Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Teepees
CuterThanYou's Teepee Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 7:42 am
User Image

Jean-Claude

The french stallions eyes went back to the bleak whiteness that had resided upon the earth a few short days ago. How he despised the stuff. It was cold, wet, and there seemed to be no real reason for it, other than maybe to annoy him. Of course, he knew how true that was. Not at all. The weather gods didnt care anything about him, and it was probably a good thing, as he would most likely end up being disliked by them, causing mass mayhem for him.

He crunched the snow under his hoof and shook his head.
"Tres mal.."

Looking up to the cloud darkened sky, he allowed his midnight blue eyes to connect with the night, allowing him to blend and not let his eyes be told apart from the sky.
His jet black hair that hung in ringlets around his shoulder bounced as he moved.

Nostalgia
Sighing, Nostalgia allowed herself to close her eyes and enjoy the wind passing through her braids as her wings glided her through the night sky. She wouldn't fly very often, it tired her out far too quickly, but she would occassionally do so when she was in a pensive mood.

Opening her eyes, she looked down onto the land and watched everything through her lavender eyes.

Her eyes quickly spotted black specks against the white snow, and then her eyes were able to discern the cream colored Soquili that belonged to the waves of black curls.

Curious, she traveled closer to the ground in a circular fashion; what fun it would be to meet a new Soquili.

Jean-Claude
Jean-Claude pawed at the snow, then looked up to the heavens which seemed to have forsaken him.

Sighing, he pawed at it again, as if pawing at it would make it dissappear.

Blinking his blue eyes, he looked out across the snowy hills, letting the wind blow a curl or two. He spotted a glowy thing coming closer, and he wasnt sure what it was..

Nostalgia
"What a dashing Soquili," Nostalgia muttered to herself as she came closer and closer to the ground. Gently hovering a few feet above land, she allowed her heavy ankle chains to fall and land with a thud before her hooves made themselves reacquainted with the dirt and grass.

"Greetings, stranger." She said, hoping her soft voice would be loud enough for him to hear. "I hope I'm not intruding on anything, but I'm new to these lands and have been trying to introduce myself to any new Soquili I come across. My name is Nostalgia."

Smiling, she tilted her glowing horn down as a sign of greeting to the cream Soquili, who had a very interesting white mark on his chest. It looked almost like a crucifix. "What an odd birthmark to have!" she thought quietly to herself.

Jean-Claude
He smiled, and looked at the creature in wonder. She was, no doubt, the most beautiful mare he had ever seen.. But she was glowing. It was almost like she wasnt even there.
She spoke like a mouse. Her voice soft and lovely. Giving her a slight bow, he looked back up at the mare, whose wings were thin as spiderwebs.

"Hello there, to you as well. You are one very magnificent Soquili.
What are you?"

He asked, not trying to be rude in any way, but trying to figure out if she was indeed living or not.

Nostalgia
She paused, startled by the abruptness of his question. She knew she should get used to hearing it more often, but, as always, she was unprepared.

"I'm...well... I'm not exactly a pure Soquili, if that's what you mean." She stammered, tossing her braids back and away from her face. "I'm more of apparition, if you will. A specter. But I'm able to walk on land, I'm physical... just... a bit different, for the moment."

She smiled and watched his face for a response, and that's when she noticed the pearl fangs peeking out of his mouth. How strange... he wasn't a Kalona, for he had no wings... so why did he have fangs in his mouth and not flat teeth like regular horses?

"May I inquire of your breeding as well, Monsieur?" She asked, throwing in a french term as it was she recognized his accent, "I noticed your fangs and the marking on your chest... neither of which I believe belong to a standard Soquili..."

Jean-Claude
He smiled, watching her stammer with a lifted eyebrow. He listened to what she said, and finally thought he might understand what she was.
He gave a little bow again, hoping to take away any discomfort he may have caused her.

He was good at causing discomfort. He was after all, Jean-Claude, the french stallion that was good at messing alot of things up, but then making up for them in beautiful ways.

His tongue ran across his fangs. He didnt really notice them on a daily basis.. But when ever someone mentioned them, he stopped and had the habit or running tongue or lip across the sharp points.

"My breeding? Well, I am a very normal, standard Soquili I assure you. But as for my breeding, ma cherie, I am unsure. I know that its said that my father had my fangs,.. But Im not sure other than that.

I wish I could give you more of a description."
He saying, finally wishing he knew his parents before they left after he was born.

Nostalgia
She watched him graze his tongue across his fangs and wondered what he was thinking. He apparently didn't mind that she was a Ghost, either that, or she had confused him with the synonyms she had used for the word "ghost".

No matter what, it was obvious that he had no fear for what she was, and that put her at some level of ease. She smiled at the devilishly handsome Soquili and answered, "Your description is fine. I'm just overly curious, I'm sure."

Her tail twitched from one side to the other, and she blushed at hearing him use a french term towards her. French was such a romantic language, and she had always been a softie for anything romantic.

Jean-Claude
"I dare say you arent too curious. Curiousity could be the spice of life, if you play life right."
He said smiling.

"But, I feel I must ask what a beautiful mare such as you, is doing, sitting here talking to me? I havent even stated my name yet, which proves I am no gentleman."

He gave a bow.

"My name is Jean-Claude."

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 8:35 am
User Image

Nostalgia

Nostalgia hated the daylight hours, but continued to walk because she needed to think. Jean-Claude was a wonderful candidate for a mate, but she wasn't sure if she was ready to commit just yet. Being a ghost, she knew better than to get involved in the lives of the living, but she couldn't help it... she was lonely.

Walking in the shade of the forest's trees, she continued pondering, ignoring her glowing horn and aura as she contemplated her options. What to do, what to do.....

Death
Trotting along for one of the first times in her life, Death had her wings flicked back over her back and was all but dancing on her ebony hooves over the grass in the forest. It was rare she wasn't flying, it was rare she wasn't sleeping during the day and it was even rarer that she wasn't completely void of any emotion. Right now the little ghostly mare was tired and very sad. She had somehow managed to wind up getting lost, of course it was hard for a wind Soquili to get lost but all the same there it was.

"Why'd I ever fly off?" She whispered in her strangely ethereal voice. Would she ever find Khairi again? Or her teepee? Or Banhi... or anyone?

ninja

Nostalgia
Her ears twitched. Had she just heard a crunching sound in the snow... which sounded familiarly like hooves?

She ducked behind one of the trees, a stunt that was hard to accomplish when one's wearing chains, a dress, and a lit lanturn... not to mention ghost wings that glowed in the dark. Nostalgia willed away her wings out of sight and peeked from behind the tree. Usually she wasn't so shy, but today she really didn't feel like talking to anyone, especially if it was a foal. Foals seemed to be scared off by her supernatural being, and she hated that she was so scary to them.

A feeling soon came over her, however, that the being approaching wasn't exactly.... living. Could it be the Spirits coming to call her back into the spiritworld to force her back into her eternal duty? Or could it be.. something else?

Crouching lower, she peered further around the tree and into the forest, looking and waiting for the creature to come closer.

Death
Both of Death's ears pricked up as she heard chains rattle off in the distance. Her eyes blinked as she tried to get a little bit of a clue who it was, though she really had no idea. It wasn't for lack of want that she didn't trot over to find out who it was, it was because she was respecting the other's bubble.

"Hello?" She called out in her gentle, ghostly soft voice. "Who's there?"

Ruffling her wings slightly and taking a light step forward, Death kept both of her ears to the sides of her head so she didn't scare the other. There was something strange about the glowing shine coming from behind the tree. Death was known to glow in the moonlight, but never like that.

ninja

Nostalgia
Peering over, Nos studied the ghoulishly white mare step hesitantly in her direction. Her wings looked like that of a birds, her body that of a Soquili, but her aura was very much of a being not of the living. Could it be another ghost that wandered around these parts? And if it was, would it be a friendly spirit or a demon?

Nostalgia knew from experience that demons were very clever beings that could give the appearance of innocence for the means of trickery, so she remained cautious, but stepped out from behind the tree, her chains rattling as she walked.

"Good day," she said quietly in return to the ghost's calling, her lavender eyes studying the pendant around the spirit's neck. What did that symbol mean again? "Greetings... are you friend or foe?"

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sun Dec 24, 2006 11:04 pm
Merry Christmas Everyone! 4laugh heart  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 06, 2007 6:59 pm
Oooo! Nos is in love! 4laugh heart  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Sun Jan 14, 2007 4:29 am
Fweeeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Nos and Jean won a slot in the Breeding Raffle!

They're going to be parents! 4laugh heart

PostPosted: Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:57 pm
Yay! White Arsenic just gave me the certed Mauli, so now I can show him off properly in my sig cool heart Thanks Arsenic! <3

User Image  

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:36 pm
User Image

Jean
He was unsure of what to think. As far as he knew, he was, well.. He hadn’t seen Nostalgia since that fateful night, and he worried profusely why she was MIA. Shaking his head, he snorted a bit. He’d find her. He had to.. What if she left him? What if she despised him and wanted to run away now? They had been together, and perhaps it had scared her as well. He gave another snort, shaking his black locks from his face, and staring up at the midnight sky that matched his eyes.

“Why haven’t I seen her?” He asked the sky, as if it could answer.

“Why has she hidden from me?”

He gave a closer look to the surrounding boundaries, and was somewhat appeased to see the snow melting and green grass along with trees budding.

It was only a new year, yet he felt Nos had news to tell him. Why? Why was this happening? He gave a gallic shake of his head, as he began trudging through the melting snow.

The snow was melting quickly in the normally warm area of the valley. It seemed to melt quite fast, considering he had come from France. France stayed cold until the summer. It was not even spring and spring fever was budding amiss the branches and blades of grass.

Nos
She was about to give up. It had been days since she had last seen Jean, and she was coming close to believing she had scared him off. Nostalgia knew the land was large and he could be anywhere...the forests, the lakes, the rivers and streams, the hills and valleys, even the mountains! She had thought to check everywhere she thought her beloved would be, but to no avail.

Sighing, she trudged half-heartedly across the fields, closer towards the forest's edge, where the two had first met. She didn't want to just see her love, she had very important news to tell him... the most important message she would ever have.

Her lion-like tail swished back and forth and her chains rattled as they drug across the melting snow, and her head drooped lower to look at her belly. There was no sign yet of the life growing within her... she was still doubting how possible it was for a ghost to birth offspring. It was definitely a miracle... perhaps Jean's supernatural self combined with her supernatural self and therefore created a supernatural occurance? Or perhaps the Spirits had heard the wishes in her heart and rewarded her for her hardwork in the Spirit Realm....

However it happened, Nostalgia was overjoyed and nervous at the same time. She and Jean were still new to one another, granted, they had already decided that each other was "The One" for the other. She loved Jean with all of her heart, and she knew deep down inside that he loved her as well. She couldn't believe that their one passionate evening together could end up with such.. consequences.. so soon! Her cheeks blushed at the memory of that wonderful evening.

As she nuzzled her slowly growing tummy, a thought hit her mind.
"What if he isn't ready to be a father? What... what if he was expecting to be a father later on in life... and not right now?"

She didn't know Jean well enough to know what his hopes and dreams were... she cursed herself for not getting to know him better like a true mate should have. What kind of selfish mare WAS she?

As she muttered, her head lifted up, and her lavender eyes caught a cream figure in the distance. Could... could it be? No, it wasn't possible! And yet... there he was!! There was Jean-Claude, yards and yards away, looking around, as if searching for something. Could he be looking for her?

Smiling joyfully, she hastened her trot in his direction, careful not to jumble her stomach too much, and called out, "Jean, m'love! Jean, I'm over here!!!"

Jean
Jean's eyes looked at the mare running towards him. He had waited to see her for so long, and now that it was actually possible for his eyes to land on the beauty that was her, he didnt know what to do.

He didnt hesitate long, as he felt no need to, nor did he want to. For some reason, he had been thinking of foal names. He wasnt sure why, and he was quite readily afraid of the growing paternal feeling in his gut.
He adored the name of Bonita Caledonia for a little filly, and
Benicio Asa for a little colt. Why? Why was he having these thoughts? Surely there was a reason..

He hastened his speed to meet the lovely mare to which held his heart so easily. His creme body slowed as he approached her, and was in a nuzzles reach. He nuzzled his mare, with a gentle nose, letting his black hair cascade and merge with Nostalgia's ebony braids.

As his eyes met hers, he smiled, and is fangs shown ever so lightly. He was happy, happier than he had been in years, and much happier than he'd been in years.

"Ma Amore! How you've been missed! I fear I was afraid I had lost you."

His eyes scanned hers, and suspicion came to his features. I happy suspicion.. She was glowing.. Not like her ordinary lovely ghostly glow, but glowing as in a extreme happiness.

"And I sense a growing need for talking."

Nos
Was it that obvious to the eyes? He said he sensed the need to talk... did he know?

Nostalgia took a quick second glance down towards her stomach... it didn't look like it had gotten bigger. How could he have sensed the news?

Blushing, she nodded. "Yes, my darling, I believe we should get to talking... but I am just so glad I have found you. I have to say, walking in chains day and night is most definitely the least amount of amusement for me that's possible. Oh, how I've missed you so!"

Walking closer, she met him with a gentle snuggle and enjoyed the warmth he gave her pressed against his body. Now, soon, they wouldn't be alone as a pair in this world, but a family. She closed her eyes and enjoyed the brief moment, then lifted her head out from under his and took a few steps back, her lavender eyes lowered, not meeting his.

"I can do this!" She said to herself mentally. She had gone over her 'speech' dozens of times as she searched for her mate, but having him directly in front of her made things a bit more... harder to deal with. How would he take it in the end? Her eyes rose to meet his, and she felt herself drowning in emotion. She saw his sensitivity, his gentleness, his compassion, and knew it was time. He would make the perfect father for their foals.

"Jean, my darling.... that one night we shared together... the happiest night I've ever had... has turned into the most happiest occassion I've ever known." Smiling, her cheeks blushed and she tucked her head against her neck, suddenly becoming a bit shy. "M'love... I'm pregnant."

Jean
Jean's face looked starc and still. Hiding any form of emotion he could possibly have shown in the brief moments of the news.

Pregnant? She was pregnant? It registered slowly, his eyes growing wide slowly, so slowly.

He was quiet a tad bit longer, before he gave a bold faced grin, and hiseyes lit up like sapphires.

"Ma Amore! You are pregnant? Oh how the heavens have praised me."

He didnt think the heavens thought of him as good, yet here he was, and he was going to be a daddy, and his lovely mate had given him the chance.

"My Nostalgia, my dear dear NOstalgia."
He said, as he nuzzled her with gentleness.

What a mother she'd make!

"I dont believe Ive ever been happier! Foals..Our foals.."

Nos
She had tried to keep her eyes open to gage his reaction, but her fear kept them closed tight. She winced and one popped open to see his stunned expression and his remarks.

"So... so you're not upset about this?" She asked quietly. She knew foals would mean a change in everyone's world... it wasn't just a hobby or a fun thing one could drop on a whim's notice... foals meant a lifetime of caring for and worrying after, and she feared her beloved would not be interested in it at the moment.

She understood his shock however, as it took her quite a while herself to get over the idea. Her two-legger, Fable, actually, had been the one to notice the details after Nos became more emotional than usual and her belly had begun to expand. It had definitely took her by surprise... having little ones of her own was her biggest dream, but in her mind had always been just that... a dream, and nothing more. Now that dream was becoming a reality, and she was overjoyed to share that reality with her handsome mate, Jean-Claude.

She stepped closer and stretched out, exposing her clothed belly to her lover. "See there, Jean? Your offspring are in there, just biding their time away until they can join this world and meet their wonderful daddy."

Nostalgia blushed as she mentioned the term "daddy". She thought happily as she realized now that she would be "Mama" or "Mommy" or whatever her children decided to refer her as. Excitement coursed through her as she thought of the ideas. What wonderful experiences and happy memories she and Jean had awaiting them!

Jean
His eyes widened a bitmore, if it was possible, and he smiled.

"Upset about it? Why my dear Nostalgia, how ever could I be angry?!"

He nuzzled his mate and looked to her seemingly normal belly.

"Im going to be a daddy, and my lovely one will be a mere'.
Mon pere' and ma mere."

What terms those will be. He thought smiling.

He went through so many names in his head, but couldnt land on an appropriate one.

"My Nostalgia, I think if we have girl her name should be Caledonia Monet'."

Jean said with happiness in his voice.

"And what if we have a little boy? What shall we call him?"

Nos
She smiled as she once again stepped forward to snuggle against him, enjoying the sound of his deep voice rich with accent. The foreign words seemed to roll off of his tongue, and she could stand there for hours just listening to him talk.

As he asked her of names for the children, she lifted her head and gave him a loving nuzzle, forehead to forehead, being wary the whole time of her sharp shiny horn.

"I think we should wait and see what the children look like before they're named... that way, they can be labeled something especially for them, from their looks and their personality."

Her head lowered, and she nuzzled her belly. She was too afraid to tell him that she didn't want to name their young yet because she still feared what could happen to them. Even pregnant, Nos knew that there would always be a chance that the babies could be lost... she hated to think so negatively, but she wanted to treasure and cherish her little ones, protecting them as best she could manage.

"I wonder what they will be... I would very much love a darling little daughter, she would be so graceful and sweet! A son would be lovely as well, though, and I'm sure he'll take after his handsome father."

She smiled, hoping to hide her fears away from his knowing eyes. "I'm just so glad we've been blessed with this special gift... and there's no one else in the world that I would rather spend it with than you, Jean. I love you, my darling."

Jean
"Right, right.. I took a step too far. Sorry, never been a father before."

He rambled, stammering his words and offering his own little nuzzle.

In all honestly he was quite sure a few days ago he would never have foals and the idea wasnt completely bad as he didnt see himself as a good role model nor father fgiure. But as soon as Nos had given him the news, he knew he wanted to be a daddy.

"I'll be better than mon pere I promise. " He said smiling.

Nos
She giggled softly. Was her always calm and perfect Jean getting nervous?

"You didn't do anything wrong, m'love, I'm just merely telling you how I feel about names. I think it's wonderful that you've put so much thought and love into them already."

She smiled and began walking, feeling restless as the wind began to pick up. "Where do you think we should raise our young, Jean?" Nostalgia asked, the thought popping in her mind. "Should we find a place where we can live together and raise them as a family? I don't really think your teepee mates would like another few additions if I and the children were to come live in your teepee just as I definitely know Daray would despise the idea. Perhaps we should find a nice, quiet, safe place for us to live together as a group?"

She turned back and smiled at him, her braids gently flowing in the stronger winds, and she noticed the winter evening had grown colder. She needed to find shelter from the possible storm approaching... she wasn't about to let anything happen to her now that she cared for more than herself alone.

"A place to protect from predators and harsh weather... and a place that you and I can rest in during the daylight hours.. for I know you prefer the night just as I do myself, my darling. Shall we go in search of a place? Or do you have a better idea perhaps?"

Jean
Jean closed his eyes as to think of a place where his young would be safe. Sure enough, he wasnt too sure. Every place had dangers, and all were different, and all had their own level of scariness.

He stopped and smiled at her, his eyes soft. This wonderful mare was going to give birth to his foals. To his offspring.. The next generation of Jeans and Nostalgia's.

"My teepee-mate, Esperanza, has just foaled herself. Maybe, we could lie low there for awhile. Micah is a, how do you say... insolent fool, but he wont mess with you as you are pregnant, and he values foals. Our foals could grow to see the foals of Esper."

Nos
"I met her once, I believe... isn't she beautiful and golden?" Nos asked quietly, enjoying the loving gaze Jean was directing her way. "I can't believe she's pregnant as well...she'll be a lovely mother."

She worried as Jean spoke of this "Micah" she had never met before. Why in the world would a stallion want to 'mess with her'?

"If he were to mess with you or our young, I'd gut him with my horn in an instant." Nostalgia growled softly, her lavender eyes darkening. She paused, shocked at herself. Did those violent words just fall out of her own mouth? What was wrong with her... she had never spoken ill of another horse before, so why start now?

"I'm sorry, love," she said quickly, looking ashamed. "I don't know what came over me... I haven't been.. feeling quite myself, lately."

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:42 pm
User Image

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Mon Jan 29, 2007 6:51 pm
User Image

Izzie

The sun have disappeared beyond the horizon hours ago and the baby foal curled up against her mother's body opens her eyes when she had a nightmare about being chased by a dragon-looking soquili. Her body is covered with cold sweat and she shudders nervously while a small whine escapes her throat. Isabella nudges her mother's side with her side whenever she gets a bad dream but this time, her mother is dead to the world and is very deep into her dreams. Isabella's silverish eyes moves toward the mouth of the cavern where the moonlight beams down to the still snow-covered ground, beckoning the filly to come out and play.

Isabella gets up on her long thin legs and walks outside, she blinks as her night vision slowly comes to her but things are still dark to her. She paws at the ground nervously as she whickers softly, she does not dare to venture out far from her cavern due to her fear of being attacked from above by a dragon-like soquili. Isabella's body shook with new tremor as she could remember the bloodied maw of the dragon-like soquili and the malicious gleam in his pure black eyes. She bites back the whimper as she moves toward the nearest forest, hoping to find her friend Kimi or Randee or perhaps Dharmesh so she could romp and play to chase the nightmares away. "Kimi?? Randee??" She calls out for her family relatives first as she moves her head from left to right looking for them before she began to call out for Dharmesh.

Nos
Nostalgia trudged through the snow, her chains giving off a soft rattling noise as she walked. There had been no sign of Jean for days, and she worried for his safety. It wasn't like him to run off like that... and of all times, when she finally had something important to tell him.

Shivering, she paused to lean down and nuzzle her belly. Now she was caring for more than just herself, and she was excited and nervous at the same time. It was still too early to feel them moving inside of her, but she knew they were there, and loved them. She had awful experience when it came to foals, for all were scared of her ghostly being, and she had no experience parenting, but she was ever so glad to be given the opportunity to try.

Her aura beamed its soft white light in the darkness of the evening, and her lit horn kept her path bright in front of her. How lonely it was at night time when all of the other creatures were asleep. She wished she had someone to talk to... it was unnerving, the silence of the evening. She had nothing to fear, for most creatures feared her, and the ones who were fearsome left her be... no one seemed to have any need or care for a ghost in their lands. Sighing, she continued on, gazing around at her environment in search of something... anything, that could keep her distracted.

Izzie
"Kimi!!! Randee!!! Dhar!!" Isabella contiunes to call for her friends not knowing that they are not nearby or they are soundly asleep just like her mother. She bites back a plantative cry as she realizes that nobody is going to come out to play or at least keep her company until she is ready to fall asleep. Her body shudders once again with tremor as she spots something glowing approaching her 'hiding' place behind the tree. She hears the chains rattling and it sounds almost like a 'death rattle' she heard in her nightmare. She turns her head toward the cave when her insticts urges her to flee to the safety but her curiousity have gotten the better of her.

The dark colored foal slowly inches away from her hiding place as she cranes her neck forward to see where the glowing and the sound of the chains rattling gently coming from. She blinks in suprise and horror when she sees a ghost-like soquili wandering around the forests. "So its true!! the myths about the ghosts are true!" She mumbles to herself, panicking slightly as she turns around, stumbling on her front hooves which sent her flying into the ground with a dull thud.

With her little hooves flailing in the air when Isabella tries to get up but she was blinded with terror because she is 'reliving out her nightmare'. "Mama!!!" Isabella cries out with fear evident in her voice as she contiunes to flail around for while before she scrambles up to her hooves unsteadily. She found herself near the ghost-like mare, she have unwittingly rolled down the hill right in front of her. Her eyes went wide like huge saucers as she couldn't even move due to her being immoblized by the sheer terror.

Nos
Nostalgia had heard the names being called out in the distance, and she paused to listen to the desperate sounding voice. It didn't sound like an adult's voice... but what was a child doing out in the middle of the night? There were many dangers to be had when the sun went down... kalonas, wolves, lions, and many other scary beings willing and loving the opportunity to snatch a young one up in the blink of an eye.

She began to trot a bit quicker, her chains trying to pull her down, as she went to locate the voice that had just belted out a loud "Mama" call, fearing that it had been snared by a beast. All of a sudden, a dark blur tumbled out in front of her path and she quickly reared back in a halt before she could trample the young creature.

Looking closer, it was a beautiful little foal, who was obviously scared out of her mind. It took Nostalgia a few seconds to realize why the poor thing was so scared... she wished there was some way to hide her ghost appearance.

"Now now, little one, I'm not going to harm you!" she said quickly and gently, watching as the poor thing shook and trembled before her. "I'm a friend! I promise!"

Izzie
Isabella tries to make her legs move so she could scramble up and flee because the aura around this particular mare is kind of cold. She forces herself to stand up but she is dizzy from the tumble down the hill and a small involuntary whimper in pain escapes her throat when her hind leg throbs angrily. Her wide eyes contiunes to remain fixated on the mare. Her ears twitches and swivels around when she hears the mare's voice. "You won't harm me?" She says in small squeaky voice.

A small part of her mind reassured her that the mare is indeed tellng truth but she couldn't wipe out the nightmare that is still fresh in her mind. She takes a step back from Nostalgia as another visible tremor shook throughout her small body. "O-okay.. I.." She stammers as she tries not to stutter or show her fear because she was taught that the evil creatures live off the fear. She wasn't sure if Nostalgia is lying or being geniune toward her.

Nos
She heard the whimper and began to worry. "Are you hurt, little one?" She asked softly, eyeing the foal up and down.
The foal, still a baby, let out a squeak and Nostalgia's soothing voice was quick to respond.
"No, little one, I won't. What harm could I possibly want to do on such a pretty mare such as yourself? I eat the grass and the leaves, just as you do, but I may smell and look different... does looking different make me bad?"

She smiled and leaned her head down in a curteous bow. "My name is Nostalgia. I am, what you probably are thinking right now, a ghost, yes. But not all ghost are scary. In fact, I'm about to be a Mommy ghost. What's so scary about a Momma Ghost?"

Nos herself had to pause and think about the logic in her own words. Ghosts didn't have children... did they? And if they didn't, how could she explain her own situation... did that make her no longer a ghost? Or was she learning more abilities that ghosts could possess... the power to reproduce offspring?

Still smiling, she turned to look at the back legs of the little one. "Are you hurt, little one? You seem to be limping..."

Izzie
Isabella nods weakly as she lifts her sore hindleg up slightly to keep the pressure off it. "I.. I will be ok, ma'am." She stammers as she looks up at Nostalgia while her ears pricks forward hearing the soothing voice. Isabella blushes as the older female calls her pretty and she smiles tentatively at the female, shaking her head. "I.. I guess not." She looks at the ghost female and bobs her head.

"You will be a momma?" Izzie says with a huge smile on her face as her tail began to wag excitedly. That could mean she will have more friends to play with! "I am Isabella but you can call me Izzie if you want." She says as she cranes her neck around to see the pregnant belly of this ghost.

She shivers lightly as she moves toward the tree automatically for some 'warmth' and she is limping because her hind leg is almost swollen and sore to touch. She frowns slightly at Nos and nods slightly. "Yeah... its my.. leg"

Nos
"This little foal is adorable," Nostalgia thought to herself. She secretly hoped that she had a daughter who was as sweet and happy as this Isabella appeared to be, not to mention as pretty.

"Well, Izzy, yes I will be." She confirmed, unable to hide a smile from the other Soquili. "My tummy may not be showing it right now, but I have one or two little ones inside just waiting to come out and say hello to this world. Perhaps one day you would like to play with them?"

Her eyes twinkled happily. What a charming foal she had come across! But from where had the little one really come from? She tumbled out from the woods... perhaps her family lived inside among the trees?

Nos frowned as she noticed Izzy limping more than she had been before. The leg was looking very bad, and she feared it might be broken. "Izzy, I think we should go to the stream and get that in the water. The cold water should help the swelling go down.... do you think you'll be able to make it there on three legs?"

Izzie
Isabella's face brightened up when she hears that the mare in front of her is pregnant. She wags her tail excitedly as she tries to prance around to show her excitement and pleasure at the prospect of more friends but her swollen leg is stopping her from doing it. "Yes, Ms. Nostaliga! I would love to play with them when they come out!" She exclaims happily as she scoots closer to Nostaliga's body nuzzling her stomach murring happily which is very bold move for her.

Izzie turns her head toward Nostaliga's head curiously and nickers lightly, remembering that her hind leg is swollen and throbbing angrily. She nods her head and beams widely at the female soquili. "Yeah, I can make it to the stream. Its not first time I hurt my leg" She bobs her head as she looks around for the stream while her ears is perked up, straining to find the sound of bubbling water. "....Where is this stream?" She whispers as she couldn't hear the water, she turns her head toward Nostaliga with a smile on her face while she sticks close to Nostaliga for security reasons.

Nos
Nostalgia couldn't keep from smiling. Isabella seemed very enthusiastic of the prospect of having new foals to play with, and it warmed the ghost's heart to no end. Even if her children were spirits themselves, at least they could still have companions and friends in this lively world.

She watched as the injured Isabella energetically bounced around, using her three good legs, and Nos giggled as the little one accidentally tickled her stomach as she nuzzled it.

Her ears perked to hear for the stream as well, for even with her horn's light as guidance, she still wasn't sure of her exact location. Her ethereal wings opened and fluttered on her back, begging Nos in their own way to let her fly up to search for the stream, but Nostalgia wouldn't dare abandon the foal by herself on the ground. Though faint, she believed she heard a flow of water a few angles off in the distance from her current path, and she nodded her head in that direction.

"I think it's this way, Izzie." She confided to the small horse, and began to walk her slow walk, her chains dragging behind her. She hoped her already slow pace would be slow enough for the limping foal to keep up with.

"So, Izzie... where are you from? You tumbled from the trees, so is that where you come from? Are the trees your parents?" Nos teased lightly, hoping to distract Izzy from her hurt leg.

Izzie
Isabella wags her tail as she stays close to Nostaliga before she hears the giggling from the adult mare. "It tickles?" She inquires in mischevious voice before she looks up in awe at the wings, she cocks her head to side and is very tempted to rear up and n** at the wing to see if she could touch it or her muzzle will go through the wing. But she refrained from doing that due to her fear of hurting a pregnant mare.

Izzie strains her ears to hear the sound of the bubbling stream, she turns her head toward Nos just in time to see her nodding in the particular direction. "All right.. lets go!" She exclaims happily as she tries to bound along Nostalgia but with every step she take, her hind leg throbs more. She tries her best not to wince as she surrendered herself to limping slowly while staying close to the adult ghost.

Her ears pricks up as the adult female inquired about where she is from and asking if the trees are her parents, that elicted a giggle from this particular filly. "No, silly!" She exclaims with a laugh. "I am from the mountains where my mama and papa live. I don't know if trees could give birth to a foal like me" She crinkles her nose up at the thought of being an offspring of the tree.

Nos
"What a unique tree that must be, if one could give birth to such a pretty horse as you!" Nos giggled back, keeping a watchful eye on Izzie, and her wounded leg. She had heard of such a thing as Soquilis living in the mountains, but she never realized that they could raise foals in such a harsh territory. She hoped to raise hers and Jean's near their teepees, next to rivers and fields of grass, away from any form of danger.

It hurt her to see the poor thing limp her way to the stream, and Nos wished for an instant that she had arms like the two-legger that could grab the little one and fly her directly to her mother. Izzie shouldn't be out so late, and if the mother knew.....

"Why ARE you out here in the middle of the night, little one?" Nostalgia asked her, realizing she never knew. "And does your mother know where you are? I'm sure she'd worry to find out you're missing."

Of course any mother would worry about her foal's dissapearance. Nos only hoped that Izzie's mother had no clue for the moment, so that she and Nos had enough time to get her leg somewhat healed up before they returned to their home.

Izzie
Isabella laughs as she shakes her head. "I would like to see that!" She laughs more as she contiunes to limp, occasionally make a jump to escape a deep part of the snow. She began to think about the prospect of having more foals to play with and it fills her with excitement and unexpected warmth because she always is out looking for more friends or more soquilis to interact with. She could hear the bubling stream nearby as she shakes herself out of her dreamland when she hears Nos speak.

"I couldn't sleep because I had a nightmare. I didn't want to wake my mama up because she was so tired." She says in contrite voice and she looks up at Nostaliga with a frown on her face, feeling bad that she ran off without letting her mother know. "She doesn't know where I am but I am safe with you, I am sure..." She cocks her head to side watching Nostalgia. "She is probably used to me running off all of the time.." She tries to reassure herself.

Nos
She hadn't meant to worry the foal and now she felt somewhat bad for asking the questions. Nos already felt bad because she had figured the foal had hurt her leg by trying to hide away from the 'scary ghost' to begin with, but she was still glad to have Izzie's company.

"It'll be alright, I'm sure," Nostalgia reassured her. "Let's just hope that she's a heavy sleeper and that we can get you back to her before she wakes up."

She could hear the water getting louder as they walked closer towards the stream. The night air was chilly, but the stars and moon dancing above in the night sky were comforting, and shed enough light to keep the shadows from growing scary.

"So you had a nightmare, hm? Those are pretty scary... I can get nightmares too, you know." She added, hoping to make the foal feel more comfortable.

Izzie
Isabella turns her head toward the sound of the water with her ears perked up so she could follow the water. She is still young and is still learning how to detect the general direction of the sounsd. She beams widely at Nostaliga for not getting mad at her. "I think she is a heavy sleeper.. I can't even wake her up even if I want to." She falls silent as she ponders if being heavy sleeper is a good thing or not. "Is heavy sleeping good for you?" She suddenly inquired after a short lapse in a conversation.

"Yeah.. it was very scary for me. I dreamt that I was playing in the forest and the dragon like horse (kalona) suddenly came after me and chased me until I fell down, mama tried to save me but...." She trails off as she sniffles, not wanting to think about her mother dying to save her. Tears burns in her eyes as she shakes her head quickly to stop the tears from falling. "You can get nightmares too?" She blinks owlishly at the ghost mare. "I thought ghosts can't dream or have nightmares?" She says curiously.

Nos
"I don't know if heavy sleeping is good or not... I'm sure it could be good and bad... it just depends on the situation, I suppose." Nos thought over it for a minute, then smiled back down towards Izzie and watched her grow quiet. Her spunk seemed to have turned to anguish as she told of her dream, and then the little tears began to swell in the corner of her eyes, breaking Nostalgia's heart.

"Oh, sweetheart, it's alright. Kalonas wouldn't attack you..." she started, trying to think up something to say that would help. Then she got an idea.

"You're much too sweet to eat... Kalonas wouldn't dare try to snatch you up! Why... I bet they even fear they might get a toothache if they were to try you, so I wouldn't worry about some nasty winged horse coming to hurt you or your Momma." Happy with her answer, she smiled and flicked her tail to one side. Then she watched as the little Soquili seemed to puzzle herself on her own question.

"Not all nightmares come from sleep," Nostalgia said quietly, looking away for a moment. This little one was very smart indeed... she probably made her mother very proud. "No, ghosts don't sleep like you and your family do. We're more... restless. We tend to wander around at night, but we rest in the day. Like sleeping, but without the sleep. Just lie there and rejuvinate our strength for the evening ahead of us."

They had finally arrived to the little stream, and Nos was grateful for the distraction. "Do you need any help getting your leg into the water, Izzie?" She asked.

Izzie
Isabella nods mutedly at the thought of heaving sleeping can be either good or bad. She sniffles as she fights back the tears that is burning in her eyes when the image of her mother being torn apart by kalona is still fresh in her mind. She is very distressed and confused about why she have dreamt about her mother's death and a creature she haven't seen before in her life.

She turns her head toward Nos when she began to reassure her. A small weak giggle bubbles out of her when Nos told her that kalonas will probably get a toothache if they try to eat her. "You will be a very good mama, Nostaliga." She suddenly says because this mare seems to know how to make her feel better or temporarily forget about her nightmare or any negative thoughts. She stands at the almost small hill that gently slopes into the stream realizing that they have been chattering all way and she didn't even notice that her leg is swollen.

"I thought nightmares always come when you are asleep." Isabella says in puzzled voice, not sure what Nostaliga was trying to say. "Don't your eyes get dry and droopy without any sleep? I tried to stay up two days in row but my body felt so heavy and I just had to sleep because my eyes was so dry and heavy." She looks at the ghost curiously. "Where do you rest, Nostaliga?"

She realizes that they are already at the stream and she blushes slightly. "No, I am ok.. I can do this.." She tentatively takes one step on the downhill slope and slowly take four more steps into the stream. A content yet pained sigh escapes her lip when the cold water immediately surrounds her legs, covering everything up to her stomach. Isabella knows that the stream here is very gentle until its storming, thats when she have to stay away from any kind of water.

Nos
Nostalgia smiled as she watched the little one wade in the water, and hoped silently that the water would soothe the swolleness of the leg. She smiled at Izzie's comment about her being a good mother. It warmed her spirits and gave her a hope for the future.

"Well..." she said slowly, "If one can daydream and have a dream while they're awake, wouldn't it make sense to have a 'daymare' when awake as well?"

Nos slowly trotted over to the stream and gently laid down on the ground, so her face was on the same level as Izzie's head. She was careful of her tummy, but at the same time relaxed herself to where she was comfortable.

"I rest not too far from here in an indian's teepee. It is near a larger river and closer towards the mountains. During the day, however, I tend to rest underneath the nearby tree near the teepee." She paused and lifted her hoof to splash a bit of cool water at the foal, and giggled gently. "Silly girl, I'm a ghost, remember? I'm not like other Soquilis. Yes, I can get tired as well, but once I rest up, I'm no longer tired. I just don't get 'sleepy', like you do."

Izzie
Isabella walks around in the running cold water for while before she stands really still with her body facing Nostalgia with a smile on her face. Her ears swivels around as she hears Nostalgia's question and her eye squints slightly when she ponders about the question. "Yeah, it would make sense. But I don't see how soquilis could have 'daymares'.. I am sure they are more scarier than nightmares because they comes during the daytime" She says in now tiny and scared voice while her eyes are more rounded.

Izzie moves toward the shallow part of the waters and promptly sits down in it until only part of her body is visible is her head (and neck). She sighs in sheer pleasure as the water runs over her body. She squeaks as she gets splashes before she giggles. "I keep forgetting that you are a ghost." She says in sheepish voice before she suddenly jumps up and down, splashing some water toward Nostalgia laughing. "You are very lucky.. you don't get 'sleepy' like I do.. that can be fun.. walking around without getting tired." She cocks her head to side.

Nos
"Fun?"

Nostalgia was caught off guard. She had never seen her life as being... fun. Instead, it was more of a chore... a duty to perform and nothing more.

"Sometimes it's nice to rest and close your eyes to the world," Nostalgia said gently, her eyes looking wistfully past the filly and into the night.

Her eyes refocused, and she looked back down in the young one's direction. "Yes... life can be very scary indeed, depending on the situation. But life can also be very very wonderful. You've just begun your journey in this world, little Izzie, but over time you will see what I mean."

Nos smiled and nodded her head. "Trust me."

Then, she motioned her head downwards, her horn glimmering it's bright glow. "I think the swelling has gone down significantly. If you wouldn't mind coming back up onto land, I think I have enough strength left in me tonight to heal your leg with my horn. Would you like to see that trick, Izzie?" Nos asked. She never made a habit out of using her unicorn horn, and to be honest she wasn't sure if it would work properly, since she hadn't used it since she was in the Spirit Realm. But she would try, and hopefully, Izzie would be feeling much better afterwards.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 03, 2007 11:46 pm
We welcome Diabetia to the Teepee! <3

User Image

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

Ghouliboo

Garbage Spook

PostPosted: Fri Feb 09, 2007 5:53 pm
We welcome Tuxedo Mask to the Teepee! <3

User Image

Teepees

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 12 13 14 15 [>] [»|]