Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Anakumath's Hatching] From a Little Spark May Burst a Flame Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Spockat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:03 pm
"Do stand here. I don't mind." Rahmsii shrugged to Dalini. She was a familiar face from lessons, from High Reaches. It was certainly better than standing alone and feeling a bit silly. He made a point to move just a bit, as if to give her a bit of his view.

The Moocow egg wiggled - it had been one of those he touched. Rather touched, and he was let off with a warning. He watched with curiosity. Today was their hatching day - perhaps the baby within would be in better spirits with a stretch of their legs. One could hope.

Oh how darling! He nudged Dalini, just in case she missed it. The first to hatch was a lovely little green. Curious eyed and nuzzling her mother! Many of her siblings rocked back and forth. "Which next you think?"

'Prism Shine'

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:05 pm
Jemaselle Jemi- High reaches- She /Her

It was another hatching and she wasn't able to round up her usual enthusiasm. Jemi sighed, laying a broad hand over the tight braids of her best friend's head, bending down to look him in the eye. "You going to be okay?" She questioned she had to change but she needed to know. This was important too.

Whren exhaled, becoming a bit smaller before nodding. "Yeah, its for the best right now, till I straighten out some things... get going Jemi, before you end up late." He ducked away from her hand, motioning her onwards. "I'll be watching you."

"Better be, you little s**t." She called and let herself be carried off with the excited crowd back to the barracks to change into her robe and sandals. It was going to be fine. Now it was just time to get out there and stand tall and proud. She walked out with the others till the clutch came into focus. It was the clutches time, and a lapse of focus could make her end up dead.

She pushed that thought away and settled near by, watching the eggs shake and move and ooh. Well, a lovely green was out first. Nice.  

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:06 pm
Moo Cow Egg
The egg continued to wriggle back and forth, its wobbling becoming half-frantic. In fact, its heavy rocking eventually had it dislodging itself from its wallow, and down the egg rolled---right into the Funfetti Egg that had wobbled ever-so-closer.

CRACK!

The black and white egg split in two, with what appeared to be a red-eyed brown dragon coiled up within. His fangs were bared, and without hesitation, it swiped hard at Funfetti, growling its displeasured, and biting hard into its shell. He shook his neck, like he was taking down some prey, before kicking at the egg and turning to glower at those nearby.

Someone wasn't happy...
Someone wasn't happy at all.

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:07 pm
Momentarily distracted by nuzzles from Mama and Papa, the little Blue Moon green gave a cheep of delight, and leaned up to return them again. I did it, Daddy! she informed Elzebuth, peering up into his much, much larger face. It was hard an' I had to be fast, but I did it! And now she was reaping the rewards of such hard work!

But the happy moment could not last long. Not when there were other eggs wobbling on the Sand. Wait! the little baby cried, a note of dismay entering her voice. Weren't they gonna wait a little longer? She wasn't ready! She didn't want to share.

Yet Lisa Frank gave another loud crack. The eggs on the Sands really seemed ready to hatch at any moment. Creeling, Blue Moon stared at the Candidates. No, no, don't look at them! Look at me! I did it first!

Sheer, utter betrayal. Moo Cow had hatched! Whyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy?

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:09 pm
Haveli

A green was on the sands now, the first to hatch, and Haveli was all too aware of how High Reaches with their traditional (and faintly superstitious) ways may view that. For the candidate it was a good sign - greens could and would Impress women after all - so she took it more as a "This one could mine".

It could also be Finn's - hadn't this been the egg the other woman enjoyed? It would be fitting then, if they matched. Haveli wanted something a bit....well. She'd keep those thoughts so low, so very low, while sending out feelings of neutrality and welcome.

Melka got a wave, when Haveli managed to notice her. A small bob of the head was her reply, as she didn't feel any movements on the sand would lead to good things for her in particular.

Uta
ShinosBee

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:13 pm
Oh!

The impact had sent a rather large fracture across the front of Funfetti Egg's shell, and while their brother had done a lot of damage to the shell and had been making a rather large huff and a puff about it.... the little blue head that poked it's head out of the carnage was all green eyed and chipper to boot!

But then he saw how Blue Moon was reacting to Moo Cow's appearance and well...

pulled his head right back in for the time being. Hmm. You just let me know when it's okay!  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:14 pm
RhyluneShe-her- High Reaches

Rhylune was ready for this! She was dressed and her hair was braided back and out of her way and it was time for eggs! She rushed out with the others, a bundle of energy and good thoughts and omg hi eggs. She giggled sort of unsure how she ended up with those surrounded her but it didn't matter.

There was going to be babies. "She so cute isn't she?" She whispered to the person nearest to her. C something? She was new, Rhylune was certain of it. "Ooh, Hi, I'm Rhylune."

