Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 12:49 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxAravis remembered her last year well. So much had happened then. She had so many good dreams about the future. Some of them came true and some of them turned into nightmares. Her last year, that was the one where Will proposed to her. Had it really been that long? She felt a pain in her heart as she thought about it. "Life's always full of good things and bad things. Sure, you're leaving Hogwarts, but the rest of the world's pretty awesome too," Aravis replied. It was true. Aravis could have chosen to just stay in her room, barricaded from the rest of the world, but she did not. Life went on, and so did she.

xxxxxWilliam Zephyr stood impatiently by his mother. He was not sure why she had to stop and talk with this other girl. He swore he heard his mother call her Caitlin. That was a pretty name. Eventually she asked for his name. "My name is William Zephyr and I'm four years old!" the boy said enthusiastically. He liked meeting new people. He got to meet lots of new people with the amount of Quidditch matches he got to go to.

xxxxxAravis smiled as William Zephyr introduced himself. She could not bring herself to give him a nickname or to call him by something shorter. He was named for two men that she loved that passed long before their time. William was for her late husband and Zephyr was for her father.

Rawwry

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:54 pm
User Image
You are the melody that plays through my veins
Over and over, again and again
Your sweet affection, I know it won't change

════════════════════════
𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕙 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 || 𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣 || ℭ𝕙𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕣
════════════════════════

Caitlin pursed her lips, "It's just...I don't really have a plan after this. After Hogwarts, I'm not really sure what to do. I haven't thought that far ahead and it sort of scares me. I'm not even sure what I'm qualified to do," Cait frowned. The future scared her, that's probably why she enjoyed History of Magic quite a bit. At first, she figured if she could just surround herself in history, maybe she wouldn't have to live in the future. But it seemed that it just wasn't true and now she had to move on.

Cait bit her lip when Aravis' son introduced himself. What do people usually say to children? Compliment them a lot? Talk in a baby voice? When she had children, if she had any children, she'd never talk down to them. Mentally, she shrugged, figuring whatever she could think of would be appropriate.
"That's a lovely name, William Zephyr. I'm Caitlin."

════════════════════════
OOC:

A song would last for ever
Further than the sky above
For ever on, cause this is love

User Image

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

a porg
Vice Captain

Anxious Astronomer

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 6:19 pm
User ImageUser Image

xxxxxNot having a plan. That was such a Gryffindor thing to do. Aravis did not have a plan at that point either. Things just sort of happened. "Find something that you love and do it," she said. It was the best advice she could give. "Really, I've never had a plan. I became a healer because at the time my husband was working with dragons. He had always wanted to do that. Really, I've never liked dragons. They're quite dangerous. Of course, now it doesn't matter, but I really like being a healer. It helps when I've got William Zephyr to take care of," she added, wondering if Caitlin had ever met Will. Perhaps he had graduated before she started. Then there was Darryn. Being a healer was just an added benefit for her boyfriend.

xxxxx"I like that name!" William Zephyr exclaimed as Caitlin introduced herself. He could not help but like Caitlin. She was not like most older people, talking down to him. She was like a kid, but without trying to be a kid. William Zephyr liked that. He was almost five now, and he felt as though he was becoming a grown up, and so he hated when people treated him like a baby.

Rawwry

PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 2:45 pm
User Image
You are the melody that plays through my veins
Over and over, again and again
Your sweet affection, I know it won't change

════════════════════════
𝕊𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟𝕥𝕙 𝕐𝕖𝕒𝕣 || 𝔾𝕣𝕪𝕗𝕗𝕚𝕟𝕕𝕠𝕣 || ℭ𝕙𝕒𝕤𝕖𝕣
════════════════════════

Caitlin took in the older girl's advice. She just didn't know what she wanted to do. Or if anyone would be interested in what she was putting out there and it discouraged her quite a bit. Absentmindedly, Cait brought fingers through her hair before speaking, "I, uh, I like singing. And quidditch, but I don't really think I have what it takes to make it," Cait frown creased further. But then William Zephyr said he liked her name and she gave him a small smile. "Thank you! What do you think I should be when I grow up?" Caitlin asked, maybe this little boy had the answer to all of her questions. She surely hoped he did.

════════════════════════
OOC:

A song would last for ever
Further than the sky above
For ever on, cause this is love

User Image

Rawwry

Feral Fatcat

5,800 Points
  • Battle: Cleric 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Flatterer 200

PropertyofGaara

PostPosted: Sat Jan 04, 2014 1:53 am
User Image

Accompanied by Jacob and Helena Hornby.

Wren stood, sucking in the view of witches, wizards and magical storefronts like the view off a mountain peak at sunset; it was utterly exhillerating. He nearly couldn't will himself to walk forward, and indeed, neither could his parents, but for very different reasons. Helena Hornby, a formerly wire-framed woman filled out to normal proportions by two past pregnancies with long caramel hair, feral spirited eyes and an artsy, earthy sense of fashion, was squeezing her son's hand with a vice-like grip, just as Wren's little brother Archie had earlier that morning when they left him at the baby-sitter's. He was absolutely hysterical that he was going to be left behind. Even with such an exciting day ahead, Wren had managed to feel only exceptionally guilty as his sobbing brother leeched onto him. But as the three present adults pried them apart, Wren was distracted by how he could have sworn for a moment their hands seemed glued together. But now all guilt and theories about glued hands were completely washed away.

"Right, we'll need the bank first. The fellow from yesterday said they don't use the pound." Jacob Hornby mustered weakly, finding courage in having some direction. He was slightly tall, blond, and very dashing - the kind of charming face that most salesmen would die for and made every one assume he was an actor. He was well dressed in a way that told you he was the type that never actually left work behind him. "Keep an eye out for a large building called 'Gringotts'. And stay close, Wren." He lead the way wearily, looking about himself frantically as though he were in a particularly bad part of town in the late hours of the day. His arms were hovering awkwardly at his sides, as though ready to sweep his wife and son out of danger's way at any moment. He tried to walk as far from the passing strangers as possible, with little success, as they were in a crowded alleyway.

Wren kept whipping his head left to right, trying to get a good look at all the shops on both sides, which his mother made difficult by almost literally shoving him along, keeping him squished between her and his father. Wren found her behavior quite odd; she wasn't usually such an over-protective parent. More than wanting to understand her motives though, he just wished she'd slow down. But it was alright - they'd have to head back this way to get home, And we'll be passing by with money to spend, Wren mused to himself with a grin, slipping his free hand into his pocket to run his fingers through his savings that he'd smuggled with him.

User Image

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:27 pm
User Image

Thane Findlay
Ten~Muggleborn

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Thane groaned as several younger children ran past him, a couple staring at him as he passed. "Gremlins," he muttered, walking further down the street. Thane's much older nephew was elsewhere, probably looking for a job or doing research for one of his superfluous projects. Thane ran his fingers over the two galleons in his pocket he had been given to buy something. At this point, the ten year old didn't know what to do with it. He didn't really like candy, and the bookstores he had already read three times through. Then again, they did update their stock every now and then. It couldn't hurt to check, he thought. First, he took the time to find a wall to lean on and look imposing. The more people he could discourage from talking to him the better, he said to himself as he glared at Planet Earth.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Kai Sparrowheart

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:42 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Ten Years Old Future Hogwarts Student Grecian Half-Blood

Kalin was running only a little late to meet his big brother at his "surprise location." But he had a good excuse! When he had fire-called at their home he had been cooking and he wasn't technically allowed to be cooking without an aide. So he spent the next twenty minutes cleaning and airing out the place to make it look like he hadn't been experimenting in the kitchen again. When that failed he hoped the cookies he had in his backpack would be enough to pacify the older male. As he was walking along the streets of Diagon he still couldn't contain his look of awe. It was so different here then in America, in more ways than one. While he was walking he saw a boy just about his age leaning against a wall and glaring at everything and everyone. Kalin stopped and frowned thinking of a way he might be able to help before coming up with an answer and digging in his pack to bring out a cookie. "Are you allergic to chocolate?" the American boy quite randomly asked.

Love, gimme love, gimme love
I don't need it, but I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag, in a box
Put an X on the floor
Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more
Shut up and sing it with me!
NANANANANANANA NANANANANANANA

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 2:50 pm
User Image

Thane Findlay
Ten~Muggleborn

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Thane was watching the crowd venomously, daring them to speak to him, when someone actually had the nerve to do so. It was another kid, about his age, walking up to him and asking him about...cookies? Cookies.
"Actually, no. But I do think you're giving me an allergic reaction, so if you'd gladly walk in the opposite direction and never speak to me again that would be greatly appreciated," he breathed flatly, his heavy Scottish accent pushing at the air. He hated people, really did. To be honest, he wouldn't mind a cookie, but it didn't seem appropriate to take one now.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Kai Sparrowheart

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:04 pm

Kalin pouted at the other boy's rude and abrupt answer. He was only trying to be nice! He was going to say so but the boy's heavy accent stopped him and made him tilt his head. "Are you Scottish? Are you from Scotland? Oo! Have you seen Hogwats? Errmm...or was it Horgwats? I don't remember but apparently it's a magical boarding school in Scotland with magic walls, and a Lake, and a Squid, and bunch of other stuff." It was then the boy realized he had been rambling to the other kid like they were pals or something and properly became embarrassed. "Sorry, I know you don't want me around or anything, so I'll just give you this and be on my merry way!" he took out the earlier chocolate chip cookie and wrapped it in one of his tissues (clean of course!) and presented it to him.

Put an X on the floor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 3:15 pm
User Image

Thane Findlay
Ten~Muggleborn

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Thane threw a hand up in the air. "Yes, I'm Scottish. Yes, I've seen Hogwarts. Hogwarts has nice architecture. Your face also has nice architecture, which I will ruin with my fist if you don't leave me alone." He seethed, rolling his eyes heavily, and looking back at the boy with his irises still half-hidden by his eyelids. His expression changed slightly when the boy handed him a cookie anyway. He still wanted to give him a cookie? His patience was impressive. Thane reluctantly took it from the boy and stared at the thing wrapped in clean tissue.
"Thanks," he grumbled, taking a bite of it. It wasn't half bad.
"Did you make this? Does this have something in it? Are you trying to drug me?"

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Kai Sparrowheart

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 5:01 pm

Kalin actually took a step back after the boy's outburst not worried that he'd be hit (he had a feeling if the other wanted to hit him he would've already) but still not liking his raised voice. Jeebus, who peed in his cereal? He did however do a slight happy dance (on the inside of course!) when he took the cookie and even said thank you! "I'm Kalin, by the way. Kalin Abrams. I just moved here from California with my older brother." He did however look affronted when he asked if he was trying to drug him. At that point he threw up his own hands in the air in exasperation. "Yes I made it, the only thing in it is sugar, milk, chocolate, salt, baking soda, flour, and a little bit of cinnamon. And why would I be trying to drug you when we've only just met?! Jeebus!" Kalin exclaimed.

Put an X on the floor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 8:38 pm
User Image

Thane Findlay
Ten~Muggleborn

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Almost feeling bad for the kid, Thane frowned. "My name's Thane Findlay.
You moved from California with your brother? What about your parents,"
he asked dryly. He didn't really advance cautiously in these situations. Thane blinked when Kalin actually sort of got upset. Understandably upset. Usually everyone who talked to Thane got upset at one point or another.
"You put cinnamon in your chocolate chip cookies? Creative," he mumbled, finishing the cookie which he had like more than he would care to admit.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Kai Sparrowheart

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 05, 2014 9:15 pm

Kalin immediately felt bad as the kid attempted to make conversation with him after his short outburst. He even gave his name! However at his question about his family he gave a small frown unconsciously grasping the locket that hung from his neck before answering. "My parents died a nearly a year ago. My brother adopted me and we moved over here only after a few months." Kalin grinned in sudden pride though when he was given praise over his baking. "Thanks! You should try the other stuff I bake. I can't do it a lot, Wyatt doesn't like it when I use the oven when he isn't there but sometimes it just gets so boring that I can't help it! I'm actually on my way now to meet up with him, what about you?" he asked suddenly.

Put an X on the floor

PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 6:37 pm
User Image

Thane Findlay
Ten~Muggleborn

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Thane rose his eyebrows, surprised. Their situations weren't very different, it turned out. "I'm sorry to hear that. My dad died, but it was a while ago. It's not the same thing, or at least not as fresh," he said stiffly, frowning. It was going to be hard not to have a soft spot for the kid now. Not many people understood why Thane was the way he was. At least he had met someone who actually had experience the same pain for once. Not that he was happy the boy had to experience it.
"Boring? Is he usually at work or something? As for me, I'm waiting for my nephew. I stay with him- he's older than me. He's off somewhere," he said.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Kai Sparrowheart

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Mon Jan 06, 2014 8:56 pm

Kalin frowned as Thane mentioned that his own dad died and felt a sort of connection with the other. Not a good connection to have but at least maybe he won't try to punch him in the face anymore. He did wonder why he didn't mention his mom but he didn't want to push him now that he was trying to be nice. When he asked about his brother he shook his head, paused for a second, then shrugged. "Actually Idunno where's he's been these past few weeks. He went off after we moved into our house to look for a job and then never told me if he found one. I think he has since he's been really excited for the last few days but he won't tell me!" the younger brother pouted for a second before tilting his head in confusion, a bit like a puppy, at the other's words. "You live with your nephew? Ho-huh?"

Put an X on the floor

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 62 63 64 65 66 67 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games