Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Khamaith's Hatching] The Best of Life [Open] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:30 pm
Finnisa—High Reaches—She/Her
"Well, you know, ideally I won't be allowed to drink after this, but I think that's everyone here's hope." A vague glance around at the rest of the white-clad crowd. If dragons were wishes then, what, 80. 90. 100% of those here would be riders? Probably every one of them. But there were only so many dragons to be hatched, and inevitably there'd only be so many chosen. More than half, most, even, would be left to live it up at the feast and wait to try again. "I suppose, of I'm left standing again, I might just a little. The dancing's always fun though, and I'll probably want to indulge in whatever Western's known for that High Reaches might not have as much of or as often, in terms of food." Wine was fine, but other than for the buzz of it... well, she'd never cared much for the taste.

Of course, a moment later all thoughts of dancing OR drinking went spinning away along with one of the eggs! It crashed into a pack of candidates, sending them toppling, and for the barest flicker of a moment the thought that maybe someone ought to invent a game that went something like that passed through Finn's mind... and then away again, as she craned her neck to see if those knocked down were getting up alright. "Not every day you see that... but I'm sure the hatchling will come out as lively as ever, if a bit dizzy...!"  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:33 pm
Niviora - She/Her - Western

“I found a remarkably fun way to go down the stairs besides, y’know, walking.” She shrugs, eyeing her friend slightly before shrugging. “Healers didn’t think it was anything too bad -- nothing worth missing the hatching for, at least.” Though as she eyed the teal glow egg as it bowled candidates over, she briefly wondered if not having all of her mobility might especially hinder today...

----

Dystzha - She/Her - Western

Anything that would’ve come out of her mouth to her companions was drowned out by candidates jumping out of the way. Curiosity replaced carefulness, and she’s barely able to see the spinning shell of Teal Glow before she’s spinning and landing in the hot sand. The eep out of her mouth is followed by a slight gagging noise, trying to get the sand out of her mouth. Ew, ew, ew…

But the egg just kept rolling, and she waved goodbye to the egg before sitting up. Ouchies. She eyed her leg, a bit sore and probably be a nice bruise, but nothing terrible. Glancing at Surel, Etansi, and Sivu, she gathered herself onto her feet before offering hands to help fellow candidates up. “Everyone okay?”

---

Shoxiel - He/His - Western

He broached a smile for his younger brother, needing to remember to breathe and not just focus on internal happy -- he had to show that friendliness too. “We got a good spot --” He’s cut off, distracted by the sound of shell cracking. Split in two, revealing a bronze as the first hatched. He’s unable to help the bit of surprise, but shifts it quickly to warm welcome -- even if the baby made himself comfortable. All in due time, he supposed.

---

Iskernyk - He/His - Unaffiliated Standidate

Iskernyk gave a bark of a laugh, unable to stop the beaming smile. Maybe a little of the flutter in his heart wasn’t just the excitement of babies hatching, of the deep, echoing hum of dragons all around him. “I wouldn’t dare not see my favorite green and not play her something.” His gaze ghosted affectionately over Cyxiiryniadrith up in the ledges, before back to K’ent. “I have the best seat in the whole cavern.” There’s a mild conspiratorial gleam in his eye -- surrounded by good company.

The arrival of T’sar had only bolstered his spirits, scooting a touch closer to K’ent -- not like there was much room to begin with -- to give T’sar a smidge more he could afford. “When I have such a great invitation, and handsome company? How could I ever refuse?”

But then there were babies hatching, and Iskernyk shut his mouth just long enough to see the bronze hatch…! And then curl up. “Bronzes are good luck, right?” He glanced between his rider companions for confirmation. A touch confused, but he looked healthy at least.

”Spockat”

”SilverLutz”

”Hattaki”

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

dawns_aura

Peaceful Demigod

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:33 pm
Lelte

Well, that was a little different. She had seen eggs rock and dance and move, but never one that quite rolled over people like that. How...entertaining. She only hoped that the baby inside was ok.

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 pm
Etansi

Just about to respond to Sivu that she did indeed look forward to seeing his 'bad' drawing, Etansi got a glance at the first egg she'd ever touched right as it...

Ran her over.

Sand was in her mouth, her head was smashed into Sivu's stomach and the rest of her splayed over the heat of the sands beneath her. There had been absolutely no time to roll out of the way, that was what she got for lowering her guard and not paying enough attention. Her head smacked into the sands as Sivu stood up and dusted himself off and Etansi set about spitting the grains from her mouth as she rose to her sandaled feet once more. Her head was ringing faintly.

"Is definitely.. new." Her body felt as though it had been knocked around in a rock slide, eggshells were certainly hard. "Sorry, wasn't paying enough attention, could have warned." She apologized to those around her, to her friends.

SilverLutz

Spockat

Prism Shine

Hattaki
Crew

Lonely Phantom

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:36 pm
Josen

Josen elbowed Serrekhar again as the first egg hatched, grinning widely. "He doesn't look too excited to be out here with us, but look at 'im! He's beautiful!" and where was the lie? He'd think the same thing of every baby that hatched, but it was still true.

Faranth, hatchings were exciting!

----

Matotoka

There was an egg on the loose and Matotoka was very pointed in avoiding its path - though it seemed some weren't so fortunate as to not get tumbled over by the little one. "How many points do you think running over a candidate is?" he asked himself. Were there points?  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:40 pm
Rian - she/her - HR

The first of the eggs had hatched, and--- well, she hadn't expected it to be the butterfly egg that did, but somehow it didn't strike her as surprising that it had. The mind that hadn't wanted her bothering it did seem the sort to go about things at its own pace, after all. That he was a bronze in such a tiny egg, on the other hand... well, that she definitely hadn't expected! He'd probably find His at his own pace, too.

In the meantime, other eggs were moving, including teal glow which... was running over people. She was torn between concern for the candidates hit --- because that looked like it hurt, not that she had any idea what getting run over by an egg felt like --- and amusement because it was obvious that the baby inside that shell was having a great time, and that was so cute and precious and she hoped it would hatch and find its soon. If it was that excited, surely it would find who it belonged with pretty quickly once it hatched!

... If it didn't make itself dizzy first, anyway.  

Wylde Roses

Unleashed Healer

23,525 Points
  • Waffles! 25
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Overstocked 200

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:42 pm

All of this excitement was too much for one small egg! The Yellow Swirl egg simply... exploded! Inside was revealed a brown dragonet, curled up into a tiiiiny ball. HELLO! he shouted, excitement ringing from his every syllable - not that there had been many.

Prancing up directly to the Candidates, the Yellow Swirl brown peered up at them with eyes that whirled happy blues and greens. Hello! Hello, hello I'M HERE!

... Did you miss me?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:47 pm
Fahn

And there...well..he...was! How exciting! Fahn continued to bounce from foot to foot, throwing her hands up excitedly in fanfare for the newly hatched Yellow Swirl Brown. "Here you are!" she all but cheered - and since she was alone, nobody could complain about it thank you very much!

"I did! Hello!" she beamed right back, delighted. What a day! What a start! Would any Candidate say otherwise to such an adorable baby? Oh, she certainly hoped not!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Spockat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:48 pm
Loctius - [He/Him] - Western Weyr

Loctius watched the brown hatch. So excited! So ready for the world! He watched the dragon prance. “Look at them, so happy -” Loctius whispered to his brother. "Of course they were missed! Look how much life you brought to this little party!"

Prism Shine

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:49 pm
Candidate Omurntas he/him - Western

Omurntas wondered which egg would hatch first. While Teal Glow was putting in a good effort, was it really enough? Time would tell. Butterfly and Yellow Swirl were also putting in competition. Any of them could be first, or one of the quiet ones. But it was gentle Butterfly who showed up first. Omurn raised a curious eyebrow as the bronze went to curl up by himself. Well, looked like some poor candidate was going to have to wait awhile.

Teal Glow wasn't nearly as indifferent as its sibling bronze. The egg bowled into candidates before it had even hatched. Wasn't that putting the fruit before the tree? Then Yellow Swirl just exploded apart to leave a brown hatchling just curled in a ball. Omurn watched curiously as the brown gave the candidates the attention the bronze didn't feel they deserved.

Candidate Bionden she/her - Western

She tried to not let the little bit of nerves she did have show. Bionden knew that while this was her last chance to have a dragon of her own, she would be happy if at least one of her siblings impressed. She hoped her father wouldn't be too disappointed in her, but it was what it was. The dragons knew best. Bionden was sure she could find some sort of work at the Weyr.

For now though that was in the future. She focused on the wobbly eggs as the young dragons tried to break free. It was Teal Glow Egg that was really putting it's all into it! Bion cheered the dragon on silently. Others were also moving and she gave them equal encouragement. Not that any of them needed it really. An aloof bronze started the hatching off.

She winced as poor Teal Glow rocked itself right down a hill and into some candidates. They'd have some knocked shins for sure! "Ah, look at them," a handsome brown made his debut to the candidates, trotting right up to greet some.

Sweet Symmetry

magnadearel

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:51 pm
Dystzha - She/Her - Western

Though there was still concern about her friends, Dystzha’s gaze drifted to the sounds of another egg cracking -- that little Yellow Glow! Ohhh, he was a brown! “Look, look -- second hatched!” She’s excitedly flapping a hand towards her friends, unable to help the bounce in her step. “Hi there, sweet one! Of course we missed you!” And he seemed in much better spirits since the touching.  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:52 pm
Rykin

Before he could stifle himself, Rykin let out a rather merry chuckle. It seemed like these infants didn't need claws to cause trouble either. With a quick glance to make sure that the candidates Teal Glow had run over weren't too injured, he allowed himself to continue smiling as he watched the egg's antics. A lovely bronze had appeared on the sands as well, quiet but still good luck. Surely nothing would go too wrong today. One could hope, at least.

His smile grew wider at the appearance of the giddy brown. They had never met, but he would tell the dragon he had been missed if that was what he wanted. Rykin directed a wave of happiness as his greeting, his arms relaxing at his sides.

Brenley

He rose a little on his tiptoes as the dark egg cracked so precisely, but when Bren saw the sparkling hide of the first hatchling to grace the sands, he felt his stomach drop as he lowered himself back to flat feet. He was a lovely dragon, good luck for the weyr, but the thought of riding bronze... of all those people who would want to make inane small talk just to be seen... frankly it made him want to—

Brenley jumped in place, the force with which the Yellow Swirl brown burst onto the scene more than enough to pull him from his thoughts. He brought a hand to his chest as if to slow his suddenly racing heart from the outside.

Smerdle

Scamp

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:57 pm
Z'haq of Bronze Eorawth

"WOOHOO!" Z'haq whooped and slapped En'cai's shoulder. "A bronze is first shelled! Shards, I wish I'd wagered on that happening." Still, he was pleased. Not only was it a good sign for the Hatching, the little bronze from the Butterfly Egg was number one of his three-bronze bet. Now all the little one had to do was Impress a Candidate from Western...

Then suddenly one of the eggs started rolling at breakneck speed through the Candidates, mowing some of them down. "That's going to hurt in the morning..." he chuckled as a very happy little brown hatched from the Yellow Swirl egg. Silently he hoped that all this was a good sign that there wouldn't be too much mayhem this Hatching.

Samuel Carlin

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 8:58 pm
Rundanrul - Western

When Butterfly was the first egg to push out of his shell, the shine of bronze instantly attracted Rundanrul's attention. He'd touched the egg briefly just after its sibling had set everyone off and...well, it hadn't been the purple sparkly egg, but it hadn't been awful, either. The bronze didn't seem to care much for those gathered and quite frankly, Run couldn't blame him. He watched mildly as Teal Glow ran down a group of Candidates on the other side of the sands, giving a little snort of amusement. None of them appeared too hurt, just more startled, so a laugh wasn't amiss.

A brown came from the Yellow Swirl egg and Rundanrul might have given it an appreciative look if it hadn't been so upset at the touching. Browns were acceptable to him, but there was a bronze on the sands that drew his eye back to it quickly.

---

Surel - Western

The little group had grown to four, but Surel was too intent on the eggs before them. Butterfly shook and cracked and she gave a soft 'aw' as a cute little bronze appeared. He wouldn't ever look at her, but she could still appreciate the lucky first hatch!

...appreciate him so much she missed Teal Glow making a wobbly beeline for her and the group she was with. The approach was swift and the tapered end of the egg caught her legs, sending her onto her back with a surprised yelp. She laid there for a moment to ensure nothing was broken or bleeding before she pushed herself to a seated position, blinking over at Etansi, Sivu, and Dystzha who were all on the sands as well. Oh my...

Taking the offered hand from Dystzha, Surel clambered back to her feet while trying to discretely brush the sand off her backside. Teal Glow had left a trail in the sand in its wake and she hoped it wouldn't meet the edge of the sands before it decided to come to a stop.

"Thanks," she said, her cheerful voice a bit more subdued now thanks to the surprise. "Yeah, I'm good. Guess we were all a little distracted." Another distraction appeared as a brown emerged from Yellow Swirl, and the aches and pains in her leg and back were chased away by how cute he was.

---

Vimeran - High Reaches

Vimeran looked at Niviora with an expression that clearly read 'you're hopeless', lips pressed thin and eyes just a bit dead. She fell. Down stairs. A full-grown adult woman fell down stairs and rolled her ankle badly enough that she was limping. Faranth help her. And him. He was standing next to her.

"You're useless, you know?" he said dryly, knowing full well that insults between them were signs of concern while nicknames like - ugh- Sunshine were used to torment and tease. Nearby a group of Candidates was tackled by and egg and a bronze and a brown were introduced to the sands, but Vimeran wasn't particularly interested in either of them. The bronze would make himself known later, right now he seemed to want to keep to himself, and the brown had caused some not so pleasant reactions within Vimeran on the sands. If either came over he'd be polite, but he wasn't about to try to call them to him.

---

T'sar

T'sar huffed in amusement at Iskernyk blatant flattery, but he did lift a hand to flick his hair back over his shoulder, his posture impeccable as he crossed one leg over the other.

"I realize sitting between two specimens such as us is difficult for you, Iskernyk, but do try to focus on the sands? And yes, generally thought to be a sign of good fortune."

Hattaki

Prism Shine

Spockat

SilverLutz

Offensive Hero

Spockat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 28, 2020 9:15 pm
K’ent of green Cyxiiryniadrith

T’sar made him laugh. Oh he liked this one! “Oh no please continue, you know how I enjoy flattery Isk.” He gave them a soft nudge to the side. “Bronzes are good luck” K'ent paused and looked towards the asymmetrical green of his with amusement. “However, Cyxiiryniadrith has me under penalty of death that first born greens are also the best of luck. “ It was Western Weyr for Faranth’s sake, but he couldnt let that little hopeful bit of folklore rest.

SilverLutz

Prism Shine

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 39 40 41 42 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas