim didn't even notice Shanley until she was next to him, he was so preoccupied with the shimmying eggs and the two bronze dragonets and looking for her in the sea of white robes. "Shanley!" he exclaimed, his face turning just a bit red. "Hi! I was hoping you'd come and um... stand with me."

With a tilt of his head, he smiled at her. She was so cute! "Uh, I don't think we can -- we're supposed to think about the eggs and babies and be all welcoming. At the Hatching Feast though, for sure!" His smile became a grin. "I'll toast you with beer."

Thaliawen

Jeri
"Fahn!" Jeri nearly hugged the other girl. "Yeah, you're probably right -- those two boys will find Theirs soon enough. But aren't they pretty though? Oh my shells and shards. And it's such a good sign that the first two who hatched are bronze! I have a super good feeling about this Hatching," she nodded.

Looking at where Fahn was pointing, her eyes widened. "Ooooh, more babies on the way! I hope they give us girls a fair chance!"

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:25 am
Elyk

Elyk remembered the Colors of the Wind egg. It was the very first egg that he touched during the Touching, frazzled nerves and all, and he would never forget the kind reassuring thoughts that it sent him back then. Would it remember him? He was just one individual among a great many hopeful and probably much better Candidates. It wouldn't be queer if the dragonet couldn't recognize him at all.

Still, the very sight of the egg tipping onto its side was enough to bring a smile to his face. Keep going little one. He quietly cheered it on. Your Chosen is somewhere here waiting for you and today is the day that you can finally meet him/her in person.

baby_gwing

Fanatical Raider

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Sun Oct 28, 2018 9:28 am
Shar was glad to hear Zamistia pipe up finally. The girl was shy but she was coming out of her shell at a great time, just as the dragons were as well. The two on the sands weren't for them but that didn't mean they could drop their guard. Two bronzes from two different clutches had the potential to clash and with how haughty the Slytherin boy seemed compared to how intense the Once Upon a Dream was acting, it was a recipe for potential disaster.

Still, Shar wasn't worried at this point. They were still keeping to themselves and the Slytherin boy seemed more interested in sniffing out a potential Candidate than posturing for the newcomer. Her attention was grabbed by more eggs that were wobbling around, as well as a little whine from the egg that had cracked first but had yet to emerge. It seemed that baby was a bit nervous.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff