Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 10:39 am
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
But it flew away from her reach
And the bullets catch in her teeth
User Image
User Image

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

Tanya was walking along the cobbled streets of Diagon with her backpack starting to fill with school supplies for the needed year. One of the major things she could check off her list was a broom since her Mum had already gifted her with one on her twelfth birthday. It wan old and sturdy Nimbus but was beautiful and it was all hers to love and cherish. However these new course books were negotiable, ugh! Who said they needed two just for Astronomy?! As she was going through the crowds she felt her feet begin to hurt and berated herself for wearing flat shoes on such a ragged surface and contemplated finding somewhere to sit and maybe get a drink to relieve the heat.

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

WearingWhere: Diagon AlleyWith: NobodyThinking: Where to next?OOC
So lying underneath those stormy skies.
She said oh-oh-oh-oh-oh-oh.
I know the sun must set to rise.

PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 3:57 pm
User Image

Accompanied by Jacob and Helena Hornby.

The three Hornby's exitted the goblin bank all a little bit whiter. Their wizard guide had failed to explain what a goblin was, or that they would be meeting and dealing with some on their trip. Therefore, when his parents found themselves surrounded by dozens of short men with pointy long fingers, sharp teeth and little black beady eyes, they were utterly paralyzed. Wren had handled the exchange, but even he admittedly found something off-putting about them. At least he was able to take advantage of his parent's debilitation to exchange his own savings seamlessly. "So, the letter said I can get a pet, right?" Wren hoped his parents were still so shaken they would be easily shepherded where he obviously wanted to go. However, they said nothing; Jacob looked like he was going to be sick. Helena was wringing her son's hand with unpleasant vigor.

Just as Wren started to feel his parent's distress seep into his own mood, he caught a whiff of something sweet and inviting drifting by on the air. The way it lifted his spirits gave him an idea. "Erm, actually, how about we get a bite first? I'm feeling a bit peckish." Helena exchanged a weary glance with her husband. "Let's wait until we get home, shall we?" She muttered in a barely audible, embarrassed whisper, "...it smells like gingerbread, Jacob." Wren knew his mother was imagining the fabled incriminating scent and suspected that his dad thought as much too, yet he seemed to commiserate with his wife any way. They'd had a nasty row last night and Wren had no doubt he was making extra effort to keep in her good graces today.

But Wren was determined to convince his parents this place wasn't as threatening as they were making it out to be. He had to; it was going to be his world. It was then that he spotted a girl that looked only a little older than him walking alone in the other direction. Her face made him feel like she was a good enough person. Perhaps talking to her could help him prove that wizards were probably just as humane as 'muggles'. He hurried after her before she got out of earshot, yanking himself free of his unsuspecting mother. "Excuse me! Sorry to bother, but you seem to know your way around here a lot better than me. D'you know of a good spot to eat around here?" He dropped his voice to explain further, "My mum an dad are a bit nervous - we just learned about magic yesterday. I thought a pick-me-up could do 'em some good."

User Image

PropertyofGaara

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Wed Jan 08, 2014 5:12 pm
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
User Image
User Image

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

Tanya had just decided that nice cup of raspberry ice cream would hit the spot when a random voice came running towards her. Startled, she turned to see a boy, maybe her age or younger, asking if there was a nice place to ear. She stared at him curiously for a second before her mouth formed a perfect "o" in understanding. From what she'd heard Muggle parents were either as excited as their child or completely terrified of the magical world. "Sure thing! Well.....if you want a nice cosy sit-down meal there's the Leaky Cauldron. They have an amazing fish and chip plate. But...for a pick-me-up....definitely Florean Fortescue's Ice Cream Parlor. Admittedly there's a few odd flavors but they also have an entire muggle menu as well. Oo! And if you're feeling fancy they have this new restaurant that just opened, erm..le petite something or other. Either way, I still suggest the ice cream." she said with a giggle having talked animatedly the entire time. Tanya looked around the not-so-crowded alley way and for a split second considered just giving them directions but knowing her luck she'd get them lost in the middle of Knockturn. "Would you like a guide? I would give you directions but umm, don't want to get you lost here on your first visit." she whispered the last part to the boy personally.

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

WearingWhere: Diagon AlleyWith: A boy and his familyThinking: Ohboy...OOC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 3:44 am
User Image

Wren listened closely to the options, nodding in acknowledgement. "Reckon you're right, ice cream always does the trick." He beamed at the girl with gratitude. Her welcome was more than he could have hoped for. "Would I? A guide would be brilliant. We'd be happy to treat you if you showed us the way." He made sure to say loud enough for his parents, who had just caught up with him, to hear. His mother swallowed an angry tirade forming on the tip of her tongue about running off in such a large crowd and talking to strangers when she saw who he was talking to. His dad likewise seemed about to say something, but stopped once Wren offered to pay for her ice cream, as it would be unimaginably rude to retract such an offer. "I'm Hornby by the way - Wren Hornby. My dad's Jake and my mum's Elen." Helena nudged her son stealthily in the back. Had he somehow forgotten everything she'd ever taught him about manners? Jacob smiled reassuringly at the girl. "Thank you. We're used to Warren running off - but usually after critters, not young ladies. Maybe he's finally getting to be that age." He jabbed playfully at his son in revenge for tying him into an engagement without permission, even using the full name he disliked. Wren's smile faltered as he mentally kicked himself and prayed the girl wouldn't be offended or weirded out by such a comment.

User Image

O.O.C. : "The name's Bond... James Bond." As a kid I always wondered why he said his last name first. It all makes sense now.  

PropertyofGaara

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:15 am
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
User Image
User Image

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

Tanya beamed happy to help people, it was her Gryffindor way of course, and the added benefit of a frozen treat did help. Her excitement however dimmed at the angry mother coming towards her causing her to unconsciously take a step back least she start coming at her. She turned back to the boy as he was making introductions smiling at each person in turn. At the father's welcome and teasing she giggled reminded of her Aunt Fi and her mother. "Hello all, my name's Tanya Cherri and that's alright Mr. Hornby. I rue the day my baby brother gets up to that age." She grinned wryly and tried to stifle her laughter at the awkward look on Wren's face.

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

WearingWhere: Diagon AlleyWith: Wren (Warren), Mr. and Mrs. HornbyThinking: NOT MY COOKIE!!!OOC

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:32 am
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.
Is fire from the tongues of liars."

Claire sighed, though outwardly she projected her usual nice and doll-like self, inside she was wondering why she had a camera. It wasn't like she was going to be nice to Josh, nope. She just...thought it was stupid that he had never seen the outside world before. It wasn't like Claire actually liked Josh, he was such a prat all the time after all.
...Nope she didn't like him. Not even a tiny bit, You lie so much Claire.

The blonde stopped in her tracks, did she just talk to herself? Was she really doing this? Was this really happening right now? Claire shook her head some as she raised the camera she held in her hands and snapped a pic of some of the shops on Diagon Alley.
Nope she wasn't hearing things, now she just needed to take more pics. Maybe she could make a scrapbook of some kind?

A scrapbook? Really? Are you becoming that pathetic, little girl?

Claire continued to walk down the alley, ignoring the thoughts she was having and snapped another picture.

My feelings? I'm conflicted you know?
Precious thought of mine, "....I'm not turning into some crazy person."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

PropertyofGaara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 2:15 pm
User Image

Jacob rung out in a light, warm chuckle. If Wren knew what Felix Felicius was, he'd swore he'd just had a sip. Nothing seemed to put the damper on Tanya's generosity. "You've got one too, eh? Mine's just turned seven. He'd of loved all this." Mentioning his brother brought his thoughts back to his theories. "Er, how likely is it that he's also, y'know, a wizard?" An impatient throat clearing interrupted him. "Lovely to meet you, Miss Cherri." Helena lilted in a forcedly bright voice. There was a mask of calm painted over her features. "Wren, perhaps you can hold your interrogation until we've all got seats under us?" Right on cue, traffic in the vicinity seemed to congest; Wren slipped out of a particularly pushy person's way and when he looked around, found himself a step closer to Tanya. He picked her up in greater detail at this distance. "I like your earrings." He blurted honestly and immediately, like reflex. The gold pointy-eared orbs were elegant yet cute, just like the felines they represented. Once he realized he felt he might be closer to her personal space bubble than he'd of liked he struggled to get back outside it with little success. "Er, sorry about my mum. But perhaps she's got a point. We're right behind you. Literally." He added with a grin.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 4:08 pm
When she was just a girl
She expected the world
User Image
User Image

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

Tanya's grin widened as she nodded at the rhetorical question. "Mine turned nine this year and he's just a bag full of questions." At his question she opened her mouth to answer but was cut off by his mother who decided to interject herself and talk to her son about possible sitting arrangements. "You as well Mrs. Horn-" the poor girl was cut off by a wayward person pushing in front of her. With a frown at the rude people she didn't notice Wren stepping closer to her until he was just right there. She blinked at his sudden closeness and pinked at the compliment to her earrings, bringing up a hand to touch them. Before she could say anything he had already stepped back and was apologizing. "Thanks, cats are one of my favorite animals. Well,...cats and rabbits." As if on cue Marvin the bunny popped out her backpack sniffing the air with his cute dark pink nose and his long ears flopping. "Marvin! How'd you get in there?" she lightly scolded feeling him move around. Tanya moved her bag around and pulled her pet out lightly boinking him on the nose then kissing it with a grin. Seeing the traffic finally slowing she jumped forward giving a thumbs up to Wren's confidence in her leadership abilities. "Alright, everyone form a single file line and please keep your hands to yourselves at all times during transit, thank you!" She giggled at her own hilarity before walking purposely towards the ice cream shop.

︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺︵ ︶ ︷ ︸ ︹ ︺

WearingWhere: Diagon AlleyWith: Wren, Mr. and Mrs. HornbyThinking: To the ice cream!OOC

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

PropertyofGaara

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 5:31 pm
User Image

Playing along with his guide's lead, Wren snapped to attention behind Tanya like a soldier, flattening his arms stiffly at his sides with mock-severity. He marched dutifully behind her. Behind him, his dad, who was pleasantly amused, was waiting for his wife to get in line in front of him. However she gave him an incredulous look before silently commanding him next to her and they flanked Wren's back, side-by-side. As they drew closer, Wren could see a massive array of colorful flavors behind the glass, but really he was paying more attention to Tanya and her long-eared companion. His eyes were glued to her back, watching carefully for any potential glimpses of Marvin popping over her shoulders or at her sides. Were rabbits acceptable pets too? They hadn't been mentioned in the letter. Wren wondered if there were more unmentioned species he was permitted to share his school experience with. He added it to the list of questions; questions he wasn't sure he wanted to ask, at least not all at once. He'd rather not be too much of a bother. Overwhelming any one on your first meeting was bad form, and Tanya was one person he was fairly certain now that he should like to keep in touch with. But then he realized he wasn't even sure if she went to Hogwarts, he'd just assumed.

"I'm really glad I bumped into you, Tanya. You don't mind if I call you Tanya, do you? You can call me Wren." He hoped their positioning would keep them out of his mother's earshot, and thus out of any more possible scolding. He wasn't usually one to disobey her, but today she was acting paranoid. The next question fought to stay in his mouth, on account of his brain deeming it a little foolish, so there was a long pause before it. "Do you go to Hogwarts?" As he asked he realized they'd already nearly drawn up to Florean Fortescue's doorstep.

User Image

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 7:40 pm
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.
Is fire from the tongues of liars."

Alright, this was getting quite irritating, why was she hearing this voice? It wasn't like she was crazy or anything. Sure Claire was two faced and put on airs but...never had she developed this kind of thing.

Maybe you should lie less and actually act like yourself, hm?

Is this what they meant by having a conscience? If so, Claire knew that they usually didn't take on minds of their own...or voices in people's heads. Why was she even considering this? This needed to stop. She looked at her camera and snapped some more pics of the shops, maybe she should just take a rest? Locating a bench the blonde sat down, resting.

Look who continues to be pathetic.

My feelings? I'm annoyed you know?
Precious thought of mine, "This is ridiculous."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Delicate Rose Bud

Excitable Kitten

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:16 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Faye Debroux stepped confidently into Diagon Alley, following her father whom she had watched tap his wand on the stones in a special pattern. After a slight detour to Gringotts, Aimeous gave his daughter a coin purse filled with enough Galleons, Sicles, and Knuts to get her all of the necessary materials and clothes and potions ingredients for her first year at Hogwarts. Faye excitedly tucked the coin purse in a little purse holding a couple of her necessities before heading off down the alley on her own. She first needed to get herself a wand, but decided to look in the big windows while making her way toward the door with the sign titled "Olivanders" hanging above it.

The young Veela girl gazed in wonder at the displays of Quidditch brooms and other equipment as she passed by. Next were the robes she would need to get fitted for later. Then the potion ingredients shop, as well as a bunch of others. She was going to have so much fun getting all she needed for her first year at Hogwarts.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 8:49 pm
LET it go
Let it ROLL right off your shoulder
DON'T you KNOW?
The HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN
Let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END
We will only just REMEMBER how it FEELS

Let it slide: Frustrated
Let it shine: Morven....
And I don't mind: Morven
We'll get by: Diagon Alley

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

If there was a force of supreme evil, Elsie was convinced it was her younger sister. Morven had managed to convince Newlyn that Elsie should take her to Diagon, and to the twelve year old's horror, the eldest sister had agreed. She was working on a painting and staying home. She supplied them with money, strict instructions to be home before dusk, and sent them on their not so merry way. Elsie trudged after her sister, who kept sending her smug looks as she marched through the crowded streets like a ..... queen or something. She wanted ice cream, of course, and was going to get or Elsie would pay.

Elsie liked ice cream. It was Morven that was the problem.

"Hurry up," the ten year old sneered, blue eyes maliciously bright.

"We'll get there when we get there. It's packed." the blonde shot back through gritted teeth. Be kind and gentle, kind and gentle-

"If you don't hurry up I'll run off and tell Newlyn you lost me," snapped Morven. She'd do it, too. Her threats were rarely false.

Elsie exhaled quietly and tried not to picture grabbing a handful of her sister's hair and just... yanking. Hard. She tried to be nice. She always did. Morven didn't want nice. Her sister wanted mean. She liked it when she made people mad.

"If you do that," she said sharply, "I swear I will pour ink all over one of your new dresses, so help me." It was just as bad but.... So. Worth it.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Our LIVES are MADE
In THESE small HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS
These TWIST and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY
But THESE small HOURS
These SMALL hours still REMAIN
It's the HEART that really MATTERS in the END

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 9:32 pm
User Image

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
s t u d y | a r e a ✖
e l s i e a n d m o r v e n ✖
c r o s s e d O N E
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

c r o s s e d

Kas the redhead walked down the streets of Diagon, shoes tapping on the cobblestone path. Shoes. He could see his legs.

Legs.

The redhead sighed. His feet were kind of cold. It'd been a long time since he went out like this. Toeing the tip of his heel with the other, the petite figure wandered along the place, looking at the buildings and peering into glass windows. Pausing at one, Kas looked closer at the glass. Watching through the reflection, he peered at it, recognizing the blonde figure. Was it?

Walking over to her and the girl she was with, Kas put on a wry smile, lifting his hand in a small wave. He supposed it'd be a bit of a surprise for most people who knew him as Kas, the boy. "Hullo, Elsie," he greeted with a tilted smile, pushing up his sunglasses to his hairline, brushing back a few long locks from his face.

Honestly, considering his situation, Kas was ridiculously calm about everything.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Thu Jan 09, 2014 11:40 pm
User Image
                                                      Living risky, never scared, wander
                                                      Closer to the edge
                                                      Nothing valued think no fear,
                                                      Always wondering why you’re here

User Image

════════════════════════
                                                      ℌ𝔢𝔦𝔯 || 𝔓𝔞𝔯𝔰𝔢𝔩𝔪𝔬𝔲𝔱𝔥 || ℌ𝔢𝔠𝔞𝔱𝔢
                                                      ════════════════════════

Ashley walked down the alley, his expression set as he observed the crowd. His eyes picked out what was and wasn't in the shopping area, and he marvelled at how many people were there. Of course, this marvel wasn't exactly the good kind, as he ran through his head various places where he pass by people and would avoid them if possible. He almost wished he could go and talk to something other than the people here. Probably have more interesting conversations with a snake, and he had definitely spoken to quite a few of them. Skirting a large group of old women, he curled his lip a tad as he looked. Okay, so maybe he was more interested in finding the pet shop. Then again, that was because he would be able to converse to his heart's delight.

Sighing, he looked behind him, hoping his sister wasn't that far back. She hadn't gotten lost, had she? He hoped not. If nothing else, she was making this trip slightly more tolerable than it would be otherwise. He decided to wait, going over to a building and leaning against it to see if he could find his sister in the crowds. He could already hear his father scolding him for losing Micah, and well, he didn't want to go through another round of it.

════════════════════════

Thinking: Where is she...?
                                                      OOC: ...

All your purposes are gone, nothing’s
                                                      Right and nothing’s wrong
                                                      Nothing ventured, nothing gained
                                                      Feel no sorrow, feel no pain

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:39 am
User Image

User Image
"The violin plays a soft melody,
as my mind starts to feel ease.
Let the music wash over my soul,
make my mind pure and whole.
Let me be renewed."

Victor smiled, the outside air really did feel more refreshing after sitting inside the Leaky Cauldron, he didn't have anything against the place...it was just stuffy for his personal tastes, at least when it was this nice out. He was walking with Del down the street, excited and also a tad nervous at the fact their hands were currently entwined...as Victor never really let go after Del ushered him out, "S-so...How have yo-you been?"

Being they were here, he might as well catch up, it would also take his mind off the growing blush he was sure to have any moment, "I...I mean...I didn't see anyone really near the...end." Victor stated, trailing off somewhat as the memory of the hex and the hospital stay caught up with him, "Bu-but...I did find out what I want to be." At this point Victor was just rambling on nervously, because if he thought, he may lean in too close to Del and then...things would get awkward...maybe...The Frenchman wasn't sure if his...crush was reciprocated or not, "I...I'm going to be a Mediwizard."

I feel nervous and rambly you know?
My inner thoughts are, "I...should really stop talking. /// "
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud third year
My puppeteer says "..." Out of character.

Greycast

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 63 64 65 66 67 68 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games