Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply Diagon Alley
Diagon Alley Streets Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:35 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria was mortified by the news she found out. How could Rosabella, of all people, be a witch? Not only that, but she was being sent to Hogwarts? Does mum really expect me to be nice to her? the girl wondered, chewing on the bottom of her lip lightly. If that mudblood even thought about talking to the second year, Alex would hex her with the worst spell she knew. On the first day back to school, the second year would have to hope and pray for the Sorting Hat to place her annoying step sister in any house except Gryffindor. The prat just didn't belong in that house, especially not with Alexandria there. After all, the older girl would torment the younger one, so no one would win in that situation. While Eleanor took Bella shopping, she gave Alexandria money to buy whatever it is that she needed, or wanted. If she thought that was enough as an apology for not telling the girl until she got home this summer, she was quite mistaken. At least now she was able to buy a broom for quidditch though her mother wasn't exactly for spending a lot on one last year. However, Alex did prove she was good enough as a first year to even make reserve on the team even if they sucked enough with better players.

RedEagleEye007

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 8:57 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Faye was looking again at the display in the school uniform windows when a younger girl with dark blue-purple hair and bangs whirled right on past her, almost knocking her over. That brought her back to the present, reviving her from her brief daydream about her dream job. She glanced around the alley, realizing just how many witches and wizards were there that day. She also spotted another girl her age with brown hair and brown eyes. She tried to make her way over to her to see if she wanted to shop with her, but the crowd was too thick for her to cross. She disappointedly stuck by the store front, winding a finger around a string on her hoodie.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Utsuha Moon

XxXDevil-Chan

Delicate Rose Bud

Excitable Kitten

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:00 pm
Robin 'Theo' Gibbs

Twelve year old Football Prodigy

User Image

House: Gryffindor{|}Football Club: Borussia Dortmund{|}Second Year

Theo looked around Diagon Alley, with intent to find someone, and he did just that within five minutes. Walking down the path was Alexandria. Of all the people he could have found, she was probably the one he most...desired to find. He, by nature, walked up to her, smiling, but the girl seemed a lot more...different right at this point. She didn't seem happy, but not sad either. But then again, it was the girl who was hard to make smile at all. He really had no idea if anything was wrong most of the time, but he questioned if he wanted to find out or not. Why? Chances of the girl thinking him as nosy; so he would let her talk, if it came up, it did.

"Hello Alex," he said to her, as he walked up behind her. He hadn't seen the girl for quite some time and it bothered him to some degree. He had thought about her...to be honest, he had thought about everyone he missed over the time at some point, but she seemed to come up more than the rest.

"So, what brings you here on this fine day?" he asked her, cracking a small half smile.

I hated every minute of training, but I said, 'Don't quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.

kiska166

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:35 pm
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.
Is fire from the tongues of liars."

Claire raised a brow at David's mention of hating blood purists...so they had something in common? That didn't, mean much, "Yes yes...We agree upon something. Even Dumbledore and Voldemort agreed upon things." She replied, she then stopped for a bit to listen to David more, taking a picture again as he did so, "Well...Aren't you so good." She sneered, "Slytherin wouldn't want you anyway." Was...Was she going back to her old bite?

"Head boy?" She scoffed, "Figures a shut-in would want to become one." When he boasted about his speed reading abilities, Claire rolled her eyes, "Oh yes, what are you in? A talent contest? Speed reading never helped anyone." She then smirked, "Speed reading didn't help your uselessness at the fall festival either, hm~?" She said, her personality hardened and her voice frosty.

What a pathetic person. You will suffer the same consequences eventually.

Claire stilled for a moment, a look of shock on her face for just a brief second before she shook her head once more. She had to keep her cool and stay calm, it was just a stupid voice in her head, "I can very well keep up my snark, mister shut-in." She then grinned, "Or maybe your mere presence seems to seep any fun or energy I have, hm~?"

Stupid girl...

...Stupid voice.

My feelings? I'm snarky you know?
Precious thought of mine, "I just ahve to ignore it. I hope David didn't notice. I don't need THAT over my head."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

mc2

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 10:45 pm
User Image

Thane Findlay
Ten~Muggleborn

•••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Thane rose an eyebrow, leaning back into the wall again. "Huh, that is strange." Wait, why am I still talking to this twerp. Nope, no more.
"It's a long story. My brother was much older than me and he had a son, my nephew. But then my dad died and I was left with my brother, who died a couple years later. That's why I stay with my nephew now, who's older than me," he said with a blank face. Why was even saying this? He should get another cookie and run.
"Can I have another cookie," he asked quietly.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

PostPosted: Fri Jan 10, 2014 11:40 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.User Image
Ten Years Old Future Hogwarts Student Grecian Half-Blood

Kalin nodded in agreement but then felt guilty for being so shocked in the first place. But then her eyes widened as Thane actually began to talk about it, if only a little bit but it was far more than he originally thought he'd get! He felt a pang of compassion for him since they were both basically going through the same thing. He was going to say so when he was shocked yet again by him asking for another cookie. A goofy grinned formed upon his face as he dug into his backpack for another treat to hand to him. "Sure! And, thanks for explaining even though you didn't have to." Kalin said quietly.

Love, gimme love, gimme love
I don't need it, but I'll take what I want from your heart
And I'll keep it in a bag, in a box
Put an X on the floor
Gimme more, gimme more, gimme more
Shut up and sing it with me!
NANANANANANANA NANANANANANANA

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

Kai Sparrowheart

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 12:03 am
User Image

Thane Findlay
Ten~Muggleborn

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

Thane forced a fake smile.
"Thank you for the cookies. Unfortunately, I just remembered I have to go to a- a thing. A thing now, which I have to go to," Thane said. He was a horrible liar around people he actually took a liking too. "I should have remembered. Well, uh. Nice meeting you, but I don't really like having friends," Thane said, turning to leave.

❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖❖
•••••••••••••••

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 5:50 am
User Image

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
s t u d y | a r e a ✖
e l s i e a n d m o r v e n ✖
c r o s s e d O N E
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

c r o s s e d

"I will, then," the redhead smiled back, digging his hands into the shallow pockets of his shorts. "Thank you for offering." Walking along with the two sisters, he nodded at the answer he got from the elder. "It has been a quiet summer," he admitted, fiddling with the watch on his wrist. He had come back to the house on his own again, since his cousin still wasn't home from wherever he was currently working. Greece? It was somewhere there, probably. "I'm not sure whether or not it's a good thing, or if I want it to change," he said dryly, tone tinging with something close to sarcasm. On one hand, the house was pretty lonely, seeing as he was the only human being in the place, but then again, it meant less work for him. Shrugging it off, he continued walking, not bothering with the subject anymore.

"Are you ready for next year? It's odd to think we'll be the upperclassmen next time we go in," the feminine redhead spoke, looking over at the two with him. Briefly, he wondered what it was like to have siblings. Huh. So far, he didn't seem to see anyone enjoying being with their younger familials.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:34 am
User Image

i m p r e s s s u r p r i s e b e d a z z l e m e - - -
d i a g o n a l l e y ✖
v i c t o r ✖
t h e u s u a l
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

"I've been well," Del replied to his companion, smiling at the elder boy, hands still joined together. "It wasn't so hectic in the house this time around, you know?" he continued, swinging their hands lightly to and fro. "How about you?"

The blonde nodded thoughtfully, happy for Victor. Figuring out those kinds of things was something he took pretty seriously, since it dictated everything about how his life would go for the most part. "A Mediwizard? You'd be an amazing one," Del commented, squeezing the hand in his. "I'm glad you figured yours out. I still don't know what I want to do specifically with mine-- it's a come and go, I think." Looking over at the Frenchman with him, Del resisted the urge to go peck him on the cheek again. He was just so cute!

Squeeky Luff

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 10:44 am
User Image

David Sinclair League
[Ravenclaw]

House: Ravenclaw
Wand: Supple and Smooth//11 3/4 inches//Hawthorne//Fairy Hair
Current Age: 12
Blood: The son of a squib and witch from pureblood families
Year at Hogwarts: Second Year
Wearing: General Casual Wear

Well she is getting some of her bite back.

David's brown eyes narrowed dangerously at Claire when she mentioned the fall festival and his uselessness. It was obvious there was quite a few things he was tempted to say on the matter and could even be on the possibility of slapping her or hexing her but instead he pulled a pen out of his bag and said curtly, "Give me your hand. I'll give you my mother's personal phone number. Or you could borrow my phone and call her now, if you want. Then I won't feel any indebtedness on her part to further discuss the matter with you. And we have already discussed our views on the event and why both of us did or didn't do what we did. I see no reason to repeat ourselves, it is trite."

His anger calmed as he noted she had stilled for a moment after mentioning the event and continued, "And, in regards to whether Slytherin would want me, I was very close to being put in the house. So, according to the Sorting Hat I would have done well in the house though it decided to take my opinion into the matter in the end and placed me into Ravenclaw."

"I said I was almost a speed reader. I am about a hundred words shy a minute of actually being classified as one," David continued, "and I'm obviously not a very good shut-in as I am out and about today and I do all my studies in the library which isn't technically shutting myself in."

"And finally, I don't think either of us would warrant a comparison to Dumbledore or the Dark-Voldemort," He changed his wording mid statement from a very pro-Voldemort title, something he was more used to hearing Voldemort being called by his family, to the name itself. Annoyed, mostly at his slip of tongue at that moment he added, "Neither of us have enough of the traits of either to be proper comparisons." He held up the ball point pen and said, "Your hand so I can just give you my mother's number?"

Squeeky Luff

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 11:05 am
LET it GO
Let it ROLL right off your SHOULDERS
DON'T you KNOW?
The HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN
Let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END
We will only just REMEMBER how it FEELS

Let it slide: Frustrated
Let it shine: Morven....
And I don't mind: Morven and Kas
We'll get by: Diagon Alley

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie skipped a little. "No problem." She looked as him curiously as he agreed with her. She didn't know anything about his family, and had always sort of figured he was an only child, but maybe he did have siblings. What were his parents like? Did he have parents? She only had one, and Mitchell wasn't much of a parental figure, even she could admit, in a painfully honest way. "I like quiet." she said simply, with a shrug of her shoulders. "It's good for reading," she joked. Quiet was good, she had learned growing up. Quiet meant Mitchell was holed up in his study or out of the house, and Morven wasn't throwing a fit, and Newlyn was happy.

She matched the shorter Ravenclaw in an even walking pace, Morven stalking along behind, small hands balled up into fists. Elsie considered the thought of being an upperclassmen. Not by much, but it still came with some seniority. "I suppose," she said slowly. "It'll be nice to not to be the youngest in school anymore, at least."

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

Greycast

Our LIVES are MADE
In THESE small HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS
These TWIST and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY
But THESE small HOURS
These SMALL hours still REMAIN
It's the HEART that really MATTERS in the END

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:23 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria's eyes shifted on the blurs of faces she passed by. Diagon Alley seemed to be busy every day of the summer. Or at least, every time she came, there were herds of people everywhere. Most were busy while others, not so much. Although expecting to see several students she recognized from school, she hadn't expected to find any of her friends. There were just so many people! "Oh, God, you scared me!" she exclaimed after turning around to see the Gryffindor standing right behind her. When had he even gotten there? "Mum gave me money for a broom. And she's also shopping with the devil," she said, mumbling the last sentence. Dark eyes narrowed as she remembered her step sister would be going to Hogwarts of all places, but they shifted back up at Theo. "What are you up to?"

RedEagleEye007

Oh, oh, oh, it's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

It's m a g i c you know. Never b e l i e v e it's not so.

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

fanntastique

Springtime Scrounger

8,375 Points
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:38 pm
User Image

t e l l m e s o m e t h i n g i d o n ' t k n o w - - -
s t u d y | a r e a ✖
e l s i e a n d m o r v e n ✖
c r o s s e d O N E
a m u s e d ✖
s i n g l e ✖

c r o s s e d

The redhead smiled, this one a bit lighter in nature than the others. "It is," he laughed, pushing a lock of hair away from his face. "But even when I'm the only one alive in the house, things always manage to end up a nice loud mess," Kas grinned sheepishly up at his friend. Mentally mourning his lack of height--- even with heels on, he was still painfully short compared to Elsie. Why, world? Still, the redhead kept his figure up, managing to hold his own presence despite the sizeable difference in height.

Kas nodded. "It's a semblance of authority. I like it," he grinned. Seeing the shop up ahead, the redhead focused his attention, now distracted from most things, to the possibility of food.

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 2:47 pm
User Image
                                                        WUxxFAMILY
                                                        █████████████████████████████████
                                                        不不"不怕慢, 只怕站; 不怕站, 只怕轉."

xxocation: Diagon Alley
                                                        xxxxxompanions: -

xxxxxxxxoco's Attire: [ x ]
                                                        xxxxxxxxxxxlynn's Attire: [ x ]
                                                        xxxoco's Mood: Feeling Sneaky
                                                        xxxxxlynn's Mood: Feeling Lost
                                                        xxxxxxxxoco's Jams: [ x ]
                                                        xxxxxxlynn's Jams:[ x ]

”Wait wait, Mom, you still haven’t explained what Hogwarts is…” Flynn said as he followed his mother through a strange looking pub called the Leaky Cauldron. It was kind of surprising to him that he didn’t notice the building before, but maybe that was for good reason. The people inside seemed… strange to say the least. Picking up his pace, Flynn found himself standing beside his mom, staring at the brick wall that separated the Cauldron from Diagon Alley.

”Hogwarts is a school for wizards and witches, it’s like normal school, but you’ll be learning different things… I wouldn’t say they were more useful, but… different curriculum. Now, watch closely Flynn. This is Diagon Alley, and Diagon Alley is the sole shopping area for wizards and witches in London. To get in, you have to tap these bricks.” Demonstrating for her son, Cco tapped the bricks in a specific pattern and watched as the wall unfolded, revealing the bustling streets of Diagon Alley. Ushering her son in, Coco handed Flynn a sheet of paper. ”Hogwarts is located in Scotland, so I’m not going to be there to take care of you during the school year. Take this, it’s a list of your school supplies and where you’ll find them. I drew you a map at the bottom. If you’re going to go to Hogwarts, you have to learn to be independent.”

Flynn looked down at the list, still somewhat confused, but as he raised his head to complain to his mom, the boy was shocked to see that Coco seemed to have disappeared. ”Really. Really?” Flynn pouted, looking around as if to see if she were hiding behind some lamp post or underneath a bench, but when he realized she was gone Flynn sighed. ’Okay… where to… what is this, hmm.. guess I’ll get robes first.’ Flynn eyed the map, then looked down the street. This shouldn’t be too hard, right? Flynn trudged forward, heading towards the robe shop.

Greycast

Forks Anonymous

Newbie Noob

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 11, 2014 3:35 pm
User Image

User Image
"Without your mask,
You can't find yourself.
What you confuse,
for glory's fire.
Is fire from the tongues of liars."

Claire just smirked as David narrowed his eyes, obviously she hit a nerve...even if it was one she hit before, multiple times, "Trite? That subject isn't the only thing that's trite around here." She replied glancing pointedly at David, but she held out her hand anyway for the phone number, "Fine...Fine...Just hurry with it."

"Well...It's a good thing you went with Ravenclaw, you're a much better Eagle than a snake." She then paused for a moment as David continued, talking once again about his speed reading, "So you claim to be a speed reader, but then admit you aren't one? Wow...even bookworms would find shame in that." She then grinned, "You have to be pretty dour to offend bookworms."

"...Comparison or not...Even you have to admit they did agree on some things." Claire noticed his slip-up and smirked even more, "Plus people need to get over him already. He's long dead people."

My feelings? I'm snarky you know?
Precious thought of mine, "Just keep the conversation going and ignore the voice."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a second year?
My strings are being pulled. "..." Out of character.

mc2

Diagon Alley

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 114 115 116 117 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games