Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply Threadfall
[05.27.3575 WW] Bowl & Infirmary: CLOSED Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 8:20 am

When a familiar hide all but fell from the sky, a blue form stirred. It quickly became apparent that the situation was dire, and Talmaith of Z'ri flung himself into the air, winging down to land carefully, ever so carefully beside him. Little Bai, no. Little Bai, it is not time for sleep yet. Please wake up. Please, please I'll play a game with you. Just one more game, please? Never in all his life had this blue begged for anything, yet he knelt pleading with that still form. Baby brother, please wake up. If not for me, then for Khamaith who loves you.

But Talmaith loved him too. Differently, but deeply. Baihath please. Please. Please, don't go. I love you. In desperation, Talmaith swung his head around, searching for a healer. If he needs my ichor, please take it. He reached down to nuzzle that still form. Baihath...

Tsunake
Prism Shine

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 9:43 am
Talmaith. He said happily, the smallest sliver of blue grey peeking out from under his lids. Oh... Why did he sound so unhappy? The white stirred a little, swallowing. He could feel something happening at his side, something that hurt, but-- his brother was sad. Talmaith shouldn't have to be sad. I'm tired. It was almost a whine. We can play later, okay...? I love you, Talmaith. The color was masked by his drooping eyelid once more.

Everything was starting to get quiet and dark. It almost felt like playing the Sleepy game with Khamaith. Even the sensations from Alya were becoming muted. For once, he didn't think he'd mind playing the Sleepy game. Everything would be nice and dark.

Quiet.

Still.

Mr Cheri

Prism Shine

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:16 am
The fall was barely a fourth over, and already it was a deadly one. Dragon fell, and rose, and fell again. Some slipped between never to return, the silver menace overhead or a mistimed flame or leap, or simply the unfortunate chance of luck all reaching out to bite and gnaw at them. Strigonth's own flesh had been ripped and scored, some of the patches where the healers had mended him already weeping ichor again, or else chilled to dull gripping aches from the cold of between. Still the blue flew on, focused on, driven to do his part... and claim the glory and recognition that came with victory.

The plummeting fall of those around him touched nothing of his hearts, only his sharp mind noting their absences, for while their pain did him no harm, an absent or distracted wingmate's lack might disrupt his own efforts. There were very few he felt anything of real interest (and rarer still affection) for, and they were all fine anyway.

Until one wasn't.

At first he'd thought the tiny silvery speck he spotted was a crumb of thread, and he'd turned his head to take aim and belch his flame. Looking fully at it though in the split second before he loosed a jet, he realized that it was far larger than a strand... and far farther down, the distance having lent the impression of smallness. But no, it was one of the Weyr's white dragons, relegated to the lower wings for their own safety, that had given out. A gold rose up to catch him, dwarfing the tiny thing on her back as she carefully lowered them down... and Strigonth realized, seeing them together, that he knew the white dragon who had fallen. He rarely paid the smallest dragons of the Weyr more than a passing thought... but that one he knew. He... liked.

Trusting to D'mar to keep them safe and watch for thread, the blue reached out a mental tendril to gently slide along the edge of Baihath's consciousness... or what was left of it. Hold on, Baihath. How will we all enjoy the beach together again if you slip away? Who will race along the heights with me, and who will nap beneath Khamaith's wing if not you? He paused then, for only a moment, thoughts turning through the labyrinth of his mind; weighing quickly, and then choosing.

Baihath. Listen to me now. He voice came slithering back, soft and fluid and all but demanding the white listen, his will winding as gentle as a summer night's breeze around the white, but then growing as unbending as the stone of the Weyr itself. You cannot sleep now, Baihath. You must stay awake. We need you here, and you cannot go. Your Alya is worried, Baihath... Listen to my voice. Stay awake...

Tsunake
(Strigonth's minor-level 'commanding' obviously okayed by Tsu.)

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:35 am
When Khaimath had touched down, Veena had already grabbed up her most immediate needs and yelled at Taiena to grab up the rest and follow quickly. That a dragon - especially one so small - had to be caught meant she needed to be ready for everything.

"Keep talking to him, dear," Veena placed a hand gently onto Alya's shoulder as she stepped in to start assessing the damage. That he'd been exerting himself made the bleeding worse. He would absolutely need a transfusion. Looking at the first blue who had come rushing over, offering his flesh to that of his brother, it was an easy call.

"You will stay down and no drills for half the next sevenday," Veena would not send an exhausted dragon up in the air until he'd had time to recover his ichor. Then she set about preparing her tools while Taiena turned to Talmaith - "I'll need to find a vein in your leg," she explained, hopeful - certain - there would be little fight in her doing so. That Strigonth was focusing on keeping the white from drifing to sleep would definitely help them focus elsewhere.

Tsunake

Mr Cheri

ShinosBee

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 10:44 am
There was a sound.

He tried to ignore it, but it was there, pressing forward. It snaked around his thoughts, offering things he thought he knew. That wasn't enough, not for the sound. It compelled him, forcing his groggy thoughts to take shape, commanded him to listen. The white dragon keened softly in protest, but he had no choice but to obey. Awake. Listen. Awake.

Baihath's eyes slid open partially, charcoal grey now flecked with the orange of dying embers. I'm tireddddd, Strigonth! He said sulkily, exhausted... but awake. Alya hadn't let go of his head, and he was suddenly aware of the bone-deep terror gripping her. With a weak huff, he lipped at her hands to try and soothe her.

"There you are," Alya croaked as Baihath unexpectedly roused, not even able to acknowledge Veena. Strigonth? Bless him. "I know you're tired, baby, but you gotta keep your eyes open, okay? For me? And Talmaith? He's gonna help you too, bein' such a good big brother." She was rambling, but she knew if she didn't, she'd break down in a heartbeat.

The white gave a reluctant sigh, trying to nose first at Alya, then at Talmaith's foot while sending all the affection he could muster to everyone. He was so tired that he didn't even want to talk.

ShinosBee

Mr Cheri

demon_pachabel

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 11:37 am
A deep, satisfied rumble curled through the blue's chest, thrumming beneath D'mar even as they turned with their wing to char a path through thread above. It felt good to flex his control a bit, good to have things go just how he wanted. It was enough to chase away most of the sting of his own wounds, the rippling glow of pride from his core. It would have been quite a shame to throw away an investment like this one, to just let it slip away when he had the power to retain it. And, of course, it meant that his friend was still alive. That was nice too.

Oh sweet Baihath, I know you are. But then, you know that's not how the Sleepy game works... Did you forget? The last rule—when thread is falling, nobody's allowed to sleep. The blue's voice coiled along the white's mind, gently chiding, but ever so tender. Forgiving, even, of the white's breaking of a rule that had never really existed. But all is well now. You did very well waking up again. You only slept for a very little while, and I won't tell Khamaith... So you haven't reallylost. Just stay awake now, and listen to me, and your Alya. They are going to help you feel less sleepy... Perhaps a reward for the poor cranky dragon? But, if you like... I promise, dear Baihath, that the next time you want to play and I am sleeping, I will not mind if you wake me up in turn. That would be fair, wouldn't it?

A pause in the near-constant fall gave him time to between over the weyr—to restock his stone, he was no layabout to shirk his task—but also to glance down, to find that green-smeared white speck there sprawled upon the sands amid a gaggle of onlookers and helping, healing hands. He gave a little trumpet of victory as he dove down to let D'mar catch the new sack of stone, a rolling wave of approval (and some small affection) sent to flow over his little... friend below. It looks like you are in good hands, sweet Baihath... Perhaps when all this is done we can play the Sleepy game together, you and I and Khamaith. But not yet. Remember the rules...!

And then he was gone again, betweening back into the fray, though a portion of his focus remained with his ailing 'brother', alert to any signs he was drifting again.

Tsunake

ShinosBee

Nerd

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:02 pm
All across the bowl, healers were working frantically to tend the injured. Raen herself was not a dragonhealer, which spared her most of the gruesome task of helping the rent and scorched and scored beasts, but that did not mean she could not assist with their riders. Her healing focus was of the mind, not the body, but she had still attended Healer Hall. Could still smear redwort and numbweed, and wind bandages around limbs. She accepted the role of nurse, of assistant to the more specialized healers with grace, murmuring quite assent each time they gave her an order.

She made sure to stay out of the way of D'ein's line of sight to his bronze as she worked, knowing that when both halves of a pair were hurting it could be trouble to get between them. Gentle but firm hands worked to coat what wounds he had, following the trauma healers' leads to patch him up as best as they could. "Try to take it easy if you can, but you should be fine to keep fighting a while more... you'll want these looked at again when the fall's done, alright? If something feels wrong, come back. Don't try to tough it out."

Both rider and dragon probably needed more work when she moved off to gather more supplies, but hopefully now the sting was smarting a bit less. The fall was barely a quarter done, and they'd need their riders as strong as they could be to last through the rest.

Hattaki
Sadly Raen isn't the kind of healer to be able to help his dragon! sad

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:14 pm

Whatever he needs. However much he needs, do you understand me? Talmaith fixed the healer with an implacable gaze. Never as sure of giving anything to another, he refused to budge on this point. If he needs all of it then that is exactly how much you will give him. The chances were slim, given how tiny Baihath was... but there they had it.

Stay with me, Bai. I love you. Please stay. Pressing his muzzle gently against his brother's, he held strong. Waiting. It was well that Strigonth had brought Baihath back, but they would need to keep him there.

demon_pachabel
Tsunake

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 1:33 pm
"As much as you can give, then," Taiena bowed her head at the blue's command. She was fairly certain that all of Talmaith's blood would not be needed for this. While still done quickly, there was something that always felt painfully slow about these processes in the moment - even when you weren't attached to the dragon in question. What had been hours with Khandjith had felt like days. With her training, and a little verbal guidance, finding a vein to tie off was not difficult. Inserting the needle was only difficult in knowing pain would follow briefly and empathy wanted to fight it for only a moment. At Baihath's side, Veena did the same, wasting no time, no gesture.

"Master Veena will make sure it is enough," Taiena said, patting Talmaith's leg with an almost bittersweet fondness. Then, Veena ushered her daughter to finish looking over Baihath's scoring. While bleeding had been stopped before any transfusion could begin, it needed to be looked over again.

Veena's hand briefly patted the same spot her daughter's had lingered on. "He will be fine with how much strength you have to give him," she assured as she rose from her position and moved from Baihath's wound knowing it was in capable hands and to the side of the young woman that cradled the white instead. "Now, besides your heart and soul aching, how is your body young lady? That was quite the landing," Veena reached out for a moment to gently run a hand over Baihath's head in solidarity. "Let me look so that he will not have to worry for you."

Mr Cheri

Tsunake

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 2:22 pm
When it came to stuff involving dragons, Veikel stayed out of the way of that. His sister and mother, plus the others who were legit dragonhealers, had that covered far more than he could ever hope to achieve. It was like watching people born to the craft work, the duo of his family, and Veikel sighed inwardly as he moved on to the next patient.

He may have caught a glimpse of Nikal from the corner of his eye, but it was dismissed with a frown and he moved on. That issue was still a sore spot and Veikel was never the type who enjoyed poking his own bruises. Bandage cheeped from his perch, but was silenced with a soft but gentle mental nudge.

Who else needed his urgent help? A healer waved him over, he moved to help dunk someone. Another called, he handed off bandages and salves and helped explain to someone their finger was gone, there was no saving it. All the while he kept looking over at the little white dragon and its healing group, wondering if he would have been able to help more if he was someone else.  

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 3:08 pm
Baihath's eyes opened a touch wider as a new rule was spoke of--and he accepted it without question, often inventing new rules for games as they went along. Oh... There was a touch of genuine distress at that, because how could he have forgotten (even if there was no way for him to know in the first place)?! But Strigonth's reassurances came readily, and the white relaxed again with a slow breath. I won't fall asleep! He promised, and his hearts sang a little at the thought of Khamaith being so proud of him for staying awake. The promise perked him up even further, and he managed to send a rush of warmth towards the blue--especially when he heard that proud trumpet from high above.

Soon, he was distracted by his brother pressing close, and Baihath worked up a rasping croon in his throat even as he leaned against him. Where would I go? He asked a touch sleepily, trying to nuzzle at Talmaith. I'll stay. Um. Don't take all his ichor, okay? He creeled, slightly anxious at the thought.

The inserted needle made him flinch a little, but he settled back down with a sigh and a wordless murmur from Alya. It took her a moment to realize she was being spoken to, staring up at the Masterhealer with red-rimmed eyes. "W-What? Oh, no, I'm fine, I'm--" She bit her lip to stifle another sob, dropping her gaze to focus on the way Baihath was so gently stroked. The dragon offered a drowsy wave of affection to both women--with a touch of anxiousness for Alya. That was enough to make her barely nod after a moment. "Right. Okay."

ShinosBee

Mr Cheri

demon_pachabel

SilverLutz rolled 1 10-sided dice: 6 Total: 6 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:08 pm
Fire Storm
T'sar of brown Adarith
Full Flight Round 1 Hour 2 2/5
HP: 34/39
Status Effect: Fatigued 1/3
XP:
Target Accuracy: 4 +2
Flame Length: 5 +2
General Stamina: 4
General Agility: 4
Between Accuracy: 6
Pain Resilience: 4
Instinct: 6
Luck: 4

They appeared amid chaos, as the bowl always was during flights. Dragons lying here, humans crying there, but Adarith and T'sar were quiet as healers came over to them to patch their wounds. Adarith was still exhausted and the healers could tell, so they didn't even give T'sar the option of asking if they could return. The slim man didn't ask, didn't even look their way, though. He could tell they weren't returning yet.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz rolled 1 10-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-10)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:11 pm
Fire Storm
T'sar of brown Adarith
Full Flight Round 1 Hour 2 3/5
HP: 39
Status Effect: Fatigued 2/3
XP:

The healers worked on Adarith for quite some time, ensuring no Thread had worked its way under his armor or the saddle on his back. T'sar stood close by, unscathed thus far, and waited and watched. His dragon was still tired despite his wounds healing nicely, so they would continue to wait.  
SilverLutz rolled 1 10-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-10)
PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:13 pm
Fire Storm
T'sar of brown Adarith
Full Flight Round 1 Hour 2 4/5
HP: 39
Status Effect: Fatigued 3/3
XP:

Finally the cue to go was given. Adarith looked refreshed and ready, and T'sar was also eager to get back into the fray. Although the high altitude did frighten him a bit still, there was glory to be won up there. Saddling up once more, the two beat their way back into the sky before disappearing from sight.  

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

SilverLutz rolled 1 10-sided dice: 8 Total: 8 (1-10)

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Mon Jun 03, 2019 7:19 pm
Flame's Fury
Vennodren of green Nzambith
First Wave Round 1 Hour 2 1/5
HP: 16/25
Status Effect: Painful 1/3
XP:
Target Accuracy: 2
Flame Length: 2 +1
General Stamina: 4 +2
General Agility: 2
Between Accuracy: 2
Pain Resilience: 5
Instinct: 2
Luck: 2

The call to change altitudes came to Nzambith as she landed heavily on the sands of the bowl, groaning quietly as she laid down in pain. Vennodren slid off quickly to let the healers aid her, his own singed back forgotten for the time being. It wasn't until someone was tugging at his riding leathers that he realized they wanted to look at him too, and after ensuring they wouldn't leave Nzambith's side, he pulled off the armor to let the healers get a better look.  
Threadfall

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff