Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
[Mictecath's Hatching] Sing Me Anything (Open) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:06 pm
Soui and Museth

Soui couldn't help but feel the mental frown her dragon was producing, as Museth shook her lovely head softly. She wasn't upset by this behavior, as such actions from young dragons was not uncommon, but to have golden dragonet seemingly ill at ease did make her faintly uneasy. There was no worry in her hearts that, as a child of her lovely sister and cousin, this young one would cause harm, but to hear the shouting was a bit disquieting.

Are you okay? She reached out to check in on the white, who simply sighed and returned with a mental nod. I suppose she has some right to be angry since the blue did purposefully scratch someone. Soui paused. I mean, he doesn't really know better, or maybe he does but right now there's a lot behind it, so....

I understand what you are trying to say, so do not worry my love. Museth's voice was gentle and soft as she kept her eyes on the sands below. They are a spirited bunch already, so few from their shells. I hope they will serve Pern well, but there is no reason to doubt they won't. She was careful in words and thoughts, Soui thought, as she listened to Museth delicately pick out what she wanted to say. It was always wonderful to hear how articulate she was, even nearly three Turns out. Now do pay attention. These children will be our future wingmates after all, it's important we get to know them.

Yes, yes.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:25 pm
The Gold Sunbeam Egg keened again, the ongoing argument outside beginning to affect its occupant more strongly now that it was reaching a crescendo. What was going on out there--? It had to do something, but it was stuck in here instead!
Mother--! it called, reaching for Mictecath with a momentary spike of fear in its hearts. It was going to get out of its egg, it--it hoped, but it clearly wasn't going to be able to do it on its own, and the realization was upsetting, to say the least. Its siblings had done just fine--why couldn't it do the same? I'm, well--I think I'm stuck! Was the laughter that followed a little nervous? Maybe, but it was fine! I'll keep trying, but...I might need help?

Sweet Symmetry
mam pls ;;

Zaikt
Crew

Otherworldly Plague

20,675 Points
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • Galactic Domination 200
  • That One Hero 500

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2021 9:49 pm
Ingonth (and Pravdath and Nimiseth)

Ingonth's eyes flashed red from where he lounged far above, a memory of his own hatching sparked from something seemingly unrelated. His ledgemates were nudged, just to show them he cared, and he extended a mental tap of affection toward Museth as well, his eyes returning to a shade of blue that nearly matched his hide. So many little ones still left to meet!

houllow
    a hug for museth's brain

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 12:32 am
Eliaza

"I thjnk you're right," ELiaza said back tp Jaleeri "As excited to meet us as we are to meet them, for certain." And oh, she really was, heart pounding hard against her ribs. Weren't brojnzes hatching first a good sign? And two more or less at once? Even btter. Eyes widen, she watched the eggs rocking and splitting eagerly.

Well. More or less eagerly. The blue who's taken it upon himself to pounce on not one but two of their fellow Candidates was more than a little concerning. "Are they? Is she goimg to be all right? Her face..."

SilverLutz

Eralgais

Like many in the class did, he'd wager, Eralgais had an egg or two he had his eye on, ones he'd felt he'd gotten along with well during the Touching. One of those, for certain, was the Cloudy Skies egg -- well, bronze, now, he supposed. Sure, it made sense, he thought, that there'd been a bronze in there. That was good luck. And a more or less friendly sort, it seemed. That also tracked.

He was distracted, as many also were, by the blue. Angry blue. Jumpy, pouncy blue. A pair of candidates near him had gone down under that blue's claws. That wasn't nearly as nice a sign. Though he didn't really want to draw the blue's ire, he still called out, "Be still. Just try to be still. He'll move on. Probably. Maybe."

#Dea and Teddy#
He's trying to be helpful. Honest!

Uta
Did he mention ack?!

Meepfur

Yeliya

She hadn't drifted toward any particular group before the trouble started, and now she was glad for it. Yeliya had no desire at all to be anywhere near a cluster of Candidates getting pounced for ... what, exactly? Vanity? No thank you. She stayed well away from that tangle, though she watched it. No telling who the blue might choose to single out next.

The gold, though. She was definitely worth watching. Admiring. Even if her blue brother tried to brush her off. That's right, she thought. Don't let him ignore you. Just because you're little, you can still be heard.

Uta
Thoughts for a mighty wee derglet.

Jhiroquel

Whatever it was that the girl had said or aimed at the dragons, it probably hadn't gone as she expected, Jhiroquel assumed. No one really wanted tp ne trampled by a dragonet, did they? Even the playful ones, and this one seemed less playful and more ...vengeful? It was a shame to have blood on the Sands, but not all that uncommon. This time, there wasn't enough blood to rush anyone of the Sands.

Yet.

With a sidelong glance at Kedriom, Jhiroquel held his ground. Once the blue had moved on, those Candidates could be helped to their feet again. Don't interfere. The words echoed in Jhiroquel's mind.

Zaikt

#Dea and Teddy#
He'll come lend a hand if necessary. Later.

Samuel Carlin

Aged Elocutionist

10,965 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Conventioneer 300

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 1:28 am
Mictecath was glad for the family who had gathered to watch her babies arrive. When Nanuth swept in, she sent him a wave of love. Perhaps one day he would be beside her on these warm sands, watching over his own children enter the world. It was a wonderful thought.

Rixth’s presence was also greatly appreciated, and she added a croon to her happy humming. Nyara glanced around for T’en, and sent him a wave from her seat of honour near the front.

Amongst the family members, Taoloth, Ingonth and Museth received croons of their own, as did others who arrived to greet them. She had fondness for all of her siblings and sibling-cousins. Their families were now large, adding cousins to Anakumath’s own children. Why Taoloth, any day in your company is a grand one indeed, and this one will become more festive. She responded to the brown, amused and affectionate in her mindvoice.

Fianth’s mental touch was positively delightful, and Mic crooned once again. Oh, Fianth of the eternally loving, forgiving hearts… these grandchildren were in good talons with this family. Even wise Eveleth’s approval, and her protection of High Reaches, was pocketed and guarded by Mictecath’s hearts. This was a grand day. No one would spoil it.

As Aubergine Bronze revealed himself with a large crack, Mictecath gave a cry of happiness. Oh, at last! At last, he was here. How wonderful the world was! Green Spotted Blue also received a little hwonk of happiness, followed by a small huff of amusement as she watched his antics. Too precious. How dearly she wanted to scoop him up and hug him forever.

Cloudy Skies Bronze had a precocious kind of charm to him. Oh, how she could admire her children all night long. She crooned in delight, nudging Iweth once more as if this mere contact could contain the ecstasy beating within her soul.

But- oh dear! Oh, was trouble afoot? She watched with eyes tinged with anxious yellow, as her dear Blue son stalked off towards some candidates. It would be okay- surely… her boy just needed to set matters right with those humans, and it would all be well. Mictecath was positively clutching her pearls, oh my. All of these negative thoughts wouldn’t do, no, not at all! So, she did her best to send a wave of encouragement and love.

Butterfly Wing egg had assistance, and Mictecath’s attention momentarily wavered, drawn away by the shattering of Purple and Grey Space Blue’s egg. Oh, how sweet- the little blue had gone to help Butterfly Wing egg… such love and familial affection, her hearts positively sang aloud.

You are truly beautiful, daughter. All of our family shines in its own way. Mictecath bespoke her children, sending them wave upon wave of love. That Butterfly Wing Gold sought her attention or compliments was no bother- she had love aplenty for all of her young upon the sands.

But there were more problems to solve. Mama Mic turned her head, watching Gold Sunbeam Egg intently. My dear..? She began, soft question in the gentle, musical mindvoice. No pressure, no outward alarm- just a gentle outstretched snout if it was needed.

In her moment of distraction, Mictecath missed Green Spotted Blue’s retribution. Her head jerked up, watching her son strike. An awful, sudden flash of Nyara’s memories crossed her mind- a dead boy, a fallen sister… no, this was nothing like that. Her son did not attack to kill. He did not seek to hurt beyond teaching candidates a lesson. She wanted to reach out and comfort him, but he was very much his own dragon. She sent the blue a wave of reassurance, letting him experience the world as he yearned to. I am always here for you, if you need me.

And yet, her daughter’s intervention reminded her much of herself when she had hatched. Trying to control a situation, no matter the cost, was a double-edged sword... Teaching lessons to candidates who would hurt others, through word or deed, seemed a necessary thing, too. Swirls of conflict arose in the mother gold. Would it be hypocritical of her to intervene now? Daughter dear, I’m sure he did not mean to inspire terror, only to teach. Although she could not speak for her son’s intentions, at least not for certain. Yet again, the urge to scoop them all up and protect them from the world was overwhelmingly strong. Her humming intensified, as if to distract herself. Bruises and wounds heal. These children will be fine, given time.

Maybe next time she ought to inspect all of the candidates before they arrived on the sands?

Mictecath’s attention snapped back to Gold Sunbeam Egg. Ah! Her hearts leapt in a moment of anxiety, and she crouched as low as she could, drawing herself as close to the egg as she dared do, ensuring no other candidates were hurt in the process. Would it help if I tapped just here? Like so? She raised a talon gingerly, and tapped the top of the egg, making a small hole. She didn’t want to rob her child of their strength and autonomy, or hurt them in the process. But their fear was genuine, and Mictecath wanted to fix it. This was a delicate situation. Or would you prefer a little tickle here? She moved her talon to the egg’s side, ever-so-gently running it across the beautiful yellow and golden shell, leaving a small, jagged opening if the baby wanted to work out there. Or perhaps I’ll cradle you in my talons, and we can cuddle for a while? Oh, please let it be that one. That one sounded like the best option.

Dea and #Teddy#
For Nanuth. Also minor concern for Tyara. <3

Smerdle
Rixth and T'en, and Ingonth. <3

houllow
Museth. Yes yes. <3

Uta
Mentions of Fianth and Eveleth. Admiring golden daughter, then later trying to defuse the situation.

BastetAmun
For Taoloth! <3

Meepfur
Blue-son, it's gonna be okay. Mama hopes, anyway.

Zaikt
Bustin' lil gold sunbeam outta here! <3

Quote:
Love and appreciation for all the babies already hatched. <3

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:08 am
There was an awful sensation of ominous doom, when the blue jumped on those candidates. She’d heard hatchings could be grisly, but she had hoped this would not be the case… Rosie held her breath, squeezing her eyes until the dragonet was finished… at least… at least there wasn’t… well… too much blood… She hated it. Hated that a dragon had felt it necessary to do that. There was a great deal of control in the attack… it had been pre-meditated, thought out… and it scared her.

At least the young golden queen was standing up to her blue brother. That was good. Now there might be no more bloodshed. She didn’t know what had been said, or thought, in this case, but she kept her mind warm and welcoming. Just to be sure. Just in case.

“The one with vines on it… I liked that one a lot. But I don’t mind if I don’t Impress. I feel lucky to be here, in this moment. But it would be nice to, just in case. I definitely wish to be here, and become a dragonrider.” She smiled earnestly, but a sheepish look crossed her face. Shells, she probably sounded so stupid to this confident, self-assured candidate beside her. Of course she wanted to be a dragonrider; why accept Search otherwise. Duh.

“Oh my, it seems like they’re both on course to emerge soon!” Rosalia breathed, eyes flickering between White Tiger egg and Green Vine egg.

BastetAmun
For Tex!

-----

Xharrakai was impressed by all of these dragons (alas, not the capital I kind of impressed). They had such wilful personalities, straight from the shell. He spared a wincing glance for the pair of candidates bowled over and attacked by the blue. But better them than him, in all honesty. He had to be smart and savvy, ready for anything… knees bent slightly, observant golden eyes wandered the grounds in search of the next possible surprise. He didn’t want to be bloodied or gored, no thank you. His face was far too useful, and he had too many scars to count these days. No more were necessary.  

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

Sweet Symmetry

Tipsy Kitten

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 2:12 am
Worried Bear lurched suddenly, performing a rather magnificent pirouette in its wallow before toppling over and…

Achieving absolutely nothing.

Great. Just great.

Those nearby could hear the faint scratch scratch scratch of claws working methodically against shell.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 4:09 am
It is not your right! the Green Spotted blue bristled back, flaring out his wings and snapping at the air. And that you think it is is proof that I am right to feel as I do.

But I am finished explaining myself to you. I have already given you far more than I owe you. The little dragonet fairly shook with rage...and no small amount of hurt. He could well feel how many thoughts sided with his golden clutchmate, how it seemed that none even wanted to try to understand, and his hearts broke. Only his dam, surprise of all surprises, seemed to have his back. He stared up at Mictetath in shock for a moment before turning back towards the Candidates and making his way into the crowd.

He was careful as he did so - for he was not and never had been some bloodthirsty, rampaging beast - and wouldn't so much as step on a toe as he made for the center of the group. Some might well have thought he was looking for His, but all he did once he was there was sit down and tuck his head under his wing.

There were few places on the Sands to take sanctuary, and to him, this seemed the best option.

Uta

Sweet Symmetry

Meepfur
Crew

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:13 am
The blue hatchling stood quietly as his golden sister emerged, accepting the boop with a small one of his own. He seemed perfectly content to fade away in the background--and did just so as a flurry of activity erupted between his siblings. This was not his place, not his battlefield--but as his sister and brother verbally lashed out at one another, his eyes briefly turned a deep and ugly red. Sister. Brother. He acknowledged both the Butterfly Gold and Cloudy Skies Bronze once more, though his brother had gone to investigate the Candidates that had been at the center of the conflict. Please excuse me.

He moved quietly but with purpose, calmly threading his way through the Candidates without touching them so he could make his way to the Green Spotted Blue. The blue carefully laid down next to his brother, watching him even though he could not see him underneath his wing. I understand. He said, softly, privately. This was the reality of the world they had been born into, and he would do everything in his power to change it.

Uta

Mr Cheri

Meepfur

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 7:10 am
Aubergine Bronze made no motion to add his own voice to the fighting - his golden sister was already doing her part to settle the situation, and their mother even more was weighing in on it. Therefore he didn't need to overule their voices with his own. So he made his way over to Butterfly Wing Gold to offer her a nuzzle of support on the heels of familial disagreement.

There are others who need our attention if you'd like, he suggested.

Uta

---

Teal and Blue Spiral Egg gave another turn in the sand, then a forceful nudge out of their wallow, bumping first into Worried Bear, then into the side of the Sketchy Cupcake Egg before the tumbling stopped...for the egg.

Oops! Woah! Hey!

One side of the egg gave, sending the little green within into a continued roll which left her a little splayed out once she finally caught herself.

Oof! Talk about atmosphere! she sneezed once, shaking out her entire body. Who wants to do something fun instead? - that last part was, of course, an invitation for all of the candidates to answer, as well as her siblings.

Sweet Symmetry
Siblegg said BONK on the way by

Uta
Siblegg said BONK on the way by!

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

Smerdle

Scamp

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:07 am
Bherrus

Me! I do! Bherrus raised his hand then quickly lowered it once more. The Teal and Blue Spiral green could hear him. He didn't need to flail his arms around.

demon_pachabel
    fun pls

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:19 am
Whren

Now what had she done? Wen shook it out of his head and carefully knelt down, making sure not to disturbed the Blue Skies bronze who had came to double check on them. "Excuse me, please, lets see here," he said reaching out to carefully pull Tyara hair out of her face to get a better look at the wound.

He eyed it carefully and hummed. "It not too bad, probably going to scar and probably going to need a stitch or two.. do you want to go to the healers and get it clean up or stay on the sands?" He questioned, calm and relaxed. He had seen worst then this before and Nabol had left him more desensitized to blood then probably wanted. He didn't remark on the burn, everyone had their own scars.

"Do you need a hand up?" He asked, looking back at Izaryel and then back to Tyara a hint of amusement in his voice. "Probably can manage that at least, even if you two are taller then me." Not that that was really hard to be.

Uta
Need a hand up Izaryel?

Dea and #Teddy#
Ouch Tyara

Mr cheri
Hey there bronze baby

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

BastetAmun

Feral Hunter

9,200 Points
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Trick or Treat 100
PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:44 am
Tex She/Her

"I never got a chance to touch that one at the hatching." Tex nodded her head, eyes staying on the White Tiger egg even with everything else going on. She was so invested in wanting to know just what was hiding within that egg, hoping that there was a chance it could be a dragonet for her. It was stupid to put all of her faith only in one egg but she had felt a connection there.

"I let my families cothold when I was searched. I helped to train the Runners with my father, but I couldn't let this opportunity pass me by." Tex did let her eyes finally move from the White Tiger egg to look at the dragonets who were on the sands, her eyes passing by the little queen for a moment before moving on, there was no thought at all that a Queen like that would be for her.

Sweet Symmetry

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Dextelia She/Her

For a moment as the blue lashed out at the boy and then girl Dextelia felt a small pang of fear before it disappeared. He hadn't done what he did recklessly at all. Of course it wasn't great that someone had gotten hurt but no one was dead.

As she watched the altercation between the golden queen and the blue she couldn't help but feel for him. She had never liked to see anyone upset and always wanted to be cheerful to help the others. This was the same as those times and as the blue ducked his head under his wing as he laid down she sent a loving feeling towards him. She may not understand exactly how he felt, but she could offer him support from here.

Meepfur
Love sent to Green Spotted Blue because she doesn't like someone to be upset in anyway!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:05 am
From where it had gone still, Green Vine Egg gave a faint shiver at Teal and Blue Spiral Green's mention of fun. Fun? Had someone mentioned... fun?? Oh!! Things had been getting a little tense before, but maybe now things were looking up...!

The egg gave a lurch, the barely-there crack along one side spiderwebbing into an invisible net of slivers, wrapping the shell from tip to top. It settled again to stillness, resting perhaps for the final push... But there was no need.

In a rush of movement, the egg gave way, crumbling away from the hatchling inside, revealing a still-curled-up green, sitting amid the remnants. She slowly lifted her head to blink wide, whirling, overwhelmed eyes at her siblings, her parents, the crowd... And then gave a tiny trill of delight, uncurling in a twirl of limbs and tail and prancing to her feet.

Oh!! Ohhh look at them all, how splendid, how wonderful, how FUN!! She turned a circle as she stepped away from where her egg had been, eyes swirling ecstatic green and blue, before she spotted her green sister—and beelined for her, beaming as much as a dragon could, and butting her head against her sibling's flank. Isn't it all amazing? Isn't it fantastic? I simply don't know where to begin, do you?

demon_pachabel
Someone mentioned fun?? Green Vine is HERE for fun!!

ShinosBee

Nerd

Tsunake
Crew

Territorial Friend

PostPosted: Sun Oct 03, 2021 9:06 am
Jihiro

"He seemed pretty serious," Jihiro nodded, recollecting his own experience with the dragonet. Something had roused the ire of the blue hatchling, and he couldn't help but wince when a girl was knocked down and deliberately dragged his sharp claws against her face. "Ouch," He muttered, but the baby seemed satisfied to have made his point and left...

Only to be confronted by his sister--his very gold sister. Jihiro could only frown at the resulting argument. Eventually, the blue stalked off and laid himself down in the center of the sands, and the young man let out a slow breath.

"Doesn't seem like he hurt her too bad, but..." It still had to have been scary.

demon_pachabel

--

Miomellai

She nodded at Divisti with a slight smile of her own, though her focus immediately snapped back to the hatchlings that began to come forth. One girl was pinned down and she'd have some impressive scars for the future, to say the least. "No, not really." She commented. "I don't think a Queen is for me, lovely as they are... but then again, they know best." And this one clearly wasn't afraid to voice her opinions!

"What about you?" She glanced to the young woman again, her lips quirking slightly as a green tumbled out and onto the sands. A fun-lover, huh?

faesinger

--

Oranie

"Ooh, a pair of blues..." She giggled at the thought, and the wave of gentle warmth from Kesucianth helped to bolster her spirits. Thank you. Tell Elibrie I love her. She thought fondly to her sister's sweet dragon. Holding Lusialu's arm was perfectly lovely, and she rose up on her toes with a gasp as a bronze and blue worked together to free a glittering Queen. "Oh!"

Any excitement she might have felt was instantly squashed as the blue baby knocked one boy down, and then the girl beside her--only to slash her face with his claws. Oranie, despite herself, flinched. She didn't say a word, but she did grip Lusialu's arm a little more tightly, trying not to let her shoulders hunch up to her ears. The little dragon seemed content to leave the girl alone after that, but--

As the gold stepped in to admonish her brother, Oranie let out a soft, anxious breath. She knew the healers would be right there to assist the girl, but she couldn't help but think of what had happened during Anakumath's Hatching. The sight of a green breaking forth was a welcomed distraction, and she did her best to focus upon her.

Uta

Meepfur

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 20 21 22 23 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas