Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9ยพ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 5:46 pm
User Image
Heart still beating but it's not working
It's like a hundred thousand voices that just can't sing
I reached out trying to love but I feel nothing
Oh, my heart is numb

User Image

Rick breathed a sigh of relief. Well, this was going better than he thought. He gave the younger girl a smile ad nodded. "Okay, I'll let you know about when tryouts start and everything else later. And thanks, you don't realize how much I appreciate this." It was true. He'd been pondering over this choice all summer, and honestly thought that the girl would do a great job. Now, all he needed to do was prepare stuff for tryouts and he was good. That, and think of strategies. He'd drafted up a notebook for it all. He'd probably need to write everything that was running through his head down, especially since he was doing NEWTs this year. He gave Shayna a grin and started looking for Cait again. He hadn't seen her yet, and he was slightly worried, as it seemed that people disappeared during the summer on him all the time.

----------------------------------
Thinking: Hope this doesn't come back to bite me in the arse...
OOC: ...
----------------------------------

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

I'm feeling better ever since you know me
I was a lonely soul but that's the old me
A little wiser now from what you've shown me
Yeah, I feel again

Jinx

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:06 pm
User Image

The Hogwarts Express

The conductor stepped out of the train, looking around at the students. "Last call for boarding! Last call!" He stepped back in and got the train prepared for moving.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:23 pm
Written in graffiti on a bridge in a park
"Do you ever get the feeling that you're missing the mark?"
It's so cold, it's so cold
Written up in marker on a factory sign
"I struggle with the feeling that my life isn't mine"
It's so cold, it's so cold
See the arrow that they shot, trying to tear us apart
Take the fire from my belly and the beat from my heart

User Image
Uriel Adair Scott
- Muggleborn - Fourth Year - Hufflepuff -
[feeling: frantic] [thinking: good, we didn't miss it] [with: Eleazar] [at: Platform 9 and 3/4]

The Walsh family was running short on time, but what else was new? Uriel charged through the barrier, gripping his younger brother by the shoulders and pushing him in front of him, because now was not the time for Eleazar to get scared of running through and miss the train, and he didn't trust the twins not to just leave him there. Their father had dropped them off at the station, and Uriel had assured him he could get his three younger siblings on the train, limited time span be damned. The blonde boy had to abruptly stop, jerking Eleazar and the trolley to a halt, to avoid running into people, and was relieved to see that the train was still at the platform. The conductor was making the last call, though. The Hufflepuff looked around, hoping to see Claire secretly, but couldn't pick her out, if she was there, in the crowd. Well, he could always find her on the train in a not creepy way, this wasn't stalking, this was looking for a friend, and he could keep lying to himself if he so desired. "Right," he muttered, and let go of his brother, who was gasping for breath from the sudden shock of being dragged through a magical divide. "You alright there?" Uriel asked with some concern, and Eleazar nodded jerkily. The fourteen year old looked back to see the twins appearing, and decided that they were old enough to get on the freaking train themselves. He didn't need to herd them like little sheep. Eleazar on the other hand...

"Come on," he instructed briskly, and sheperded his first year sibling, wide eyed and inhaling air at a rapid pace, into the Hogwarts Express.

((exit))

I'll go making my mark, armed with a spray can soul.

Still I won't let go
Oh, you use your heart as a weapon
And it hurts like heaven
On every street, every car, every surface, a name
Tonight the streets are ours
And weโ€™re writing and saying
"Don't let them take control"
No, we won't let them take control

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:27 pm
I have screamed until my veins collapsed
I've waited as my time's elapsed

Now, all I do is live with so much hate
I've wished for this, I've bitched at that
I've left behind this little fact:

You cannot kill what you did not create
I've gotta say what I've gotta say
And then I swear I'll go away

But I can't promise you'll enjoy the noise.

User Image

๐”‡mitri ๐•ฒrigori ๐”Žamenev
๐•นadya ๐•ถamenev
ั ะฝะธะบะพะผัƒ ะฝะต ัƒัั‚ัƒะฟะปัŽ
of house Slytherin ___________ Twelve Years Old
Third Year

โ˜ญ

User Image

โ€Nadya, I โ€˜ave everโ€™eting,โ€ Dmitri squabbled, his nose scrunched up as his hair was mussed up beneath his cousin's fingers. So he shook his head indignantly, trying to smooth the dark hair, but heโ€™d instantly regretted it, because her manicured nails were already fixated on trying to tame the wild locks. โ€Na, stop, I am going to be late.โ€ He growled, literally trying to pry himself apart from his older cousin.

โ€Oh, mama would be so proud to see you,โ€ she gushed.

โ€Nadya, gerr-orff-meerh,โ€ his cheeks swelled with heat as his cousinโ€™s long arms wrapped him in a tight hug and he couldnโ€™t understand why she was keeping him stuck here. Her hands dug tight in his flesh and he almost groaned in pain and he couldnโ€™t see, her forearms were tight against his eyes as he twirled around and around and ducked down trying to escape.

โ€Be good, Dimi!โ€ But he never bothered to look back. His eyes searched the station and ghosted over the familiar faces from the few years past. Several members of his own house were milling around the platform, reluctant to board the train just yet. He knew his sister would be there, watching him, but she wouldnโ€™t really be watching him, would she? He sighed and shook his head. Next year, it would be different. Next year, he wouldnโ€™t have to worry. And this year, he would focus on quidditch, but he still held such a heavy debate on his shoulders. Should he try out for chaser this year? He wasnโ€™t very good, not compared to keeping, but the last two chasers had graduated last year, and that meant two spots were open, regardless of whoโ€™d been reserve last year. It was a new year, a new time to show off.. And hopefully steer clear of a few certain faces. Dmitri pushed his trolley forward, blue eyes scanned the scarlet train as he moved in line to hunt down a free compartment.

Weโ€™re never who we say we are.
                          1.6m (5โ€™2โ€) and 45kg (98lbs)
                          //Translations://

User Image

User Image

I guess I'll save the best for last
My future seems like one big past ________

You're left with me 'cause you left me no choice

Essy ze Ninja
Vice Captain

Partying Phantom

10,275 Points
  • Dramatic Shipping 25
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Tipsy 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:35 pm
User Image
Bow made love to needy string
In cooing fling - wanton whispers
Fondled under pianissimos,
Caressing callous hearts.

User Image

Miles ran, his trolley already trying to skid out of control right before he got control of it again. Ugh, he hatred trying to board the train. He'd have preferred it if he could have flown instead, but nope, didn't happen. He quickly got beside the train and started loading up onto it, his violin case firmly in hand as he scanned the crowd for a moment before boarding. He'd overslept, and if it wasn't for probably some of the other people in the house, would have slept right on through the train departure. Sighing, he got on board, heart clenching as he realized that this was the first year his parents wouldn't be here to see him off.

-----โ™ซโ™ฉโ™ฌโ™ชโ™ซโ™ช-----
Thinking: Mum, Da...
OOC: Next post on the train.
-----โ™ซโ™ฉโ™ฌโ™ชโ™ซโ™ช----

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

And all in a work of musical art:
Ephemeral stories, yarned of music
Honed impossibly through her tones.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:45 pm
User Imageโ˜พ โ˜† โ˜… โ˜† โ˜ฝShayna Aileen Snowโ˜พ โ˜† โ˜… โ˜† โ˜ฝ
So come and dance to the beat, wave your hands together
Come feel the heat, forever and forever
Listen and learn, it is time for prancing,
Now we are here, we're Caramell Dancing!

Hแด€สŸา“-BสŸแดแดแด…//Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก//Dแด€แด›ษชษดษข Dแด€แด ษชแด… CสŸแด€ส€ษชssแด‡//Pส€แด‡า“แด‡แด„แด›//Sแด‡แด‡แด‹แด‡ส€

Where? --- Platform 9 3/4
With? --- David and Rick
Feeling//OoC --- I have to tell David!!
Wearing --- Clothes

User Image

Shayna smiled and nodded. She waved as he left. She wanted to jump around and scream, but just then the conductor was calling for last to board. She looked around hoping to see David. It didn't take long, as the brunette wasn't far away. She stood and walked over as calmly as she could before she grinned and ran over excitement couldnt really explain how she was."David! You won't believe what just happened!! Oh do I see a prefects badge? You are a prefect? That's awesome! Me too, I just didnt out the badge on... But that's not what I'm excited about. Rick just asked me to be vice captain! Oh I'm so excited! Oh come on we need to fond a compartment before they are filled!" Shayna said in one big burst of excitement. She took a big breath before pulling out her prefect badge and pinning it to her shirt.

After a moment she leaned forward and placed a kiss on him before turning towards the train.

User Image

User Image

Make me your Aphrodite
Make me your one and only
Donโ€™t make me your enemy, Your enemy, Your Enemy,
So you wanna play with magic.
Boy, you should know what your falling for.

Sapphire The Owl

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:54 pm
jeั•ั•ฮฑะผฮนษดe ฮฑษดd ั‚oะฒฮนฮฑั• wฮฑlั•ะฝ
| ั‚wฮนษดั• | ั‚ะฝฮนrd yeฮฑrั• | ะฝฯ…า“า“lepฯ…า“า“ ฮฑษดd ษขryา“า“ฮนษดdor |

User ImagexxxxxxxxxxUser Image

jeั•ั• was just a step ahead of her twin as they barreled onto the platform. By a step ahead, that is to say, she had leaped onto the trolley with their trunks as they went through it, and she was now perched on it, grinning like a madwoman. "Onward!" she shrieked, and her brother rolled his eyes with practiced nonchalance, and they tore through the crowd, narrowly avoiding knocking several students over, ignoring all curses, most of them the unmagical kind, directed at them. The train was gleaming red, shrouded in steam, and Jess could feel her insides jumping around. They were back in action for another year.

ั‚oะฒy pushed the trolley with a few grunts, struggling to dash with it from the combined weight of their things and his sister, though she didn't really weigh much. Still, it was his duty as her brother to let her know that it felt like she did. "You eat bricks for breakfast today?" he muttered, gritting his teeth. She was ignoring him, eyes on the train. "Lose a few or get off, sister dearest," he jeered as politely as possible, because Jess might try and beat him up, and she wasn't very strong but he swore she filed her nails into points.

She fixed him with a not very Hufflepuff appropriate glare that would probably have made dark wizards whimper in fear, and nimbly hopped off, spinning a little. "Work on those powerful muscles," she sneered, "And then maybe you won't be second reserve beater."

He winced. Crap, now she was pissed, and a pissed off Jess was more dangerous than a Hungarian Horntail. Twice as likely to bite your head off, too. Fudger, she just growled, literally bared teeth at Dmitri Whateverhislastnamewas as they went by. Yeah, she was annoyed now. "Lookit, there's Gypsy with a first year," he offered this statement up as bait, hoping to quell the coming fire breathing. The two made their way over, him staring at his shoes guiltily, her with a face like thunder that lightened upon seeing her biffle or whatever girls called themselves.

Cara MiaKitty

Mizuki226

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:55 pm
User Image
User Image

"Thank you, Ned," Coffee smiled, feeling that warm fuzzy thing again. For once, she didn't feel like moving. As much as she complained about home, it was home and she loved it. So, while Ned was here, Coffee was fully prepared to take advantage of this and have no shame sticking close to her sister. Hmph.

It couldn't last too long, however. When the conductor shouted out for the last call, Coffee turned to the older Heist with a wry smile. Hugging the other girl, Coffee mumbled a soft 'bye' and a 'take care!' to her sister, waving back with a smile as she boarded the train-- post-dropping off her luggage in the empty compartment-- and as she was in the train too, looking out from the compartment window.

m i l k , t w o s u g a r s u s e t h e r o a s t - - -
d i a g o n a l l e y s t r e e t s
โœ–
m e m y s e l f a n d i โœ–
f i r s t y e a r / t r a i nโœ–
n e u t r a l โœ–
s i n g l e โœ–

Quote:

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 6:59 pm
User ImageUser ImageUser Image

There was a pop and two of the Engels appeared on the platform. Cait tucked her wand into her pocket and continued to glare at her younger brother. She ground her teeth together as she realized that everyone was getting on the train. "Good timing, no?" Darren gave a lopsided grin at his furious sister.

Her last year and he made her late for the train."You're lucky mum won't let me hex you..." She growled out. Though, most of her anger subsided when she spotted a familiar red head. "Get on the train, you git," Caitlin pushed her brother to the scarlet steam engine, ignoring the kissy faces he was making at her when he realized what she was looking at. Cait walked toward Rick, her pursed lips pulled to the right side as she gingerly slipped her hand into his. "Shall we?" She nodded toward the train that would take them to their last year of schooling. Caitlin chewed her lip anxiously before stepping on.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 25, 2014 7:12 pm
User Image

The Hogwarts Express

With a piercing whistle and a puff of steam, the doors of the Hogwarts Express closed. The students all on board, leaning out the windows and waving at their families, The train engine slowly inched forward, before picking up speed as it left the station.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Sun Jan 26, 2014 5:12 pm
((OOC- I hope this is okay. I was just accepted to the guild last night and I'm rushing to get everything in. I'm getting my characters posted tonight and hopefully working on prettier layouts tonight and/or tomorrow morning.))

Leo David
26 - 6โ€™4 - Former Auror, current homemaker
Ravenclaw alum

User ImageUser Image Two figures rushed through the train station. A large man with a bag over his shoulder and a trunk drug behind him as he rushed the young, slight girl next to him ahead, rushing down the stairs and platforms. Glares and a few angry shouts followed them as they broke into a run down Platform 9. A guard gave a warning call for them to slow down but when they did not he turned to trundle after them. But as the portly man stepped around one of the columns, the two that he was chasing were no where to be found. Reaching up to scratch his head, tipping his blue cap to the side, he stared at the emptiness that the two were just running towards. Shrugging, he straightened his hat and turned back to his post.

Bursting through the barrier, Leo had just barely managed to get Ally to the train before they closed the doors, handing her trunk and bag off to a porter bearing a supremely disappointed scowl. Even still, the doors were closed and the train whistled out a column of steam and as he stepped back, he saw a haunted little face still standing at the door inside the train, looking at him uncertainly. Raising a large hand, he waved to her and worked to assemble his features into an encouraging smile. She smiled weakly back and raised her hand as the conductor beckoned her down the aisle to find a cabin.

Leo realized that he was still standing there, his hand up in the air as the train disappeared out of the station. He felt like the child. Lost. Confused. What was he supposed to do now? Was she safe? Would he have been better to get her to Hogsmeade on his own and get to have a proper good bye or was the fast break better? But did she feel thrown away? Maybe he should have let her have a pet to take to school. Maybe his firm stance on good grades first was too strict. He had wanted to keep her grounded. But she had been through so much. How had Darius thought that he was up for this?

The crowd of parents that had sent their children off was dispersing, Apparating away or making their way back to the barrier. His ocean blue eyes swung around feeling a little helpless. How in that moment he wanted to reach out and grab one of them, ask them what he should do next. If it was normal to be so scared. What if someone hurt her? Kids teased her? What if she stumbled and fell? Who was going to pick her up. The ridiculousness of his own thoughts was not lost on him. This child wasnโ€™t even his own. How could other parents walk away so easily and he felt stuck.

Pushing his hands deep in the pockets of his long black waistcoat, he gave himself one more minute to stare up the now empty track before he grudgingly turned away. Ally was off to start a new phase of her life, maybe it was time that he thought about what his next step was.

Alastrine Whitlow
11 - First Year - Unsorted

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:37 pm
User Image

The Hogwarts Express

The scarlet engine pulls into the station, ready to start the long journey to another year of school. Students and parents come to board the train to go another year. In an hour or so, the train will pull out, taking students to Hogwarts.

((OOC: You may begin posting students arriving to start the new year at school. The train will be leaving the station on the 23rd for the school.))

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:48 pm
User Image
                                                When your dreams all fail
                                                And the ones we hail
                                                Are the worst of all
                                                And the bloodโ€™s run stale

User Image
                                                โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•โ•

Rแด€แด แด‡ษดแด„สŸแด€แดก || Fแดแดœส€แด›สœ Yแด‡แด€ส€ || Cสœแด€sแด‡ส€

Xavier stepped onto the platform, looking a little more emotionless than normal. His eyes scanned the crowd, and not seeing anyone, he started going to the train. He didn't know if he wanted to talk to anyone or not, but seeing as half of his family either died or vanished from his life. He gripped the trolley his trunk was on and bit his lip, deciding that he really should get on the train before Bradley showed up or something. He really didn't need the awkwardness of that side of the family right now. It was bad enough that he had to endure his father's awkwardness.

Thinking: Oh, please don't let Bradley or one of his friends see me...

So they dug your grave
                                                And the masquerade
                                                Will come calling out
                                                At the mess you've made

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:59 pm
User Image
                                                        Lately I been, I been losing sleep
                                                        Dreaming about the things that we could be
                                                        But baby, I been, I been prayin' hard
                                                        Said no more counting dollars
                                                        We'll be counting stars
                                                        Yeah, we'll be counting stars

User Image

$ล‚โ‘‚ั‚ะฝโ„ฎา‘ั—ฮท || โ„ฑรธสŠา‘ั‚โ™„ ยฅฮตฮฑา‘ || แน”า‘รธสŠโ…พ โ™สŠแธ“โ™ญโ„“รธโ˜บโ…พ

Jer pushed his trunk through the barrier, knowing that his family wasn't that far behind. Especially considering that he'd run into his little brother on his way through the barrier and could join him on the train. He hadn't seen how much Kenny had socialized during the school year, but that might have to do with the fact that Kenny was quiet by nature. Just meant he had to be loud enough for the both of them, he guessed. He decided to find a place and wait against the wall, his arms crossed and hoping that it didn't take long for the others to get through. He especially hoped his best friend would arrive soon, so that he could ask her precisely where he had met the kid that looked identical to him and find out he was his older brother. Dumb genetics test. At least he had some relations, real relations that is. Not that he had cared before, but Michael seemed to care.

Location: Platform 9 3/4
                                                        Thoughts: I hope Kenny and the rest get through the barrier soon...

I feel the love
                                                        And I feel it burn
                                                        Down this river every turn
                                                        Hope is our four letter word
                                                        Make that money
                                                        Watch it burn

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 60 61 62 63 64 65 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games