Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] Western Weyr
[Cocktail Clutch Lesson] Between Moonlight [Open!] Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit
Uta rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:46 pm
You manage to make it to the proper Hold, but you're struggling to find the Weyrlingmaster's Assistant. It is awfully dark, and clouds have hidden one of the moons. Roll a D10:  
Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 19 Total: 19 (1-20)
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 5:58 pm
Redoubt Hold, Western Hold, Whitecliff Weyrhold, Dust Sun Hold, Black Sands Hold, Paradise Falls Hold
Feeling: Cautious -- now Unconfident
Ribbons: +3
XP: +1 Luck
+3 Anywhere XP
- - - -
Where R'thell had felt they were feeling better, poor Triesteth was distracted or, at least, still a bit on edge. The man had just begun to visualize their next destination when Triesteth surprised him and made the jump--well before he'd been comfortably ready.

His gasp disappeared even as the cold of Between caught him off guard. Was this it? Were they lost? Triesteth! He called out, suddenly very alarmed that this would be it. Did she know where they were going?

He had forgotten to count his breath, even as panic gripped him. This wasn't what he--

A blast of dry desert wind suddenly blew into him, causing him to splutter in both relief and surprise. They were alive. He was both joyous and concerned, but Triesteth at least seemed to be somewhat aware that she had done something wrong.

I'm sorry, Mine! I. I thought. I--I didn't mean to. I just saw the coordinate and thought we were ready. She tried to apologize, even as she sent assurance through their link. Her creel of shame was enough for R'thell.

"No, no, it's okay. I just... I didn't expect it. Let's just wait for the signal next time, all right?" He was less angry and more spooked, but he did want to be firm. At the end of the day, it was just an accident.

Their victory was a bit more subdued, even as they went to procure their ribbon.

Riojeth, sistermine, I... I messed up. I blinked Between too soon, and though we're all right, I think Mine is upset. I do hope you're having a better time of it than I am. The little green sent a wave of affection to her sister, with only a small touch of despair.

Clearly, she was the worst green to ever green.

magnadearel

- - - -
notes:
roll1 - You manage to make it to the proper Hold, but you're struggling to find the Weyrlingmaster's Assistant. It is awfully dark, and clouds have hidden one of the moons. Roll a D10: It takes a while, and you're not sure where to go -- but eventually you spot the green rider assistant who grants you a ribbon. Phew! You almost thought about giving up. Obtain your ribbon!

roll 2-- npc collision course and confidence drop by1 (western hold or npc) xxx + Hopping Between isn't the problem for this stop You get to where you need to go without trouble, and are able to seek out the weyrlingmaster and obtain that ribbon. Why did they think this was a challenge?

roll 3 -- You manage to make it to the proper Hold, but you're struggling to find the Weyrlingmaster's Assistant. It is awfully dark, and clouds have hidden one of the moons. Roll a D10: You wind up flying in circles. Having your dragon move lower, you get a bit too close and a sudden gust of wind causes you to almost crash into the tops of some tall trees. How embarrassing. You simply can't find them. Discouraged, you move on-- without a ribbon.

Roll 4 -- Once again, you're feeling pretty confident about this whole thing! You give your dragons coordinates and: Unconfident You are feeling better than you had in any prior jump, but your dragon spooks and hops Between before you were ready. Thankfully, your coordinates were clear enough you don't get lost--but it definitely jars you! How lucky was that? Maybe try not to repeat that though. +1 Luck Gain a ribbon.

Roll 6: V'ime and Rhodonth xxx

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 15 Total: 15 (1-20)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:08 pm
B'den and Green Riojath
Exchange with the brown complete. Riojath asked for her next set of coordinates. Where are we going this time Mine? The young green asked eagerly. They were almost one for the night! That'll be Dust Sun Hold. B'den confirmed after a moment. She checked her coordinates, and then passed them to the dragon.

Riojath hummed and made the jump. They popped out above the correct Hold. Easy peasy! They claimed their fifth ribbon. Just one more to go. Not bad. Soon we'll be back in our own beds.

Quote:
15-16 You are certain of your coordinates, and give them to your dragon.

Roll a D4:
---1-3 You come to appear over the correct Hold, with little trouble. That's how this is done, woohoo! Gain a ribbon! Your confidence score goes up by one, if possible. If this is your third time rolling this prompt during this game, gain a +1 Between Accuracy score.

Route: Western Hold, Redoubt Hold, Paradise Falls Hold, Whitecliff Weyrhold, Dust Sun Hold, Black Sands Hold
Confidence Level: Very confident
Ribbons: 5
XP Points: +2 Between Accuracy

magnadearel rolled 1 4-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-4)
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:10 pm
evil  

magnadearel

Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:26 pm
Redoubt Hold, Western Hold, Whitecliff Weyrhold, Dust Sun Hold, Black Sands Hold, Paradise Falls Hold
Feeling: Cautious -- now Unconfident - now Very Unconfident
Ribbons: +4
+3 Anywhere XP
- - - -
R'thell wasn't sure what happened when they next went Between. One minute they were above Dust Sun Hold, the next they were at Black Sands -- but way too low for a rider's reentry. Not only did Triesteth squeal in surprise, but so too did the resident watch dragon cry out in alarm.

The green dragon flapped hard to regain altitude, eyes a yellow-white in fear and embarrassment and confusion. R'thell was equally startled, and found his stomach twisted in knots. Was that me again! I--I don't know what I'm doing wrong. I'm sorry, Mine! Her pitiful creels were sincere, but this time R'thell wasn't at all convinced it was her.

No, no! You're doing great, honest. I think... that was me? Maybe? He had thought he'd been visualizing properly, but to come in so low he must have thought of the Hold at the wrong angle, or been basing the position somewhere else.

Honestly, any confidence either of them had felt was now a spiral of nervousness and uncertainty. That was a bad jump, no matter that they made it to their destination. What if someone had been standing there, or something had been placed in that location? They all knew what a bad jump Between could result in--injury at best, death at worst. Worse, the Werlingmaster's Assistant was there to witness the whole thing firsthand!

Ugh.

They were the worst.

Even as they sheepishly gathered their next ribbon, neither dragon nor rider felt very good at all. Rossoth! Clever brother, I... I am a fool, I think. I dare hope you're covered in ribbons and have had nothing but success--for I am making mistake after mistake She had to be honest about it, and was certain they would fail weyrling training because of her.

Worse, all of her fancy flying and struggles against the wind, or near collisions, had resulted in her bad wing hurting. She was growing tired, and it showed.

Sweet Symmetry

- - - -
notes:
roll1 - You manage to make it to the proper Hold, but you're struggling to find the Weyrlingmaster's Assistant. It is awfully dark, and clouds have hidden one of the moons. Roll a D10: It takes a while, and you're not sure where to go -- but eventually you spot the green rider assistant who grants you a ribbon. Phew! You almost thought about giving up. Obtain your ribbon!

roll 2-- npc collision course and confidence drop by1 (western hold or npc) xxx + Hopping Between isn't the problem for this stop You get to where you need to go without trouble, and are able to seek out the weyrlingmaster and obtain that ribbon. Why did they think this was a challenge?

roll 3 -- You manage to make it to the proper Hold, but you're struggling to find the Weyrlingmaster's Assistant. It is awfully dark, and clouds have hidden one of the moons. Roll a D10: You wind up flying in circles. Having your dragon move lower, you get a bit too close and a sudden gust of wind causes you to almost crash into the tops of some tall trees. How embarrassing. You simply can't find them. Discouraged, you move on-- without a ribbon.

Roll 4 -- Once again, you're feeling pretty confident about this whole thing! You give your dragons coordinates and: Unconfident You are feeling better than you had in any prior jump, but your dragon spooks and hops Between before you were ready. Thankfully, your coordinates were clear enough you don't get lost--but it definitely jars you! How lucky was that? Maybe try not to repeat that though. +1 Luck Gain a ribbon.

Roll 5: You visualize the coordinates and make the leap. Roll a D10 You don't know what happened but you appear dangerously low to the ground. Your dragon has to gain some altitude--and you surprised the watchdragon who bellowed in concern. Whoops. Not going to be able to hide that from the assistants! Gain a ribbon but your confidence levels go down by one point.

Roll 6: V'ime and Rhodonth xxx

Uta rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:29 pm
You visualize the coordinates and make the leap. Roll a D10  

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 3 Total: 3 (1-20)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:46 pm
Fahn and Alenciath

Quote:
You manage to make it to the proper Hold, but you're struggling to find the Weyrlingmaster's Assistant. It is awfully dark, and clouds have hidden one of the moons. Roll a D10:
It takes a while, and you're not sure where to go -- but eventually you spot the green rider assistant who grants you a ribbon. Phew! You almost thought about giving up. Obtain your ribbon!

The sky above Redoubt was obscenely dark - not the first time their vision had been blotted out that night. And we didn't even get a ribbon... Alenciath reminded, not quite sulking, but a reminder that she needed ribbons to take back and show Demodeth how many she'd gotten! Fahn laughed, leaning in her straps with absolute certainty in their construction and safety to peer below them.

Well, circle for a little bit and I'll see if I can spot who we're looking for, alright? Fahn instructed. Unfortunately, a 'little bit' ended up being far longer than either dragon or rider had the patience for and it bounced between them in a well of annoyance as the circles got tighter and the desire to move forward welled up. Right then it was about to hit that point of absolute catastrophic impatience, Fahn spoke up, her words puncturing the tension like a knife in a wineskin- There they are!

With another nudge of her dragon to drop, the two came in unnervingly close to the assistant. Has Demodeth been here? Can I have his ribbon too? she asked with no small amount of hope in her voice.

Unfortunately, he had gotten his ribbon there already, so they were once again stuck with only the one.

Quote:

Very Confident
Paradise Falls Hold, Dust Sun Hold, Whitecliff Weyrhold, Black Sands Hold, Redoubt Hold, Western Hold

demon_pachabel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:47 pm
d10 for Alenciath  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

magnadearel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

magnadearel

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:48 pm
B'den and Green Riojath
Another call, this one in more need than the first, had the green pausing. Her eyes flickered with yellow as she listened to her green sister's outpouring. Triesteth's despair was instantly countered by an cascade of love and affection from Riojath and backed by her rider.

Now now Triesteth! We are glad you and Yours are alright! It will be ok. From now on you'll know to wait for Your's signal and everything will be fine. We are doing well enough. We messed up one set of coordinates and had to get help from an assistant.

After making sure Triesteth was alright, Riojath turned her head back to her rider. I'm sorry for the wait Mine. I am ready now if you are. Not to fret darling. This wasn't a race. Ready for our last one? It's Black Sands Hold.

B'den sent the coordinates and Riojath took them between. Somehow when they came out, B'den and Riojath found themselves dangerously close to the ground. They heard the watchdragon bellow a warning. Riojath bugled back as she pumped her wings to gain some altitude.

Why were we so close to the ground? I'm not sure Mine! While rough and sure to get them a lashing from the assistant, they were fine. B'den claimed their ribbon. That's it. We are done. Let's head home!

Quote:
11-14 You visualize the coordinates and make the leap. Roll a D10:

---1-2: You don't know what happened but you appear dangerously low to the ground. Your dragon has to gain some altitude--and you surprised the watchdragon who bellowed in concern. Whoops. Not going to be able to hide that from the assistants! Gain a ribbon but your confidence levels go down by one point.

Route: Western Hold, Redoubt Hold, Paradise Falls Hold, Whitecliff Weyrhold, Dust Sun Hold, Black Sands Hold
Confidence Level: Very confident Confident
Ribbons: 6
XP Points: +2 Between Accuracy

Uta

magnadearel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-10)
PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:52 pm
talk2hand  

magnadearel

Uta rolled 1 20-sided dice: 9 Total: 9 (1-20)

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 6:53 pm
Feeling: Cautious -- now Unconfident - now Very Unconfident
Ribbons: +5
+3 Anywhere XP
- - - -
Despite all their fears, despite all their anxiety, when Triesteth made the leap for their final destination, they appeared without any issue. Perhaps it was because of their uncertainty, with R'thel wanting to visualize properly, or Triesteth being extra careful when she did look over the coordinates--but they made it to Paradise Falls beautifully.

See? That was much better, wasn't it? R'thell tried to find some encouragement, but it did little to ease Triesteth's guilty hearts, or his own. Thankfully, all they had to do now was get back home--and those were coordinates both knew by heart.

When Rhodonth reached out to her, the small green gave a little happy croon. Sweet sister, that is so wonderful! We stand at five, but I have struggled so in this game! I am tired, and embarrassed, and don't make for a very good jumper Between. Perhaps you can give me some tips. For surely, if anyone would know how not to mess up, it would be her!

SilverLutz

- - - -
notes:

Roll 5: You visualize the coordinates and make the leap. Roll a D10 You don't know what happened but you appear dangerously low to the ground. Your dragon has to gain some altitude--and you surprised the watchdragon who bellowed in concern. Whoops. Not going to be able to hide that from the assistants! Gain a ribbon but your confidence levels go down by one point.

Roll 6: V'ime and Rhodonth xxx Hopping Between isn't the problem for this stop You get to where you need to go without trouble, and are able to seek out the weyrlingmaster and obtain that ribbon. Why did they think this was a challenge?

PostPosted: Wed May 12, 2021 10:58 pm
Rossoth returned to the Weyr in a glow of dignified triumph, mirrored in the flushed cheeks of his now extremely confident rider. He burgled a greeting as he landed, joining the rest of their clutchmates as they gathered post-activity. Absently Ke'res found herself stroking his head knobs, peaceful in a way she hadn't felt for a long time.

Rossoth was glad for the mental touch of his siblings, though he would never admit to it. Demodeth's own brand of self-assurance- that bullish certainty that so defined the bronze- amused the duty-bound brown. He had a lot of appreciation for this style of work. I never doubted you. He spoke across their shared space, hoping not to distract him from the importance of his work. Jumping Between was such a vital part of being a Threadfighting dragon.

Riojath, too, returned his thoughts with her own. Ke'res hid a wry smile behind a gloved hand as Rossoth's gaze turned moonsward. Had that gentle, loving green returned yet? He pondered his next move, concealing affection behind what he hoped was an impressively cool exterior. Not icy, oh no, but his voice dropped an octave, reaching into the realms of charming rogue. It would be our pleasure. He assured her, now racking his brains for more to add. Of course- we would help any who need or seek it. Return safely, Riojath. He urged, concern breaking through his mask of cool, calm collectedness.

Shortly after, the tender, sweet, breaking voice of another sister reached him. Attention stretched taut like a bow, Rossoth stretched his wings as if to fly. Ke'res settled him with a hand, but her unspoken worry was unanswered for a long moment. Triesteth, do not fear my dear sister. You are no fool. Remember that we are all here with you- your rider, your siblings... We're all here and we will help you come home. Once more he sought to fly, but Ke'res held him back. She is distressed. He snapped to his rider- eyes whirling red.

Ke'res frowned. The weyrlingmasters and Queens would never let her fade Between. A false platitude, she was sure- sometimes jumps were made in error... Death surrounded them as weyrlings. But she could not let the brown go tearing off into the night, and so she forced her will on his, struggling against his certainty that he was needed. When they return, you may give her your ribbons. That might ease her stress a little.

Rossoth exhaled loudly, harrumphing. He turned his attention back to Triesteth once more. All mistakes may be fixed Triesteth. This darkness will not last- and you are so close to home now.

It was reassuring to see them return safely- although some more uncertain and wary than others. When Triesteth returned, Rossoth used the cover of other dragons to sneak towards her, and left a ribbon by her tail. It suited her better than him, at any rate.

smerdle

magnadearel

Uta

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

demon_pachabel rolled 1 20-sided dice: 11 Total: 11 (1-20)

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:56 pm
Fahn and Alenciath

Quote:
11-14 You visualize the coordinates and make the leap. Roll a D10: ---1-2: You don't know what happened but you appear dangerously low to the ground. Your dragon has to gain some altitude--and you surprised the watchdragon who bellowed in concern. Whoops. Not going to be able to hide that from the assistants! Gain a ribbon but your confidence levels go down by one point.

Alenciath and Fahn had been riding high on their own good natures and some awkward, but salvageable, jumps barely mixed in with their successful ones. If anything had been a sticking point, it had been that single missed assistant. Perhaps it had been the ounce of distraction that twittered across their bond, but when they had popped out from Between the ground was practically there to greet them.

Fahn noticed it first - Alenciath! she grabbed her dragon's attention, the green's wings flaring out to catch the air before pushing herself up-up-upwards to give the pair their distance. Briefly, the woman's nerves tittered and shuddered from the close call. There were too many stories of young rider's found turns and turns later encased in stone. Alenciath, however... But we didn't - and even if we had at least we would have been together. she pointed out, soothing over that brief flare of tension in the young woman.

It worked, but Fahn would feel a touch better once they made their last landing safely. She put on her bravest face as she approached the last Assistant the pair would be seeing that evening - and even receiving a ribbon for not actually plummeting into the ground with shame. Don't ask for a second one this time, Fahn advised, though. We got 5! Surely, Demodeth will have just as many and the sooner we're done here the sooner we can go see him, hmm?

The green let out a trill of delight at the idea, but if Fahn took a little extra time to imagine that last jump home......well, nobody pointed it out.

Quote:

Very Confident
Paradise Falls Hold, Dust Sun Hold, Whitecliff Weyrhold, Black Sands Hold, Redoubt Hold, Western Hold

demon_pachabel rolled 1 10-sided dice: 2 Total: 2 (1-10)
PostPosted: Thu May 13, 2021 3:57 pm
d10 for Alenciath  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Smerdle rolled 1 20-sided dice: 7 Total: 7 (1-20)

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Fri May 14, 2021 5:38 pm
R'in and Bronze Demodeth

R'in had never been on the ground at Black Sands, though it was pretty enough from above.

There. Another easy find.

They made their way to the weyrlingmaster assistant rather slowly compared to some others, careful to keep from flying into any more unsuspecting clutchmates.

Quote:
    Quote:
    6-9 Hopping Between isn't the problem for this stop. You get to where you need to go without trouble, and are able to seek out the weyrlingmaster and obtain that ribbon. Why did they think this was a challenge?

[IC RP] Western Weyr

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff