Welcome to Gaia! ::

Ministry of Magic & the Wizarding World

Back to Guilds

Live the life of a wizard! Based on J.K. Rowling's books, this guild focuses on the Ministry of Magic and everyday life. Open and accepting! 

Tags: roleplay, J.K. Rowling, Harry Potter, Ministry of Magic, Wizarding World 

Reply King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms
Platform 9¾ Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 7:51 pm
User Image
                                                    I know we got it good, but they got it made,
                                                    And their grass is getting greener each day,
                                                    I know things are looking up, but soon they'll take us down,
                                                    Before anybody's knowing our name

User Image
                                                    ════════════════════════
                                                    Sᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ Yᴇᴀʀ || Rᴇsᴇʀᴠᴇ Sᴇᴇᴋᴇʀ || Sʟʏᴛʜᴇʀɪɴ
                                                    ════════════════════════

Kenny blinked. What had just happened? He understood perfectly well Jer's outburst, even if just by looking at the others' faces they didn't. It made him wonder at what was going on, to be honest. He shifted nervously, feeling like the odd one out as he hardly knew these people, Daniel notwithstanding, and thought that this was just an awkward situation to find himself in. He fingered the ring in his pocket as he glanced from one face to another. Should he say something?

His thoughts were interrupted as the boarding call rang out over the area. Breathing a sigh of relief, he figured he would ask Jer about it later, in the comfort of his own dorm room. He didn't think Jer would protest, really. After all, Jer was all about keeping secrets when he needed to, and Kenny could do the same for his brother.
                                                    "I think I'm going to find a compartment for myself. It was nice meeting all of you." Kenny then bolted for the train, thinking that if anything, he wouldn't want to be caught dead in that conversation after the blowup. Climbing in, he just hoped that there wasn't anything really big he needed to do.

════════════════════════
                                                    Thinking: Well, my brother's pretty popular...
                                                    OOC: Next post on the train for Jer and Kenny.

Do you think I'm special? Do you think I'm nice?
                                                    Am I bright enough to shine in your spaces?
                                                    Between the noise you hear, and the sounds you like
                                                    Are we just sinking in an ocean of faces?

The Forgotten Weasley

Cara MiaKitty

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:03 pm
User Image

User ImageUser ImageLocation: Platform 9¾

“Well I won’t being getting all O’s I can tell you that. We’ll see come OWLs whether I managed to pass history since it seems to be my worst subject.” Leonette said not really worrying about it at this point. There was still a lot of time till she had to start panicking. “I’m sure we can figure it out if we put our heads together.” She told him confident in herself and David. How could they not figure out something so simple?

Leonette thought something was off with David when she asked if he’s trying learning an instrument. However she was to happy to hear that he was at least doing something other than reading a book to really question it. “Hey it’s a start David. Besides it takes you away from all those books you read.” Leonette was so happy he’d at least thought about what she said. In her mind anyway scales was still technically learning an instrument or at least one part of one at least.

Before saying anything more about it Leonette heard the call to board the train. Looking to the train and then back over at David it suddenly occurred to her… She hadn’t planned on seeing anyone else except for him. Instantly Leonette’s face flushed as if completely caught off guard by his words. “No… there’s no one else… just you… she said going quiet the more she spoke. Mentally smacking herself Leonette fought for her composer before continuing. “What I mean to say is I’d be happy to join you.” She rephrased in her usual tone before heading off towards the Hogwarts Express. Hopefully David wouldn’t question her on her reaction.

(Exit to the Hogwarts Express)

With: David

Wearing: Casual yet girly

OOC: ---

mc2

Gryfindor you say?
Yes, I could see you doing well there...
So be it! Gryffindor!

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:48 pm
User Image

User Image
"What you confuse for honesty,
is fire from the tongue of a liar.
What you confuse for sanity,
is a broken mirror that cracks more.

Claire looked up from her position, once again she had blacked out...for how long though? Looking up she saw the conductor calling for last boarding and slowly stood up, a far off look in her eyes.

So it was time then? Chewing on her lower lip she nodded as she noticed Josh get on the train, maybe...maybe she could sit with him?
....Not that she was exactly all about Josh or anything, that was just silly. Yep. She wasn't in denial. Nope. Not at all.

As she walked passed Victor and whoever was with him, was that the one Gryffindor? Whatever, she did pause momentarily at the mention of her being off-kilter though and frowned some as she hurried to the train.

What a stupid girl....stupidstupidstupidstupidstupid-

Claire was used to the demeaning thoughts in her head by now, she knew it wasn't a voice...but some inner part of her. She probably felt this way. But...whatever.

Stupid Victor.

....What did he know? He was a happy person. He didn't know. Her eye darkening as she twitched, her grip on her wand in her pocket tightening, she pressed on, through the door. Claire would get him back.

Oh yes she would.

My feelings? I'm off you know?
Precious thought of mine, "...Fire? Fire...Fire."
I'm a Slytherin.
Did you know that I'm a third year?
My strings are being pulled. "Claire and Josh exiting to the train." Out of character.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 8:58 pm
User Image
User Image

Alexandria shuffled her butt out of her mother’s car. Arriving by broom was a lot more fun, but they couldn’t all fit on one. Leaving Rosabella behind would create enough space for the three of them, but that was out of the question. A girl could dream though, right? The thirteen year old embraced her mother before strutting through the brick wall barrier with her head held high. On the other side, she waited for her brother. After all, he was a nervous firstie. Plus, the two siblings got along quite swimmingly. Once Dalton emerged from the brick wall, Alex grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the steaming train. Maybe if they were lucky, Rosabella would be too slow and she’d get locked out. Locked out of the Hogwarts Express, not find another way to school, and get expelled. Too bad that wouldn’t happen. At least, not this year, for the twelve year old had walked through the wall.

You won't know anything unless you try
Might end up falling, but you just might fly
You know it's all about what you believe
And maybe something extra up your sleeve

((OOC: outfit in left picture))

I won't be whining about what might've been
You know I'm not too big on giving in
I use whatever spell the law allows
That is of course, if I know how

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:07 pm
User Image
User Image

After getting out of the vehicle, Dalton hugged and kissed his mother before turning to watch Alexandria walk through the brick wall. It looked a whole lot easier than it seemed. Maybe it seemed easy to some people, but not to the first year. He hadn’t known how to actually control his magic yet, what if he accidentally casts a spell and prevents the barrier from letting him through? What if he ends up getting stuck in the middle of it?! But before he could think about the possible scenarios, his mother had already been pushing him through and before he knew it, Dalton was on Platform 9¾ with Alexandria waiting for him. ”Oof!” he exclaimed as his older sister grabbed his arm and pulled him towards the extremely loud train. Every student rushed up the steps at each entrance, and frankly, it was a little overwhelming.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:17 pm
User Image
Gypsy is...spacespacespacespace
CURRENTLY // Looking Chic at the Platformspace
CURRENTLY // fancying Daniel Kiremonospaces
CURRENTLY WITH // Jerspacesp
CURRENTLY FEELING // Excitedspacespa
CURRENTLY THINKING // 'Another year, another opportunity... wonder when Daniel will show.' spacespac

ஒ ஒ ஒ The phone rings in the middle of the night;
My father yells, 'what you gonna do with your life?'
ஒ ஒ ஒ
═════════════════════════════════════════════════

spaceGypsy giggled at the look on Jess' face when she got a look at Daniel, clearly all-too pleased with herself. Well, what could she say? He was a total cutie, after all. She missed whatever it was the brunette muttered as Jer stalked off, and rolled her eyes at her best friend's antics. Seriously? What the hell was wrong with him today? She sighed, shifting her weight from one leg to the other, a hip popping out, tossing her hair over her shoulder. "We should probably board... although I think it'd be best to leave his grumpy a** alone," she told the others, thinking that she did not want to share a car with Jer as long as he was being so moody. Maybe he hadn't slept well last night or something. He could have a car to himself, nap on the way to school, and would hopefully be at least somewhat back to normal that evening. It didn't occur to her that his bad mood might persist and he wouldn't sit with her... he always sat with her, after all.

spaceHer hand reached out to take the handle to her trunk, brushing Daniel's as he grabbed it. She smiled widely, flushing faintly, her blonde hair taking on an ever-so-slightly peach hue. "Thank you," she said, offering him a small but somehow still over-the-top curtsy before she started towards the train. She glanced back over her shoulder a second, and noticed Art reaching for Daniel's arm. She giggled. "Watch out; he's clingy," she told the Slytherin with a playful wink as she stepped onto the train.

═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ Oh daddy dear, you know you're still number one
                                                          But girls, they want to have fun. Oh, girls just want to have fun!
                                                          ஒ ஒ ஒ

User Image

(( OOC: ))
** Exit to Hogwarts Express **

Diamond Wales

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

The Forgotten Weasley

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50

kiska166
Crew

Devoted Winner

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:21 pm
User Image
User Image
User Image

Rosabella hugged her step mother goodbye as Alexandria turned and walked through the brick wall without another look. After all of the threats that the older girl told before every Quidditch match against Gryffindor, the twelve year old really did not know whether or not she was going to tryout this year. After all, she already proved to the pureblood that muggles could be just as good at that sport, and it wasn’t like Bella ever got to play a real game anyway. Truth be told, she didn’t think the threats were really worth it, but that was just it! Alexandria had threatened her about trying out in the first place, and if it wasn’t for that, her competitive side would have never come out. Knowing the older girl, there was no doubt in Bella’s mind that the same thing would happen at the beginning of this year. Maybe giving up on Quidditch would be the wiser choice. Alex would have one less reason to torment her, right? That was when Rosabella realized that both Alexandria and Dalton had already gone through the barrier, so the twelve year old followed. However, by the time she crossed, her siblings had already disappeared – either into the crowd or onto the train.

User Image  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:39 pm
User ImageUser Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

”It’s definitely normal, don’t worry,” Serafina smiled, nodding at the younger male. She was right, he is nervous. Well, who wouldn’t? Most first years were nervous… and scared. She was scared back then, too, seeing all the new people she’ll later be with. Or hate, but she didn’t really hate anyone. Not really.

”You could ask me some questions if you want to,” she offered, giving him an soft smile. ”I’m a prefect—someone who is, how do I say this,” she snapped her fingers as she thought of a word, ”like a student officer? I guess that’s one way to put it.” She shrugged inwardly, though she couldn’t help but think of another word for it. Eh.

She immediately raised her head towards the train when the conductor called out for the students. She stood up, tucking the book under her arm. She looked at the first year first, remembering to introduce herself, ”Oh, pardon my manners, I’m Serafina Lancaster, a sixth year. How about we get on the train together?” She looked expectantly at him, but also wondered if her… err, straightforwardness is making him uncomfortable.

O utrageous O range C oconuts: >.<

Laurel Mindfang

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100

mc2

Shameless Sex Symbol

21,090 Points
  • Deal Me In 50
  • Married 100
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 9:54 pm
User ImageUser ImageTook your advice and did the opposite
Just being young and stupid
I haven't been all that you could've hoped for
But if you'd held on a little longer
You'd have had more reasons to be proud...

In Company of: Xavier and Victor
Wearing:Back to my Natural Color

Hmm... he sort of missed the hint, but at least Victor got it was sort of important-Hell, I grew up around a lot of those people.

"Victor's cousin Claire is a cute girl, blonde, green eyes-um eye- who is in Slytherin. She's a year below us," Veronica said. "She is prone to pranks but generally is mostly harmless from what I have seen." She glanced at Victor and said, "That's too bad Claire is having a rough time. Maybe it is just a phase? I mean she did have a rough time when... well, during her first year was it?"

"Anyways," Veronica said putting on a smile, "Company sounds good. And, we all better start heading to the train as that is our call." She nodded towards the Hogwarts Express.

"Oh, and Victor, you know me, I'm secretly a bleeding heart," Veronica added, "More friends would just end up being seen as more responsibilities to me. After all, I'm already your knight, and I'll be saving the world one person at a time!" She laughed at herself and the fist she made and raised in front of her heart as if in a show of power and determination.

Shaking her head she smiled a determined smile and said stepping forward, "Well, the train, then?"

So many questions
But I'm talking to myself
I know that you can't hear me any more
Not anymore
So much to tell you
And most of all goodbye
But I know that you can't hear me any more...

Diamond Wales
Squeeky Luff

{OOC: Exit to Hogwart's Express?}  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:37 pm
User Image

User Image
"Let my healing melody,
ease your heart.
Let my kind voice,
ease your pain.

Victor tilted his head as Xavier asked who his cousin was, Victor thought for a bit, "She's...not hard to miss. Blonde hair...green eye...rose eye-patch." When Ronna described her in more detail, Victor couldn't help but giggle. Cute girl? ....Sometimes.

Not that he'd tell Claire that. She seemed well enough on her own.

....Sort of.

When Xavier mentioned he wasn't a bother Victor let out a sigh of relief, "Oh...Good then." When Ronna commented on it being just a phase, Victor nodded his head, "I'm sure she'll snap out of it. She's strong willed enough." Victor shook his head, "First and second year...I'm hoping her third year goes well enough zough....." He then looked to the side, "Don't tell her I said that." She'd lord it over him if that got out.

Victor shifted his stance some as he began walking towards the train, smiling at the company, "Company is always nice, oui?"

When Ronna continued Victor laughed some, "Oui...You are ze best knight~" He then got onto the train, ready to sit with his friends...well...friend...He wouldn't mind Xavier as a friend either, it'd be nice. Friends were always nice.

....Terren really did rub off on him, he wondered where the male was though, he hadn't seen him recently.

I feel calm you know?
My inner thoughts are, "Hm...Terren...and...Where is Del too?"
I'm in the house of Hufflepuff.
I am a proud fourth year
My puppeteer says "Exiting to Hogwarts express~" Out of character.

mc2
Diamond Wales

Squeeky Luff

1,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Dressed Up 200

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 10:39 pm
User ImageUser Image

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃ ♡♡♡♡ ▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

Xavier ran off to the barrier, confident as he always was. He looked around first, his expression simply dull. He waited alone, quietly, watching at the other students laughed and talked to one another. He never was that good at making friends…. And he never really accepted the fact that he’ll spend a whole school year without seeing a certain someone again. He spend almost his whole summer searching for her, searching every bookstore, every muggle school he found. But he couldn’t find her. Quidditch, and books. Those are his distractions. It worked, a bit. And studying. Ugh.

”Books… just read books…” he mumbled to himself, closing his eyes for a moment. Last summer, he insisted to have contacts when he almost broke his glasses since he almost sat down on it. Besides, glasses sometimes became a burden to him. Sometimes. Well, at least you don’t have to push you’re your contacts up your nose. That may have been the main advantage of it. Now, he’s wearing contacts; clear ones. He wanted to keep his natural eye color visible.

He opened his eyes when he heard the conductor. Staring into space for a moment, Xavier boarded the train, alongside the others.

● ● ⓒ Well, le derp writing >.< Open for interaction >.> Exit to Hogwarts Express >.<

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 22, 2014 11:38 pm
User Image
єugene єridanos ωindsor

House: ???? First Year Half-Blood Mood: Relieved With: Serafina Lancaster Attire: [x]

xxxxxxxx I don't know what I want, so don't ask me
------------------------------------------------- 'Cause I'm still trying to figure it out
xxxxxxxx Don't know what's down this road, I'm just walking
------------------------------------------- Trying to see through the rain coming down

-------- ✎ Even though I'm not the only one who feels the way I do... ✦ --------

”It’s definitely normal, don’t worry,” So it is normal? Jean felt relieved. So getting nervous wasn't bad after all, but not too much. "Oh thank goodness, feelin' a wee bit better now", he sighed with a relief. The woman looks sweet, especially that sweet smile. And no, it's not like he's attracted to her. He just like sweet people, that's all.

So she's a prefect? Well, that's a good start. Maybe he need one for now, maybe asking questions about the school, "Oh thank you, and I guess that's the ring to it, so yep", he nodded with agreement. He heard the voice of the train as if acknowledging everyone that it's here. He put back his notebook back to his luggage but kept his pencil and eraser to the pockets of his black vest.

”Oh, pardon my manners, I’m Serafina Lancaster, a sixth year. How about we get on the train together?”. Serafina? That's a nice name, and she's a sixth year? Well that's odd, maybe Hogwarts have a unique academic system than the school he used to study in the Muggle World. Well hey, different "world" right?

He thought for a second. He hasn't introduced himself, did he? Well, judging from questioning himself, that would be a yes. "Nice to meet you, the name's Eugene Windsor", he greeted with politeness, "But you can call me Jean if you like, and sure! It's a pleasure." He readied his luggage and was ready to follow her to the train.

-------- I'll be strong, I'll be wrong but life goes on. --------

IceGrayWolf

Julian Galaksylph

Festive Stylist

10,225 Points
  • First step to fame 200
  • Partygoer 500
  • Forum Sophomore 300

IceGrayWolf

Tipsy Pup

9,050 Points
  • Ultimate Player 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 2:54 am
User ImageUser Image
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

When he said he was feeling a bit better now that he knew his reaction is normal, Serafina smiled brighter. ”Good,” she sighed in relief too. Relief because first, at least the firstie’s not nervous anymore, and second, the conversation didn’t turn awkward. Unlike the other conversation she had before. She inwardly shuddered at the memory.

Sera cocked her head to one side when a flick of confusion and curiosity appeared on his face when she introduced herself. But she just shrugged her own curiosity off. When he introduced himself, Sera nodded. ”Jean,” she repeated, to remember his name. ”Well, since I can call you Jean, you can call me Sera.” Then she smiled at him again. ”Nice to meet you too,” she started walking towards the train, her pace slow to match his. If she walked fast she might leave Jean behind. And well, that’s not good, is it?

”Well, shame as it is, I won’t be in the compartment long,” she shook her head in defeat. ”I’ll have to roam the train and check if there are any misbehaving students. Bu—t I guess I’ll stay longer, to, you know, help you with any questions.” Besides, there are 23 other prefects patrolling. And Jean might be more confused when he arrives at the school, seeing that everything is new to him. Better to entertain his questions than have him encounter something he never thought existed until today.

O utrageous O range C oconuts: Exit to Hogwarts Express

Laurel Mindfang

PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:56 am
User Image

The Hogwarts Express

With a piercing whistle and a puff of steam, the doors of the Hogwarts Express closed. The students all on board, leaning out the windows and waving at their families, The train engine slowly inched forward, before picking up speed as it left the station.

Diamond Wales

Vice Captain

Shameless Dreamer

19,800 Points
  • Rufus' Gratitude 100
  • Team Jacob 100
  • Married 100

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Wed Apr 23, 2014 7:09 am
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Iñigo Lazarus Albion-Alexandré~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ravenclaw<||>Second Year<||>Seer~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Stay strong...I know it is hard to understand why these things happen, but they do"

Iñigo watched over the crowd intently, surveying the crowd, wondering if there was anyone out there left without a conversation. His eyes set upon a girl...a brunette who was currently separated from the people she came with. But before he could catch up, he heard the all aboard, and that is what he did. He rushed on with his things before it could puff away without him. And he just made it too, because seconds after he got on, the train began to puff away, leaving all the parents and family of the students behind. He watched as all the parents wave...all the mothers wave, which he could not lie, annoyed him a bit, but he fought that feeling, knowing that it was more jealousy then it was anything else.

He watched through the glass windows as they began to pass into the countryside, glad to be going back to Hogwarts. One thing he did wonder however was the whereabouts of Lexine. He hadn't seen her on the platform, but he knew that she had to be somewhere around. Or at least, he hoped she was there on the train. He also wondered where Anastasia was, for reason really...mainly because she was the only one that knew about his powers. He didn't know if she would tell anyone, for it was something he didn't want someone to here about. They hadn't talked since the whole situation with Ashley; so quite frankly, he figured she didn't want to talk to him. Then there was Warren, whom he hadn't seen for awhile that he didn't see on the platform. There was plenty of people he was looking for, but hadn't found any of them.

"Trust me, we are going to change our lives for the better"

King's Cross Station & Magical Platforms

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 67 68 69 70 71 72 ... 183 184 185 186 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games