Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Any Topic Guild

Back to Guilds

I will find you... on Gaia! :D 

Tags: friendship, events, hangout, literate, chatting 

Reply Community Lounge
Post pictures of yourself! (Now with correct Gramm-R!) Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

do you have a pic.
  yes
  no
View Results

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:46 pm
It really depends on the person. More or less accurate rep of me and my sis:
We look very different, but we both fit our bodies a hundred percent...
EDIT: Way better back-to-back picture.
Image deleted.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:48 pm
My friend that you look like, her name is Lindsey. She's actually in the ATG, but I haven't seen her post up anything after the introductory thing sweatdrop Her gaia username is magicskittles08...But yeah. Maybe it's cuz of the angling of the camera or whatever, but in that left pic your facial structure (I guess...?) reminds me a lot of hers. Or something like that... sweatdrop  

invisible-weirdo

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:56 pm
Awesome, I'll check out her profile. I used to live in this town with two other blonde girls who wore glasses and shared my last name. One was Nicole, and the other was Jessica, and we were always asked if we were sisters. I met both of them briefly. :shrug: People are dumb here.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:00 pm
That reminds me of when I was little. One of my best friends is Chinese and apparently people can't tell the difference stare We'd always get asked if we were sisters. After a while we got tired of saying no =P  

invisible-weirdo

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:01 pm
The three of us, as well.
Side question (sorry if it's obnoxious): are you Asian IRL?  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:07 pm
It's not obnoxious, but yeah I'm Asian. If you want the technicalities, I'm mostly Filipino with a small bit of Chinese.
But apparently if I'm Asian, I'm automatically chinese rolleyes Growing up, people would always ask me, "Are you Chinese?" When I said no, they would scroll through nearly every other Asian country (never getting remotely close to the Philippines) before giving up. And then when I told them I'm Filipino they just gave me a "Wha--?" look on their face before walking away. It got better as I grew older, but still. I get the "Wha--?" look still. (Sorry, I sorta started going off on a tangent...and the rambly-ness sweatdrop )

invisible-weirdo

The Dinosaur Next Door

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 5:10 pm
Ha ha, no worries. I used to have a friend who was Filipino and everyone wanted to call her TiVo instead of Tiva. She was cool for a while.
Anywho, I was just curious, but I'm white, so I have to be careful how I phrase things (which is stupid, but I live in the South.)  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:45 pm
Yeah... I'm white too, but I have a small p***s so I bet I'm mistaken for being Asian sometimes too... Lawl, that's terrible.

Yeah, you have to be careful of how you say things in the south... Though, being white, you have less to worry about. I mean, there are still areas that are incredibly racist down there. Meh, some people just can't see past skin color and realize that we're all the same. Well, not ALL the same, but.. You know what I mean.  

AlcoholicPancake
Crew

3,100 Points
  • Beta Critic 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Voter 0

Jafthasleftthebuilding
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 7:50 pm
That we're all human beings that deserved to be treated like people.

biggrin

Filipino power! D8<  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 8:59 pm
AlcoholicPancake
Yeah, you have to be careful of how you say things in the south... Though, being white, you have less to worry about. I mean, there are still areas that are incredibly racist down there. Meh, some people just can't see past skin color and realize that we're all the same. Well, not ALL the same, but.. You know what I mean.
I'm from Florida, which is pretty much a cocktail of failure. As a white nonreligious female with an accent, almost anything I say is open to being misconstrued. I kinda feel the need to include disclaimers when I communicate (especially through text) because of that.
And yeah, I do know what you mean.  

The Dinosaur Next Door

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 10:45 pm
heh...I've always considered Filipino a type of pacific islander ^_^

and yes, I'm Filipino too

Though, I'm mestizo...my dad's half white...which makes me 3/4 Flip.

but for some reason I get mistaken for being hispanic or like...islander islander...

oh well...  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:09 pm
>.> I always say the Philippines is part of Asia...Southeast Asia, yeah, but still Asia.
I've actually gotten into arguments over it before (the stupidest argument against me though is that "the Philippines is in the Pacific Ocean so they're not part of Asia!" >.< What do you call Japan then?) but I don't anymore. I just still steadfastly believe that I'm Asian 3nodding

And if the Filipino doesn't constitute me being Asian...well I got itty bitty bit of Chinese to back me up =P

@Arc: High five for being Filipino~
I've got a friend like that. Except he's not part white...>.> People always think he's mexican when they first meet him XP

invisible-weirdo

Arcanas

Hunter

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 11:15 pm
yeah!

for the longest time though, like during those standardized tests in grade school, when they ask for your nationality, I'd have to ask my teacher where mine was...she'd look at me (most of my teachers until high school have been female) and go put asian...and I'm like..but I'm not asian, I'm Filipino

needless to say, I've been kicked out of class for stupid s**t like that ^_^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 2:32 am
Upon Invisible weirdo's post
We've got North America, South america, Europe, Africa, Asia and Eurasia and the Philippines lying In asia appearantly isn't asian to your friends? did they invent a new continent?  

Shram

4,000 Points
  • Forum Dabbler 200
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Signature Look 250

invisible-weirdo

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 7:00 am
Glorious~

@Shram: To set the record straight though, the one who had said, "But the Philippines is in the Pacific Ocean so they're not part of Asia" crap was not my friend. She was this b***h in my AP Chemistry class Junior year. She was annoying and stupid and half the time I felt like throwing something at her face. Fortunately, she was a year ahead of me so I didn't have to deal with her all throughout my Senior year 3nodding

Community Lounge

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 661 662 663 664 665 666 ... 875 876 877 878 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games