Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Anonymous Gift Giving Thread - It's Back! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 ... 723 724 725 726 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Will you participate?
  Yes, this sounds like fun!
  No, this is lame.
  Gold!
View Results

PandyChibi

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 2:06 pm
*kicks gifts in the air* If I had to choose one, I'd say the one with the panda in the flower whee  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:35 pm
Thank you very much for my new ...hachimaki? hair..bow thingy biggrin  

Alarias

Militant Dabbler

12,900 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Miss Sane

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 4:25 pm
Wow, O N Y X is giving out some sweet gifts...hope I get some from her!

*tosses a gift into the air*  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:11 pm
Thanks whomever sent the Solar Flare tattoo!  

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:44 pm
heart Ladi's Quest For Uber Expensive Items ~With Stuff~ heart

Oh look look, I found random stuff in my storage box I had forgotten about *throws them out*

Ladi Quiz - heart - Ladi Johari - heart - Ladi Nohari

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:25 pm
"You be careful. People in masks cannot be trusted."

Don't you love the joie de vivre in here? heart mrgreen  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:30 pm

I do I do aretoo, of course it would be really nice if we could get some fresh faces in here. Not that I mind getting a lot of gifts, but getting new members in here that don't have a lot of stuff and would be truly grateful for the little things and the piles of freebie that we got that they missed out on would be so wonderful.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:33 pm
Indeed. And people, new and old, keeping their wish lists up to date. (Admittedly, I'm pretty horrible at that myself, but...) mrgreen

...Er... and not ridiculously expensive. I've seen people whose wish lists consist entirely of monthly items 2003-2005. eek  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:37 pm

I do have some very pricey items on my list and some pricey items won't go on my list (like the fallen wish) because it say the item doesn't exist. However I also try to keep a wide assortment of less than 2K items there as well...little odds and ends that complete various outfits.

I am not saying that people here aren't truly grateful when someone gives them something small or something that isn't an MC from 2003/04 but I think new players to Gaia would appreciate certain items more than members who have been playing for more than 6 months.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:42 pm
Agreed entirely, Ladi. I, er, I mean, someone anonymous, love(s) browsing wish lists like yours; sometimes large items can be afforded, sometimes not-so-large... mrgreen I actually need to refresh mine; it only has 2 items (and 2 that were recently donated) on it... and they're pretty damn spendy. smile

EDIT: I must say, I personally find it a bit off-putting when people ONLY have a ton of old monthlies on their wish list, or when they come in asking for something like that. (It reminds me a bit of the time someone PM-ed me saying, "You're old. Why don't you give me your Chayku Norisu; you won't be on here much longer." stressed

And there's a lot of us usual guildies that don't have wish lists at all; makes me be more creative, admittedly, but I'd rather get people something they'd like, and that they don't already have (but don't use often). neutral  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

Erverain

Enduring Loiterer

24,975 Points
  • Battle: Knight 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:48 pm
...I rarely update my wish lists... I guess it's because I don't go digging through shop inventories all that much. I'm a rather whimsical dresser when it comes to these things. If I can make it work, and the mood hits me right, then I'll find some way to make it work. It's like cake. There is a time and place for it, and when it's good, it's good.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 7:53 pm
I know what you mean, Erve... a lot of the things that I end up putting on my wish list (or just out-and-out buying) I stumble across while trying to find items for people in *this* thread. ^_^ As a matter of fact, the most recent one I had on there didn't even last a day before someone donated it to me in here. whee

I *am* very good about updating my wish list when someone gives me something, though, so (a) it shows others that it has been donated (and I'm always very grateful when that happens), and (b) no-one else gets it for me (because... well, that just wouldn't be nice of me.)  

aretoo
Crew

5,500 Points
  • Signature Look 250
  • Alchemy Level 1 100
  • Member 100

LadiSilverfox

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 8:02 pm

My list is so long because I don't like to take off items that have been donated only bought by me. I have a lot of happiness from looking at my list and seeing how much people have given to me - reminds I am loved and some days I really need that.

But also, I am the kind of person who wants one of everything in every color. My wishlist would be ten miles long if I put everything I wanted on it than no one would want to read it.

But I really like getting things for people that are going to be meaningful to them, that is why I love wishlist shopping for people.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:52 pm
Thank you for my teddy bear! *cuddles it* Though I don't think I'm going to use it to hold fish. blaugh

I try to have a variety in prices on my wishlist- heaven knows I'm always thankful when people have cheaper things on their list in addition to the pricey ones. I should go through though and check though to make sure there's some cheap stuff on there.

I know what you mean about wanting some things in every color, Ladi. XD I'm that way with some items too.

Myself, I don't much care the price of the item I recieve whether it's a common cheap one or an expensive rare one, it's just nice to know that someone thought of me and gave me a gift. ^_^  

Alantie Mistaniu

124-C

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 10:29 pm
Uh... thanks for the whip... I, uh, I assume I got that last night?

...Thanks.  
Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 647 648 649 650 651 652 ... 723 724 725 726 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games