Welcome to Gaia! ::

Echoes of Pern [Closed]

Back to Guilds

A Dragonriders of Pern B/C RP 

Tags: Pern, Dragons, Dragonriders, Role-Play, Fantasy 

Reply [IC RP] The Hatching Grounds
Revelio and Open Sesame! Double Clutch Hatching! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:36 pm
Oh! He was coming too!

Firebolt bugled joyously, looking back at You Can Fly with green and blue whirling in her eyes before she picked up speed, running farther into the candidates and snaking about them. Why was everybody holding still?

Didn't everybody want to run and play too?  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:37 pm
Rhylune

"Can see that." She shook her head, and stepped back, looking over the sands. She wondered with Jeri, Helene, and ooh, she was missing a name now. Nto surprising since she had spent a lot of times making squee noises over the dragons. "Glad you are alright."

Specially after all the blood shed from earlier.

houllow

Shaddaling

Wrathful Shapeshifter

Cheri

Vice Captain

Interstellar Pirate

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:38 pm

Amortentia gave another little creel, leaning into Imperio and gazing sadly at the candidates. Wasn't there someone out there who might love her? Someone who might call her their own?

This cruel sister simply earned a confused, dismayed cheep from Amortentia, who turned grey-blue-violet eyes upon her. Why was she being so unkind? The little green did not understand what she had done to earn such scorn.

But Expelliarmus did not want to share the attentions of the beautiful green! Surely you would prefer my company, he cajoled, pointedly ignoring his brother.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:41 pm
YURASTAR

"It was just an accident. If they'd really wanted to hurt me I would be injured way more than some bruises and swallowed sand." His mouth felt gritty but he'd survive. When this was all over he'd swish really well and pretend he'd never eaten dirt at High Reaces; were the twins to find out he would never, ever live it down. "I'm more interested in that mess going on over there." He pointed towards the green who was apparently gathering her own harem and at the previous green who'd struggled for love.

There was even another green from Fianth's clutch that had hatched and she too was lovely beyond breath. Yurastar was so happy to see all these greens and he could only hope more would be coming - not to mention they'd be able to find their lifemates. "What do you make of all this?"

Shaddaling

houllow

Sparkly Decorator

Eos Galvus

Shadowy Celebrant

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:46 pm
Siv

More greens were hatching, and Siv sighed, watching the females size one another up.

Were... were they about to have a fight for attention? Siv didn't want to risk the middle of that, and the candidate limped to move to a different spot. Nope, not going to risk another bite or even a mauling, Siv was sore and limpy enoughthank you, but she did hope they found theirs soon enough. Siv just didn't fancy more ow.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:48 pm
The sad looked passed out into the candidates did not go unnoticed, not like the green that was making Amortentia so. Turning his purple-green eyes out into the candidates, Imperio reached out. The gentle mental caress returned, like a sweet whisper, a hand delicately stroked along the mind.

Let us look at you. Surely you would not have me leave her when she needs me?

He allowed himself the softest of creels, the smallest amount of white curling into his eyes. Or perhaps, they did not want either of them?  

demon_pachabel
Crew

Beloved Werewolf

ShinosBee

Nerd

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:49 pm
Amortentia was whimpering, Perfect Isn't Easy was pouting, Firebolt was goofing off, and the other green was strutting about.

You know what Mystery Six Green was doing? She was getting things done! She had places to go and people to see, and it hadn't taken her half the morning to work it out! Honestly I don't know why they bother with all that. The BEST part's THIS part, after all! Finding JUST the right one, and knowing you'll be side by side, step for step the whole way—right, Reya? The little green didn't even pause her shuffling and pacing and pawing and bouncing as she strutted right on up to the edge of the stands, peering up into them with a glint in her eyes.

After all, she was sure her Reya would want her. Forget about all those fickle-hearted boys! They had...clearly shown no interest in her so...so...The little green's bounce lost just a bit of its...bounce...but it returned when she again looked up at that figure, her eyes dancing with rainbows. You'd pick your Raqisath over them anyway, any day...right? Her words hung on a note, like a song paused half way through, tremulous and ready to surge onwards...if only her chosen one would join her down here in the swing of things!

User Image

Princess_Feylin

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:50 pm
The Brown was none too happy with the antics of the others on the sands. The Greens vying for attention, two others playing madly, and others just sitting around when there was life to be lived, things to be done. Not this brown, he had a place to go, and knew where it was. Pushing his way through people, the pudgy one took a pause, looking around before shoving himself behind some legs, and coming to a stop in front of one particular girl. There she was, His.

ZamistiaMine. Seems my siblings and cousins do not know that there is more to this great world than they understand, but your Nanuth is aware of it. I was waiting to come to you, but I think it is time. I grow weary of these antics, and I am hungry. His head bumped on the girl's knee, before he looked up at her, eyes whirling in the rainbow of Impression. Yes. This was His. He'd been looking for her. Now, now they were safe.

User Image

Dea and #Teddy#

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Elysium's Gatekeeper 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Generous 100

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:51 pm
Rune - HR

Well, the Brown wanted an audience, so she oblidged, stepping a bit further in front, with her brother. Why not stand side by side, let the pair get a look at them? Might be worth her time....and it was a good distraction from her own mind.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:55 pm
You can Fly! bugled loudly at the candidates, letting out his own laugh again as his cousin led her in a merry chase, his teeth pulling on robes, claws catching sandals, and tail whipping calves. Why not? This was FUN! And Firebolt was so fast! SO many jokes to play, so many people to see! Why were the others not running like this?

-----------------

Friend Like Me was watching everyone, including her huffy sister and Amortentia. Tsch, well....This was a mess wasn't it? No one's desires were being met, and so? She curled her way over to Perfect Isn't Easy, crooning at her sister. If attention was what she wanted, then FLM was happy to provide.  

TheWishling

Feral Phantom

12,375 Points
  • Generous 100

Nilah44

Invisible Regular

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:55 pm
Varinia

She watched as a few greens hatched and seemed to cause some drama. It caused her to worry, what if they got so caught up in their drama that they didn't find theirs before something happened? Vari wished she could just match them up herself but that could be problematic since, well, she didn't know who was meant for who. She did, however, listen when Imperio called out. It couldn't hurt, he was taking care of Amortentia after all so it should be okay...right? Varinia scooted around all the playing dragons and those vying for the green's attentions and went towards Imperio and Amortentia.

Sieston

Some stunning dragons were hatching, a few of them were finding theirs while others were content to play amongst themselves. So when Imperio called over any candidates who were paying attention, he saw no reason to comply. None seemed interested in him anyhow so he might as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:57 pm
Rothgar // He/him | BeastCraft | Candidate

Returning to the Sand with his arms bandaged made him feel a little full of himself. Rothgar had not been so badly injured in a while. And these scars would be his first inflicted by dragons. Yep, full to the brim of him-self. But he wasn't strutting. He just... felt more confident, stood up straighter, walked with purpose.

He watched several hatchlings playing with each other, some weaving in around the candidates. He stopped here to get a good view. It did not seem as if any of them was interested. Maybe he smelled too strongly of llama wool? That must be it. Next time he would wear cotton only for a week before the hatching.

Imperio called out to the Candidates. He and Amortentia sat together watching everything. They seemed uncertain. Well, Rothgar and his confidence walked up with other interested parties. "Why so glum? You seemed so smooth and together before," he asked of Imperio. "And you," he looked to Amortentia, "You looked so great when you came out of the egg. You were on top of the world. Okay the Sand, but someday, you'll be looking down at everything!"

Melomar

Wind-up Waffles

tatterpixie

Tipsy Codger

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:58 pm
Willim -- Impression Post
The frolicking dragonets who were trying to fly made Willim grin. They already knew what they wanted to do -- what they were born to do! He watched as they lined up to launch themselves in tandem. "Ahahah, go babies, go!" he quietly cheered them on...

Until he realized they were charging right for him.

WHUMP!

Willim was knocked flat onto his back on the sands by the brown baby, who HWONKed loudly and flailed in the sand beside him. The little creature squirmed and scrabbled to get back on his feet, wings flapping -- then he fixed the young brewer with a swirling rainbow gaze. Oh. My. Faranth. Willim, Willim! WillimWillimWillimWillim!! DID YOU SEE!! Your Faloth FLEW!! WASN'T I THE COOLEST!

He'd been told what Impression was like... an explanation that in no way prepared him for the real thing. It was more than just the thoughts of the handsome brown dragonet in his head; it was like the soul of the little creature had entered him when his eyes had locked with that rainbow gaze. Willim laughed, feeling tears come to his eyes and sobs welling up in his chest. Faloth was his, and he was Faloth's.

"Yes, yes, you were the coolest. You ARE the coolest."

I'm going to fly EVEN BETTER with you!! Faloth tried to scramble into Willim's -- W'ill's -- arms, and he pulled the baby close and held him tightly. He was both bigger and smaller than W'ill had imagined. Faloth stopped his wings from flailing and wrapped them around His. They sat there for what felt like forever before they finally separated and W'ill got to his feet.

Turning to Shanley, he gave her a big, warm smile. "I have to take him to get food. Faloth. His name is Faloth. I... I hope you Impress too, Shanley." He gave Shanley a hug. "Good luck."

As he walked off the sands with Faloth, he spotted Fisher. Grinning hugely, he raised one arm and flexed his bicep at her. "You'll do it, Fisher," he said softly. "You'll do it too."

Thaliawen
for Shanley!

houllow
for Fisher!

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 7:58 pm
arlie and smol alegriath

"It's nice t'meet you, Mr. Gru." It must've been nice to be someone who knew so many people. Candidacy apparently helped with that, but she and Haveli were still sort of new and, well...Haveli didn't like it when she reached out to other people. Not that Arlie could blame her; she'd just been lucky so far, that's all, that most people here had been decent.

More dragons were beginning to crop up, more than she remembered seeing at the Touching. It was then that three things happened, one shortly after the other.

First, the white approached them, glittering like a faint rainbow in the morning sun. Immediately Arlie cooed as the precious baby bowed, and with her free hand clutching her robes, she bowed back. Gru's hand was squeezed, as if to say he needed to bow as well. Arlie began to open her mouth, perhaps to ask if the white too needed help finding someone.

In second, she heard someone in her head that stopped her: Can we go eat now? You'll feel so much better if you aren't hungry anymore. And it was best that Impression was in the mind and the heart, unbound from petty things such as time, because it took much longer than it should have for Arlie to realize what it meant to gaze at the whirling, colorful eyes of...Alegriath. This impossibly small, precious glittering dragon, whom radiated nothing but a gentle joy at finding Hers--Hers. It meant--it meant so many more responsibilities in the future, so many risks for them both to take, lessons she couldn't fail, Threadfall...

Alegriath swept her negative thoughts away the way one might have brushed her hair, moving on her hindlegs to stretch and touch her knees, just barely. You don't have to worry about that, not right now. I promise it will all be okay! She was just a white, and a small one at that, but she was already inspired by what memories she gleaned from Arlie of her and Haveli's own journey. She couldn't fix that, but she could, would be there now.

Haveli. The third thing that happened was this: when Arlie looked up, the white secure in her arms as a human babe, she saw her sister just a handful of people-widths away, a tear down her cheek, an haunted, unreadable look in her eyes. And here she was, the girl who had run away and came back with an unknown man and a dragon. This was what she rewarded Haveli's efforts with, what all of their hardship had bore fruit to. If Crucio's mental jabs had been painful, then this all was just an exquisite sort of torture. And it was worse because it was of her own making.

Unable to hold all of her feelings in anymore, Arlie began to sob, and sob loudly.

Mine...? Yellow crept into Alegriath's eyes as the tears flowed. She too couldn't quite grasp at all the complex emotions going on in the new weyrling, but there was a common core at most of them: Haveli. She wriggled just enough to let her wings loose, giving a soft creel. It's okay, I promise it's okay, because there's still so many who need to find Theirs today, and one of them must love her like I love you!

This, if anything, made Arlie cry harder.

Alegriath did her best to wrap her wings around the girl, her worried gaze turning to Haveli. Please...I just want her to be happy. Even Gru was given a plaintive look for help.

teiha
i am so sorry for pulling u into this gru

houllow
STARES

medigel

Anxious Spirit

Uta
Captain

Shy Mage

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2018 8:02 pm
Perfect Isn't Easy Green
What...
What was this!

Where was HER attention! She had waited, and waited, and waited, and waited. She had let all that silly carnage happen; had let her cousins have the opening scene, and she... SHE! Most wonderful, perfect, she, was now being upstaged by.... by that creature!?

Another hiss. Where was her crowd of adoring Candidates? What was she, nothing!? And that old new hag over there... The one who had all Hatching to Impress and was just wasting time. This wasn't fair! She was... She was the most beautiful, most harming, most exquisite creature and nobody seemed to care.

Even the Candidates were too worried about their own wounds and personal problems then to even care or think twice about her! What a cruel world she lived in! What a terrible place to be! I said, excuse me boys. Perfection is waiting. From Imeprio to Expelliarmus to Gryffindor and Dementor. She wanted her adoring fans and she wanted them now!

And .. and now not one but two others Impressed! Stealing HER limelight! This wasn't what she had expected at all! To say she was devastated was an understatement! oh ho. But she would not crumble. She was not weak. She wasn't like that simpering Amortenia, or that manipulative other green. She was perfect. Soon they would all see.

At least Friend Like Me had the audicyt to draw near. She gave an affectionate croon back, finally taking a few steps away from her spot near her egg shell. She was ready for her close up.

- - -
Mystery Green
She was not put off by Amortentia and instead sent an assuring little croon the dragon's way. Beauty is pain, and would not her dear sister rather the truth than lies? Besides... Separate, they could charm the boys, but together? They could charm the Weyr. As for that...canine over there...well. Perhaps she would be useful. Perhaps she would have enough class to join them.

Another gentle nuzzle to Expelliarmus and one for Gryffindor. Help her find Hers then? Such strong males would surely ensure she made it through the mob of Candidates safely...

[IC RP] The Hatching Grounds

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 65 66 67 68 69 70 ... 116 117 118 119 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games