And then a second egg hatched. "Ooh, look at him." She shifted on her toes, getting a better look at the moo cow brown. Feisty.

demon_pachabel
Hi ceta

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:15 pm
Divisti She/her - High Reaches

She shifted closer to Beelim so they could talk a little easier. “It can be hard to pick one.” Divisti mused. “Especially when you know another might choose you.” She smiled at the little green dancing around the sands. “Look at her go.” It wasn’t long before more eggs were wiggling and a very angry brown exploded from his egg. “Oh dear.” She said, almost deadpan. This could go so many ways. “Looks like we have a temperamental one.” And an adorable blue!

demon_pachabel
Beelim

faesinger

Predestined Cultist

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:17 pm
This was utterly UNACCEPTABLE now! Someone else had hatched before it? How dare they cut into Eggplant's spotlight! Didn't they know who they were dealing with here?
Eggplant kicked at its shell with all its might, pushing and writhing--and with one resounding crack, the offending shell split open in a cascade of fragments. The little Blue within stood tall and proud, spreading his wings wide with what he believed was an absolutely majestic bugle; it sounded a bit more reedy than he imagined, honestly, but it was the thought that counted.

May I redirect your attention to me, now that I've made my entrance? The Blue tossed his head, sauntering out of the remains of his egg and toward the Candidates as confidently as any Bronze. Seeing as I'm here, you don't have to save the best for last. Isn't that lucky?  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:20 pm
This is it. The moment they've been waiting for.

With a sharp crack, the Lisa Frank Egg split its egg into two... revealing a resplendent bronze hide. Was there truly any surprise that the egg had been holding a metallic? Surely not. If Eggplant thought he was something to gawk at, well... let him eat his hearts out.

Gracefully, the first bronze of Anakumath and Elzebuth's clutch picked his way delicately through the rubble around him... and stood in sheer splendor to survey the mess his siblings had made. Hello Mother. Father.

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

Meepfur
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:27 pm
Now was it time? A variety of its siblings were free of their shells, so...would now be the appropriate time? In the most movement it had displayed yet, Red and White Toadstool tipped a little to the side, towards its mother. Should it...?

No, no, it should allow the others time. But...but it did have someone to find.

Well, it would wait just a little longer. It was only proper. Lisa Frank in particular deserved his due.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:32 pm
Vannek

It was as if someone had lit a fire under the sands and covered it with popping corn. Where there had been one green, there were now no less than five little dragons posturing, strutting, hiding, raging, or standing still in an array all around them. Vannek didn't know where to look, so he gave them all their due, keeping Moo Cow's position in mind at all times. If anyone was going to scrape someone's face off, it would be the brown.

Smerdle

Scamp

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:33 pm
Whren He - Him/ High Reaches- out of the way

Whren found a spot to settled into feeling awkward in his clothing as he settled out of the way. He had some searching to do and he had gotten a shaky start... not finished yet though. Well... he had time.

He scratched Petite, she and Emblem had taken advantage to overtake his lap, a tangled mass of green hide and wings and tails, tucked in for snuggles. He gave a weak smile and turned to watch the hatching. There was quite a few out on the sands now. Green, a pair of blues, a brown... that did not seem at all please, and a bronze.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:36 pm
Hunthyex - He/Him

Oh, and wasn't she a delight? "Spirited and pretty." He murmured to his companion, unable to help a smile at the sight of the green's pride. Unfortunately, it all seemed to go downhill rather quickly as an angry brown was helped in hatching by his sibling.... only to sink his fangs into the offending eggshell. "Ah."

Two blues, and a bronze--and if Hunthyex's eyes lingered on the latter, well, he had very much enjoyed speaking with it. Still, he saw no reason to ignore the little green. She sounded absolutely heartbroken.

Smerdle

Oranie - She/Her

Oh, oh dear... Oranie had been utterly charmed by the green, but it was the brown that caught her eyes now. More and more dragons were hatching, but she'd never seen a baby bite like that... "Goodness." She breathed, trying not to feel too uneasy.

Meepfur

demon_pachabel

Miomellai - She/Her

Miomellai couldn't help but admire the little green, already taken with everything about her. "Maybe that's your brown." If she couldn't see the sheer strength of the hatchling, she might have been tempted to laugh at just how angry he seemed! But that was definitely a predator, and even if he was a baby, Miomellai had no doubt he could rip her to shreds if he so chose.

demon_pachabel

Jihiro - He/Him

He whistled admiringly at the sight of the green. "She's got spunk!" He agreed, utterly cheered by her victory. Good for her! Ah... but it didn't seem to last long, and his brows raised as the brown baby seemed most displeased to have been popped out of its shell! "Man, he looks just as grouchy as you get sometimes." He nudged Kahbrohm with an elbow, making an admiring sound at the sight of a little blue head, a blue that was posing, and.... ah, the first bronze!

demon_pachabel

Chakuri - She/Her

"Oh, that'd be so hard to pick... There were so many nice personalities!" Annnnnd, then so many babies began to pop out of their shells! One did not seem pleased, and Chakuri felt herself growing a little nervous. "M-Maybe he wanted to sleep in a little more..."

Meepfur

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

Prism Shine

Fanatical Egg

PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2020 6:38 pm
Dalini - HR - She/Her

“Thank you so much.” It was such a good spot to watch the hatching, and the girl can’t help but beam as he made some room for her. But his nudge had her looking immediately, and it was all she could do to not coo over the little green. Oh, how utterly adorable she was!

Which was next, though. “I think--”

It didn’t really matter what she thought, as eggs began to crack open everywhere. The moo cow egg hatching into an angry brown, and his neighbor attacked and unveiled a blue. The eggplant was another, bombastic blue, and -- oh! From one of the shells she had touched came a bronze! Oh how wonderful.

“I think, maybe… Oh, perhaps the little egg there?” She pointed to the toadstool egg, for she’d seen it rock a few times.

Spockat

Dystzha - Western - She/Her

“I’d be about ready to get out of such a little area, too.” Her gaze kept jumping between the rocking eggs; the Eggplant egg was wiggling, and if she squinted, maybe saw the first signs of cracking. The Corn egg wasn’t moving quite yet. It seemed to be a race on whether the Lisa Frank egg or the Blue Moon would hatch first.

Dystzha gasped as the first egg finally yielded, and the little egg-goop covered green posed so quickly out of the shell. “Oh, look at her. Spirited little thing, isn’t she?” Positively darling, too, as she received affection from both her parents.

And… Oh, dear. The Moo Cow egg had broken open, and the brown within was looking… less than pleased. She found herself hedging her shoulder in front of Surel, just a bit, for she wanted her to see and be seen. But it didn’t hurt to be prepared, did it?

Oh, the blue in the funfetti egg was next, followed by the egg plant egg revealing a darling blue, and the first bronze from lisa frank. Though her gaze lingered on Eggplant Blue, unable to stop herself from grinning. Handsome little thing, wasn’t he?

Valian - HR - He/Him

The bluntness of the statement has Valian almost shocked, though he can’t help but nod. “You’re.. You’re right.” It was a good way of looking at it, but didn’t luck also play a factor in baby claws possibly digging in?

Though he had grown up knowing the presence of the bronze, Valian still straightened out a touch at Rekoriath’s presence. Yet he can’t help but feel that much happier at such praise; his fear from the past weeks was but a blip -- just to make the pair that mattered so much to the young candidate proud meant so much.

Valian nodded up at the older Western candidate, still trying to keep his shoulders a bit more square. “I just aged in a couple months ago.” And oh, how time had flown. “I’m Valian, who are --”

His train of thought is cut short as the eggs began to explode into activity -- first, the sweet green had hatched. The moo cow egg was next, and he found his breath catching at the ire in the brown’s eyes. The blue in the funfetti egg had the right idea, hiding back in his shell.

SilverLutz

Tuelarua of Green Palouseth

She was nervous, and she could admit that -- quietly, to Palouseth. Her boyfriend and her.. Friend? Miela would be down upon the sands, and it was almost an interesting juxtaposition to suddenly be looking down from the stands instead of filing in with the rest of the candidates. Her graduation was mere weeks away, and yet here she was, nervous and excited in the same breath to see if those so close to her would find luck today.

I don’t regret you having a different view this time. Palouseth’s curl of a voice was excited but comfortable, tucked under Cartujanth’s chin. She was utterly delighted to meet her little cousins, eyes bright but such depths of blue and purple.

’And neither do I, beloved. I certainly prefer this position.’ But she hoped her dearest ones would be safe, though one never knew with baby dragons. Tuela could only project welcoming thoughts, and held onto the pleasant thought of possibly meeting Rahmsii’s or (maybe and!) Miela’s dragon. Her hand gently stroked down Sky’s back, settling back against her seat as the eggs rocked to-and-fro. Yet she almost jumped as Blood appeared before her, gently plucking the chittering, grumpy brown and pulling him close and a feather from his mouth. “Hush, love. I’ll give you a treat if you relax.

Oh, the first to hatch! A spirited little green, what a darling. She smiles, her bias clear for her own dragon.

Ky’ess of Blue Hiraeth

Oh, look at them all. Mine, look. The little blue had managed to find a seat on a small ledge, peering down with such love for his cousin and her children. Oh, he loved hatchings, and his excitement to meet his growing family had only grown since Ana had started to circulate the hatching sands.

Oh, the cold bit, but Hiraeth’s near Rukbat-radiating warmth certainly helped, and even the stands still held some warmth that the sands did. ’Why don’t you tell her that?’

O-oh.. Perhaps later.. She is… certainly very busy now. An egg had hatched! Oh, darling little green cousin.

’And a spirited one, at that.’ Though his heart could melt from her racing to cuddle her mama.  
[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 22 23 24 25 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff