Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith Touching] Believe in Something Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:27 pm
Juhvek - He/Him

It seemed the two sisters were going to stay at Sunset a moment longer. "I'll be close," he informed them both, stepping away to touch Golden Flourish instead, rather than wait. He was there to touch eggs, as he'd been reminded, though his thoughts on the whole thing were muddled in a mess even he didn't feel particularly worried about picking through.

And did they matter when he had an egg so brilliant under his hand? Juhvek's thoughts may have flickered at the juxtaposition of his rough, working hand next to the brilliantly colored and smooth shell beneath it.

I surely am not the first, but your shell is stunning. Are you as bold and ready to be seen? Juhvek had no opinions either way of his own appearance, but sometimes...it was nice to actually think something was beautiful and take a moment.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 02, 2020 4:38 pm
Rykin

The Pink Striped Egg captivated his attention for longer than might have been proper had he been thinking of the rules, but that was the last thing on his mind at the moment. Rykin was content to bask in the joy emanating from the egg until he noticed another Candidate waiting their turn to come closer. Thank you, he said to the egg, less in words than a mental nudge of gratitude.

He moved on to the Rose Egg next, small but equally pink. Before he got there, however, he felt a jolt of happiness that rivaled the one he had just received. These were some very cheery eggs!

Hello! I'm glad you're having a good time!

Brenley

I suppose not. He agreed the Touching was occasionally overdone, but it was supposedly for the good of the hatchlings in the end. Even so, a significant enough portion of dragons picked riders who they had never even met, and that portion included both Khamaith and Baihath. Not that they had chosen that unfamiliarity, but... the phenomenon still deserved some thought. Just not now.

Well, I think you're doing an excellent job. Bren nodded at its dark shell, then shifted to the Purple and Teal Swirl Egg. He was poised to give one of his polite and rather generic greetings when he noticed the commotion surrounding the Gold Striped Egg.

Oh... well... what do you think is going on over there? Not to take away from you, of course. I just don't want anything to go wrong.

Smerdle

Scamp

Sinders Path

Liberal Lover

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:30 am
Dipsi-western weyr

Dipsi surprised herself. She was actually nervous. Though there was plenty of reason to be anxious given the weight a touching could have on her futures the gnawing feeling at her guts was almost completely alien to the happy go lucky girl.

She put a hand over her stomach and patted it harshly. "Settle down now." She ordered it firmly. Following the example of the rest of the candidates she turned and bowed to the adult gold and her consorts on entry. Before looking around at the eggs all half burried in the warm sand. "Oh" her gasp of delight at all the colours left her lips in an audible hitch.

The bright splashes of colour and variety of shapes electrified her artistic sensibilities she was already planning out a sketch of the scene for her return to the brackets. However it was then her mind was assaulted with the need to dance or sing. It wasn't at all subtle so it was not hard to recognise it as a foreign implant but it was a new sensation none the less. She glanced about and then did a little twirl on the spot just to get it out of her system before she walked up to GOLD STRIPPED egg and lay her hand on it. 'Not long now and you can dance all you want little one. But maybe don't break your shell before you're ready.'  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 1:53 pm
Odellet -Western Weyr

It was hot, which was just a normal day for Western really. Odellet licked slightly chapped lips, adjusted her head scarf to keep her hair out of her face and not touching the nape of her neck. That was gross. She stretched out, looking over the sands, interested. Eggs hmm? This was the first time she had been to a touching and well maybe not much more mmhm.

The eggs were a riot of colors, bright and glittering under the sun and eye catching like jewels and baubles and a tiny part of her mind wished to hoard them away like a flit to coil over and coo at, rotating to watch the sun gleam off them. She grinned slightly, keeping that part pushed down. They weren't baubles to be carried off and she truly didn't need to do that to live anymore.

She sauntered out on the sands, giving Khamaith a bow and nodded to the other dragons before looking over the eggs. Which one.. which one.

That one it was glittery and purple and huge. Good things could happen out of that... out of anyone really but ehh, she liked it. That was reason to touch it. She reached out, lightly touching the shell with finger tips. "Ain't you a beauty, roomy in there?" She questioned the Purple Glitter egg.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 2:17 pm
Whren High reaches

Maybe he should have considered it sooner. It was hot and it was barely morning and that said a lot. Wen looked out at the eggs, a maiden clutch and small but potential a lot of potential... and perhaps a new start. Least for Jemi.
He owed her that. He owed her a lot actually.

And that was enough of that, it should be a joyful day of new life and beginnings and something. He bowed to Khamaith. She was flower patterned, delicate and soft looking. Pretty.

He walked the eggs, careful and considering and finally knelt and touched the Orange galaxy egg. 'You remind me a bit of your mother,' he thought quietly, the shell was a soft and buttery like gold and orange and smooth like. He looked a bit like his mother. But eggs shells only promised a dragonet inside the depths and nothing more What sort of individual was in the shell.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 3:21 pm
Jemaselle High Reaches Weyr

Occasionally... Wen got a bit weird. More quiet then normal, too much thinking, Jemi was sure. Things were better when you could just punch the thing causing problem and occasionally punch something not causing problems just to work out what emotions. Jemi preferred to throw herself physically into things till her muscles burned and what ever bothered her was less of an issue. Wen retreated. Turned quiet.

She was going to sit on him. Till he talked.

After. It was hot and there was eggs and she was ready to meet them. Hatchlings were awesome. Jemi stretched and bowed to Khamaith before moving among the eggs. They were lovely. Healthy, bright. Kind of like polished gemstones. Mmhm.

She looked over them all before settling on the Black and Rainbow egg as the place to start. 'Hey, Lovely.' She greeted setting a hand on the shell, tracing down the swirl patterns.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 pm
Purple Glitter Egg
Fahn would be met by a small prickle of annoyance. Of course Yellow Swirl would tell you to visit--this egg is the best egg on the Sands. Why you didn't stop to meet it first, to had to be told, is clearly a personal defect. But! You are here now, and that's what's important. Do tell how wonderful, how amazing, how divine you think this egg is. And now that you're here, with this egg, all can be forgiven. Have you never met a more perfect egg? Any irritation that had been previously felt, was now followed by nothing but oozing interest and mutual appreciation.

Gold Striped Egg
Oh!! The wriggling, happy, dancing egg would practically rattle in delight over Kadosses interest. Boys and girl watching was this eggs favorite thing to do too! There are so many beautiful ones out there! Stick with Gold Striped, and they can find all the egg hotties out there!

demon_pachabel

Helste needn't have worried! Gold Stripe would send its excitement all over the pretty girl. Don't worry so much--Its time to have a wonderful time! Let's get movin' and groovin'! Shake, shake, shake -- the egg would continue to wobble.

faesinger

Orange Leopard Spot Egg
Sivu would find himself wrapped up in nothing but a but pure, unadulterated ove and wonder. Why hello there! It can tell he just came from having a good experience with another egg, and it is ever so pleased. It is its day to shine--and it hopes that it's Sivu's time, too. It has such hope for him, and all the Candidates. They've all been nothing short of amazing

Spockat

Pink Striped
Tyanan's touch would be met by a bump from the being within the shell. Whoever was in there would send the boy a jolt of energy and pleasure. It has been wonderful, oh yes! Nothing can ruin this moment. This is what Eggs and Candidates should be--happy and joyous together, getting to meet before the Big Day. Oh, if only it could be hatched now! Wistful longing would wrap around the boy. Do you think it could hatch now? Surely, that would be OK....right? The egg would give a few test wriggles. Wiggle, wiggle!

Tatterpixie

Orange Leopard Spot
Dystzha would find herself wrapped up in nothing but love, just like a hug. The absolute love would pour through egg, no judgment, no anger, no ire. Just pure, rich, sweetness. It is the best day, and it's even better now that you're here. Stay awhile, won't you? So they might better get to know each other? Everyone leaves as quick as they come! Maybe if they'd slow down a bit it would be better?

Dystzha

Green Tribal Egg
The egg would look over at Nashwa and give a measured sigh.. Yes, hello darling--tell me, doll, you don't happen to know how long these things are supposed to last, do you? This egg's time is quite valuable, and it honestly needs to have its shell wiped clean. Anyway, hello, goodbye, and may we meet again another day. Tata, darling.

Sunset Eggs
If there was any surprise or worry or fear, Sunset would brush it away. Elibrie had nothing to worry about, truly. Everyone's a Someone--there are simply some who don't know know it. But Sunset egg knows it, and sees it in Elibrie. Be yourself, and remember it's just as worthy, and wonderful, as the rest. Deep breaths. Soak in the peace, and enjoy the warmth of the sands, and good company.

Meepfur

Sunset Egg
Like the rest, Ara would find nothing but a happy, comfortable, relaxed egg. Immediately, the girl would find herself soaking up all the chill this egg possessed, and encouraging her joy. Savor the moment. There's no rush to move on. Just enjoy what you have, while you have it--for too soon it'll be back to work. Chill out with this egg for a while--let your hair down and put your feet up. Everything's good in this egg space.

Princess_Feylin

Purple Glitter
Saving the best for last, eh? Well, while it doesn't agree with being the last on his list--at least the Candidate had sense enough to give this egg its due. Bigger IS better, and Rundanrul had might as well stop Touching others after this magnificent specimen. Love it, Rundanrul--love it, and be amazed. This egg is a special egg, THE egg of the clutch. While you might have taken your time finding it, now that you have, why not stay a while? The other eggs are nothing next to this one.

SilverLutz

Sunset Egg
Oranie would find all her worries brushed to the wayside. No apologies needed--not for the interruption, or the need to go. But remember, realx a bit--enjoy what you've got, while you've got it. This moment will only last a moment, so relax a bit. There's no rush and no worries. Be at peace, and if you need a bit of chill, Sunset Egg is always here.

Gold Striped
Come on Papa Baihath-- dance! You know you want to. Not even for Gold Striped? Not even a little bit? This egg wants you to dance... and all its dancing partners are leaving! This might be a touching, but can't they have a little fun? Wiggle, wiggle, shake, rattle....

Tsunake
Eggo knows a softie when it sees one. LOL

Orange Leopard Spot Egg
Zaexillia would be wrapped up in the bundle of love this egg was giving so freely. Things are going so well--how are things going for you? The egg would be ever so pleased, and would gently nudge against her hand. The day is perfect--what more could one want? Good company, comfortable surroundings, good warmth... Maybe a ... story? Did you know that Butterfly Egg actually is in love with Purple Glitter? No? Well, don't tell anyone else that...

Pink Striped Egg
This egg would sent a jolt of pleasure and wriggle with excitement under Keleres' touch. Oh, is it really that beautiful? It had no idea! Wriggling with pleasure, the egg would flop a bit forward as some sand would give way, though it would give the equivalent of a giggle. Whoops! That was a bit of a rush. The longer Keleres stood there, though, the more antsy she'd begin to get--the energy bottled up within the egg would would work its way through the young girl, anyone nearby. The day couldn't get much better--and Keleres, looking around, might well agree. Her own outlook, for a few moments after parting from the egg, would be nothing but rosey.

Sweet Symmetry

Purple Glitter Egg
Of course it's a lovely one--it knows that. But Rian would would be given the honor of having the egg rock into her touch. There really is no better egg here, and if Rian is wise she'll simply go to the Stands after this and think of the honor it was to touch Purple Glitter Egg. This egg is a winner. This egg is a champion. This egg is supreme. Really now--love it, adore it, and don't be so foolish as to give others a second thought!

Redbud-Tree

Pink Striped Egg
The egg would all but embrace Haveli. There was no fear, no concern, no upset. Though the egg had recently given itself a bit of a shake, its energy and pleasure was no less. Instead, Havlie would feel a jolt of adrenaline and bright, unadulterated, joy. Of course this egg is happy to see Haveli! My, but isn't it pleased she made the trip over. Any worries or cares that the girl might be holding are, for just a moment, brushed away by the egg. All's well that ends well--remember, there's happy enough endings to go around--and that's the truth! For a moment or two, even Haveli might be able to look at the world with a far rosier outlook.

houllow

Gold Striped Egg
Dipsi would get the biggest urge to dance, even as the egg continue to rock, and wriggle. Oh, what a pretty one you are! Why hello there--come to join the party? The egg would encourage the girl, and try to wipe away all those worries and caries along with it. Have some fun, darling and don't you worry about rules or things. You can only live once, so live it up, with Gold Striped!

Sinders Path

Purple Glitter
Now here's someone with good taste! Of course this egg should draw Odellet's attention first. The look of it is nothing short of perfection, and how kind of her to notice. It's a perfect size for the most perfect Egg on Pern. Now, do stick around, and stay close to this egg. No need to go about visiting the rabble. Tell this egg how amazing it is. Tell it, tell it now.

Shaddaling

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 8:33 pm

Suddenly, all of the built up excitement came crashing down around Yellow Swirl Egg. Mama had not said 'you are glowing'. Mama had said 'you're positively luminous in my hearts'. Dimly, it registered...

'You're not glowing'. That was what Mama had said. The egg, which had up until now been convinced that it was practically a star in Pern's skies, gave a wail of anger and distress, rocking where it sat. Candidates who had previously been overwhelmed by the excitement radiating off of it in waves would now be bowled over by a very profound sense of wrong.

I'm NOT GLOWING! the egg cried, its shell practically quivering with infant anger. A disappointment so deep that it could not cope with the emotion through containment, the egg sent that very emotion shooting across the sands in every direction. I'M NOT! I'M NOT SHINY!

... wanna... be... shiny... was the egg's continuous wail, reverberating off of eardrums that could only be found on the inside of the Candidate and watchers' heads. I WAS S'POSED TO BE GLOWING! I WAS S'POSED TA! and it WASN'T! This was the worst tragedy that had surely ever befallen one single egg. It didn't know what to do.

All Alisaide would get in response was a sulking, brooding egg. There were no words except a repeated injunction that it wasn't FAIR, and it was s'posed to be shiny. And it wasn't. It wasn't shiny. It wasn't!

Zaikt
Prism Shine

All Candidates will now be able to feel what this egg is going through. Egg is NOT shiny! If nearby, they may be brought to their knees by a sense of gross injustice and anger. Distance will not impact the strength of the feelings, however.

Black and Rainbow Swirl Egg

I suppose, my dear. I have certainly met a number of people, to be sure. Whether the egg was impressed by this, well, remained to be seen. Thus far it had not been seriously looking, merely exchanging pleasantries for the most part. At her insistence on touching its swirls, it gave her the mental equivalent of a raised eyebrow.

Hattaki

Rose Egg

Oh my. No one's ever asked me before, the egg said, given pause for the moment. The radiant happiness surging from it quieted as it gave the matter some thought. No. I think I shall be perfectly pleased to enjoy life outside of my shell.

Green Pink Striped Egg

Well, the egg was not moved by such words. It had not received its due amount of attention or appreciation, and was inclined to be mildly piqued. Only mildly, though. It was not a dramatic egg, unlike some. Hmph.

Black and Rainbow Swirled Egg

Do you like all of your siblings? the egg asked in return. What a thing to ask an egg! As though it would so rudely reveal to all what feelings it might hold toward its brothers and sisters! But perhaps the question had not been meant that way. I am comfortable enough.

Spotted Green Egg

Oh dear. There were so many Candidates now! I'm fine, the egg said, feeling ever so slightly anxious, and yet wanting to be friendly. Are you... comfortable?

demon_pachabel

If I am, you would hardly expect me to own to such a thing. Was it popular? Or was it simply a large egg? Only time would tell, the egg supposed. But it did not like this commentary, either. Everyone that had lately approached it had all of these remarks, and none of them were seemly.

Orange Galaxy Egg

The egg did not stir. It did not seem to be regarding her in particular, but it did take her measure, all the same. What its opinions might be would for now remain unknown.

Spotted Green Egg

Um. Excuse me. Did you have anything you wanted to say, or was... was this all? the egg asked, trying to allow the candidate a chance to speak to it more directly if he wanted. The egg just wasn't sure what to say in response.

faesinger

Purple and Teal Swirl Egg

If he wasn't finished dancing, by all means, let him finish. The egg found the whole thing terribly amusing, after all. It didn't mind the dancing. In fact, it thought it rather... fun. Hello, it said, regarding him with evident enjoyment. Why did you stop?

Spockat

Rose Egg

Oh! Well! Rose hoped that Trude would not now feel upset and angry because its sibling felt so. Oh dearie, dearie, this won't do. But you're ever so welcome, of course. It was only that there were so many emotions floating about the place.

tatterpixie

Golden Flourish Egg

WELL! That was much better. That's more like it, sugar. But don't you worry your little head. I won't tell anyone what you said the first time. But the egg, it was sure, would not forget, either. If it seemed to be picking up its sibling's agitation, perhaps that could not entirely be helped.

Why this was more the thing, indeed it was. Capital, capital. A pleasure to meet you. Although that was not a direct answer, it was clear that the egg had enjoyed a bit of politeness.

Prism Shine

Orange Galaxy Egg

Dead silence met Savindri's words. Yet the egg was not precisely ignoring him, merely measuring and weighing him. What the egg was looking for was unclear, if it was looking at all.

Meepfur

Orange Galaxy Egg

The egg was quiet. It was unresponsive. It was browsing silently through Aelyx's thoughts with no discernible emotions or intention beyond merely learning her. Measuring her.

MaraRune

Spotted Green Egg

N-not too hot, no. I am quite comfortable, the egg attempted to assure Raiden, although whether it was successful had yet to be determined. Still, it was growing a little agitated by the way its sibling was throwing its emotions about.

Sweet Symmetry

Purple Galaxy Egg

Darling, I am gorgeous. But thank you for noticing. The egg was bursting with confidence, and quiet amusement. The situation did not seem to upset it one bit. Yes, of course. An opportunity to meet so many charming young people? Who wouldn't love it?

Green Pinked Striped Egg

The egg was not impressed by its siblings' behavior. Psh. They are ridiculous. And what else do you suppose I have to look forward to? It was an egg, after all. It was rather stuck at the moment.

SilverLutz

Orange Galaxy Egg

Silence. No response. The egg did not appear to be paying attention, but it did read and weigh Aerden as it had all of the rest.

Golden Flourish Egg

Well, with an attitude like that, who could think otherwise? Sugar plum, if you want to be noticed, act like it. And that was all of the advice the egg had for Bukichi. It did, however, seem somewhat mollified by his response.

Spotted Green Egg

The dragonet within the egg's shell retreated immediately at the force of the man's feelings, for all he had attempted to modulate them. H-hello there. Do you think... you could turn all of that down? it asked, worried that it was being unreasonable.

Tsunake

Rose Egg

I was, yes. But I suppose I've calmed down some. It's just that everyone has been so very kind. The egg had been a bit overwhelmed. Now it was struggling to keep itself balanced with the force of the Yellow Swirl Egg's unhappiness so close at hand.

Zaikt

What was the fascination others held in its shell? Its shell was, after all, merely a shell! It was not the dragonet within. It was... shallow, next to nothing. You may feel as you wish, but I had always supposed that one's most important attributes lay within.

houllow

Golden Flourish Egg

The egg was going to be taken on these ridiculous verbal journeys, wasn't it? Was this all of the imagination the Candidates possessed? I am an egg, waiting to hatch. What do you think? it asked, attempting to contain a mild irritation.

demon_pachabel

Rose Egg

Oh I was, but all of that's rather... difficult to overcome, you know, the egg said gently, doing its best to contain its emotions. The Candidates certainly had not asked to be overwhelmed by such powerful feelings. Still, the sense coming from the egg was very gentle and kind.

Purple and Teal Swirl Egg

For the first time, the egg was a trifle put off. Not to take away from it? Not to take away from it, but? Gold Striped is having a party. If you want to dance, you can do so here, it offered, trying to conceal the hint of jealousy it felt.

Smerdle

Orange Galaxy Egg

Dead silence greeted the Candidate's words. Whether it thought it might remind anyone of its mother was clearly not the egg's concern, as it was focused on measuring the Candidates who touched its shell.

Shaddaling

Would someone, anyone kindly note the egg for something beyond its mere exterior? Was that too much to ask? If it's not too much trouble, I would prefer that my shell not be made so much of. It is only a shell.

Shaddaling

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:01 pm
The sudden change in the air made Turoth's tail twitch just a bit, curling around Khamaith and Baihath. It was soon followed by a wail from Yellow Swirl Egg and a little dragon tantrum ensued, flooding the sands with the indignation and unfairness of it all. The large bronze glanced at Khamaith, hopeful that the young mother wouldn't be too upset by the sudden outburst. Eggs would be eggs, after all. Just as newly hatched dragons would be newly hatched dragons. He was used to this by now but it was all still very new for Khamaith and he didn't want it to overwhelm her.

---

Rundanrul | Western

Finally. An egg that was a pleasure to touch! The young man smirked slightly, quite pleased with how highly the dragon within thought of itself. Now that was more like it! He was going to tell it that the third time was the charm when the overwhelming angst came from Yellow Swirl Egg. Rundanrul grimaced slightly and tried to push down the sensations being forced onto him by the tiny egg.

"Ugh," he muttered quietly, giving the shell of Purple Glitter a fond stroke. He'd remember this egg certainly, and he was curious to see what might come out of it. He did pull away, though, not wanting his rising irritation to sour his nice interaction with the egg. Moving along, he made his way around the clutch to one of the smaller eggs at the bottom. Pressing his hand against Sunset Egg, he tried to block out the wailing coming from across the sands. It was difficult, though, and his tone was a bit waspish as he spoke.

Bit dramatic, isn't it? Not everyone can be shiny.

---

Surel | Western

Surel was quite overwhelmed by the cries of Yellow Swirl Egg, but Purple Galaxy's confidence and amusement helped her block out the waves of emotions surging through the air for a few moments. She took a few deep breaths to try to steady herself, a weak smile on her face as she tried to draw confidence from the baby dragon beneath her hand.

"Well, I'm glad you're enjoying it. I can't wait to meet you." She did move along after that, though, trying to keep the good energy Purple Galaxy had given her. She found herself by another small egg and gently pressed her hand against it's shell. No one had been to Butterfly Egg in quite some time.

"Hello," she said quietly, trying to keep her mind blocked from Yellow Swirl's emotions. It was hard, though, and she bit her lip to keep focus. "I hope you're doing well in there. It's a bit upsetting, hearing your sibling so distraught. I hope they won't be sad for long." While anger and frustration were swirling in the air, Surel was feeling more anxious and nervous than anything else. This could turn the very nice Touching so bad in the blink of an eye...

---

Vimeran | High Reaches

"Shards and shells," Vimeran cursed softly, looking over at the egg he'd just been touching. What on Pern had caused it to act like that? A moment ago it had been so happy. Too happy, in fact. The dragon was clearly quite emotional and Vimeran was glad he'd walked away when he had. The egg beneath his hand didn't seem any more impressed than Vimeran himself, and the reply he got was valid, but left a lot to be desired. Vimeran huffed as he moved from his crouched position, bidding the egg farewell, before moving on to another.

Green Tribal Egg was next on his list, but just as he pressed his hand to the shell another surge of anger came washing over him from Yellow Swirl. Vimeran's rather short temper flared sharply and he withdrew his hand before he could say anything, the boiling rage within him making him back up from the clutch. He grit his teeth, trying to control himself, but Yellow Swirl was triggering every button within him. IT IS NOT. SHINY.

Hoping he hadn't done anything to the poor dragon within Green Tribal, Vimeran remained where he stood, fists clenched, body tense as he tried to override his anger. If Yellow Swirl wasn't settled soon Vimeran knew he'd have to leave.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:07 pm
[Candidate Sivu] [Western Weyr] [He/Him]

Wrapped in warmth - with softhearted joy Sivu lifted his hand. In his heart wishing the little well. These little eggs would soon be hatching and what a marvel they would be. Each of them vibrant little wonders. Love felt like it threatened to burst from his chest. The love for people ballads, for sweet stories. A gentle reminder of those and what he held dear. Sivu let himself bask in it a moment before pressing onward and giving someone else a turn. A certainly a good thing he did. The wave injustice, fevor tightened within him. Eyes cast downward he stuffed it downward. He held on to the warmer thoughts as a candle against the overhwhelming press of negativity. It'd be alright. A steeling breath. A few heartbeats to calm himself. Some baby dragon was not having a good day of things - hopefully the little one would have a much better day tomorrow. If he had to shoulder some of this dear little dragon's burden today, he could handle it.

Sivu had heard F’dral say not to crowd the eggs… this one seemed to have no one by it a while. He slowly made his way over, watching to see if anyone was thinking the same as he was. One other… if he had to move he certainly would. Sivu settled himself carefully by the Butterfly Egg. He tucked his legs under his knees primly and set to rearranging his (now sandy) hair tie. “Is it alright if I sit by you a while, friend? I shall clear this space if you like.”

==

[Candidate Loctius] [Western Weyr] [He/Him]

Loctius gave a particularly widemouthed grin to Purple and Teal Swirl Egg. “Oh so you had seen! “ He honked - laughed loudly to himself a moment. Hopefully he hadn’t looked too stupid giving way to the moment. “So I’ll dance with you dear one.” With a hand still gently touching the shell, he rolled his shoulders in an enthusiastic motions - letting himself move sway from side to side. “Now if I could carry a tune this would be time to sing a little ditty. All dancings better with a harper going. It’s terribly - incredibly fun, you’ll get to see it sometime.”

Now what the heck was this? Loctius physically looked over his shoulder. Dropping his hand from the eggs shell with a whispered apology. Oh, oh dear that would not due at all. He could feel a pit open up in the middle of his stomach. It wasn't this little egg... where? What had happened? He could feel furious tears welling in the corner of his eyes. He wiped them indignantly off on his sleeve, yet still the flowed. Nothing like getting so choked up when upset that not even words could come without tears.

It was just a baby dragon. The candidate master had drilled that into their heads time and time again. They couldn't help it. They were little, they were babies. Loctius was a grown man and that feeling still sucked, so much. Like swimming against the current, feeling small and misunderstood. He wouldn't let it swallow him up... he couldn't. Loctius knew better, truly. He let himself miserably pout and wiped his face again with a frustrated scrub. He might have to go sit out a while to pull himself together. The eggs didn't deserve him coming over and bringing bad vibes along with him.  

Spockat

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:44 pm
(Gonna start alternating which ones need responses to if someone doesn't have a bold egg is on purpose and feel free to completely gloss them over, lmao!)

Amahno - He/Him
Amahno could almost feel the mood dying down behind them, turning back to look towards the Yellow Twirl egg as it's exuberhant mood seemed to immediately collapse. Oh dear! He'd leave his hand lingering on Rose for a few more moments as he took it in, before recoiling his hand for the sake of the little dragonet inside.

He was suddenly really upset and that was not a feeling for little Rose to have to deal with! OooOOoh!

Amahno would need to work it out of his system for a moment.

------

Fahn - She/Her
Clearly someone else was upset they weren't as shining as Glitter was, though, and Fahn found herself looking back at Yellow Swirl, feeling all of the offense - but taking none of it on herself.

But isn't it far more delightful that I got to have a teaser to make me even more excited to meet you? Fahn didn't seem too put off by Purple Glitter's upset that she hadn't come to visit this egg in particular first. After all, she was here and if she didn't enjoy it, she'd have been better suited to leave and perhaps leave them both a little wanting for some fabulousness.

Though Fahn was certainly on the receiving end of more of it. You are so big and stunning! I'm sure your shell is merely a tease for how wonderful you are inside there! I can hardly wait! I could practically swoon! And Fahn actually would swoon for effect, though she was careful to not drape herself over the egg as she did so. That'd be inappropriate.

-------

Josen - He/Him

Bam! Josen could feel the tolerance of the egg under his hand for his not-so-great attempts at flattery followed closely on the heels by another egg throwing itself into tantrum! Oh! Someone was very upset! For a moment, Josen let the tantrum flow, not rushing to see if he could perhaps soothe it.

That would have been mighty presumptuous, after all. But he'd wait a moment before moving to another egg, just in case the lack of being shiny was a bad thought to move on with.

But past this egg was Pink Striped and Josen laid his hand upon it gently. What a day today is - and how lucky are we to get to be here together?

------

Juhvek - He/Him

Juhvek's expression remained unchanging even as Gold Flourish seemed absolutely disappointed in what he had to offer. Though his hand didn't move even as he, like the rest, were hit with the sudden wail of feelings from the Yellow Twirl egg. But his thoughts twisted and turned. Did it really want to know what he thought, in that murky pile that were his thoughts? A place he occasionally fished something substantial from and carefully cleaned up to make presentable?

How much easier was it to just throw out something that was appetizing on the surface and didn't have to have bones pulled from it?

It wasn't that he had anything particularly mean to say, just that he hadn't thought particularly deeply in the first place. He'd rather not, either, pulling his hand away and continuing to walk amongst the eggs to see who he would touch next.

Tsunake

Meepfur

-----

Kadosse - She/Her
Kadosse did like Gold Striped's plan to check out all the lovelies on the sand, and while she knew she shouldn't hang out too long, she'd linger a little bit longer to perhaps get a little bit of an earful on who this egg thought was worth checking out - and for her to share a few pieces of eye candy she'd spotted of her own.

Sigh~ heart

------

Matotoka - He/Him

Black and Rainbow Swirl would receive a perfectly frank answer - My brother and I do not get along. I don't hate him, but his life is complicated because of me. He is happier when I am not near - so I am giving him his space. Which perhaps was why Matotoka was so painfully aware that the eggs were so close to each other and could, perhaps, desire a little distance of their own.

But it was all the better it sounded to have a good spot.

So he'd move on to Teal and Purple Swirl, I seem to have found a beautiful mystery back here - how lovely it is!

----

Papys - He/Him

Papys smiled at Green Spotted's response, stroking it lightly for a little while longer - at least until the explosion of feelings from a tantruming sibling drew his attention away for a while. Oh dear. He pulled his hand back, stepping back from the eggs to stare on for a moment. It certainly wasn't the first time he'd seen an egg get upset, but he felt for it, at least.

He pondered for a moment the best response to it - which was perhaps a task that shouldn't have been left to Papys.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 9:44 pm
Allamor - He/Him

Allamor felt the anguish coming off the egg but he had one under his hand that deserved his attention. “I don’t mean to offend. I look forward to meeting you properly once you have hatched. I believe that you will be as popular then. Even if you don’t want to be so forward as to point it out.” With a pat he moved away.

Allmor debated not moving to another egg. It wouldn’t do to inflict upset on them. He took his measure and decided he was composed enough to touch another egg. He moved to the nearby Orange leopard spot Egg and gently placed his hand on the shell. “I hope this isn’t an intrusion at this moment but I would still like to meet you.”

—-

Nuamia - She/Her

Unbothered by the lack of response, Nuamia told the egg, “Goodbye,” and turned to go to the next egg. She staggered a little as the emotional pain hit her. Aww. That poor dear. Moving to the Yellow Swirl Egg she reached out as if to give it a hug but couldn’t stay on her feet. “Little one. Perhaps your mother will allow me to add glitter to your shell? Would you like that? You would be the one that sparkled in the sun.”
—-

Heleste - She/Her

Oh dear, oh no. The feelings from Yellow Swirl Egg hit Heleste hard. This wasn’t right. Not fair. No. Bad. She was overwhelmed and began backing away from the eggs. She had enough presence of mind to know she shouldn’t be around eggs as the tears started to stream down her face. She looked for F’dral to try and let him know she needed to take a break. It wouldn’t due to upset the eggs even more. No. Eggs needed to be cared for. Happy thoughts. Happy. Not fair.

—-

Remdianori - He/Him

WIth a start Remdianori apologized to the Spotted green Egg. “I’m sorry. I am not good at coming up with small talk sometimes and didn’t want to bother you with inane chatter. The worst thing it to be subjected to the same silly phrases over and over, you know.” And now he was babbling. The feelings washing over the sands was definitely not helping his composure.  

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:05 pm
Tyanan / he, him / Western

The egg bumped against Tyanan's hand, which started him a little. Shells, these were some lively eggs! This was followed by a rush of energy and joy. Happy eggs too! "Yes, I agree, this is how it should be!" he replied with feelings of happiness right back at the dragonet inside. "I think you'll have to wait until your mother thinks you're ready, though." The egg wiggled --

Suddenly a sensation of anger and unfairness hit him, hard. Was it this egg? Was it upset that it couldn't hatch right now? Tyanan saw other candidates wince and bend over, and he realized they were all feeling it. The best he could do was to reassure the little one in the pink-striped egg that everything was alright, that one of its siblings seemed to be upset, and that it was upsetting everyone. With that plus a final wave of focused warmth and love, the young man left the egg, moving to the nearby Black.and Rainbow Swirl Egg. Touching the shell gently, he sent thoughts of love and joy to it, as if to combat the rage that was filling the Hatching Ground. "Are you alright?" he murmured to the infant in the egg. "I hope you're not upset by your sibling..."

Trude / she, her / Western

"Yes," Trude nodded, "so many emotions. Not all nice ones either." Her head hurt from the anger and upset being radiated across the Sands by, she guessed, one of the eggs. She couldn't worry about that now, except to wonder if A'ral was going to call the Touching off now... Shaking her head, the girl turned back to the Rose Egg. "But you seem like a nice egg, such a nice egg. I wish all the eggs were as nice as you."

Reluctantly she stepped away from the egg and turned to another one close by, the Spotted Green Egg. She touched it, hoping against hope this wasn't the angry egg. "Hello," she half-whispered."I was enjoying this Touching, but now... I'm not so sure. Still, I hope you're a nice egg. I don't want to make you angry ..."  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:36 pm
[ candidate alisaide - they/he - HR ]

Oh. Oh no. Something-- Something had happened.

Alisaide could feel a wall of anguish and anger pressing against them, oppressive on all sides--this egg had been wronged, and they didn't know how or why. Had it been them? Did they upset it--? Alisaide could only project apologies, hardly more than feelings in response rather than clear words. Their knees buckled under them, and only the sudden heat of the sands against their skin jostled them back to the present. Their hand had slipped off the egg, and they blinked back tears, biting their lip. It wasn't fair--no, no it wasn't fair. Alisaide gave the egg a long sympathetic look, their heart aching as they slowly dragged themself back up to their feet.

Alisaide backed away from the eggs for a minute, pausing to get their emotions under control before they even dared approaching the clutch again. They had to let it go--the hatchlings were far too young to control their emotions, and if they wanted to keep participating in the Touching, they had to do something about theirs. Once they finally felt stable enough to try, they knew they'd have to choose carefully--this time, they went for an egg far away from the last one they'd touched, coming to a stop at the Sunset Egg.
Alisaide's enthusiasm was still dampened, however, and they found it hard to choose the right words to greet this dragonet. Instead, they stood in silence, awaiting the egg's judgment with only a little trepidation. It was more than they'd have liked to have, but they couldn't shake it for the life of them.

------

[ candidate lyfrocier - he/him - western ]

Was that what it felt like to be spoken to by a dragon? It was so--different. Not unwelcome, but a touch jarring all the same. Lyf gave a quiet, thoughtful hum, reaching up to adjust his glasses before he actually responded. In the meantime, however, something certainly seemed to be happening on the other side of the clutch, and Lyfrocier was silently glad he was over here.
Well, temporary or no, the enthusiasm was nice while it lasted. This egg was polite, and he appreciated that. It was hard to go wrong with a good sense of etiquette. I do hope you can maintain your good mood. Truly, I do.

With that, he stepped away from the Rose Egg, briefly scanning the clutch for his nest stop--the Purple Glitter Egg seemed the perfect choice, and he delicately picked his way through the candidates and eggs until he could reach out and touch its shell.
Hello--? Lyfrocier still hadn't decided how to address the eggs, and he bemoaned the fact to himself for a brief moment. If he wanted to make a good first impression, he really ought to sort that out sooner rather than later. You're rather impressive. It's a shame you can't see what color your shell is, but I'm sure it pales in comparison to you within it.  

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

PostPosted: Wed Jun 03, 2020 10:54 pm
Well that was fair, Etansi had asked a stupid question and at the egg's questioning mental eyebrow raise she snapped her hand back and bowed to the little egg nervously. "Did not mean offense, sorry." She stated, her voice shaking just a bit, but the shake was not because of her nervousness, no this was nothing compared to facing people wanting to kill you and she'd seen that up close before.

No, her voice shook from the pure and unfiltered anger at injustice that had been done, an anger that she knew so deeply that it actively festered within her and sent her blood instantly boiling. Turns of fighting not to show that very anger, or using it as a shield to avoid any other emotional slip that might give away a part of her that wasn't sharpened enough to defend herself didn't help as much as she wanted it to and Etansi finally admitted that she'd gone a little soft.

"M... Ma." She mumbled to her deceased caretaker as she stepped away from the egg she'd been standing near and slumped to her knees on the sands in what was transferring away from anger and into sadness. Sadness she could at least deal with, but as she went to stand back up again lest she be yelled at, her hand that was working to steady herself, her scarred and damaged hand, touched the shell of an egg. The Orange Leopard Spot Egg.

Her whole body froze, one knee still on the sands. "Sorry. So s-sorry." She whispered, her eyes wide with tears finally flooding over in her surprise and ran down her dark cheeks. "Didn't mean to hurt you, are you okay?" The feelings were still bubbling in her chest but the only thing that she let herself feel was apologetic and kind, a tinge of regret for her actions. Luckily for her she hadn't leaned into it, but to place her hand on it without very tempered emotions that were warm and kind was horrible of her.

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff