Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:12 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: General Casual Wear

And there is Claire...

It felt odd to be back to London. His little sister of course badgered him with dozens of questions which all the further encouraged him to lock himself in his room. He really wasn't in the mood to lie about going to the Muggle boarding school his father attended. And her whole "you didn't just stay in the library" just irritated him because it was right even if she didn't know about the wizarding world. Knowing that Cathy was going out with his Dad, he took the opportunity to go to Diagon Alley to pick up his school things. The books were merely a formality since he had them for the coming year practically memorized during the school year last year, because he had stayed in the library mostly. Also, he heard the rumor that his mother's friend and distant relative-the black sheep- had returned from abroad and bought Flourish and Blotts so he was curious about that story.

As he continued down the street he noticed Claire sitting on a bench with a camera around her neck and a scowl on her face. He raised a brow and intrigued joined her on the bench and said, "You know scowling gives you premature wrinkles, Claire. Though, I'm sure my mother would be more than happy to convince my father to have his clinic give you a discount on the botox when you get older. For some reason she feels she owes you some sort of debt. I don't see it but I've never been one to try to bother figuring out people, especially my mother."

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 9:55 am
User Image

User Image

♫ Pureblood ♫ Dancer ♫ Single ♫

The รҭคгร are putting on a รђ๏ฬ.
                                                        ฬє'гє the คย๔เєภςє they chose.
                                                        Let's turn คг๏ยภ๔ and รҭคгҭagain.

Micah blinked as her brother moved quickly through the crowd. She was a lot smaller than him and couldn't keep up with his faster stride. "Ashie!" She called, frowning when he either didn't here her or, was ignoring her. The only good thing about being small was that she could easily weave through everyone else's huge forms. She moved as quick as her short legs could carry her and when she burst through a wad of old ladies, she spotted her brother leaning against a building. "Ashie!" She squealed happily, bouncing over to him and peering up at him. "I thought I'd lost you! Stupid big people getting in the way." She rolled her eyes, as if it was all those peoples' faults for being in Diagon Alley and getting in her way. Because of course it was. She was Micah Yaxley, the crowd should part for her to pass... shouldn't it?

The young girl wrapped an arm around her brother's leg to make sure she didn't lose him again and looked through the crowd. Crawling out from her shirt to perch on her shoulder was a baby ferret. She reached up her free hand to stroke the little thing's head as she watched all the people.
                                                        "Ashie! Do you see that girl! She's so pretty! Come on! Come on!" She unwrapped her arm from his leg to grab his hand and tug on him, rather uselessly, trying to get him to follow the girl. Of course, she was small, and he was big, and trying to make her older brother go anywhere he didn't want to go was about as useful and telling a rock to roll over and expecting it to follow her directions. She tugged harder and huffed when he still didn't seem to want to budge. "Ashie! Don't you want to make friends?"

I'm ғєєใเภﻮ so good, so เภςгє๔เ๒ใє.
                                                        Some sort of ςђє๓เςคใ is spreading thick around my ๒гคเภ.
                                                        I've got the รยภ and I won't let it ﻮ๏.
                                                        It ๒ยгภร a ғเгє in my veins.

Delicate Rose Bud
Diamond Wales

Devlyn Maycry

Obsessive Sex Symbol

Utsuha Moon

Crew

Sparkly Lunatic

21,075 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Grunny Harvester 150
  • Object of Affection 150
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:13 am
User ImageUser Image
                                                                f i r s t y e a r || u n s o r t e d || h a l f b l o o d
                                                                ________________________________________

The nice thing about living in the magical world is the floo network, which could being Yvonne to the heart of school shopping in the blink of an eye. Also what's nice is, parents completely trust you for being responsible and not get lost or kidnapped or anything like that. Especially with recent incidences of dark wizards and vampires and gory cases like that. News traveled quickly, and even a little girl would find out about how dangerous the world was just by picking up the newspapers.

The Moreau daughter wished that perhaps her daddy could've brought her shopping for school materials, but no, he couldn't, for reasons unknown to her. With her mother working full time with the family shop, Yvie had to go alone. Coins jingled in her pocket as she walked down the streets of Diagon Alley, also noticing various students already here. Hm. Maybe she could meet one or two of her fellow classmates here too!

{ooc; idk what i was trying to achieve but Yvie is here o - o}

Diamond Wales
                                                                Delicate Rose Bud
                                                                XxXDevil-Chan

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:29 pm
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.
Is fire from the tongues of liars."

Claire shuffled her feet some as she stared at the sidewalk, she was still sitting, mostly because the voice in her head was still continuing to talk to her, what was with this? She wasn't crazy dammit! So why was she hearing this? That was when she noticed someone speak to her, and she looked up to see....David?

Oh look~ Someone's here to see your pathetic self. Gonna push them away too?

Well...this was an interesting thing to see, it was almost like if Josh had walked up to her, she then scoffed some, "Telling a girl she could get wrinkles is also a one way trip to the hospital." She muttered, before sighing some, "A debt?" Claire smirked, "I'll keep that in mind...maybe."

Claire looked up and took a pic of another store, "What are you doing here anyways?" She then glanced to the side, "You wouldn't normally speak to me considering..."

Well look how much of a jerk you are...

My feelings? I'm contemplative you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Hm?"
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 3:57 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

And there is Claire...

"We all get wrinkles eventually," David answered with a shrug. "Now what am I doing here? Ah, that is an interesting question..." He sighed. "I'm avoiding the house at the moment. And, I figure that regardless of the fact I do already have this coming year's textbooks memorized from spending time in the library last year, I should formally at least buy the books. And most importantly, I am interested in investigating the family matter of a technical relative who has returned from abroad and bought Flourish and Blotts."

"However, like it or not, Claire, we are linked by an event to some degree," David answered and then said wryly. "And maybe I got tired of hearing about my antisocial habits since I got home. Apparently staying in the library and only going to class isn't considered 'healthy' by some people."

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 4:48 pm
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.

At the mention of everyone getting wrinkles eventually, Claire rolled her eyes, "Yes. Though some of us may get them way later than most others." She replied with a slight roll of her eyes.

Can you be anything but condescending, you brat?

Claire ignored the voice, were they usually this antagonistic? She then turned her attention back to the conversation, finding it hard to keep up at an easy pace, which un-nerved her, "Returned from abroad?" She parroted only catching the last few parts of his reply, "Trying to get a discount, hm?"

Or he could be trying to just catch up with family, you jerk.

At the mention of them being linked, Claire just shrugged, she wasn't a believer in fate or anything, usually at least, it was a trite coincidence really, "Anti-social habits? You?" Claire replied with an over-exaggerated mock gasp, "Well it isn't. Sort of makes you nerdy really."

My feelings? I'm amused you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Shut up you stupid voice!"
I'm a Slytherin.

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:12 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Ah, and she is as pleasant as ever to deal with.

"I hardly need a discount," David smirked. "My father is the best paid plastic surgeon in London and owns his own clinic and of course my mother is the head of a department in the ministry. And, I would say from what I've heard this technical family member actually is in debt to my father a bit. But, her, her husband, and her son left for South America some time ago and just returned. Considering how my mother's family, and probably many of the older pureblood families, feel about her decisions it probably was a wise move on her part."

David really didn't care about the details of his family and because he didn't care about Claire's opinion of his thoughts on various matters he didn't bother mincing his words or trying to be overly polite with his words. Of course, the same could be said about her and her sarcastic comment about his social habits. "I know I'm anti-social by nature," He replied with a smirk. "And, not all 'nerdy' people are anti-social. My father always got top marks in all his studies and he apparently got along with people fine. Well, I should say Muggles... the magical sort he avoids like the plague but I don't actually blame him."

"Regardless, what is up with the camera? I didn't know you had the interest in photography," David added with some curiosity. Claire didn't strike him as the type interested in architecture which she seemed to be snapping pictures of or any other art form but he could easily be wrong, as well. Honestly, he was surprised Claire wasn't ruder to him by this point.

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 5:37 pm
LET it go
Let it ROLL right off your shoulder
DON'T you KNOW?
The HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN
Let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END
We will only just REMEMBER how it FEELS

Let it slide: Frustrated
Let it shine: Morven....
And I don't mind: Morven and Kas
We'll get by: Diagon Alley

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie didn't realize the girl with pale skin and bright red hair waving at her as they walked over was Kas immediately. She couldn't even see his eyes very well behind the sun glasses. But something about the way the person coming toward her walked made her start in recognition, and his voice confirmed that it was indeed her Ravenclaw friend, just dressed up differently than usual. He pushed up his sunglasses and her blue eyes light up. "Hullo yourself, Kas!" she exclaimed brightly, and grabbed him into a quick one armed hug, her other hand held by Morven, who was looking upon this newcomer with suspicion.

The ten year old narrowed her eyes. Looked like a girl. Sounded more like a boy. Wearing girl clothes. Hm... she had heard the name before. Kas. She was sure it had been a male friend Elsie had mentioned, though, not a female. Which left only one explanation; that this Kas was a boy masquerading as a girl for reasons she could care less about. She just wanted some ice cream. And this person was stalling that.

"This is my little sister, Morven," Elsie said, holding up her sister's hand in greeting to Kas. The young girl glared. "Don't mind her, she's like this with everyone," the Hufflepuff said reassuringly. "We're on our way to get ice cream. Want to come?" she asked very eagerly, hoping he'd agree. Some company beside the Ice Cream Monster would be nice, company that wouldn't make her want to scream in frustration.

Morven opened her mouth to protest, but Elsie squeezed her hand so hard it turned white and gave her a very scary look. She huffed, jerked her hand out of her sister's grasp, and kicked at a loose cobblestone, stewing. She didn't want this Kas coming with them. But no one ever cared what she wanted.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Our LIVES are MADE
In THESE small HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS
These TWIST and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY
But THESE small HOURS
These SMALL hours still REMAIN
It's the HEART that really MATTERS in the END

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:01 pm
User Image

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
s t u d y | a r e a ✖
e l s i e a n d m o r v e n ✖
c r o s s e d O N E
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

c r o s s e d

The boy's lips parted in a small smile at his name being called. Well, people still recognized him, so that was good, he supposed.

Or bad.

Wait.

Shaking off the thought from his head, Kas returned the one-armed hug he got from Elsie. Elsie had sisters? He didn't recall her saying too much about them--- then again, he was mostly asleep, or eating, or almost asleep, which tended to distract him from the more important things, like life, aside from food and sleep. Raising a brow, a wry little grin appeared on his face as he was introduced to Morven, his blonde friend's little sister and was met with a hard, sharp glare, even as he was reassured that he wasn't the only one to be subjected to the hostile looks. "Pleasure to meet you too, Morven," he replied amicably, voice a confusing tone that remained androgynous still. Then again, his voice was always androgynous, since he was still quite young. Looking up at the mention of ice-cream-- he really shouldn't be distracted so easily, goddammit, but it was food. Nodding slightly, he agreed. "If it wouldn't be too much trouble," he replied, giving for ample duckage time should he be unwelcome later on. "It sounds nice," he admitted.

A moment later, his attention was caught by the sound of stone cracking upon stone as he watched the younger Vass girl sulk. Resolving not to aggravate the girl anymore, though what he did, he wasn't so sure-- and to be honest, he didn't really pay heed to it, as horrible as it made him sound-- the redhead turned to the blonde, twirling a few strands of his own now-long red hair around long, pale fingers. "How have you been, by the way? It's been a bit of a while since everyone saw each other."

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:18 pm
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.

Claire listened, or at least attempted to, the voice in her head was bothering her, though she attempted to not let it show, she had to at least act like she was calm, "Yes, yes...You are super rich. Nice to know." She said sarcastically, it wasn't like she cared much, she just wasn't the biggest fan of people with money.

Usually at least...There were exceptions.

At the mention of how wise her decision was because of pure-blooded families, Claire growled, this was whys he hated them. They were always stuck up and thinking they were better than everyone else, with their slurs and old money. It was just annoying to think about.

Oh, but isn't Josh pureblooded? Do you hate him too?

Claire shook her head at the voice, of course she didn't! Wait...not..not like that of course! He was just...tolerable. Yes, that was it, "Well magical people can be jerks sometimes." She commented, as he clarified his nerdy inclinations, "And a nerd is a nerd. Anti-social or not. There's more to life than books after all."

When asked about the camera, Claire shifted a bit, she...wasn't exactly comfortable about it, "...I have no due interest in photography. It's not like it serves a point or anything." She then looked tot he side a bit, "I'm just...making a scrapbook...of...sorts..." Steeling herself Claire looked back at David, "The reason for it being none of your due business." Claire said with a huff.

The witch would never admit she was taking them for Josh, at least out loud.

My feelings? I'm annoyed you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Can we change the topic?"
I'm a Slytherin.

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 6:41 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

A scrapbook? Of Diagon Alley... odd choice. And apparently I ruffled her feathers with mention of my family's monitory status... not that I care.

"No, my family is wealthy," David corrected. "My parents are and they are generous enough to provide to me but that doesn't make me wealthy. After all, both my parents came from wealthy families but they chose to in the end stand on their own made wealth. I'm sure the same expectation will fall to me."

"Well, the magical community in general has never been especially kind to Squibs. Particularly blood purists that are on both sides of my extended family. I can hardly blame my father for his position. However, in regards to books, you would be surprised but quite a bit of profit can be made from book learning," David added. "Books do reward you quite well. And, if I wanted to hear a lecture about there being more to life than books I could have stayed home. I suppose I could do what my mother did and spend my time in the library snogging over actually studying. In the end it did work out for her, maybe because she isn't an idiot and merely lazy when it came to academics."

He smirked and said with a raised brow, half teasing Claire since her defensiveness made it so easy for him, "And photography actually does serve a point, such as preserving medical anomalies to be studied or for the more sentimental and forgetful type to preserve memories, or art for the sake of art I suppose. You are being remarkably frank, Claire. Are you ill? I actually expected to be told it was none of my business far sooner. Are you going soft?"

Squeeky Luff

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:16 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo arrived shortly after his dad let him go. His father had business in the Muggle City anyway; so really Theo needed to get here anyway. Might as well get here early. His father, much to his elation, set aside for him three thousand euros and told him that was his school money. Luckily, that was more than enough, once he cashed it in for galleons at wherever he can do that. Little did his father know that it wouldn't be nearly that expensive and Theo was going to have quite a bit of leisure money. Of course, that money also was for football boots, equipment, and what not, but maybe he could afford a broom, which despite him not being able to make the team again this year, he would try, just to make sure he kept active.

After exchanging his money for galleons, he set out into the streets, seeing if he could find someone he knew, whether it was from school, or from his first visit to Diagon Alley. He smiled, looking at all the wizards and families and all, loving the environment here. Didn't seem like there were any dangers here, but of course, he kept on his toes, making sure he was aware of his surroundings, just like how his father taught him...well...his adopted father of course.

He began to roam the streets freely, looking for people.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:22 pm
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.

As David talked about wealth and his family cutting ties and making there own wealth, Claire tried to patiently listen, "Well then I'm sure you'll do your family proud...or whatever." She replied.
When David continued about the unkind treatment to squibs Claire shook her head, "I'm friends with one...I think it's unjustified hatred." Claire really did think Squibs were unfairly treated, especially by pure-bloods.

Oh? So the gigantic two-faced liar has a soft sport for Squibs?

Claire twitched a bit at the voice, as she tried to turn her attention back to David, "Well blood purists are complete jerks anyway." Claire said, not even caring if David was offended or not, especially with the teasing turned back on her, "So-soft?!" Claire shook her head, what was wrong with her? She was so off-kilter due to the voice she was hearing, she really was off her usual game, "I'd rather not be told that from some bookworm."

Oh such bite~ ....Hah! Wow...you are pathetic.

My feelings? I'm annoyed you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Dangit..."
I'm a Slytherin.

mc2

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:38 pm
LET it GO
Let it ROLL right off your shoulder
DON'T you KNOW?
The HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN
Let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END
We will only just REMEMBER how it FEELS

Let it slide: Frustrated
Let it shine: Morven....
And I don't mind: Morven and Kas
We'll get by: Diagon Alley

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie beamed. "Of course it's not! We could use the company!" Well, she could use the company. Morven looked like she wanted to hurt something, but she could care less at this point. Her sister could glare and sulk all she wanted. Sulking would be nice, actually. It meant she would keep quiet and not say anything horrible. Of course, she was probably so resentful by now she'd pipe up at some point. But for right now she was glancing covertly at Elsie and Morven, eavesdropping. "Alright," the blonde girl said simply. "It's been a quiet summer, so far." Quiet as in there hadn't been any screaming between members of the family or things breaking. She had decided to take this as a good sign, rather than the calm before the storm. It made her feel better to think that way, anyways. She walked as she talked, and Morven trailed behind now, shooting curses with her eyes and screaming without opening her mouth, from the way her lips twitched and her body was tense. She was past the age where tantrums were considered acceptable, but she was so indignant at being reduced to the tag along younger sister she was considering just holding her breath until she turned purple. Watch. Elsie would cry if she died. Probably.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Greycast

Our LIVES are MADE
In THESE small HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS
These TWIST and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY
But THESE small HOURS
These SMALL hours still REMAIN
It's the HEART that really MATTERS in the END

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 7:39 pm
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

Bookworm? Wow... and her insults are weaker too.

"Oh, we have something to agree upon then," David said with a genuine smile. "I'm not fond of blood purists either. Perhaps that is one of the reasons my parents were so apt to cut off their financial ties to their family? It isn't like either of them have that opinion. Of course, I get to deal with the extended family on random holidays. I'm hoping the fact I didn't get Slytherin like the rest of the family helps my cause. I'm not particularly fond of either side of my family mostly because they have that sort of opinion."

"And, yes, you are a bit softer than usual," David added. "You would have told me off far sooner, normally. Even your insults are lacking luster. Bookworm? Really? That isn't much of an insult... especially to most Ravenclaws, and especially to me. My goal is to be head boy, that would mean, of course, I would have to be at least somewhat of a bookworm to keep up. Of course, I am practically what is defined as a speed reader so I do have a bit of an advantage, but that would make me all the more a so-called bookworm."

"Maybe something merely put you in a good mood or you don't have the energy to keep up your typical snark. If you have heard good news, great. If it is something else, maybe you should seek some sort of medicinal aide," David added.

Squeeky Luff

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 64 65 66 67 68 69 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games